Furious Hearts

By ENI-scribe

"E... Eddie..." She stuttered breathlessly. With his fingers prodding her womanly folds, he groaned. "Yes bea... More

author's note
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
A/N
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
epilogue

chapter twenty three

5.5K 231 2
By ENI-scribe

Gina stirred from sleep, her eyelids still heavy and her head throbbing. She tried to open her eyes but the light penetrating the room through the curtains made it impossible. Closing her eyes she groaned into the pillow. That was not her scent, her eyes snapped open, taking in her surrounding she smiled at the familiar room. She was in a long grey shirt that reached her mid thigh. Her legs swung off the bed, she stood weakly and found her way down stairs.

The smell of cooking pancakes hit her nostrils and as if on cue her stomach growled. She walked in the kitchen only for her eyes to meet the sexiest morning show she had ever watched.

Eddie finished making the pancakes, coffee and fresh juice. He carefully almost professionally placed them on the tray. His muscles stretched the healing marks clawed on his bare back as he reached for a tablet container on a cupboard. His shoulder blades relaxed as he placed it with a glass of water on the tray. He picked it up turning to the door.

"Hmm, good morning." Gina greeted leaning on the side of the door frame her legs crossed exposing her naked thighs.

"Good morning beautiful." He greeted back placing the tray on the counter, "well you just ruined my breakfast in bed surprise." He gestured to the tray. Gina laughed softly before walking towards him. "You don't have to do all that, you are not my boyfriend Eddie." She said smiling.

Drawing her to him, he said, "I know but, I think that can be resolved."

"Eddie_"

"No, no, I won't rush you, I know you are dealing with something, last night all those wine glasses were not just you having fun, that was you trying to forget." He said kissing her forehead.
"Here," he handed her a tablet and a glass of water. "For that smart head of yours, then we will have breakfast, prepare then go to work." He made her sit down then gave her her breakfast.

"I should check things out with_"

"Relax Gina, I called Cindy, I told her to hold your early morning meetings, reschedule some and send you a briefing so you can go through it on our way to work. And I already ordered for your clothes." He said holding her shoulders.

Gina nodded then started on her breakfast, they ate in a comfortable silence until Gina spoke. "You did not... I mean... last night," she stuttered biting her lower lip.

Eddie smiled softly before saying, "no, you were too drunk," Gina nodded again. "You almost had your way with me though, drunken strong girl." Eddie said chuckling.

Gina knew he was trying to make her feel better, she had been imposing and damn, it felt strange. She had not had anyone taking care of her in a long time.
"Eddie,"

"You think too much you know, just let me do what I have to do. And that Ben guy you kept cursing, I'm going to kill him if he so much as comes near your shadow, now eat." He ordered.

She went on eating, her heart doing somersaults and she had no idea just how to stop it, she wanted it to stop. Or did she? She grinned as she bit into a huge piece of pancake.
"Eddie," she called smiling her mouth full.

"Hmm," he hummed in response.

"I'm sorry. About your back." She apologized.

Their eyes met before he said, "I was hoping you could refresh them in the shower after breakfast." He grinned as her face flushed.

"Sure." She mumbled her mouth full of pancake. Eddie could not help but laugh.

***

"We will have Noel Ad Agency presenting tomorrow, then as the PR team we thought our usual charity dinner could not come at a better time, our course this time will be to help with the much needed funds for starting a cancer Research Centre by which Dr Raymond has initiated. All we need is the word go from Miss Marshall and Associates." Mrs Nelson informed before taking her seat.

Usually Gina would already be taking control of the meeting like her reputation preceded in the industry. However, there and then she looked lost, Eddie had been watching her, instead of her usual bossy poise she had her arm lying on the huge table her head held down. No doubt her mind miles away. The room fell silent after the board members' clapping died down and Eddie knew it was his cue to run things.

"Er_ ladies and gentlemen it is a good course, our events organizers and PR people can go ahead and hold the event, Miss Marshall and I will fully support it through. Mrs Nelson, please do give mine's and Miss Marshall's PA the necessary documents for signing." Eddie said but he could not help but think that it should be Gina standing there running and controlling things. Not that he did not like handling business, matter of fact he enjoyed it, it enthralled him, business was his ultimate sport, the competition was always on, someone was always attempting to best him. He was a threat, major challenge in the corporate world and the fact that he decided to invest in M&A previously known as M&M was simply another sport for him. He was a gamer, a king in the real estate and hotel business, investing in beverage and food was him having fun on a different level in the field.

The woman had impressed him from day one, her confidence, sass and intelligence inarguably on top of this world. He loved watching her presentations, he enjoyed the bossy aura she emanated in that very room and many others he'd witnessed her in action. Even when she was on top of him riding his mind away, making him lose control and showing him who the boss was. He could not help but smile at her image in his bathroom that morning, her back against the steamy, moist, glassy wall, her long flawless legs encircling his waist holding him in place, her delicious curves perfectly in sync with his hard body, her honey pot sweetly tightened around his shaft as her hips pushed forward meeting him thrust to thrust. He felt a heat build inside him bringing him back to reality.

"That would be all ladies and gentlemen. Let us meet here tomorrow for the Noel Ad Agency presentation. Thank you and have good day." He nodded briefly as the members left, his eyes went back to the woman that had completely ruined his professional thoughts. "Take her files to the office, I want to talk to her." Eddie addressed Cindy who had been watching her boss with worry.

"Gina." Eddie called when they were alone, she did not respond so he placed his hand gently over her shoulder. She jumped, panic written on her face. He saw her features relax as she recognized it was just him.
"I'm sorry I startled you." He whispered.

She nodded softly. "It's fine."

"Is it really." It was not a question. "You were paced out the entire three hours of the meeting, I will bet my life you did not hear a word said here..." Eddie trailed off closing the distance between them so that he held her upper arms at an arm's length. "What is it beautiful." He asked softly.

Gina swallowed hard before muttering quietly, "it's nothing, maybe I'm just... I'm tired."

Eddie held either side of her head and pecked her forehead. "Remind me to never touch you the morning again." He murmured.

At those words Gina shook her head to show her disagreement, when he stepped away but still held her arms in confusion she spoke "It is not you Eddie, yeah maybe a bit but, not entirely."

"Then what? Or... who?" Eddie asked wondering why the thought of someone hurting her or the probability of her thoughts on someone else made his insides twist in agony. "Ben?" He asked softly but with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

Gina stepped away from his hold. "You have to stop acting like_"

"Like I'm your boyfriend. Yeah I know how I'm acting like and I know it was not part of this god damn agreement. Gina... help me to help you." He pleaded almost in pain.

"This was supposed to be sex, just that. But with you trying to worry about me, making me breakfast, trying to make me laugh, saving my ass I just..." she trailed off. "You are complicating things." She sighed.

Eddie stared at her his eyes cold, his expression unreadable.
"That is just half of it, what else is eating you up?" He asked flatly.

"The fact that I'm loving it and I'm not supposed to." She spat glaring at him. Their gaze locked and after what felt like an eternity of silence Eddie pulled her to him kissing the life out of her. When they finally pulled back for the much needed air their foreheads still attached Eddie said, "tonight, we will go out on a date, I will pick you up at six p.m."

"Alright." She said almost whispering.

Eddie stepped away from her, grinned and something dawned on Gina.

"Did you just_ you demanded a date from me!" She said unbelievably.
"Caveman." She deadpanned.

Eddie chuckled before walking away to the door whistling.
She knew she should not be entertaining such things, she had promised herself not to let herself tread that road again, but the feeling that engulfed her every time Eddie kissed her, touched her, made wild love to her, worried and went out of his way to make her smile, washed all over again and she found herself smiling like the idiot she knew she should not be. But she was
.
.
.
.
.
There it goes folks, critique, like, comment, vote and enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 6.5K 12
[On Amazon] Do you remember your safe word?" she asks. "Yes," I mutter. "Say it." "Cross." She takes a deep breath and exhales. "Your only...
1.1K 55 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
23.2K 824 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
1M 40.7K 36
A divorced mother of three takes on a new job as the assistant of one of the wealthiest men in the United States. After working together for a very s...