Cartier (Jaden Smith Fanfic)

By MSFTSx3

Danielle Summers moved to New York from California when she was ten, leaving her best friend Jaden Smith behi... More

Prologue: 9 Years Ago
Chapter 1: Remember
Chapter 2: Strangers
Chapter 3: That Girl
Chapter 4: Better
Chapter 5: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 6: The Fans
Chapter 7: How Far
Chapter 8: Lion and the Lamb
Chapter 9: Meeting the Family
Chapter 10: Ruined
Chapter 11: Friends and More
Chapter 12: Chresanto
Chapter 13: Operation #Janielle
Chapter 14: Enough
Chapter 15: Forgive Me?
Chapter 16: Countdown
Chapter 17: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 18: One Year Since
Chapter 19: Promises
Chapter 20: What She Deserves
Chapter 21: Exciting Moments
Chapter 22: Tour Part 1
Chapter 23: Tour Part 2
Chapter 24: Tour Part 3
Chapter 25: New York Troubles
Chapter 26: Confrentational Dinner
Chapter 27: Back Home
Chapter 28: M.I.A
Chapter 29: Just In Time
Chapter 30: Honey, I'm Home
Chapter 31: Dance
Chapter 32: Preperation
Chapter 33: Battlefield
Chapter 34: Both Of Us
Chapter 35: Halloween Frights
Chapter 36: Road to Recovery
Chapter 37: Welcome Home
Chapter 38: Family Matters
Chapter 39: Runaway
Chapter 40: Double Date + One
Chapter 41: Republic Records
Chapter 43: Getting Ready
Chapter 44: Proposal
Chapter 45: Forever
Sequel- Love & War (Attempt #2)

Chapter 42: Deceived

2.5K 70 7
By MSFTSx3

Jaden's POV

I sat in bed with my arms wrapped around Dani's sleeping body. She smiled in her sleep, and occasionally a brief chuckle slipped out. I ran my fingers through her curls, just thinking about us together. We've been together a little over a year... It's hard to believe that I'd just won her back only 2 months ago because it feels like it's been forever since I lost her in the first place.

I heard a knock on the door, bringing me out of my daze. The door opened and Mateo slowly peeped his head in. "We need to talk." He whispered.

I carefully slipped out from under Danielle, making sure not to wake her. I grabbed a shirt and put it on before leaving the room and following Mateo back to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen, Sky and Mateo were already sitting at the table waiting for me. "What's up? Did you do what I asked?"

"Yeah, but there's some... Issues." Sky said slowly.

"Issues? What issues?"

"Well, since your design was so specific, it'll take a few days to be finished." Mateo explained.

"How many days?"

"2 days for the order to go in, at least 3 days for it to be made, then at least another 2 days for it to be shipped back to us." Sky said.

"Seriously? A whole week?" I sat down and put my head in my hands in disappointment. "This messes up the whole plan."

"What exactly is the plan again?" Sky asked.

"First, the signing. Then we were going to go home, and I was going to set up a big romantic picknic kind of thing on the beach. Then when the sunset, and the mood was set, then..." I trailed off.

"Then you were going to propose..." Sky finished my sentence for me.

"Then I was going to propose." I repeated. "You know, I even went old school on this one... When we went to go pick up Tori and Ethan the other day, I stopped by Jane and Jason's house and asked them if I could marry her."

"Awh," Sky cooed simpathetically. "That's so sweet."

"Dude you can still propose to her. You should still propose to her." Mateo encouraged. "Just wait a while until the ring gets finished. And we'll help you. We can get Moi and Madison to fly here, and we'll all help you replan."

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course!" Sky said excitedly. "It'll be just like that night when we ambushed her at 21 Oceanfront to get you two back together! Oh my gosh, just leave it all to me!"

"Yeah okay, slow down there. We actually have to find out where we're going to do this, and how we are going to explain to her that we are staying here for another week." I stood from the table, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see Emily, Danielle's cousin, caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Jaden. What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing. Just sitting here with Sky and Teo. What's up?"

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hangout today?" She asked cautiously.

"Us? Like, me and you?"

"Well no, I mean Dani can come too. And Sky and Mateo. It just kinda gets boring you know?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll ask Dani when she wakes up if she wants to come."

"Oh, alright. Well, bye."

"Bye." I took the phone from my ear and ended the call. When I looked back up, Sky was glaring at me and Mateo was laughing at me. "What?"

"You're not actually going to say yes are you?" Sky asked.

"Why not?" I asked innocently. The question only made Mateo laugh more and Sky look at me even angrier.

"Well let's see," she said sarcastically. "Maybe because your girlfriend and soon-to-be fiancée is upstairs, or maybe because Dani, again your girlfriend/soon-to-be fiancée, hates her, or I don't know maybe because she's a bitch who has a massive crush on you."

"She does not." I denied. "Her and Dani are cousins, and best friends."

"No, I'm Dani's bestfriend. And obviously you haven't been around lately because Dani hates that bitch. And frankly, so do I."

"Well, that last one is obvious..." I said under my breath so I wouldn't anger her anymore. "What do you think Teo?"

"Honestly..." He trailed off. "I do think she kinda likes you. I mean, that's Danielle's phone right there right?" He pointed to a small pile of Danielle's things sitting on the counter-- her wallet, phone, and a few hair accessories.

"Yeah, so what?"

"So that thing hasn't vibrated once. And if Emily really wanted all four of us to come hang out, I'm sure she would've called Danielle first... Not you." I sat and thought about it for a minute, thinking maybe they were right. I mean, I know Dani had her suspicions about her cousin but I really just thought she was over reacting... Maybe they're right. Either way, I needed to talk to Emily. Soon.

~*~

Danielle's POV

I woke up from my long nap around 6 o'clock, refreshed and renewed, and ready to spend the rest of the day with my favorite boy in the world. I was still a bit pumped from the big signing at lunch today, which literally feels like some kind of dream.

"Jaden?" I called out through his room. I threw the blankets off of my body and walked downstairs to the living room. Sky sat on the couch looking bored out of her mind while watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians on TV. "Where's Jay?" I asked, startling her a little.

"He went out.. He'll be back soon."

"Oh okay. What's going on with you?" I asked sitting beside her on the couch.

"Nothing..." She said plainly.

"I see." There was a small silence between us before she turned her head towards me and looked at me couriously.

"So I have a question, on a one to ten scale, how much do you hate Emily?"

"Emily? You mean my cousin Emily?" She nodded her head. "Ugh... 11."

"Oh wow... Why?"

"When my mom and I moved to New York for Jason, her and her parents were the only other family that we had there-- which made the decision to move the more easier for my mom. Growing up, we were inseparable, like she said we were best friends--?"

Sky put up her hand, stopping me mid-sentence. "But we are best friends now, right?"

"Yes, of course." I laughed. "Continuing my story, well in elementary school she was cool. Once we got to 7th grade, she told my crush I had lice."

"That bitch." Sky said sarcastically.

"I know right! But that's not it. She continued sabotaging all my relationships until 11th grade." I sat back and slumped down in the couch with my arms crossed. "I could've had some great boyfriends."

"Wait, what happened in 11th grade?"

"I was dating this guy named Evan, and we were great. He was my first real boyfriend, and I thought I'd won. Like I'd finally had a relationship that wouldn't be ruined by her. It was me and the guy's year anniversary, and I was going to surprise him at his house with Knicks tickets that Jason gave me, for us."

She put her hand up again, pausing me. "So Jason liked Evan?"

"Yeah, loved him. He was like the ideal guy Jason wanted for me." She was about to say something else before I stopped her. "Just let me finish the story, and you can ask questions after."

"Okay, but hurry I'm kind of confused."

"Okay. So when I got to his house, the door was already unlocked so I just walked in. When I walked in the living room, there she was--"

"Emily?" She said shocked.

"Yes, Emily." I laughed.

"Wow, were they like... Doing it?"

"No, but they were close to it. Both their shirts were off, and he was working on her pants."

Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped. "Nooooo!"

"Yeesss!"

Her eyes widened even more as the light bulb went off in her head. "So that's why Jason went off on Jaden?! Because it happened before!"

"Good job Sherlock." I smiled slyly before standing up and going into the kitchen.

"That bitch!" I heard her yell.

"I told you." I grabbed a water from the fridge, and rejoined Sky on the couch. Looked to me like she was still processing everything.

"Do you think she'd try and steal Jaden?"

"No doubt." I said taking a swig of my water. "But she's not Jaden's type. And Jaden and I talked about her already, he knows where I stand."

"Hmm." She swiftly stood from the couch and ran towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to make a call!" She yelled and ran upstairs before I heard her slam a door.

"Weirdo." I said to myself, taking the remote and turning up the volume. By this point in the show, Kim and Khloe were talking about Kim and Kanye's sex life-- which was surprisingly interesting to me.

~*~

I stood in front of the door of the address Emily gave me. I decided to come over for a bit to talk to her. Of course I'm not letting my guard down, obviously Dani knows something about her that I don't, but I would like to get to know her. She is of course Dani's only cousin-- well other than the twins-- and she and Dani were best friends at one point. Who says they can't be again?

I lifted my hand to knock on the door, but before I touched the door it opened.bemoly stood there with a black crop top tee, and black pants, with her hair straightened flowing past her shoulders. She was leaning against the door post in what was supposed to be a suductive pose, but really just made her look ridiculous.

"Uhh... Hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hey, come in." She moved slightly to the side giving me barely enough space to walk through the house.

"Yeah, okay." I slimed my body, and sucked in my stomach, walking by her into the house carful not to allow any part of my body to touch hers.

I finally got through, and walked through the house until I found the living room. I noticed the TV was on Twilight, and soft romantic R&B was playing really low in the background.

I sat on the couch not really knowing what to do as she came and sat beside me, a little too close for comfort. "So what do you want to do?"

"Uhh, I don't know... I don't know why I came I should probably go." I stood to leave, but the pulled my shirt forcing me to sit back down.

"Oh no you don't. I've been here alone and bored all day, we are going to have some fun." She scooted closer to me, but I scooted the opposite way.

"Well, I've kinda been wondering if you could tell me somethings about Danielle, ya know like from when you were younger." I said, mentally asking myself why the hell I even came her.

"Well of course. Number one, she peed in the bed until 6th grade."

"Umm, okay. Not really what I was hoping for, I was talking more along the lines of what she was like."

"Well..." She looked as if she was thinking of something mean to say. "She was smart. Straight A student, and she could sing."

"Yeah, actually as of this morning she's officially signed to Republic Records so.."

"Oh really? So you guys are moving to New York?" Her eyes lit up, making it obvious she was excited about this.

"No, but we'll definitely be up here more often, so you'll be able to see her more often. Maybe you guys can become friends again."

She scooted closer again-- closer than last time, but I couldn't move away any farther as I was already at the end of the couch. She lifted her finger began running it up and down my chest, and she softly whispered in my ear. "I'm more interested in seeing more of you, and I plan to become best friends with you."

"Okay okay, I think that's close enough." I quickly stood up and walked to the other side of the room.

"Come on Jaden, I know you want me. If you didn't you wouldn't have come over alone." She stood and started walking closer to me, and I instinctively began walking backwards to avoid her. "I'm sure you're curious, if I can do it better than her. Well I can."

"Actually I'm not interested, coming here was just a mistake." Suddenly I felt my back hit the wall, and she was too close for me to get away.

My heart started racing when I realzed she had me cornered. "It wasn't a mistake driving to this address, and it wasn't a mistake when you asked me for my address. You wanted this, Jaden. Does Dani even know you're here?" By now her face was just inches from mine. She stood on her toes, and balanced herself by placing her hands on my chest. "I bet she doesn't, so why didn't you tell her?"

"Emily, whatever you're thinking about doing, stop." Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing from my pocket, relieving me from anything that she would have tried.

She reluctantly backed away allowing me to answer my phone. I took advantage of the situation by quickly walking to the front door of the house, answering the call from Sky.

"H-Hello?" I answered still a little stunned from moments ago.

"Jaden!" She said urgently. "Please tell me you're not at Emily's."

"I am. Why?"

"You need to get out of there. If Danielle finds out, you're dead! And I'm dead for covering for you! Get your ass back home now!"

"Okay, okay. I'll be there soon."

"Jaden I'm serious, she's part of the reason Jason nearly killed you a two months ago. And as funny as that's was, we don't need a repeat. You don't know the whole story but--"

"I'm sure I can put two and two together... Tell Dani I'll be home soon. And that I love her." With that I hung up the phone.

"Mommy calling?" I heard Emily's voice, as I turned around.

"Actually no, it was Sky. I uhh, need to go." I started walking backwards to the door, exiting the house.

"Tell my favorite cousin hello!" She yelled as I shut the door and left the house. I took a deep breathe of relief as I walked to my car, and drove back home.

Once I got home, I was eager to see Danielle. I walked in the kitchen where she was making herself a snack, and pushed her against the wall, attacking her with a violent kiss. I held her face with both of my hands, as I kissed her hungrily, not wanting to ever let go.

"Mmm. Keep that up, and you'll get lucky for the second time today." She smirked pulling away.

I laughed. "Baby, I have to talk to you."

"Okay, but where'd you go?"

"That's actually what I need to talk to you about." She looked at me, and she automatically knew this was serious.

"Okay. Let's talk."

"Okay, so Emily invited me to her house to hang out, and regretfully I went." I paused for a moment, allowing her to process what I said. Her face went from shocked to angry in a matter of seconds. "Just hear me out." Her face lessened in anger, letting me explain while I had the chance. "I just wanted to talk to her. I wanted to see if there was a chance maybe you two could be friends again. But then she came on to me, and she tried to kiss me.. But she didn't, there was no way I would've let her." Her jaw clenched as her anger rose. It was a long silence as she stood controlling her anger. "Baby, you're not saying anything. Please say something."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I love you. And in this relationship, there's no secrets."

I waited for her to answer, as her facial expressions calmed. She didn't look angry anymore, she looked more like she was... Relieved.

"Okay." She said simply.

"Okay?"

"Okay. It's good you told me. I'm not angry, and I trust you, because I love you." She connected our lips in a gentle but passionate kiss.

"I love you too."

~*~

A/n: Hey guys :D

Sorry I posted in a while, school is getting hectic and I write just a little whenever I get a chance. But I did want to let you guys know that this book, Cartier, is coming to an end within the next couple of chapters. But no fear, there will be a sequel, so watch out for updates on the sequel on my other book Prince Charming.

Please comment, vote, share, and I love you guys so much. We are now past 25k, and I'm just so happy. Thankyou for everyone who's stayed around, even when it takes a whole month for me to update. Love you guys, and until next update:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 3.8K 52
"Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is the one that is going to require the most of you." -Caroline Myss He scowled and...
681 62 28
I was a normal 19 year old moving to California to live with my best friend until I met him. Hayes Grier. He was like something that I've never seen...
99.3K 1.8K 23
When Alyx moved from Scotland to LA with her best friend Katrina she never imagined when she was introduced to Colby that her life would change so mu...
34.8K 819 46
This is a sequel, so read "Dating a YouTuber?!" first. I wholeheartedly loved and trusted Nate despite having known him less than a year. I had a mil...