Harpoon ✔ (Josh Dun x Reader)

By seventyfivepilots

[COMPLETED ON 1 DECEMBER 2017] [HIGHEST RANKING: #9 INTERACTIVE/#2 FRENSHIP] "Everything is going to be okay... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
|-/ Author's Note |-/
Fourteen
Hold Up..!
Fifteen
Sixteen & Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
we did it
Twenty
Twenty-One (PiLoTs 😂)
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
:O
Twenty-Six & Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight (Your First Journal Entry)
Epilogue
update!

Twelve & Thirteen

1.1K 27 47
By seventyfivepilots

A/N: this chapter may be a bit long, cuz it's goner (hehe) be a double chapter! Yay! Enjoy :) P.S: it's ur POV 4got to mention :P

I waking up screaming while my pillow was on the floor. My clock read 4:56am. My fingernails were clenching to my duvet and my knees were in my chest. I felt sweat on my head and I immediately sit up as I heard someone downstairs. The footsteps were fast coming up the stairs and the doorknob turned. I clenched the duvet harder as the door opened revealing Josh.
"(y/n)!" He said as he rushed to my bed and jumped on it giving me a hug. I hug back, knowing that I was safe, but I was also surprised to see that he was shirtless and wearing red Nike shorts.
"Um Josh... why are you still here?" I ask kinda surprised. He let go and sat back down on my bed. I just sigh, and put my head on his shoulder, as if that dream never happened. I lift my head and start tracing his tree on his arm with my index finger, tracing each delicate stroke and each little line.

He smiles, and leans his body back and lies down on my bed, closing his eyes and I hear his breathing calm and become slow. Then I hear snoring. Gawsh. I quietly laugh, and lie down beside him. He opens his eyes slightly and tries to get up again, instead he gives up and lies back down again. He turns his head to look at me. I look at him.
"Tyler has been telling me stuff like, 'dude, you need to make this official' and 'oh bro, this person I can tell you like'. And I do like you it's just... ugh love is so complicated now." He says. I sigh.
"Yep. I can relate. Kate is all like, 'dude! Josh Dun! Your boyfren!' And your not really my boyfriend. We're frens." I say. Josh just looks at me and asks,
"Do you want me to be your boyfriend?"
I gulp. I didn't know what to say. But I know my mom said I was allowed a boyfriend it's just... eek. I've only known him for about a month... but I don't know.
"I guess. But that would make me famous and everything and ugh!" I say covering my face with my hands

"And out of all people. You would choose me." I say sitting up, covering my face again with my hands again. I felt something take a hand down from my face and I see Josh looking at me.
"I chose you because you don't react like other people when you see me. It's your casual. And I'm so lucky to have you, because without you, who would I spend time with apart from Tyler?" He says. I smile, and I answer his question.
"Brendon."
He laughs and he says:
"Brendon is in LA. We're in Ohio. Come on. Don't tell me you didn't know that."
I felt my face go red and I start to laugh. Man this guy!

I sigh, and ask him:
"I'm going to go boil up some milk from the fridge. Did you want some?"
"Yeah thank you," he replies and I sit up. I'm still in yesterday's outfit!
"And how did I get in here? Last time I remember I was on the couch." I say. Before Josh walks out he says:
"You are a character. Guess who put you there and tucked you in and maybe put a kiss on your forehead?" Josh says as he walked out. I smile. He really did that? But before I go follow him, I go and put on a fresh set of pyjamas, including my black starry sweatpants with little aliens in spaceships on, and a grey crop top. I put on my grey slippers and go downstairs.

I see Josh sitting on one of the high stools beside the counter, as I walk in and open the fridge. I get out the milk and open the kettle. I pour in the milk and flicked the switch for it to start boiling.
"I like your sweatpants." Josh says.
"Thank you. $15 at TopShop." I say.
"Hm. That's a pretty good deal saying that TopShop is a designer shop for clothes."
"They had a 75% off sale. I've had these for a month. I got them the day before the accident. Mom got a matching skeleton one. I'm part of the Alien CLIØUE." I say. Josh literally the minute I said that he threw his hands in the air.
"Boi. My girlfren is part of the Alien CLIØUE!" He says. I laugh as the kettle stops boiling and I pour the milk into two glasses.
"I'm still trying to get that in my head. Now I need to text Kate that we're 'official'." I laugh.

"Same here! Tyler told me to text him once I asked you-"
"Ha lol. I actually thought that this was a solo for you!" I laugh handing him a cup of milk.
"Nah. My fren has to help me with dis stuff now." He says guiltily before he takes a sip of milk. I crack up seeing that he's now got a milk moustache.
"What? I am George Washington!" He says in a posh voice and pose.
"Hehe" I laugh before having a milk moustache myself.
"HA LOL" Josh says before we all end up killing ourselves with laughter.

We finish our milk and I go and wash up the dishes.
"Josh, if you want to use the shower, it's upstairs second right!" I yell from the top of the stairs.
"Okay!" He yells back. I smile, as I hear the shower start to run. He better not take very long! Good thing I did the laundry, he has got a fresh towel to use. Not fresh clothes apparently. Oh well he's a man, he'll find something. I dry the cups and plates from the past 9 days and put them away. The shower stops running and a door opens.
"Hey is it okay if I can use some of your shampoo?" He yells.
"Yes, as long as you don't use all of it!" I yell back. The door shuts again, and the shower runs also.

After a while of me waiting nearly 4 minutes, (I know, SUCH a long time!) I see him come out in a towel and drenched yellow hair. I laugh.
"You look like a wet dog!" I laugh. I see him blush a warm pink.
"Come on! I just wanted to grab my shirt from downstairs!" He said. I continue laughing falling on the couch and laughing more. He was wearing a white towel around his waist and I see his 'tyler' tattoo below his knee.
"You and Tyler must be great friends from the tattoos saying each other's names." I say.

Josh goes back upstairs to get dressed into his old clothes and I sit on the couch. I think, well now that I'm up I might as well stay up, so I do so. Walking to the kitchen, I pick up Josh's sweater that he wore yesterday and put it on. I mean, you can all relate right? I pull out a bowl and milk, with my waffle crisp in the cupboard, along with a spoon and made breakfast, a well-needed food source. Josh comes downstairs, and sits on the same chair he was at before he had is shower. He was wearing his skinny black jeans but was shirtless. Again.
"Josh where's your shirt?" I asked taking a munch of my waffle crisp.
"I should be asking if you had any more of your waffle crisp." He says staring at my bowl.
"There's bowls and waffle crisp in the cupboard and in the fridge there is some milk, and in the top right drawer is spoons, forks, and knives." I say taking another bite off my spoon.
"My shirt smells really bad that's why I'm not wearing it, but where's my Nike sweater?" He says, expecting an answer.
"It's on you. Can I please have it back?" He asks.
"Naw." I say taking another spoonful of my cereal.
"Pleze." He asks again.
"Naw." I repeat. He ends up getting out of his seat, coming into the kitchen and starts to tickle me. I collapse in a pile of laughter, as I lay down on the floor.
"Fine! You can have your sweater!"  I say between laughs.
"Great." He says smiling at me.

Time skip three hours- brought to you by Patrick's nickname 'Stumpy'...

After watching about two hours of (y/f/programme), and Josh scrolling through his Instagram, we start planning the day, as Josh needs to go get some new clothes on, and I need to talk to my brother, Ben about the funeral times. He came back from a 6-week trip in New Zealand yesterday, and he is planning the funeral so I need to call him. I get out my iPhone, and press the phone icon on the glass screen. I dial his mobile, and it starts to ring.
"Hey sis! How are you?" He says in a coo voice.
"Yeah I'm good Ben. How was your trip?" I ask.
"It was great. I got to do three interviews including the Prime Minister, Bill English and Ritchie McCaw!" He says excitedly.

"I saw the picture of you and Josh Dun on Instagram, and the caption 'with my good fren at Taco Bell'... could you explain?" He continues.
"You can ask Josh yourself Ben!" I say putting my phone on speaker.
"Hi Josh!" He says.
"You must be (y/n)'s brother! Hi!" He says back.
"Okay so Ben has a question for you," I start.
"I saw your latest Instagram post and I liked it of course, but could you explain how you two are friends?" He starts. I sigh.
"Ben, he's my good friend." I say. He sighs, and I continue. "It was announced ages ago!We have known each other for nearly a month now!" I finish.
"Well then... I'm excited to meet the one and only Josh Dun later today. The funeral starts at 12:30." Ben says.
"And... Willow and her fiancée are coming too. Sisters need each other, even if she lives in Perth. I talked to her and she is meant to be landing now so I got to finish driving." He says.
"Okay bro, see you soon."
"See you!" He says before hanging up.

"I did not expect your brother to ask me that..." Josh said awkwardly.
"Yeah well, this is the first time in 2 years we have spoken. He just doesn't like me having boyfriends, but he can't control me. He acts like he does, with mum dead and dad... I don't know, but he can't. And with him acting like this is just normal. Don't take it personally." I say.
"Oh okay." He says. "I should go get my suit then. My charcoal one or my black one?" He says.
"You choose. But I'm going to be wearing black, and I think you should wear something similar." I say.
"Okay I'll be back soon." He said leaving the house.

Chapter Thirteen

He shut the door behind him, and I heard his car start and drive off. I sigh and think to myself, I should get ready too. So I go upstairs, to my bedroom and see my wardrobe. Opening it, the smell of new converse and cotton welcomes me. I walk over to my evening clothes, I see my blue jumpsuit with a white purse hanging on a coat hanger along with my short black dress that I'm going to wear with opaque black stockings and ankle boots, with my black rose studs, my rose gold Alien CLIØUE necklace, and I grab my dress & stockings to get dressed. I will get my thick black coat later when we have to leave.

Ejusting my dress, I hear a knock at the door.
"It's open!" I say from my bedroom door and continue adding my makeup. I go downstairs and see that it was Ben. He has the tips of his hair a blonde, and he is wearing a black suit, with a white shirt and black tie, and rose gold cross cufflinks, with Italian shoes and a smile.
"How's it going, princess?" He says and I rush up to him, giving him a bone crushing hug.
"God, did I miss you!" I say, muffled as my mouth was on his shoulder.
"I missed you too! So you have a boyfriend now?" He says looking at me.
"Yeah. He will be here soon. Just at home getting ready. Sit down! Tell me about the amazing New Zealand!" I say as he walks to the counter and goes and sits next to Josh's seat.

"It was great! You know how we call kiwi's kiwi's? Well, there they call them kiwifruit because there is a flightless bird called a Kiwi that's extremely endangered, and only breeds in New Zealand, and I got to hold one!" He says. I hear a knock at the door,
"I'll go get it. It's probably Josh." I say as I walk to the front door. I open it and see his blazing yellow hair with a black suit, light grey button down shirt and black tie, with the Skeleton & Alien CLIØUE cufflinks, and dressy black shoes instead of converse.
"Hi Josh!" I say giving him a hug.
"Ben! This is my boyfriend, Josh!" I say as he walks over and gives him a handshake then a fist pump.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Ben says.
"You too!" Josh says cheerfully.

"We are going to go to the church in 20 minutes, to dress mum, and put her to rest." Ben says.
"Okay, I chose out a beautiful dress the other day after I went to Starbucks. I think it would look stunning on her." I say.
"Let's see it!" Ben says. I smile as I run upstairs, and I stop as I hear them murmuring downstairs. I can't catch what they are saying so I just ignore it. I go to my wardrobe and see the black dress, and pick up the hanger it was on and go back downstairs.
"This was what I was thinking." I say giving the dress to Ben, and go stand next to Josh.
"It is stunning. Let's get her to wear this." Ben says and hands it back to me. I hand it to Josh and he nods.
"I've got her shoes as well, jewellery and makeup too." I say.
"Okay. Well, let's all get that together and go to the church." Ben says.
"Come on Josh, let's get the stuff." I say as I grab his hand and drag him upstairs.

"Okay, what were you and Ben murmuring downstairs?" I say sounding a bit annoyed.
"Well, about how if I hurt you he will slit my throat." He says. I can't help but feel happy.
"I think he likes you." I say to Josh and plant a kiss on his cheek.
"You think so?" He says. I get both of his hands and hold them.
"I know so." I say. He smiles, and kisses my head .
"You are so supportive." He says and I drag him to the closet.
"Where is it..." he says looking around on my jewellery hooks.
"It is a jade and greenstone pendant with a gold chain." I say, looking for her white coat.
"And what earrings?" He says.
"The jade and greenstone hanging ones with gold needles,  or the studs. You choose." I say finding the white coat.

"You look really nice." He says.
"You do too. Hang on..." I say picking up his arm and folding his sleeve for his shirt onto his suit jacket.
"Now you look nice." I say looking at him.
"You are acting very happy on your mom's funeral. It's meant to be a sad time." He says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"It's more of a celebration of her life." I say putting my chin on his shoulder.
"We should head back down stairs, or your brother will be thinking something weird is going on up here." Josh laughs.
"Yeah come on." I say as I go downstairs with my coat and mom's one too. Josh is putting her earrings into his suit jacket pocket so he doesn't lose them.
"Hey, Josh? I just got a phone call from The Prodigy saying that they can't preform. Could you preform for us?" Ben says.
"I will be happy to, just let me call Tyler." Josh says as he pulls out his phone. The phone started to ring.
"Hi Tyler, I have a question. The Prodigy bailed and (y/n)'s brother would like us to preform... yes... okay... does the church include a piano and drum Kit?" Josh asks. Ben nods his head.
"Yes it does... okay... see you soon mate. It's confirmed. We are going to be preforming Truce and Can't Help Falling In Love."  Josh says.
"Okay. We will meet you there, I need to go pick up Willow from her house." Ben says kissing me on the cheek and leaving.

"Get your shoes on. We should catch up to your bro." Josh says.
"Right." I say grabbing my black purse and buckled my ankle boots. "I'm so glad I have this house." I say.
"If it's yours why do you have some of your mom's stuff here?" He asks.
"Oh mom, she liked to keep stuff of hers here in case. That dress and coat and shoes and everything is new that I bought the other day." I explain. He nods and opens the front door, signalling me to go outside. I accept it, and walk to the car as Josh shut the door behind me. My black ankle boots were clumping against the concrete pavement to the car and Josh's Italian shoes were following behind me. I hear a click of his car unlocking and open the door to sit on the leather seats. I completely forgot to text Kate about us being 'official'! I get out my phone and call her, putting it on speaker.
"Hey (y/n)! I'm on my way to the funeral now if you were wondering." She says.
"Yeah okay. Um... remember on how you wanted to make this 'official'?" I start.
"YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS?" She continues.
"Me and Josh are official." I say and I hear a loud scream behind the phone.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! MY BEST FRIENDS BOYFRIEND IS JOSH DUN!" She screamed. It makes me cringe so hard, but I can't help but crack a smile.
"Now I have to tell Tyler too." Josh says.
"OML am I on speaker?" Kate says.
"Yes you are." I say. I hear her cuss under her breath and I see Josh about to crack up.
"Don't worry. You will get to meet me in 30." Josh says assuringly.

"Cool!" Kate says.
"Well, we've got a phone call with Tyler to make so can we chat at the funeral?" I ask.
"Yeah sure (first letter of your first name). See you soon." Kate says.
"See you soon, K." And I hang up. I hear Josh's phone ring and I immediately hear Tyler's voice.
"Yeah dude... okay... oh come on hurry up Jenna!... yep it's official... uh huh... ok see you soon mate." Josh says before hanging up.
"So I'm guessing Tyler's just waiting on Jenna again." I laugh. Josh laughs too.
"Good old Jenna, always being late" Josh says as we drive past the shops in the suburb.
"I have invited everyone to a dinner at Soljians, there after the funeral." I point out.
"That's a good idea." Josh says as I see a roadsign saying Cemetery, 200 meters. I immediately feel a slap of anxiety hit my stomach. I see Ben's Audi pull into the cemetery's church parking lot, and I see a black long car with blacked-out windows. Oh god.

I step out of the car, and I see my Auntie Julie, Uncle Robert, and my cousins Sara, Rebecca, Adam & Heather, along with my grandparents, my nephew and niece Johnny and Jeanine. They are all in black, with tears in there eyes as I run to my sister.
"Oh Willow I haven't seen you for ages!" I say as I see a man next to her.
"(y/n), this is my fiancée, Derek! Derek meet my sister, (y/n)!" Willow says as we shake hands. I see Josh come from behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Willow, this is my boyfriend, Josh Dun." I say and Willow just covers her mouth and her eyebrows are high.
"The Josh Dun?" She says.
"Yes, the Josh Dun." I say as Josh puts out his hand for her to shake.
"It's so nice to meet you." Josh says politely.
"It was so tragic what happened to mom. I'm going to speak with Derek, you and Josh should speak too!" Willow says holding my hand.
"I'm happy to speak. I knew (y/m/n) very well. We were friends." Josh says with his hand on my shoulder. I put my hand on his.
"I really like your dress Willow! It's really nice!" I say.

Her dress is a pitch black, body-hugging, knee-high, v-neck dress. Her hair had a streak of red, and I see some ink on her arms.
"What does it say on your arms?" I ask.
"(y/n), Benjamin, (y/surname)." She says. I smile.
"I have got mom's outfit in the car, do you want to help me?" I ask.
"Yes." Willow says. As we walk back to the car. I walk past the car next to ours and try and peek through the blacked out windows. I caught a glimpse of a birch wood coffin.
"Willow, Derek, would you like to get mom?" I ask. Ben has gone somewhere I don't know.
"Yep, you get the makeup and clothes." Willow says as she opens the trunk of the car. There revealed the box that had my mom's stiff body inside. I felt someone start hugging me. I turned around and saw Josh's suit. I hugged back as I see my grandfather and uncle replace Willow, with Josh releasing me of his embrace and getting the last corner of the coffin. I start sobbing, my mascara running down my cheeks. Let's put mom to rest.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if so, leave a vote and a comment. I love hearing your positive thoughts, it just makes my day. And share this story with your frens! I love different people reading my book, and my other ones too. Until next time!

- Jules

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 454 32
you were so suicidal, and you never seen any light in your light, right after your boyfriend broke up with you, your awful routine didn't change even...
40K 883 42
"Life Has Twist And Turns Some People will make you fall in love if they Hurt You It's not the end of the line Just Know endings are always Happy end...
13.7K 780 25
Life is normal until you're 18. That's when everything stops. You stop. You're stuck being 18 until you find your other half. Your soulmate. You can...
7.6K 35 15
i write for jj, rafe and pope! if you have any requests feel free to message me, enjoy my tumblr: ruewrote