I'm the Girl He Never Noticed...

By pll4life99

Dominic Toretto. The bad boy in school. Also known as the player. Can have any girl he wants. Letty. Known as... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
IDEAS!!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N
On Hold
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N

Chapter 2

9.1K 353 24
By pll4life99

After school, I walked to my sister's school and picked her up. On our way home, I bought her favorite ice cream.

I'm dreading going home because of my dad. He's probably going to be drunk, and end up throwing things again. I hate being around him.

Once we arrive home, we walk through the door to hear a crashing sound coming from the kitchen.

"Avery, why don't you go to my room. I will be there in a minute." I say, before she took off in the direction of the bedroom.

I slowly make my way to the kitchen, scared of what's going to happen or what I am going to see.

My dad came into view. He's currently picking up pieces of a plate that's scattered on the floor. I slowly back away, preparing to walk to my bedroom.

"Leticia." My dad calls, using my full name.

He knows I hate that name, and that's why he calls me by it. Mentally preparing myself, I slowly walk in the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Clean this up." He slurrs, staggering toward me.

I quickly walk around him, making sure he makes his way toward the living room. Once he's out of sight, I clean the mess up off the ground. When I'm done, I look in the living room to see my dad is passed out on the couch.

He will be out the whole night. He always is. I walk to my bedroom to see Avery is laying down on my bed.

"Is dad mad?"

"No, he's not." I say, laying beside her. "He's asleep now. You don't have to worry."

I pull her into me, hugging her close. I kiss her on the forehead, slowly resting my eyes.

"Letty...Letty, wake up."

I slowly wake up to the sound of my little sister's voice.

"Something wrong?"

"I had a nightmare."

"It's going to be okay." I tell her, covering her up with the blanket.

It was eight at night. The race starts at eleven. I wait until Avery falls asleep, before I start to get ready for tonight.

I decide to not wear the clothes I normally wear to the races. I put on a pair of loose pants, a grey hoodie, and a pair of black shoes that aren't necessarily for girls to wear but I don't care.

I put my hair in a tight bun, and then put a hat on. When I look in the mirror, I see that my hair doesn't even look like I have girl hair or even a girl for that matter. Shrugging my shoulders, I climb out the window and head that way.

The streets are dead. The only sound I can hear is my footsteps hitting the pavement road. The road that is all so familiar to me. I walked it so many times before to get to my car.

Once I get to my car, I drive to the race. There are cars lined up diagonally on either side of the road. It's always like this. Most of them just come to show off their cars, but never race.

I back my car in an empty spot, and then put my glasses on so no one will notice me. I get out of my car and hand the money to the guy.

I look around, instantly seeing Dom. He's leaning against his car, talking to Brian, one of the guys that go to my school. He's a pretty good racer, but not as good as Dom. No one here has ever beat Dom in a race.

I lean against my car, and look around. I glance at Dom to see him and Brian looking my way.

"The race is about to begin in three minutes. Racers get ready!"

I quickly get in my car, and drive up to the white line. To my right, Brian pulls up next to me. He looks over at me and smiles.

The black charger I know all to well, pulls up right beside me. I had no idea he was racing tonight.

Dom looks over at me and smiled. When he rolls his window down, I do the same.

"Plymouth...nice car."

"It's even nicer when you see the back of it." I shoot back, smiling.

He chuckles, looking at the road and then back at me.

"My car has never seen a set of taillights before."

"Well, that's because you never raced me."

"Alright, let's see what you got."

I roll my window back up and look at the road. I can feel Dom watching me from the corner of my eye. I push my glasses further up my nose, and rev my engine. Everyone gathers around ready for the race.

It's Dom, Brian, another guy, and me who is racing.

The woman that normally starts the races, holds the flags in the air, swinging them. My hands tighten on the wheel, getting ready.

I have been waiting to race Dom since forever, but I didn't expect to race him any time soon. I'm not even sure if I'm ready to beat him. But I'm not going to let  those thoughts keep me from trying.

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion as I watch the flags go down toward the ground. I'm about to race Dominic Toretto. The guy who always win the race. I'm hoping that will change.

As soon as the flags touch the ground,  my foot steps on the gas, spinning the wheels of my car.

Dom is in front, while me and Brian are side by side. The other guy is behind us.

This is it right here. To prove to myself that I can beat Dom. I can win this race. No one has ever beat him in a race. I've watched all of his races since I started coming here, two years ago. I want to change that tonight.

Shifting gears, I pass Brian a little, and then swerve in front of him, right behind Dom. I try to get beside Dom, but there are too many cars in the way, so I get in the opposite lane to oncoming traffic.

I swiftly dodge them, catching up to Dom with Brian behind me. I turn a corner sharp, cutting Brian off when he tried to pass me. The finish line is two right turns and a left turn away.

Sliding around the corner, my car comes head to head with Dom's. I glance over to see Dom already looking at me.

As he stares at me, he has a confused look on his face before looking back at the road. We both slide around the second right turn at the same time. I look in my rearview mirror to see that the other guy had wiped out next to a parked car.

It was just me, Brian, and Dom in the race now. Brian comes up right next to me, making me in the middle of them. I know what they are doing.

They are going to try and make me miss my turn. We came up to the last turn, but I already have a plan. They are both smiling, thinking they have me.

As soon as we come up to the left turn, I hit the brakes, slowing down, and then getting on Brian's left side, making him in the middle.

We all three turn the corner, but Brian slows down because he is in a tight spot. Dom and I head straight for the white line, head to head.

Shifting gears, I speed my car up and then swerve in front of Dom catching him off guard, causing him to slow down a little.

As soon as I'm close to the white line, I hit the nos button, pushing my back into the seat. My car passes the line in first, and then Dom behind me with Brian following.

I slide my car to a stop as everyone gathers around. Adrenaline rushes throughout my body as I take in on what just happened.

I Letty Ortiz, beat Dominic Toretto in the race.

Everyone surrounded my car, cheering me on. I get out, slapping hands with random people. I earn a few slaps to the shoulder as I walk by people.

I look in the crowd to see Dom with his arms crossed, watching me intently. I push my glasses up further, and then walk toward Dom.

"That was a good race, man." Dom says, holding his hand out for me to take so I shake it.

Did he just call me man?

Brian walked up smiling.

"Dude, that was a good race! Not a single guy has won a race with Dom, but you did."

What's with the guy crap? Wait....They think I'm a guy?

"I'm...Matt." I hesitate, using a deeper voice.

I got to admit, it did sound like a guys voice.

"I'm Dom. This here is Brian."

"Nice to meet you. There's a party going on at Dom's. You in?"

Is that really a good idea? Can I pull off being a dude? What happens when I take my glasses off? Will they know I'm a girl?

"Umm sure, man. I just have to stop by my place first."

They told me the address and then I headed off to the store. I looked around for a black guy wig.

It's a long shot, but I want to hang out with Dom. If I'm Letty, he will just push me around.

When I buy the wig, the guy at the counter looks at me weird.

"Its for my dad... He's losing his hair."

I quickly walked out of the store, and slipped into my car. Once I have the wig on, I look in the mirror. To my surprise I actually pass as a guy.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad but for now it's a good thing.

I put the car in gear, and head toward 1327. I just hope this goes smoothly.

That was a long Chapter! Woohoo! Lol. I hope you enjoyed It! Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!! Can Letty pull off being a guy around Dom? Or will he catch on? Next chapter will be the party!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 399 19
Julianna 'Jules' Toretto the older sister to Mia and the youngest to Dom. She's a feisty and strategic racer who learned the best from her brother an...
398K 9K 29
Growing up in a face-paced life, Rosalie idolizes her brother and wants to be just like him, even if that means learning to become a street racer. I...
53.7K 1.1K 34
It has been a year since the events of the first F&F-movie happened, and since all of her friends have gone into hiding outside the country, Mia is l...
321K 7.3K 29
❝Be Fearless, Not Fearful❞ | Dominic Toretto and his family are willing to do anything to find out what happened to the youngest member of their crew...