Chapter 4

I was a little nervous that Dom might be there when we show up. What will happen if he is? Will he say anything to me? Will he yell at Mia for bringing me there? I don't want them to fight because of me. 

The car ride over there is dead silent. Avery was asleep in the back, cuddling with her stuffed animal. Luckily Mia still had her booster seat from when she was Avery's age. 

"Mia?" 

"Yeah." Mia looks at me and smiles, before looking back at the road.

"Is Dom going to be there?" I hesitantly ask.

"No. He's out with Vince and Leon for today. He won't be back until late." she starts. "I'm sorry about the way Dom has been treating you. I don't understand why he does. He has never treated anyone like that before."

Instead of replying, I look out the window, slipping into a daze. A part of me is glad that Dom isn't going to be there. But then the other part of me wishes that he was going to be there. 

"Letty, we're here." Mia says, turning the car off.

Dom's car isn't in the driveway. I mentally sigh. I get out of the car, and then grab Avery. She rests her head on my shoulder, still asleep. Once we are inside, Mia tells me I can just lay her on the couch. I lay a blanket over her that was folded on the couch, and then follow Mia to her room.

Her room is a little bigger than mine. I can tell she's a tomboy, and not a girly girl. She has muscle cars hanging on her walls. Her bed is to the right of the room in the corner. Her closet to the left of the room, with her dresser beside it. Her bathroom is connected to her room, and it looks to be connecting to another room.

She has a small desk at the bottom left corner of her room, and her walls are blue. It was nice.

"I like your bedroom." I say, looking around.

"Thank you. Dom did the walls. It didn't use to look like this." She sits on her bed.

I sit down beside her, looking at all the muscle cars on the wall. The one that sticks out is the car that I drive. 

"You like cars?" she asks, noticing I was looking at them.

"A little. My favorite is the Python." 

I couldn't tell her they were my life because then she would ask if I race.

"It's a nice car."

I smile.

"Yeah it is." I cleared my throat. "Can I ask you something?" I look over at her.

"Absolutely."

"Why all of this? Why are you being nice to me?"

"I don't know. I just felt this connection. Like we had a lot in common."

I nodded my head, before getting up off the bed. I walk over to a picture of Mia, Dom, and Brian together. Mia is in the middle. I can tell she was happy.

"Nice picture." Mia stands beside me and smiles.

"It was my birthday. I couldn't of been more happier that day."

"Because of Brian?"

"What?"

Oh shit. I was Matt when I figured that out.

"Um..You two look like ya'll are meant to be together." I try not to make eye contact with her.

"You think so?" she smiles.

"Absolutely. Anyone can see that."

"Try telling that to Dom." she sighs, and sits back on her bed.

"Dom doesn't approve?" 

"More like he doesn't know. I mean how do you tell your brother that you're in love with their best friend."

"You love him." I smile.

"Yeah.. I do. I never realized that until now. How do I tell Dom? How will he react?" she looks panicked.

"Mia, it will be okay. Dom should be happy that you found someone that makes you happy. And that it's someone he trusts." I say, sitting beside her.

"You're right. He should be happy. I feel better. Thank you, Letty." she smiles, looking me over. "So how do you feel about a makeover?"

What? Did she just say make over?

"I'm sorry?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Come on! It will be fun! I promise." She stands up, and pulls me up by my arms, not giving me a choice.

This should be interesting.

Mia pulls out a tight white tank top with blue jean shorts. If you can even call them that. I wear clothes like that but not that tight and revealing.

"No way. I am not putting that on." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Letty, just do it." She shoves me toward the bathroom.

"Fine. Just this one time, and I mean it." she squeals, causing me to laugh.

I close the door behind me, and lock it. I lock the other door that connects to a different room. I take off my baggy clothes, and then slip on the tank and shorts. I look in her body mirror to see a different person staring back at me. But it's not a bad thing. I hate to admit it, but I actually like what I'm wearing. 

The tank top hugs my curves perfectly, and shows a little bit of my chest. The shorts do the same, and you can tell that my butt is not small anymore compare to when I wear baggy pants. I smile liking the way it looks.

"Letty, come on. It doesn't take a year to put it on. Now get out here so I can see what it looks like." Mia yells, tapping on the door.

Laughing at her excitement, I open the door and come out. Mia looks me over before smiling.

"Dang, Letty. You look hot." she smiles, before looking at my hair. "Just one more thing."

She pulls the ponytail out of my hair, and let my black curls cascade down my back.

"Perfect." She pulls me over to her mirror. "What do you think?"

I look in the mirror to see she was right. I smile.

"I love it." I smile.

"I knew it!" she jumps up in down in victory.

--------

Mia and I are laying on her bed watching Guardians of the Galaxy. My favorite character is Groot. He is so cute. Avery is in the middle of us, passed out. She had woken up earlier, and came in here and passed out again. I could tell Mia loved her.

"Do you mind if I grab something to drink?" I ask Mia,  a little above a whisper.

"Not at all. Make yourself at home." She smiles before looking back at the T.V.

I get up off the bed and make my way to the kitchen. I open the fridge and bend over to grab a water. Once I get one, I close the door, and then turn around to run into something hard. I look up to see it was Dom.

Fuck.

CLIFFHANGER! Don't you just love me. Lol. I decided to update again! Hopefully it makes up for the long wait for the other Chapter. I hope you love this chapter!! Please Don't forget to vote and Comment! I love feedback! Next chapter will have a little Dotty moment!