After All This Time

By Stormy_Mountains

Jamie Fairchild 18 years old, shadowhunter since age 10 is better known as Elizabeth Lovelace. Leaving the wo... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note + Sequel Title Contest

Chapter 3

7.8K 172 8
By Stormy_Mountains

Ellie's POV

I burst out of the back door where Clary went and see the cab she got into already driving away.

"Shit!" I say and run a hand through my hair. "Clary!" I whisper under my breath. I look around and see a lot of people around so I walk down to a empty alley way. When I find one I look around again and pull my stele out drawing the rune for a portal. When I see the purple portal appear in front of me on the wall I am just about to walk through when I my phone vibrates, Ryan. I ignore the text because I can't deal with him right now and step through the portal thinking of the hallway outside my apartment. I walk into the hallway in front of my apartment door because mom and Clary don't know I can do this. I reach for the handle and walk in to see mom and Clary. Gezz that cab was fast even though we don't live far from it but still.

"Clary relax!" Mom says trying to calm Clary down.

"Relax mom I think Me and Jamie killed people!"Clary says freaking out.

"They weren't someone more like a something." I say and Clary's head wips around to face me.

"What are you talking about? Something? JAMIE YOU KILLED THREE PEOPLE!!" She says yelling at me.

"NO CLARY! I DIDN'T! THOSE WEREN'T PEOPLE I ALREADY TOLD YOU THIS! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME WHEN IM TELLING THE TRUTH! They weren't people Clary." I say yelling back. I look to mom "you need to tell her or I will!" I say and sit down on the love seat. Mom sighs and looks down.

"Tell me what? What is going on?!" Clary asks.

"What did the markings on the blond boy look like?" Mom asks and I roll my eyes.

"Who cares mom okay? Are you even listened to me?! I think we killed people" Clary says paseing.

"Clary... did they look like this?" Mom says pulling up her sleeve and running the style over the angelic rune.

"Mom what the...?" Clary says looking freaked out.

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation. And I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the moment you were born." Mom starts.

"What is going on?" Clary asks. "Am I going insane?"

"No your not! But the protections are wearing off. Your 18 now and you need to know the truth." Mom continues.

"Protections? What does that even mean? Mom, your scaring the hell out of me." Clary says freaking out.

"I know and that's why I left it till the last minute" mom starts but gets cut off by Dot, moms assistant and warlock in residence.

"Jocelyn! Look outside! Their here. Magnus called to warn us. They found you!" she says and runs to the bathroom.

"Dot it's time!" Mom says looking out of the window "okay listen to me, neither of you can be near me right now."

"What's happening?" Clary asks.

"I made a very powerful person angry." Mom says heading the the book case.

"What did you do?" I ask not knowing the full truth.

"I hid something from him and his followers." Mom says.

"Followers? Mom why can't we just call the police?" She asks.

"The police man you need to call is Luke." She turns Clary around and puts a necklace around her neck. "Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it." Mom says.

"Mom this is not the time for more birthday gifts! What the hell is happening?" Clary says yelling at mom.

"Only if you need it." Dot says and hands mom a potion bottle with green liquid inside it.

"Trust you instincts. Your more powerful than you know" mom says to Clary, than turns to me "both of you are!"

"Mom I need to understand what's going on!" Clary says.

"Dot! Now!" Mom says to Dot. I watch Dot put her hand up and blue sparks escape from her fingers opening a portal. I watch in awe when I see the purple portal appear in the standing mirror. I may be able to make one as well but it's still really cool to see it happen from an actual warlock and not my stele.

"Everything I've done I've done for you too. Every mistake I've made was because I love both of you more than anything, even if you didn't come here till you were 11." Mom says "Elizabeth." She whispers my name.

"What are you doing mom!" I say starting to freak out.

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you." Mom says.

"Hide us! From who?" Clary asks.

"The circle. He's the only one you can trust" mom says with her voice braking. "Trust no one else."

"Mom" I say weakly and my voice brakes, it's like the accident all over again, I'm losing my mother all over again.

"Hey it's going to be okay. You'll see me again I promise" mom says holding my face.

"D-don't make p-promises you don't know if you c-can keep... please." I say with my voice breaking completely. She looks at me with sad eyes and kisses my forehead. I let the tears fall.

"Mom don't leave me please." I hug her tight, she hugs back then pulls away quickly.

"Mom I don't-" Clary says.

"Where's Luke now?" She asks Clary and places my hand in hers.

"The police station." She says scared.

"Remember I love you both" and with those last words from mom we went through the portal far away from her and to Luke.

Once we are through the portal we land at the front door of the police station. Captain Varegs walks up the stairs.

"Clary? Jamie?" Captain Varges says.

"Captain Varges." I say putting up my walls again hiding all traces that I've been crying.

"Its 2 in the morning what are you two doing here so late?" She asks

"Uh, um" Clary tries but couldn't figure out anything to say.

"Uh, Luke said he'd give us a ride home if he was still here." I says thinking on my feet.

"Still doesn't trust those cabbies hun?" We shake our heads going with it "well he's in a meeting, may be awhile."

"It's fine we'll wait in the cafeteria" I say and start walking to the caff pulling Clary.

"Um, Jamie? Is everything alright? Some kind of problem? Guy trouble? Either of you?" She asks, she doesn't know about me and Ryan, we never got to that stage. I nod and I let go of Clary,

'You have no idea'. I say on my head thinking of Alec and Jace being back in my life, plus my boyfriend.

"Uh, Yah, boy troubles. It's fine though" I say and she nods and walks out of the station. My phone rings again, I look at the caller id and see 'Ry'! I ignore the call and let out a sigh turning around to see Clary listening to Luke's meeting, I turn on my hearing rune and listen from where I am at the elevators.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive you were easy to track" a man said.

"Fairchild?" I hear Clary whisper.

"Turns out you and Jocelyn were never that far apart. The circle has her now. It's just a matter of time until we catch the daughters." The man continues.

"You can have them all if you give up the mortal cup." A women says this time. Luke sighs.

"I don't care about any of them. They mean nothing to me. Kill them all if you want My people want the cup. Why do you think I've been hanging around here all these years? Now when I find the cup... I'm gonna keep it. And you can tell valentine and the circle that." Luke says. Oh Luke.

"Nobody said Valentine." The woman said again.

"You didn't have to." Luke says.

"Listen to me!" The man tries.

"No you listen to me. Get out of my office" Luke finishes the meeting.

I deactivate my runs and see Clary sink down onto the steps. I walk over to her and give her a hug.

"Mom... Jamie mom..." Clary says breathing heavily.

"No Clary we aren't suppose to go back." I whisper to her.

"Jamie we can't leave her, she could be dead." Clary whispers back. I sigh and we get up running out of the station and home through the rain.

We make it to the front door of our apartment, Clary runs past the pile of blood that is being rushed away by water but I stop. No, someone's hurt.

"MOM!!!" I hear Clary scream. Not a she's dead scream but a calling out scream. I continue looking at the blood trying to figure out who's it was. When I don't hear her screaming anymore I start to worry, then a crack of thunder rumbles and I jump. I gasp and turn to run inside. Once inside I don't see Clary.

"No,no,no. You were suppose to watch her Elizabeth!" I say to my self under my breath. I run upstairs hoping she's there. At the top of the stairs I see the door is open, I pull out my seraph blade and continue inside.

"I can't think someone kidnaped my mother!" I hear Clary say. I walk in quietly.

"You know more than you think you do Clary Fray!" A demon in the shape of Dot says. I watch the tentacles jump out of her mouth and dig into Clary. I run up to the demon and push her off Clary. As I push it off one of its teeth drags down my arm.

"Shit!" I say loudly in pain. I continue to fight it but I knocks my blade out of my hand. "Seriously!" I says sarcastically. I start fighting it without my blade but I'm losing. I head I thud on the floor and see Clary out cold. "Mother fu-... Okay  you are seriously getting on my nerves" I say to the demon, but it ignores me and pushes me against a wall, I let out a grunt of pain. I see gold start to shine in the demons chest and it screams in pain disappearing to show none other than Alec Lightwood standing in front of me. My eyes roll to the back of my head and my legs give out but I don't feel myself hit the ground.

"Hang on" I hear Alec say, "I got you" and with that everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 8K 55
Bexley Raziel bloodborn's life wasn't normal. It was anything but mundane. She was a ShadowHunter. And even for a shadowHunter, Bexley's and her fr...
158K 3.4K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...
1.4K 62 7
Taylor Fray. Clary's fifteen year old sister. The day of her older sister turns eighteen, her whole life turns upside down. Her mother disappears and...
139K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...