Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

Me and Simon are sitting outside Java Jones waiting for Clary to get back from her interview for Brooklyn academy of arts.

"So when are you going to tell her Simon?" I ask him.

"Uh, never! Are you kidding, we've been friends since we were little, it would be to weird" he says and I frown.

"Exactly you've been friends since you were little, there is no one who knows her better, well I mean other than me but I'm her sister so that's a no." I say and we laugh. In walks someone I recognize, I smile. "Ryan!" I yell and wave my boyfriend over.

"Hey babe." He says kissing me before sitting down.

"You made it." I smile at him.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss Clary's big addition day." He smiles at me then looks over to Simon. "Simon my brother!"

"My brother!" Simon says and fist pumps Ryan. "Still treating my sister well?" He asks.

"Si." I say.

"What its a good question to ask considering I'm you designated brother since you don't have one." He smiles at me and I smile back.

"Fine. And Ryan is treating me fine." I say kissing Ryan on the cheek and interlocking our fingers. Out of the corner of my eye I see red hair walk through the door. "Clary!" I call her smiling but my smile fades as soon as I see her frowning. Simon and Ryan notice and they jump up before saying.

"Give us the names of the professors" Ryan starts.

"and I will end them" simon says finishing, I give them a look and he adds. "You know with a well written letter to the dean, sorry Jamie." I smile.

"Don't bother" Clary says throwing a letter on the table and sitting beside Simon. I open it and smile handing it to Simon who then hands it to Ryan.

"Clary I'm so proud of you!" I say and hug my sister.

"The sad face, good cover" Simon says and hugs her "congrats!"

"Way to go fray!" Ryan says giving her a high five.

"Thanks guys!" Clary says and the waitress comes by with Clary's order, we come here so often they know us by name. "Thank you". She says the the waitress. Clary picks up her biscotti and is about to eat it when Simon starts talking to her and she puts it down on her sketch pad, I watch it blend into the page.

'Oh no' I think 'it's starting' Clary was staring at the biscotti 'drawing'.

"That's a latte" Simon says when he sees Clary staring.

"But I could have sworn I had a biscotti" she says.

"Maybe you eat it really fast and you didn't know it, that happens to me all the time" Ryan says.

"Here I'll replace your mythical biscotti with a real one" Simon says and gives Clary the biscotti, I smirk at him and he ignores me. This kid is so in love.

**

We walk into our apartment.

"Mom, were home!" I yell.

"Hey congrats sweetheart!" Jocelyn, my adopted mother says hugging Clary. I roll my eyes, she must follow Simon on Twitter.

"You follow Simon don't you." Clary says rolling her eyes also.