Chapter 39

Elizabeth's POV

I change into some dark ripped jeans and black tank top. With one of my longer black jackets, along with my black heel boots. Looking at myself in the mirror I let out a sigh and make my way quickly to the briefing room where Magnus, Jace, and Clary are. Once I arrive Magnus speaks.

"Why is Ragnor Fell up there? He is not more powerful than I." He says offended that his friend is on that screen.

"Oh Magnus, you think to highly of yourself. Ragnor is just as capable of casting powerful spells as you are." I say walking up to him. "However you may be more powerful, Ragnor has enough power to do the same." smiling at him I sit on the desk beside him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Elizabeth, my dear, you would know all about Ragnor's powers wouldn't you." He smirks and I slap him on the shoulder a little. 

"Shut up." I say to him and look to Jace who looks disturbed. "Relax JC, Ragnor only helped create a few spells for me when I was growing up. I was close with both him and Magnus." 

"Nothing more than a close friendship, am I right muffin." He says looking up at me.

"Of course Mag, plus he's not my type, to old." I joke and Magnus laughs but Jace still looks disgusted. I ignore him and continue the meeting. "Well we should probably continue the meeting, considering there is a certain someone me and Magnus would both like to avoid." As I finish my sentence I remember a story Ragnor use to tell me. "Wait Magnus, didn't Ragnor tell us a story about how he was a professor in the early 90s at the Shadowhunter Academy in Idris?" I ask Magnus. 

"That was around the time that Mom was there wasn't it?" Clary asks.

"The little bugger. That's why he hasn't responded to my fire messages. Ever since Valentine has began hunting warlocks, Ragnor's been holed up in his secret country house just outside of London." Magnus explains.

"For all we know Ragnor suspected your fire message was a ploy by Valentine to lure him out of hiding." I but in. "We have to confront him face to face." I get off the table and start walking to the weapons room.

"No, my dear. We are not doing anything you are staying here and Jace, Clary and I are going to talk to him face to face." Magnus says grabbing my arm and stops me.

"Magnus, please don't bench me on this. You know I don't want to be here with everything going on. I want to come with, I'll be helpful in the mission. Plus, I haven't seen Ragnor in years, I miss him." I say upset that Magnus is telling me I can't go.

"No Elizabeth, you are staying here and that is it. I know you miss Ragnor, but I don't want to go though the possibility of you getting hurt again like last time. Please, just stay here." He says serious. I look at him then Jace before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Fine. I'll stay here but I need to know everything when you three get back. Deal?" I say looking at them.

"Deal!" They all say at the same time.

"Your going on this mission." Hodge asks a little late. I look at him confused, was he not listening to any of this conversation.

"Of course." Magnus states thinking the same thing and stands up. "Elizabeth and I are the only people Ragnor trusts. Besides, I've played me last hand, even I know when to fold." I know he is talking about me and Alec, which is another reason I don't understand why I can't come on the mission. I smile at Mag and turn to the exit but come face to face with Alec and Lydia.

"Magnus, Elizabeth, I didn't know you two where here." Lydia says. I lean over to Magnus and whisper.

"That was kinda the point." He lets out a quiet laugh.