Chapter 13

Ellie's POV

We arrive outside and we meet the others. I hand card to Clary.

"Get it out" I tell her and then turn to the others. "Keep an eye out for demons." they nod and look around, my phone rings. Ryan. I walk away from the group and answer. "Ryan. Oh my god thank you for calling me back I miss you." I say.

"Hey, uh.." He says on the other line.

"You okay?" I ask.

"No I don't think so. I have a really bad pain in my hip. It's been there for 2 days now. I've been in an out of consciousness ever since. I don't know what's wrong with me. Jamie I need your help." He says scared.

"Okay, uh meet me back at the institute. We'll figure this out okay." I say and Izzy cuts me off.

"guys. The necklace is pulsing" Izzy says and we all look around.

"At least we know the necklace works." Alec says.

"Uh I need to go sorry I'll meet you at the abandoned church in like 20 minutes okay promise." I say.

"Okay." He says and hangs up. I run to catch up with the group. When I get there Jace has killed a demon

"Language. Not in front of grandma." Jace jokes.

"How'd it find us?" Alec asks.

"I don't know but she brought friends." Jace says.

"We need to go." I finish and we start walking away.

"How can you tell?" Clary asks trying to keep up with us.

"It's like seeing through a glamour. You just need to pay attention to the details." Jace explains.

"But I can't see anything." She says and we come to a stop. "Okay there is to many people."

"I don't say this often but Clary's right. We have to get tout of here." Alec says.

"This way." I say and pull them down an alley way to a back door, I kick the door and we all step inside. Alec stops and pulls out his bow and arrow standing in front of the door.

"Alec what are you-" I ask but he cuts me off.

"Go I'll be fine. I'm holding them off. Take your sister back to the institute." He says.

"No I'm staying if your staying Jace and Izzy can take her back." I tell him.

"No Jamie go!" He says sternly.

"NO!" I say loudly. "I am not leaving you. I care to much about you to leave, either I stay or you come with us." I tell him. He looks at me weirdly and let's out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. Jace, Izzy make sure she gets back." Alec tells them and I pull my dagger out.

"Jamie." Clary pleads.

"Go I'll be fine." I tell her. "I promise." She smiles turning away and leaving with Jace and Izzy. I turn to where we came in with Alec beside me, out of the corner of my eye I see him looking at me. "What?" I ask.

"You." He said being very vague.

"Me?" I ask still looking at the door.

"Yah you, back when you were telling me why you wante-" he was cut off by a demon coming into where we are and me killing it.

"They found us." I say under my breath. 'You shouldn't have stayed here Ellie. There going to catch you and bring you to him. Your putting yourself and Alec in risk being here' I say in my head. "Oh fuck off" I say quietly to myself.