Chapter 4

Sorry for the late post, busy past few days! Hope you all enjoy this chapter, I promise to post the next one on time!

*******

Ellie's POV

My eyelids flatter open and I'm greeted by a ray of sun coming in through the window. I look at my surroundings and I don't recognize it at first, this isn't my room. The closer I look the more familiar it look, I'm in the hospital room in the institute the last place I want to be right now. I groan and bring the pillow from under my head to my face.

"You're up! I was starting to think you were actually dead" I hear someone say I remove the pillow from my face to see Alec sitting on my bed. He wasn't there when I was looking around was he?

"Hi" I great him.

"Hi, I'm Alec. Alec Lightwood. And you are?" He introduces himself. I think for a minute before answering with my adopted name.

"Jamie Fray. Nice to meet you" I say hoping he doesn't recognize who I am. I see a hint of disappointment flash in his eyes. Weird.

"Nice to meet you Jamie."he continues to look at me like he's studying me.

"What?" I ask trying to be as mundane as possible for me.

"Oh sorry you just look similar to and old friend of mine who passed away." My heart drops when I see his face. He continues to look at me. "How do I not know who you are? Your a shadowhunter, I know that because you had a seraph blade and when you passed out your runes showed up like they were under a spell. But I've never seen you before in my life" he says.

"Well that last statement isn't true. He has seen me before and it's killing me to not tell him who I am." I think to myself.

"Uh yah, I'm a, a shadowhunter my sister-" I started but got cut off by Alec.

"Yah about your "sister"" he says in quotations. "What is with that? Because last I was told Jocelyn Fairchild only had two kids and one died in a fire. So how do you fit into the Fairchild tree." He asks suspicious.

"I am the first Fairchild child." I say making my lie as convincing as possible and standing up and heading the the chair beside the bed clothes on it, I put up the top and immediately know it's Isabelle's. I turn to Alec. "These for me?" I ask and he nods.

"Yah there's a divider right there you can use." He says and turns around letting go of the Fairchild tree.

"Anyway where is my sister? And how long have we been out?" I ask him while changing into ripped black pants with a white top and black leather vest. Zipping up the 4inch black heels and leave on my black rose earrings and bangles. This is my style, thank you Izzy! I grab my stele and place it in my pants pocket. Just them my phone rings again, 'Ry', I ignore it and walk out of the divider.

"Your phone has been doing that for the past 2 days, that's how long you've both been out for. As for Clary, she is still out at the moment in our other room. I was just about to go over and yell at Jace, the blonde I was with, for bringing your mundane sister into the institute. Care to join me?" He asks standing up when I walk out from behind the divider.

"Uh... Sure? Why not, she deserves to be yelled at for everything she did tonight" I say walking up to him. "Lead the way!" I say giving a small laugh. He laughs too and smiles looking down to the ground. I smile also because I never thought I get to laugh with him again, I missed them so much. Alec the most.

"Follow me it's right through this door here." He starts to walk but stops and turns to me. "You know I think we might get along, you remind me of someone and your... Different. A good different." I smile at him.