Invisible

By SpoonfulofMe

How can you know what it's like to be visible when no one has ever seen you? Melissa is known for not being k... More

Robot
Characters
I'm Fine
Let Me Help You
Bullied
Help Me
Party With A Douche
Party Mishaps
Call Me When You Need Me
I Deserve This
Save The Princess
The Wait Is Over
A Second That's A First
Kiss Of Life
Unintentional Sleepover
Posted Affection
Not Alice's Wonderland
Meet The Howards
Father Daughter Moments
Lunch Break
Sting Like A Bee
Arguments and Exits
The Whole Truth
Big Brother's Little Girl
Cousin
Confrontation
The Crew
Characters Pt. 2
Little Touches Pt. 1
Little Touches Pt. 2
Papa's Brat
Backtracking
Strategy
Meet My Mom
These Hands
Nana's Here
Driving Miss Melissa
Dinner and Dessert
No It Factor
Blow 'Em Out
Morning After

Angry Truths

9.9K 523 119
By SpoonfulofMe

I can't believe I actually fought somebody last night. I've never retaliated, or wanted to retaliate as bad as I did when she tried me. Sitting up I see Raven smiling in my face.

"What you goofball?" She held my phone in my face.

"Ya baby daddy been blowing you, and my baby daddy just came in the house."

Hunter's here! Raven has the biggest crush on my brother, so I knew she was referring to him when she said her baby daddy came in the house. I hopped out of my bed running downstairs. I ignored Clara's stare as I collided with my big brother in one of his bone crushing hugs. He pulled away smiling at me being happy to see him.

"Hey little misfit!" My feet dangled in the air as Hunter swung me around.

"Hunt, what are you doing here?" I ruffled his wavey locks. I never knew why, but my brother's hair always goes from being blonde to a dusty far brown. It's been like that since I was a kid.

"Visiting my favorite sister of course." Hunter was always very vocal about how close he and I are. So him saying I'm his favorite is the absolute truth, he can't stand Patience. He loves her, he just can't stand her, same goes for me.

"What about me?" Speak of the devil, and she'll appear.

"Sup Peyt, how's it going?"

"You're not gonna call me your favorite sister like you just did for her?"

She must not have seen Raven standing next to me because she definitely gasped in fright when Rae spoke.

"I know you better take all of that sneering out of your voice when you're referring to this one." She held her pointed finger over my head.

"Good to see you too Patience." Her hugged her just not as tight as he previously hugged me.

"You," He pointed to me. "have some explaining to do."

"What now?" I groaned.

"You have a boyfriend now?"

"I wouldn't call him that." Clara butted in.

"Mom, could you act your age for once instead of acting like one of Patience' annoying gossiping friends!"

Raven snickered at my brother's outburst. I'm used to this, Hunter never hesitates to bring his mom down a peg. He turned his attention back to me.

"You didn't answer my question, boyfriend, when?" He ask authoritatively.

My brother had moments where he became very fatherly to me because my dad was ideally to busy catering to Clara, and my sister's needs. So Hunter made it his responsibility to fill in for him a lot of times.

"Well, I kind of have a boyfriend," He nodded waiting for me to continue. "and it's kind of Ethan Howard."

"Nope!" I knew that was coming. Even though Hunter joked about him possibly liking me after we came back from the party, Ethan was his least favorite person.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Mel, the guy is a douche!" He yelled. Clara and my sister left since they weren't the center of attention.

"He bullied you half of your life."

"He's different now." I argued back.

"Bullshit, give me one reason why I should trust him."

"Because he save me from being raped." I spoke in a whispered tone. My brother's face became stone set at my comment.

"Who?"

"Chad?" I knew better than to keep it from him.

"He's dead." He growled.

"No need, Ethan's kicked his ass more than enough times."

"Hmm, maybe I can learn to like the prick."

"Cut it out, he's really sweet."

He sighs loudly as he shrugs his shoulders reluctantly.

"Ugh, fine if he keeps you happy then big brother is happy."

He hugs me kissing my forehead.

"Hey Raven." He finally speaks to my best friend who is tapping her foot wildly.

"Ohhh so you can see me? I mean I know you have to talk to your family first, but damn I couldn't even get a head nod."

We both knew she was joking, well partially joking. Raven really hated being ignored, but having Hunter ignore her was really getting to her.

"Not acknowledging you right then and there was rude I know, but I had to see who this guy is that calls himself dating my baby sister."

He gave her a side hug, then lifted her chin up making her look at him, just to turn her head so he could speak into her ear.

"But you know you're still my boo." He thought I couldn't hear him.

My brother is hitting on my best friend right in front of me ewww. I step between them linking arms with a now blushing Raven. If I know my brother right we're not staying in this house.

"Start the car we'll be ready in a second." He nods at me knowing that we're leaving.

Raven is still in la la land as she gets ready. I remind her to put a bathing suit on, under whatever she's wearing because my brother is more than likely taking us somewhere near water. Even though it's the middle of January, and the weather is pretty cool Hunter has to be in the water. It's like he needs it.

I text my Dad letting him know I'm out with Hunter. He just tells us all to be safe.

"Now that it's just the three of us I can talk about what I really want to ask you." Hunter side eyes me from the driver's seat.

"Okay, what's up?"

"What's this I hear about you going all Mayweather on some girl in a club?"

"How did you find out, please don't tell me you saw it on Instagram?"

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment at the thought of my club rumble being on social media for the world to see.

"Nah, Dennis was there, and he called me later on that night to tell me what happened. Not to mention I can see the cuts underneath your makeup." He smirked seeing me put my head down in shock that he noticed.

"So do you want to tell me how it happened."

He's not going to let this go until I tell him, and I honestly can't lie to him. But I know he's going to be even more pissed when he finds out why I was fighting in the first place.

"Fine, I kind got into a scramble with Taylor Jemison."

"Jemison, I never liked that bitch. She was always picking on you for being black, and her confederate flag waving grandparents didn't do anything but encourage her. Okay I'm done with my rant, go on Buggy."

"She's kind of one of Ethan's old flings."

The way his hand tightened on the steering wheel let me know he wasn't too happy about hearing that.

"See, this is why I don't want you dating him! The guy's a male whore, he's got a legion of sluts on his trail."

Yeah, I know our sister's one of them.

"You're going to run into this the whole time you two are together."

Tell me something I don't know.

"I already know that, but can handle it Hunt."

"You're damn right you can!" Raven butted in as we got out of Hunter's car.

"She tore that girl down. The minor scratches on Mel's face are nothing compared to what she did to the other girl."

"So you really did kick her ass?" He quirked a brow smirking as he grabbed our bags.

"If you count a possible broken arm, a busted lip, and a bloody nose, kicking her ass then yeah."

He smiled fist bumping me.

"That's what I'm talking about little sis."

I guess my brother decided our family lake house was a good place to visit. I stripped of my top leaving me in my bathing suit top and loose fitted pants. Raven stripped down to her entire bathing suit. Surprisingly it warmed up a tad bit so maybe coming here wasn't a bad idea.

Hunter had took a dive in the water while we just laid in the sun. I noticed Rae had been quiet for a while, I already knew it had something to do with my brother.

"Go talk to him." I urged.

My brother and Raven have had this little thing for each other for a while. When I was still allowed to go to my mom's house Hunter would tag along with my dad and I. He would play with me and Raven while he was there. As we got older, and Hunter would sneak me over to my mom's house or to hang out with Raven I noticed those little feelings getting stronger.

"Nope I'm good right where I am."

"Do you not see how my brother is staring at you?"

She lifted her head slightly to see what I was talking about.

"See, go for it." I nudged her.

"He's not feeling me like that Mel, I'm not his type."

"His type, you mean gorgeous as all hot damn, intelligent as hell, awesome as fuck, stop me when I'm wrong 'cause you know you're all of those things."

"That old jackass really rubbed off on you. I didn't even know some these words were in your vocabulary." She giggled.

I've never seen Raven this shy, or insecure when it came to a guy. Guess I'm taking matters into my own hands. I dusted myself off, and headed towards my brother.

"Sup Buggy?"

"You and Raven have to talk, I know there's feelings between you two."

"Of course I like her, but she never made it known whether or not she felt the same."

"Stupid, of course she feels the same. That's exactly why she's so shy right now, you guys keep stealing glances at each other. But neither of you is making a move."

"Guess I gotta step up, and approach her."

"Duh College Boy." I knock on his forehead lightly. He hugs me as a thank you.

"Thanks baby sis."

"No problem." He kisses my forehead.

A loud angry yell came from nowhere, the next thing I know Ethan is tackling Hunter to the ground.

"Keep your hands off my girl Dawson!" He yells rolling my brother face forward so he can punch him.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Hunter protest punching back.

"Ethan, get off of him now!" I try pulling him back, no effect.

My brother's face is bleeding, Hunter's holding back. He can hit harder, he's not gonna hurt Ethan because of me. With the help of Raven I finally get my angry boyfriend off of my brother.

"Touch her again, and you're dead! You were always in my way. Every time I tried to talk to her when we were kids you were in my way." He growled showing his teeth.

"What the hell are you talking about?" We all stared at him like he was a mad man.

"You want her, you've always wanted her! She's mine you can't have her!"

Wait, is he implying that Hunter and I, gross!

"She's my sister you sick fuck!" Hunter yelled.

"Don't give me that shit, I know foster brothers get the hots for the foster sisters, but you're not coming anywhere near her."

"No you dumbass she's..." Hunter tries to explain.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yells cutting Hunter off. Before I knew it my hand flew across his face.

"No Ethan, you shut the fuck up!"

"Babe," He attempts to speak.

"I don't wanna hear it, look what you did to him!" I gesture to Hunter's face.

"You're defending him, seriously?!"

"He's my brother you idiot!"

"Yeah, your foster brother."

"No you jackass! Look at us, look at our faces, do you notice anything?"

He studies both us, I watch as his eyes widen, and his mouth drops slightly in realization.

"Fuck!"

Is all he says as I brush past him to take my brother inside spoke I can tend to him. I knew Ethan was going to find out my secret, but I didn't think he would find out so soon. I didn't think he would find out the way he did. Him and his stupid temper screwed everything up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 17 12
Can you keep a secret cause NOBODY's GOTTA KNOW
22.5K 441 23
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖�...
88.6K 3.7K 52
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦." - 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞: 𝟏...
29.8K 1.3K 18
Everyone knew Luca Novak: he was the school's bad boy. He was a drug dealer for a living, who sold drugs in both parts of town: the suburbs and the h...