Unexpected Love (Completed)

By Grandkids03

Hermione Granger had always been in love with a Weasely and the other had always been her best friend along w... More

Prologue
Waking Up to a New Weasely
Feelings
More Feelings
Finishing
Dragons
Working with Family, Drama, Accepting Jobs, Leaving
5 Weeks Later, Teaching, Surprises
2 Weeks Later, Mixed Classes, Substituting For Hagrid
1 Week Later, Sneaking, Caught, Talking to Minerva, Dragons, Romania
Romania, Nightmares, Attacked, Fight, Love
Waking Up with Him, Back to Hogwarts, Past Romances, Telling Everyone
1 Month Later, Shadows in the Forest, The Dead Return, Taken, Promises
2DL, Searching, Idea, 2DA, Fights, Abuse, Now, Forced, Saved, Ministry
2ML, Surprises, Break Outs, Prison in Hogwarts, Secrets with Sirius Black
Sirius, Power of Love, Harry, Dumbledore, Angry Weasely, New Professor, Sharing
2 Weeks Later, Announcements, Choices, Family, Remembrance Ball, Love
Waking Up in His Arms, First Real Date, Fights
Sunday, Talking it Out, Trying
2 Weeks Later, Professors Christmas Party, Break
A New Home, House Elf, Early Christmas Surprise, Happy but Feeling Bad
Christmas Eve
Christmas Morning, Party's, Christmas Engagements
A Potter Wedding
2 Months Later, A Black Wedding at Hogwarts
Honeymoon Days, Diarys, Black Family Resolutions, Baby Talk, Fights, Dreams, Ron
3 Months Later, Last Day of School, Pregnant
Finished Finals, Date Night, Venice, Telling Sirius, Home
3 Months, Telling The Potters, Auror Problems, Fights, Mother & Brother-In-Law
3 Months Later, 6 Months Pregnant, Partners, Missing
Saving, Seeing Black, Changes
Waking Up, Relief, 3 More Months
9 Months Pregnant
Baby Day
12 Years Later, Hatting
8 Years Later, Graduation, Epilogue

Work, Charlies Move, Visitors

2.6K 51 17
By Grandkids03

*Hermiones POV*

I woke up today feeling well rested, I sighed getting out of bed and going to my bathroom taking a quick shower washing my hair and shaving my legs before getting out. I wrapped a towel around my head to help my hair dry and one around my body. I went to my closet pulling out a black t-shirt, with dark wash ripped jeans, I set it on my bed with my leather jacket, and my boots on the floor. I sighed, taking the towel off my head and using my hands and towel to dry it a bit more. I was about to go back to the bathroom and blow dry my hair when there was a knock on my door, I sighed, opening it to see Charlie standing there. He was about to say something until he looked at me, his eyes raked up and down my body before I snapped my fingers getting his attention. I smirked at him shaking my head, while he looked away, I cleared my throat getting his attention once more.

"Did you need something Charlie?"

"Um, I just wanted to make sure you were up."

My smile disappeared and I nodded my head.

"Oh, are you alright?"

He sighed nodding his head and I looked at him, he was wearing a black button up shirt, the top three buttons undone, with a pair of black jeans, and his usual steel toe boots. His hair was tied back in a low ponytail resting at the base of his neck, his bright blue eyes meeting mine.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"If you're sure, I'll be out in a bit alright?"

He nodded his head and walked away while I went and blow-dried my hair before doing my make-up skipping the eye-shadow. I pulled On my clothes before meeting Charlie in the living room pulling on my wand sheath as he pulled on his jacket. We walked out of the apartment with our brooms in hand starting our trip to the Dragon reservation and starting my first day.

*Charlies POV*

I woke up this morning really early for some odd reason, I laid out my clothes before taking a shower. When that was done I got out drying off before pulling my hair back in a low ponytail and getting dressed. I set my leather jacket on the couch and pulled on my boots before walking down the hall to Hermiones room. I knocked on the door and waited for her to open it, but when she did I had forgotten everything that I had wanted to say. Hermione stood there in nothing more than a towel, her hair was wet and in waves and curls, it was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. She and I talked about nothing, absolutely nothing, she was trying to make sure that I was okay, but honestly I didn't really know the answer. I told her yes, but at the same time the answer was no, because in that moment I wanted nothing more than to call into work and stay home making love to her. However I knew that that was out of the question, I let her go and get ready. When she came back She was wearing a pair of tight jeans with holes in them, a black t-shirt, with her leather jackets and knee high lace boots. Her make-up was light skipping her dark eye-shadow, as I looked at her clothes once more it was then that I saw something under her shirt around her belly button. I walked towards her and lifted her shirt to see a belly piercing. It was a simple silver belly ring, she smacked my hand and pulled her shirt down, zipping her leather jacket.

"Get a good enough look?"

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"When did you get that?"

She laughed a bit, shaking her head.

"I got it right after Fred and I got together, Fred went with me and I had never seen him turn so green in my whole life. When it was done I lifted my shirt and let him see it, he shook his head. It wasn't until it was fully healed and I got to put in one of my cuter ones that he started liking it. I'll never forget the look on his face when I told him that I wanted one, and that he was coming with me, it was the funniest thing ever."

I looked at her and saw that she didn't have tears in her eyes when she talked about him, she used to always cry when he was brought up. Something changed and I don't know what it is, I hope that it has something to do with me, and that it's something good. When that conversation ended she and I grabbed our brooms and headed to the l Dragon reservation hoping for a somewhat easy day. When we got there I saw that the boys were having a little trouble with one of the Norwegian Ridgebacks. I ran over to help leaving Hermione there, I told her not to move, I didn't want to see her get hurt. Only I should've known that she was going to listen to me. The next thing I know Hermione was on the Dragon's back with her wand in hand. I watched as this green mist came from her wand and the Dragon instantly calmed and curled up on the ground. She slid off the Dragons back and I ran to her, lifting her into a hug, her arms wrapped around my neck hugging me back. When we pulled away I held her at arm's length shaking my head letting out a deep breath, she bit her bottom lip and that was it. I pushed her away and shook my head walking off, I heard her sigh. Then heard her struggling with one of the guys telling her to give me space. She pushed him away and started yelling, before running after me, I went farther into the woods. When she caught up to me she grabbed my arm and turned me around crashing her lips to mine. I walked forward a bit making her back hit one of the trees. I let my tongue trace over her bottom lip asking for entrance that she granted. We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity before we had to pull away to breath, I looked into her eyes and shook my head.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"I know, I'm sorry, but if I hadn't done what I did people would've gotten hurt, you could've gotten hurt. I'm not afraid of many things Charlie but losing you is on that list of fears."

I sighed.

"That's a lie."

She gave me a confused look before it went away and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Charlie, I love you."

I looked at her for a moment.

"Do you mean it, or are you just saying it so I don't feel shitty?"

She pushed me away and I knew that I had pissed her off.

"Ya know what? Go fuck yourself Charlie, I'm going back to work, come talk to me when your done being a fucking girl."

I signed watching as she walked out of the woods, I shook my head and kicked a rock before heading back. The next time I saw her she was helping the guys lift the Dragon from the ground and put it back into it's cage. I looked over at her and she shook her head walking away, I sighed shaking my head before I heard arguing. I went over to where Hermione had disappeared to see Chance pinning her to the wall of the trailer. She pushed him away, and started walking away only to have him grab her by the hair putting his wand to her neck. I went to step in but Hermione jerked her head back getting him in the nose. He pushed her away and she fell to the ground, she removed her wand from it's sheath pointing it at him and that's when I stepped in.

"Hey, what the fuck is going on here?"

Chance stood up with a broken nose and blood pouring down his face.

"This crazy bitch broke my nose, I want her out of here."

"Why, because you were assaulting her and she defended herself the best she could? I saw the whole thing Chance, I just knew that Hermione could handle herself, she doesn't need anyone to take care of her. She's independent, and obviously damn good with Dragons, so either you shut the fuck up and keep your hands to yourself, or she and I will go work at Hogwarts in the dark forest, your choice."

He chuckled, shaking his head.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Wouldn't we, Hermione already has a job offer as transfiguration professor and I was offered the position of game master. You touch her again and we won't hesitate to accept those positions. This is it Chance, we're the best you got, you really wanna risk losing us?"

He looked between the two of us before shaking his head and walked back to his trailer. Hermione sighed, shaking her head, putting her wand away and going to our brooms. She grabbed hers and I sighed going to tell Chance that Hermione and I were taking off for the night. He didn't say anything so I just ran to my broom taking off after Hermione. When I got to the apartment I walked in seeing Hermiones broom in the corner. I figured she had gone to her room, I headed to mine to see Hermione sitting on my bed. I looked at her and she stood up walking towards me, she looked up at me. While I looked into her caramel eyes and she shook her head looking away before looking at me once again.

"I don't say things I don't mean, it's been what a month since you and I met? Sometimes I still feel bad that it only took me a month to get over him, a month to fall for his brother..."

*Hermiones POV*

"I don't say things I don't mean, it's been what a month since you and I met? Sometimes I still feel bad that it only took me a month to get over him, a month to fall for his brother..."

I sighed.

"but I couldn't fight it anymore, no matter how hard I tried to avoid this it happened. I fell for another Weasely and I'm scared because the last one I loved left me, he's gone and I'm never getting him back. Between him and one of my best friends, I can't lose anyone else, so if we do this then you can't leave me. I'm giving you something that I've only ever given one other person, and I'm telling you something that I've only ever told one other person. Please don't break my heart and make me regret this."

I looked at him with slow tears streaming down my face before I went to walk out of his room. He took my hand in his stopping me, I looked up at him and his lips met mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer as he wrapped around my waist. We soon pulled apart and he leaned his forehead against mine looking into my eyes.

"I love you Hermione."

I smiled.

"I love you Charlie."

He leaned in about to connect our lips once again when there was a knock on the door. He sighed, shaking his head while I chuckled a bit and I went to get the door.

When I opened it I was surprised to see, Harry and Ginny standing there, I sighed before hollering for Charlie.

"Charlie, it's your sister, and my brother!"

He walked into the living room giving them a hug before letting out a sigh.

"So what brings you two down to my neck of the woods?"

"Well geez Charlie, don't get too excited I'm only your sister."

He sighed.

"I know Gin, I'm sorry, it's just I've been busy, with training Hermione all day I'm pretty tired, I'm glad you're here, it's just not a good time."

"I get it, but Harry and I came because we have some exciting news."

Our brows furrowed as we looked at eachother before looking back at them.

"Gin what's going on."

She smiled at me before holding up her hand, I looked to see this gorgeous gold ring with a pearl and two small diamonds. It was so simple yet amazing, I looked at Harry and smiled before hugging him close and kissing his cheek.

"Congrats Harry, I'm so happy for you."

Ginny hugged Charlie and he congratulated them before looking at me, I shook my head still not knowing what we are or if we even have a title. I pulled away from Harry and we all sat in the main room talking and laughing, Harry smiled at me.

"So Hermione, how are the Dragons?"

I laughed, shaking my head.

"They're good, I gave Charlie a bit of a scare but nothing he can't handle."

"What happened?"

I sighed smirking at Charlie.

"Well one of the Norwegian Ridgebacks kinda freaked today. Charlie told me to stay back, only you know I never really listen. I ran over, jumped on it's back and used a spell to calm it down, it went right to sleep and the guys went back to work. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, but to him, well, lets just say he was a little on the pissed off side."

Ginny busted up laughing, we all looked at her confused, when she calmed down she shook her head at us.

"Leave it to Charlie to get a job for the one person who's most like him. I mean come on Charlie, you used to do all kinds of things when you were in training. If I remember right you were put on probation within your first week for wrestling a Swedish Short-Snout. You really mean to tell me that what Hermione did today is worse than that, hell she probably saved a bunch of lives."

I looked at Charlie and smirked.

"You got probation for wrestling a Swedish Short-Snout?"

He sighed.

"Yeah, not my proudest moment."

I laughed, shaking my head.

"Only wish that I was there to see it."

He gave me a small smile, and then I looked back at Harry and Ginny.

"So will you two be staying the night, or are you apparating back?"

Harry sighed.

"Well if you have an extra room we'd be happy to stay maybe go to work with you guys tomorrow."

I looked at Charlie and he shook his head.

"Well, we don't have any extra rooms but you're more than welcome to use mine, I can take the couch."

They shook their heads.

"No, we don't want to put you out, we can go to a hotel."

Charlie stood up, and looked at me.

"Or Hermione can stay in my room with me."

I shook my head.

"Or not, Charlie, what are you trying to do?"

"I'm not trying to do anything, I just think a bed is better than a couch, if you don't want to stay with me that's fine. I'll take the couch and you can take my room, I really see no problem with either of those options."

I sighed looking at him.

"Well I do, if we share a bed it's inappropriate with your sister in the next room, and if you sleep on the couch I'll feel bad for taking your bed."

"Well I'm not letting you take the couch Hermione, and didn't you used to stay with Fred next door to my sister when you were together? What's the problem now?"

I sighed, shaking my head and standing up.

"The problem now is we're not together, we don't have a title or anything so why don't you tell me what the fuck you actually want Charlie?"

"I want you!"

I sighed, before looking at Harry and Ginny who were sitting there with wide eyes looking very uncomfortable. I sighed once more before looking at Charlie and shaking my head. I went to my room packing a bag only to have Ginny come in a moment later.

"Hermione, it's alright, I promise, Harry and I will just go to a hotel or something."

I shook my head.

"That's not it Gin."

"Then what is it? Hermione you can talk to me, please let me in."

I sighed sitting on the bed before looking at her.

"I love him, and he loves me, but he won't ask me to be his, and he keeps bringing up Fred. I mean hell yeah I brought him up the other day or maybe even today but as a memory and for once I didn't cry. I smiled and then I looked at him and was happy that I remembered, but I want to make memories with him, it's just so complicated right now. Then he asks me to stay the night with him, when we're practically nothing, we've kissed a few times, and I told him that I love him. It's just so complicated, confusing, and an all around pain in my ass. I was never like this with Fred and now, it's like I'm a completely different person, and I like it, I like the new me. I'm just tired of not knowing what he really wants from me, weather it be sex, or a relationship, he just won't say and it scares me and wares me out."

She sighed sitting next to me and wrapping her arms around me.

"I get it Hermione, maybe you just need to give it time, however I would like to know where you're going to go?"

I sighed.

"To a hotel, Charlie and I need space, he needs to think and I need to be alone for a while, I'll be at work tomorrow though alright?"

She nodded her head while I finished packing my beaded bag, putting it over my shoulder and walking out to my broom. I gave Harry and Ginny a hug telling them that I would see them in the morning before walking out of the apartment only to be followed by Charlie.

"Hermione, Hermione wait."

"What for Charlie?"

He sighed, looking at me with sad eyes.

"I love you."

"And I love you, but you don't know what you want, and right now, you need space and time to think. I know what I want, you don't, so I'm gunna give you some space and I'll see you tomorrow at work. Goodnight Charlie."

I walked out of the building jumping on the broom and heading to the closest hotel in Romania. I got off my broom going up to the front desk checking in and going up to the room that I had paid for. I got to the room closing and locking the door behind me before taking a shower and getting ready for bed. I sighed putting my hair up in a messy bun before Pulling on my pjs and getting under the soft warm covers falling into a sad lonely sleep.

*Charlies POV*

When Hermione ran out of the apartment I couldn't stop myself from running after her.

"Hermione, Hermione wait."

"What for Charlie?"

I sighed, as I felt sadness run through my body as I looked at her.

"I love you."

"And I love you, but you don't know what you want, and right now, you need space and time to think. I know what I want, you don't, so I'm gunna give you some space and I'll see you tomorrow at work. Goodnight Charlie."

I knew that she was right and I knew that I had messed up, the only way that I'm going to fix this is if I asked her to be mine. I just wish that I knew how to do it without coming off as a complete and utter jackass, I love her, and I just want her to be happy. I sighed as I watched her fly away, I shook my head and walked back upstairs, I walked into the apartment to see Harry and Ginny sitting on the couch shaking their heads at me.

"What?"

Ginny stood up walking towards me before smacking me in the back of my head, I grabbed where she hit and shook my head at her.

"Ow, what the fuck was that for?"

"That was for being the biggest fucking jack ass on this planet."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"What am I supposed to do Ginny, she loves me and I love her but I have no idea how to make her mine without coming off as a complete jackass."

"You love her, you must know something about her? Figure it out and then just ask her, she loves you Charlie, believe it or not she fell for another Weasely and it just so happened to be you. Don't fuck this up, do this the right way before you end up losing her forever, and trust me once you lose her she's gone and you're never getting her back."

I sighed nodding my head understanding where she was coming from, I shook my head before looking at the clock.

"We should get to bed, we have an early start in the morning. Goodnight baby sister, and Harry welcome to the family."

"Goodnight big bro."

"Thanks Charlie."

I nodded my head walking to my room taking a quick shower to try and relax, possibly relieve some of this stress. I sighed, getting out and pulling on a pair of boxers before crawling under the bed covers and falling asleep dreaming of the caramel eyes I've come to love so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 113 14
Again please if you haven't yet read Clipped Wings or Learning to Fly then please do because this will make no sense thanks guys ~Pingu x So this is...
21.8K 372 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...
320K 6.3K 34
After missing the 4th and 5th year at Hogwarts, the former Slytherin Queen returns. How will se be welcomed back? In the past she was a controling, c...
215K 5.3K 30
Harry Potter and Hermione a Granger have always been best friends, but will that change now they head back to Hogwarts? Will Harry show his true feel...