Sunday, Talking it Out, Trying

*Hermiones POV*

I woke up today laying in bed alone, I sighed getting up and checking the couch to see Sirius still fast asleep. I sighed, shaking my head, going to take a quick shower before getting out. I pulled on a pair of dark wash ripped jeans, and a black tank top. I sat on the bed pulling on my knee high tie black boots, before putting my hair up in a messy fishtail side braided with a black headband. I looked in the mirror before shaking my head and letting out a sigh. I looked over at Sirius, before going over placing a hand on his shoulder waking him up. He sighed sitting up giving me a confused look before looking at the clock, he looked at me shaking his head.

"Are you alright Hermione?"

I sighed, shaking my head.

"No, get up, we need to talk."

He sighed nodding his head, getting up and pulling on a pair of light wash jeans with a black V-neck t-shirt and his steel toe boots.

We sat on the couch and I pulled my legs under me, he sighed, shaking his head before looking at me.

"Hermione, I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you."

I sighed nodding my head.

"I know, however you just assumed, and then you told me I was full of shit."

"I know, I was wrong."

I shook my head.

"Sirius, I love you, however if this is really how you feel then what are we doing?"

He sighed, shaking his head, I stood up looking at him with sad eyes.

"Well, while you figure it out, I'm going for a walk."

I walked over, putting my wand in my boot before grabbing my leather jacket, pulling it on and walking out of the room. As I walked through the halls students greated me and I smiled back before walking out of the school and to the forest. I stepped in walking until I saw Firenze, he gave me a small bow and smile as he walked towards me.

"Ms. Granger, what brings you to the dark of the forest?"

"Just needed some space is all, figured this was a quiet place to think, and keep myself on edge a bit."

"Makes sense, now what is there that a brilliant woman like you needs to think about?"

I sighed.

"Sirius Black."

He gave me a confused look.

"What about him?"

"He's back because I'm in love with him, however he's hurt me by bringing up things from my past, now I don't know what I'm going to do. He loves me and I love him, it's just a lot has been going on and now I have to try and get past this."

He nodded his head.

"I know why he's back Ms. Granger, and real love is a rarity that one can only dream of. What you and Mr. Black have has never been heard of or even experienced, you are living in one of those once in a lifetime dreams. I may be just some old Centaur, but I am that Centaur that never had the luxury of meeting his mate. I hope that you take my advice, and heed my word when I say that you need to hold on to this. Times may be hard, and sometimes you'll feel like giving up, but love is one thing that'll take you for a ride. You'll have your days when you're at the top of this hill, you're happy and so in love, and then you'll have days when everything is falling around you and you're afraid you'll lose it all. Those are the days where you have to fight to keep your love, today is the day you have to fight, but tomorrow, you'll be at the top once again."

I smiled at him nodding my head.

"Thank you Firenze."

He smiled, giving me a small bow before walking off, I sighed, turning to walk back to the castle. It was then that I saw Sirius standing there with a small sad smile on his face.

*Sirius' POV*

After Hermione left I sat there thinking for a few moments, I knew that I didn't want to lose her. She's everything to me, I'm back because the love that we made together is stronger than death. I can't lose her because I made an assumption about something that I had been completely wrong about. I sighed, shaking my head and standing up, I grabbed my wand and pulled on my leather jacket walking out of the chambers hoping to find her before I lose her forever. As I walked along the grounds of Hogwarts I decided to check the forest. I walked through and soon I could hear her talking to someone. I walked over hiding behind one of the trees and looking over to see her talking to Firenze. I sat there listening as he told her of love and the ride that it is. I had hoped that she would listen to him and as I heard him start to walk away I came out and started walking towards her. When she turned she saw me standing there and looked at me with sad hurt eyes. I knew that it would take time for her to forgive me, however I would wait as long as it took because she's worth it, she's worth fighting for. I sighed walking towards her and she back up a bit, I looked down before looking back at her.

"Hermione, I know I hurt you, but I don't want to lose you. I know that it's going to take time to fix the mistakes that I've made. However I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, and I'm willing to fight for us because, you're worth it, we're worth it. I love you, hell I'm in love with you, I let you go once and it was the biggest mistake of my life, please don't ask me to do it again. I love you, and I'll spend the rest of our lives on this earth making it up to you, if you'll give me the chance to."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes before she let out a small sigh. She looked down before walking towards me taking my hand in hers. I sighed looking into her bright caramel eyes that I have come to love, more than the candy itself.

"Sirius, I love you, I've always loved you, I'm willing to give us another try, however if this happens again, if I get hurt again. You'll be asking me to let you go, and that alone is going to break my heart, my love for you is what brought you here. It's what brought you back to me, I don't want to lose you. I love you, and this is your last chance, I'm willing to try, but are you?"

I gave her a small sad smile nodding my head.

"I'm more than willing to try, for you, for us, I love you Hermione, and I'm so sorry."

She nodded her head wrapping her arms around my neck hugging me close as I buried my face in her shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her waist holding her close and never wanting to let go.

*Hermiones POV*

I let out a sigh pulling out of the hug taking his hand in mine. We started our walk back to the castle and it was as if nothing had happened. We talked and laughed, loving every minute of just being together, no fighting, or arguing, just us. It felt good to try and let go of the pain that the last two days have put us through, it felt good to just be together. When we got back to the castle we walked up to our chambers and I changed my clothes crawling into bed. I grabbed my transfiguration book reading up and doing some last minute lesion plans for tomorrow. As I sat there reading through my book I watched as Sirius changed his clothes and walked towards the couch. I gave him a confused look before getting out of bed and walking to him. He looked at me like I was crazy and I shook my head taking his hand in mine. He pulled back a bit and I turned around still a little confused as to what he was doing.

"Are you alright Sirius?"

He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I was just going to lay down when you came over taking my hand and trying to move me."

"Yeah, so you could come to bed, you really want to sleep on the couch again?"

He gave me a small smile shaking his head.

"No, I suppose not."

"Okay, then come to bed."

He smiled.

"As you wish."

He took my hand once again and we walked to bed, I crawled in on my side and he got in on his. I rolled over and he pulled me into his chest, I buried my head cuddling into him missing his warmth and never wanting to leave the safety of his arms again. That's one thing I can say about Sirius, while I do love him and he loves me, I've never felt safer than I do when I'm in his arms.