5 Weeks Later, Teaching, Surprises

*Hermiones POV*

I woke up today in the head Gryffindor room, I sighed and looked around a small sad smile coming to my face. It's been five weeks since I left Romania, and Charlie, I guess he chose to be without me, I love him, I just wish he loved me enough. I sighed, getting out of bed, walking to my closet pulling out my clothes, things have changed at Hogwarts. Teachers still have to be professional but they can wear whatever they want as long as it's appropriate where as the students still have uniforms. I took a quick shower washing my hair before getting out, I wrapped a towel around my head and another around my body. I went to my room grabbing my make-up bag, I applied a thin layer of black eye liner, and mascara, keeping my make-up light. I then removed the towel from my hair and blow dried my hair, letting it fall in it's soft natural waves. I smiled a bit in the mirror before going back to my bedroom and getting dressed. I pulled on a light gray long sleeve shirt, with dark wash jeans, and my usual knee high tie boots. I sighed, grabbing my brand new leather jacket and walking out of my room after tucking my wand into my usual sheath. All the teachers waited outside the great hall waiting to be introduced to the students. When my name was finally called I walked into the great hall and smiled a bit as memories good and bad flooded my Brian. I gave a smile to all of my students before standing behind my seat alongside the other teachers. I looked to my right and saw that there was still someone missing, I looked at Minerva and she sighed.

"There is one more teacher who will be assisting Professor Hagrid as gamekeeper, Professor Weasely."

Just then the doors opened one last time and in that moment my heart stopped, I shook my head as he came and stood next to me. He smiled and I watched as the girls around the room swooned. I kept my eyes forward not even giving him a side glance. When the feast began the teachers sat and began eating, I could feel his eyes on means shook my head.

"Hermione, will you please at least look at me so I can explain?"

I sighed looking at him before shaking my head.

"What's there to explain, five weeks I hadn't heard from you and now you're here when I asked you to come with me you said no and let me go. That was your mistake Ginny told you and I told you, once you lose me or let me go, that's it, that's all there is to it. I will teach with you, I will respect your job for it isn't an easy one, but don't think for a second that we will ever be anything more."

He looked at me with sad eyes and took one more bite of my food before I excused myself and started my walk to my chambers. When I got there I poured myself a small glass of black cherry red stag and sat down. I can't believe that he had the nerve to show up here and think that everything was going to be alright between us, to think that I would fall back in his arms. He let me go, he didn't come after me, he didn't fight for me to stay, he just let me go, and that's all there is to it. I was pulled from thoughts by a knock coming from my door, I sighted standing up and opening the door to see Charlie standing there. I either stepping aside and letting him in, I closed the door and he looked at me with sad hurt eyes, I shook my head.

"Don't look at me like that, you don't get to be sad, you don't get to be hurt, you let me go, you broke my heart. Not the other way around, I gave you the choice to come with me and you said no. Then you show up here and assume everything's going to go back to the way it was back in Romania, screw you. You had your chance and you blew it, you let me go when you knew how I felt about you. You let me go when you knew that I loved you and that I was falling in love with you and you still let me go, so fuck you."

I looked at him with tears sliding down my face, he shook his head.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head.