The Resistance

By -ShellyF

Jahmir Phillips and Kaelynn Smith met once Jahmir moved to Atlanta with his grandparents. Her weight always s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (reupload)

Chapter 33

3K 218 11
By -ShellyF

{Kaelynn}

An uneasy feeling washed over me as I was laying on the sofa. I got up and and went upstairs to my mother's room. Sure enough, she was sitting on her bed with tears on her face.

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DIDN'T WANT HER TO LIVE WITH YOU MIKE!"

My heart started beating faster as I listened to mom. Something must be wrong with Mikayla. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I don't want anything bad happening to her.

"NO YOU ARE TOO INCOMPETENT TO TAKE CARE OF A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD!... DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

I tried to be quiet, but she spotted me anyway. She motioned me in the room. Slowely, I walked over to her and sat with her. I wiped her tears, but new ones replaced them.

"THAT'S MY BABY TOO THOUGH MIKE!" She put her arm around me and squeezed tight. "Don't you dare tell me not to worry about my babies! The only baby I don't have to worry about is right here with me!"

Aww, she called me her baby. I haven't been her baby in fifteen years.

"Mom." I gently grabbed the phone from her hold. "Go grab a drink of water and take some deep breaths okay."

She got up and left out the room as I asked her too. When I put the phone to my ear, dad was still talking.

"Marsha I did not intend for this to happen. You have to believe me." There was so much pain in his voice. Something I'd never heard from him.

"Dad, mom went to cool off. What's going on?"

"Princess, hi. How are you doing?"

I was doing much better until a few minutes ago. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

"I'm fine. What's wrong?"

"Well umm... Mikayla is gone."

My heart dropped. I never knew I could be this worried about her.

"Gone?! What do you mean gone?"

"She spent Friday night with her friend, Penelope. When I went over there to pick her up, Penelope told me she left Saturday morning. So now it's Sunday night and she has been gone for over twenty four hours. I want to try and find her before I turn to the police."

I really want to shout at him and question why he hasn't called the police! She must have left for a reason. I'm pretty sure they would have better luck at finding her than we would. But... Now that I think about it, would they even look for her? They've proven time and time again that they can find stolen merchandise before they find and actual person. How the fuck they do that, the world may never know.

"Where have you looked?"

"I called all her friends' parents that I know. They said their kids haven't seen her. I went to a few parks, starbucks, the mall... places she would go."

Either she has hid really well, or somebody's lying. I'm almost sure she wouldn't answer if I called her. That doesn't mean I won't try though. Also, I'm going to try and contact her ex. Don't have his number, but I can just find him on Facebook.

"What are you doing now?"

"Just sitting in the parking lot of Lennox. This is killing me. I thought Mikayla and I had a better relationship than this. Nobody knows what made her run away. She could have came to me. I love all my kids so much, but I have a serious soft spot for you and Kayla. You two and your mother were literally all I had at one point. I won't be able to rest until I find my baby."

Hearing my dad break down actually hurt my feelings. I haven't been the best to him. Most of the time it seems like I don't even like him... let alone love him. I hate hearing him so upset though. No matter how I feel about him, I always want him to be happy and in good health. This goes for even my most distance family.

"I'm sure she's fine."

"But Kae, not knowing for sure if she is or not is killing me." He stressed. "Nobody has seen her since yesterday morning. Early yesterday."

He then started crying. Mom walked back in the room with fresh tears pouring down her face. Although I feel bad, I can't cry.

"Don't worry dad. I won't rest until I at least hear from her. Everything will be okay."

I pulled my phone out my pocket and logged into my FaceBook.

"I'm running out of places to search. I've been to damn near every place in Atlanta that I think she'd go to."

That's a lot of places!

"Dad it's okay. And who knows, maybe she may show up to school if nobody finds her." I know that's unlikely, but I wanted to give him at least a little bit of hope. "I'll let you talk back to mom."

I stood up and gave her the phone back. "I'll be back mom."

She nodded as she started going off on dad again.

"IF YOU OR KAE DOESN'T FIND HER BY THE TIME KAE GETS BACK, I'M CALLING THE POLICE! I don't care what you have against the police."

This is a time when she is extra sensitive about everything. I know this is bad, but I wish she would calm down a bit. That's her daughter. Of course she has every right to worry about her. I'm just thinking about my other sibling. I didn't like the idea of having another sibling before, but I'm warming up to them. I know stress can harm the baby.

As I found some shoes to put on, I pulled up Zay's page and messaged him. I simply asked him had he seen or talked to her in the last twenty four hours.

On my way to the front door, I tried calling her. Even though it went to voicemail four times, I was still hopeful. That means her phone is still on. So that must means she is somewhere that she can charge it. Maybe.

"Hey Mikayla. I'm sorry, okay? I'm so sorry for putting my hands on you. I know that im beyond foolish for doing something that damn stupid. I'm not going to give you excuse after excuse. I just want to say that I will work on being a much better sister. We are all worried about you. Please call me back."

I was planning on doing this myself, but I think I need help. I have no idea where she could be. I hate that I always bother Jahmir with my problems, but I found myself on his doorstep.

After I knocked, I checked my phone again. Zay messaged me back.

Zaiden: man I don't talk to dat bitch no more. Ain't seen her since the other day at school.

Me: HOLD UP LIL BOY! My sister is not a bitch. Nobody has seen or heard from her her since yesterday morning. You know it's not like her to go that long without talking to anybody.

I was about to knock again, but Jahmir stood in the now open doorway. Immediately, I could tell that something was wrong. He has a small little bruise on his cheek. Not only that but he looks so emotionless and numb.

"Jahmir what's wrong? What happened to your face?"

I tried to touch his cheek, but he moved my hand back down. He clenched his jaw and didn't say anything.

"Jahmir are you going to tell me what happened?"

"What do you want?" Even his tone was blank. Clearly there's something wrong but he isn't going to say what it is. He does this all the time. The only way he'll speak on what's wrong is if he absolutely has to. The only way he feels like he has to, is if someone else would hurt from it.

"Mikayla has been missing since yesterday morning. I was wondering if you have heard from her."

I looked at my phone to see that Zay replied to me.

Zaiden: shit my bad. I didn't know. But I still haven't seen her. Imma ask my homies if they seen her.

Me: cool, let me know.

"No."

"What?" I glanced back up. I expected him to still be standing there, but he was sitting on the sofa. Just... staring blankly ahead.

I came in and shut the door behind me. I wish Jahmir would tell me what's wrong with him. He is acting so strange.

"No. As in no, I don't know where she is. Last time I heard from her, she was asking me about her Spanish homework. That was Friday before we left school."

Her?! School work?! On a Friday?! Wow, I'm surprised she would even bother. No I'm not being funny towards her. Even I don't do my homework on Friday though.

"Well do you think you could call her? She hasn't answered to any of my calls. She won't answer mom or dad. I highly doubt she would answer her ex."

He tried calling her multiple times, but she wouldn't even answer him.

"Well, thank you for trying." I sighed, disappointedly.

"Yep."

"Jahmir seriously. Are you okay? You know you can tell me anything."

He stood up and walked me over to the door. "I'm tired. That's what's wrong."

"Oh, well you should probably call it a night then." I briefly hugged him. "See you at school tomorrow."

After that, I left. Hopefully he will be in a better mood tomorrow. Now I'm off to attempt to find my sister. I just hope she is out of harm's way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 12.2K 60
Meet Kayla she is smart very beautiful and a more nerdy type of girl, she just moved to Brooklyn from Florida. After her mom died she has been throug...
4.5K 474 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
807 3 28
Elizah Mason was your normal teenager she had black hair and intense blue eyes. Hung out with friends, was a little sassy and loved her family more t...
1.3K 88 30
Jasmin has moved from Miami to Chicago, which is an amazing, but dangerous place. She's innocent, but definitely knows her worth. Jasmin has been thr...