Kendra

By StephenJennisonSmith

Dark he was and olive eyed. Fierce as the sun and white as the moon. He led an army of 10,000 men all trained... More

Kendra - The Beginning
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Where to find me
Kendra (Flash Fiction)
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19

Part 40

148 3 0
By StephenJennisonSmith

She blushed, “I am already betrothed, to Nimen, one of the stable lads.”

“What is a stable lad?”

Again she looked at him quizzically, “Where did you used to live, on top of a mountain?”

“Sort of,” he blurted as a pig pushed itself against his lets.

“A stable lad is someone who looks after the King’s horses. Do you know what a horse is?” She cocked her head slightly and looked at him as if he were dumb in some way.

“No!”

Once she had got over the shock she led him out of the pen, “Then we shall visit my betrothed, and you can make the acquaintance of a horse.”

The smell changed as they neared the stables, no longer of swine dung but now of horse manure. Piles of manure steamed in the sun. After walking past three stalls she stopped at the fourth. There was a lad, brushing a horse with hay, bending over near its back legs.

“Nimen,” she called.

Looking up the lad looked confused, “Neeka?” then, after seeing Chelnuk asked, “Who is this then?”

“This is Chelnuk, Kendra the mighty man’s son.”

“How do you fair Chelnuk?” Nimen asked.

“Well thank you,” Chelnuk replied.

“So you’ve come to see my horse? Her name is Lady and she is a pretty thing.”

“She looks magnificent,” marvelled Chelnuk as he walked around her.

“He has never seen a horse before,” said Neeka.

“What, never seen a horse, Next you’ll be telling me he lives in a mountain!”

“Well, sort of,” she replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76 2 1
The war for Earth and its inhabitants was a prolonged and violent conflict that lasted for years. The battle was fought between the forces of good an...
730 25 17
Angel woke up, only to be told he was now a free wondering soul. (Immensely Cringey and a gag story)
The Falling By Kat

Teen Fiction

678 33 12
Bang! Bang! My tired knees buckle and slam together as I roll down the steep, narrow ramp like thunder as clumsily as a frail old woman. Sweat stream...
436 26 11
"There were Nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children...