Riches to Rags (Completed)

By Kiki_21

Zariah McKnight started in the entertainment business at a young age as an actress, now in her early 20's she... More

Zariah
.1.
.2.
author note.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
author note.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
A Word From Kiki...
23.
24.
25.
Characters Q&A
26.
Q&A p.II
27.
28.
29.
30.
Rhyon
Living Single
Sequel?
A story to tell
Please Check it Out!
🚨New story Alert
Part 2?
Choose the next story
Good Meet Bad
Story Promo
Good Meets Bad

.9.

2.4K 145 107
By Kiki_21

AMIRAH  ( Zariah's mother)

I stood in front of the door waiting for my sister to come and open the door for me, as I waited for her to open the door I checked my phone for the hundredth time to see if i had received a text or call from Zariah. 

Nothing..

"Who is it?" My sister, Elaine called out.

"Its me Amirah." 

I watched her through the glass door as she walked toward me rolling her eyes before she unlocked and opened the door. "What do you want?" She sighed, leaning against the door frame.

"Zariah and I are at it, she dropped me off over here I dont have anywhere else to go." I told her as she chuckled, shaking her head walking away from the door.

"So what you do?" Elaine asked as I followed  behind her toward her kitchen sitting on the chair in front of the bar table.

"Why do you think it was me?" I asked.

She stopped stirring whatever was in the pot and looked at me. "Girl boo you can fool yourself but you can not fool me. I am yo older sister and I know you. I grew up with you I know how you are."

"How am I?

"You're very Bossy you always want to control something or somebody. You been like this since we were kids you get that dumb shit from mama."

"Well this time its Zariah, its like she's changing. I try to help her tell her what she needs to know. I know whats good for my daughter. I try to tell her what she needs to know shes only 20 she doesn't know what she wants in life, then on top of that she hired this new body guard name Trevante he took Brian place since his wife is sick. I think he has something to do with Zariah acting so different. Before him everything was fine and now its like he messing with her mind or something E." I told her grabbing the glass of wine she gave me, sitting next to me.

"Amirah, I know you sis you might not like what im about to say but you know im blunt and i can give a freak on what you or anybody else say so sit back and let what I say bless you."

"Sis you bossy as hell and that shit is annoying thats why nobody wanna be around you. You think you know every damn thing and you dont sit back and let somebody else show you something. My niece is not that little girl she use to be when she first started this hollywood business. she is a grown ass woman now  you need to see that before you mess up the relationship between yall even more. Let her go let her make her own damn decisions she might now make the the best decsisions but you live and you learn, its life we all make dumb decisions and now you gotta let her learn for her self. Stop being the manager and be that girls mother,I see how you do her when its just us so I can imagine how she feels when its every day. You treat her like a business client instead of a daughter. What im saying is be there for her show her you love her... Ight Can you handle that?"

I felt my eyes begin to water up. "I dont know how to be a mother E I didnt know what I was doing when I got pregnant her. I was young myself. When I got the chance to put her in the limelight I took it  they bascially raised her I didnt do much but book her things and be " a manager" and now that I see how I was I regret that I wanna be a better mother." I cried.

"Well Mirah, just change how you been stop being her manager be her mother you can still be her manager just know the difference from the two, know when to be her mother and when to be her manager and stop all this damn crying. I thought you was tough and never cried or had emotions now  look at you." Elaine joked.

"Shut up and stir your food before it burns." I laughed wiping my face.

"Oh shit see messing with you now im burning up dinner." She complained walking quickly toward the stove.

"Love you too." i smiled sipping the wine.

Riches
.
.
.
2
.
.
Rags

Zariah

I woke up to the sun shinning brightly thru the curtains causing my head to feel like it was spinning.

Rubbing the blur from my eyes I looked around the unfamiliar room the  room had dark brown walls with pictures of half naked women hanging over old school cars and motorcycles. I stood up confused on where I was.

Opening the bedroom  door I made my way down the hallway, following the smell which lead me toward the kitchen.

I smiled leaning against the doorway watching  Tre whose  back was toward me dancing as he stood in front of the stove.

I bit my lip looking as his muscles as they flexed he wore grey  'Nike' basketball shorts and a black wife beater he nodded his head to 'WE WANT EAZY" playing from his phone.

"Good morning." I smiled as he glanced back toward me giving me a bright smile. "Good morning, how you sleep?"

"Like a baby." I chuckled. "What happened last night?" 

"Well you and my sister got drunk , I was a little buzzed and I had a little smoke. I didnt wanna drive across town like I was so I just brought you to my house since i only lived a couple blocks away. I hope you dont mind my sister helped you change into one of my Tee's so thats how you got into that. I slept on the couch  no nothing happened didn't  want you to think anything like that   im not like that."

"Really?" I gasped covering my mouth.

"Yeah." he chuckled. "You get touchy when you drunk." He smirked.

"Oh my gosh, really? I am so sorry I never been drunk before." I said, covering my face with my hands.

"Its coo." He smiled, removing my hands. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

"I really did haven't had that much fun in... ever. I chuckled. "Thank You."

"For what?" he asked, sitting a plate in front of me.

"For inviting me, i really had a great time i needed something like that it helped me to get my mind off my life for a moment so thank you for that." 

"No problem, im glad you had a good time and see you were worried about being in my neighborhood,I told you i had you i wasnt going to let anything happen to you.

"Thank, and your sister is hilarious." I laughed remembering a little of  lastnight.

"She is something else thats for sure." he said, shaking his head.

I smiled at my plate. Sausage links, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and turkey bacon. "So you made this?" I asked placing a forkful of eggs in my mouth.

"Yeah,unlike you I dont have a cook or maids gotta do everything myself." he chuckled biting into his piece of bacon.

"oh yeah, right." I nodded. The room fell silent beside the sound of smacking and forks hitting the plate and NWA playing 

"Cruising down the street in my '64." I rapped along as I sipped on my orange juice.

"What you know bout NWA?" Tre chuckled.

"Boy what you mean? dont sleep on me I know a little somethin somethin." I said as he laughed.

"Hm well okay then." He smiled.

"Back when i was younger, before my daddy and mom split up my dad use to blast all the oldies from NWA to Zapp and Roger and everything in between. I love  old school music from temptations to Usher and all in between. I'm a old soul
In a young body." I laughed. "But thats when Life was good then." I sighed looking out the window at the clear blue sky.

"I know what you mean my mama would blast Whitney Houston, Chaka Khan,  Aretha Franklin and Prince I use to love waking up to that type of music when i was a kid. I would wake up happy, feeling safe I just knew my day would be good even if I knew  that was "clean the house music." he laughed. 

"I really miss those days when life was better and you were innocent without a care in the world." he continued as his eyes became glossy.

I slid my hand across the table grabbing his,he looked up from my hands into my eyes. Just by the way he talked and how he appeared I could tell he had a story to tell and i wanted to know. Over the past few weeks of knowing him i've started becoming more interested in him.

"Can you tell me about you... I wanna know about your life."

My eyes followed as he stood up  grabbing our empty dishes.   "You really dont wanna know." he said, placing the dishes in the sink running water.

I stood next to him placing my back against the counter. " I do i wanna know all about you." I said softly placing my hand on top of his arm stopping him from washing dishes.

He glanced at me by the look in his eyes i knew he had something to say  and I was very intrested to hear. I followed behind him like a lost puppy  walking  into the family room. He sat on the couch and I sat across from him on his chair. The room became silent beside the Ticking sound of the clock as he looked at me.

"Im only tell you because I feel like i can trust you, No one  outside of my siblings know this about me."

"Okay." I nodded getting comfortable in the chair looking up at him.

"I was born as the child of a prostitute.My father was in and out of my life, being that he already had a wife and kids. He was the type to come over late at night when his family was asleep. My mother became a drug addict a bad one and she kept her  "JOB" as a prostitute. She had gotten pregnant with Chris when I was two from a different man then she had Kai two years later from Chris. One day my mother had left the three of us at home by ourselves I guess a neighbor called and told on her so CPS took my brother and sister and I and seperated us. I was taken in by a family who had three sons already so i just knew i would fit in ya know?"  "But thats not how it went. The whole family would abuse me torture me everyday for years until I was 13. My 13th birthday I ran away and thats when I got into the streets. I was in the streets from 13 til 18.  I've been locked up, shot at and   homeless. I was in school but it wasnt a thing for me but i still stayed in it until i graduated. At 18 I found my mother after years of not seeing or talking to her  oneday i ran into her.. literally she looked horrible almost unrecognizable and she still looked like she was high doing the same thing I grew anger towards her i hated my mother for how she did us and left us and how she didnt have a care in the world for us or for her self. I was ashamed of her and to me she was dead. A year or two later I ran into my moms sister Carolyn and her husband Brian who you know. They somehow found my sister and brother had custody over them and took me in. They gave my brother sister and I what we wanted and needed which was love. Their love for me gave me hope to better myself do better and be better and to be a man. Uncle Brian was the father figured that i wanted  needed and longed  for since mine wasnt in my life like he should have been. So thats why i strive to do better not just for me but for my whole family. Even for my mother." Tears rolled down my cheeks as he sat there in a daze as tears fell from his eyes.

"So what happened to your mother?"

"We placed her in a Rehabilitation Center at first she would go in and out waisiting our money we just gave up on her we figured she just gave up on herself, One day she just called me out the blue dont know how she got my number but she called and said that she wants to do better and that she wants to try it again. So we placed her in there and she's been clean for 5 years now." he smiled. "We talked and I forgave her  now thats my ace boon coon." he laughed.

"Aww thats great."

"Yeah." he nodded 

"Thanks for sharing that with me. I know that was probably tough."

"A little. But like I said I trust you so it didnt make it hard and now that i told someone i felt like a large weight fell off my shoulders." he smiled wiping his hand down his face. "See you got me crying like a little girl." He sighed shaking his head.

"Nothing wrong with a man crying i dont see the big deal of it everyone has emotions you still a man once there tears are gone." I shrugged.

"Well this soft mushy shit aint me  i dont get in my feelings unless im listening to Drake or some shit." He said making me laugh.  "Got me crying while Eazy Rappin i think he would disappove this." he chuckled.

A little background on Amirah and TRE...

so what do you think of them now?

ZARIAH?

TRE?

AMIRAH?

Im sure there are errors so please excuse them.

Im a visual person thats why I put up alot of pictures.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 9.7K 107
𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗩𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗦𝘁𝘆𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰...
270 0 18
~M~ ᴾᴵᶜᴷ ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᴴᴱᴬᴰ ᵁᴾ, ᴾᴿᴵᴺᶜᴱˢˢ. ᵞᴼᵁᴿ ᵀᴵᴬᴿᴬ ᴵˢ ᶠᴬᴸᴸᴵᴺᴳ. тнєяє ωαѕ иσтнιиg αвσυт мιяαи∂α тнαт мα∂є нєя ωαит тσ кєєρ ℓινιиg. But then her life was t...
201K 8.6K 30
he was an autistic man who was in love with his precious flower. [interracial] © BookOfBandz 2017 started : (june 9th, 2017) finished : (june 20th...
272K 14.2K 42
𝚂𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 "𝙰𝙶𝙰𝙸𝙽." - Follow Zavon and Jaelyn on their engaged life journey as they most likely settle for fame. **Please read "AGAIN"...