The Usual... A Max Schneider...

By theundisclosedgirl

Symphony Andrews leads a relatively quiet life... She co-owns a small yet popular coffee shop with her dad, w... More

Prologue: The First Time in a Long Time
Chapter One: Star Gazing
Chapter Two: Rolling Thunder
Chapter Three: Opportunity
Chapter Four: Late at Night
Chapter Five: Figuring it Out
Chapter Six: Gentleman
Chapter Seven: Cliche but Not
Chapter Eight: Lukewarm
Chapter Nine: Stay
Chapter Ten: Fearful
Chapter Eleven: Rebellion
Chapter Twelve: Without
Chapter Thirteen: Right of Passage
Chapter Fourteen: The Answer
Chapter Fifteen: His Own Drawer
Chapter Sixteen: For His Sake
Chapter Seventeen: How'd that Happen?
Chapter Eighteen: Spoiled
Chapter Nineteen: Cards
Chapter Twenty: Ready
Chapter Twenty-One: Beautiful Mess
Chapter Twenty-Two: Gifting
Chapter Twenty-Three: Keeping Promises
Chapter Twenty-Four: Keeping Time
Chapter Twenty-Five: Wait Up
Chapter Twenty-Six: Lifted
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Relax
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Yours
Chapter Thirty: Trivial
Chapter Thirty-One: Cracked Plaster
Chapter Thirty-Two: Bucket List
Chapter Thirty-Three: Terminal
Chapter Thirty-Four: Coming to Terms
Chapter Thirty-Five: Wandering
Chapter Thirty-Six: Slipping
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Desperate
Chapter Thirty-Eight: It Matters
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Outage
Chapter Forty: Trying
Chapter Forty-One: New Life
Chapter Forty-Two: Loving
Chapter Forty-Three: Nervous
Chapter Forty-Four: Right Now
Chapter Forty-Five: Hitched
Chapter Forty-Six: Reason
Epilogue: Happy Little Family
Bonus: Alternate Plot Chapter

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Right Person

1.8K 22 12
By theundisclosedgirl

~ We are wild, we are like young volcanos ~

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Right Person

"Don't hate me."

"Why would I hate you, Soph?"

My new best friend bit her lip, playing with the camera in her hand as Max watched us. "I didn't mention that this shoot was supposed to involve some more intimate shots."

I laughed a little, and so did Max, causing Sophie to relax a little and Lucas to chuckle. "We're okay with that," Max spoke. "Whatever you need to get the grade, Soph."

She smiled gratefully as she led Max, Lucas, and I further into one of the studios set up for the photography majors. It was only the four of us here, the only sound being the music that constantly rang through the building as we walked, Max's hand in mine and Lucas' arm slung lazily around Sophie's shoulders. I glanced up at my boyfriend and slowly leaned up in my tip toes to kiss his cheek, causing Max to smile and squeeze my hand at the small, affectionate motion. We both wore plain, dark gray, v-neck shirts, and dark jeans, upon Soph's request, and I didn't have a trace of makeup on, upon my boyfriend's request.

"Why do you put that on?" he'd asked me this morning when I'd went to start my foundation. I'd looked back at where he'd been leaning against the door frame, cocking my head.

"Because it hides my hundreds of freckles and I kind of have to in order to put on the rest of my makeup," I'd laughed quietly. Max had frowned, slowly moving to my side and taking the foundation from my hands and setting it back into my makeup bag.

"I hate that it hides your freckles," he'd whispered gently, as he took my chin in his first finger and thumb. "They're too lovely to hide..." he'd bit his lip, tucking my hair behind my ear. "You're too beautiful to cover yourself in a layer of makeup, my sweet Symphony."

I snapped myself back to the moment with him and my friends, smiling gently at the memory. "Okay!" Sophie guided us into a totally white room, with white backdrops and things of the sort all over the place. Various black furniture was spread out, along with the usual photography stuff you'd find in a studio. "So we can start with the easy stuff first," Sophie told us. Max and I nodded, letting her guide us to a place with just the backdrop, nudging us forward.

"Alright," she began. "Let's start with the cheesy stuff and get that out of the way."

Sophie guided Max and I, telling Max to slip his arms around my waist, hugging me close and letting me rest my head on his chest. "Bury your nose in her hair, Max," she spoke, watching as Max did so, closing his eyes and smiling slightly. "Now close your eyes, Simmy," she said, and I did, relaxing into my boyfriend's arms and giggling quietly. "Yes... Stay still."

The soft clicks told me she was taking the pictures, and I held still as Max's thumb traced along my hip. "God, this is perfect," she laughed. "You guys are amazing for this."

I chuckled as I opened my eyes, feeling Max's hands shift to my hips as I lifted my head, my hands falling on his shoulders. "Oh!" Sophie grinned, hiding behind her camera again, adjusting her lens. "Don't move; that's cute. Just look at me and smile."

Max and I did as she asked, laughing quietly as she snapped a couple pictures. "Awesome," she smiled, and I noted how love struck Lucas looked as he watched his girlfriend do what she loved to do. "Okay, let's do some of the different ones that we don't need props for..." Soph paused, chewing on her lip thoughtfully. "Uh, Max lay down on your back for me."

My boyfriend squeezed my hip, slowly lowering to the floor and laying back, watching me lovingly as Sophie looked at me. "Do either of you know how to do the airplane thing?"

I giggled and nodded, and Max chuckled, doing the same. "Great!" she laughed. "Can we do that?"

Max lifted his feet in response, making me grin childishly as he raised his hands. "C'mon, little dove," he smiled. "Come fly with me."

I brushed my hair back, slowly walking against his feet so they pressed into the front of my hips. I laced both of my hands with his, tightening my core as Max grinned, his arms flexing slightly as he locked his elbows. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded a little, leaning forward a little bit more as he brought me up, supported by his arms and legs. Max looked up at me lovingly, watching as I laughed lightly, straightening my legs.

"I love this," Sophie said. "Look at each other and be in love."

I laughed again, feeling Max squeeze my hands. "A real angel," he mused quietly. "My angel..."

I giggled, hearing Sophie tell my boyfriend that he could let me down. Max set me on my feet, making me smile as I helped him to his feet. Soph turned to Lucas, setting her free hand on his shoulder and kissing his cheek. "You love me?" she asked. Lucas nodded, his hand finding her back.

"Of course, baby girl," he whispered, kissing her forehead. "Whatcha need, Soph?"

Sophie blushed a little. "Coffee from downstairs?" she spoke. Lucas just smiled, kissing her lightly, before nodding at us.

"I'll be back in a few minutes guys," Lucas said, turning. "Watch your hands with my best friend, Schneider."

Max laughed. "I can only try, Lucas," he said. My best friend gave a dry, teasing chuckle, making me smile as he walked from the room. Sophie waited until he was gone, before grabbing Max and I and dragging us into another corner, where a pristinely made wrought-iron bed sat.

"We need to do this before Lucas comes back," she prefaced. "He's super protective of Simmy, and I don't think he'd react well with what I'm about to ask."

Max and I exchanged a look and furrowed our eyebrows. "It's nothing terrible," she quickly assured us. "It's just... a little more intimate."

Max and I exchanged another look, before nodding slowly, allowing her to maneuver us whatever way she wanted. "Okay, lay down on the bed, Max," she instructed, before pausing as he did what she asked. "Good. Now I know this sounds weird," she chewed on her lip, thinking. "But, Symphony, straddle his waist."

I immediately began to blush, and Max grinned like an idiot. I crawled towards him, slowly doing as she asked and setting a knee on either side of his hips. "Max, set your hands on Symphony's hips and pull her towards you."

Max smirked as he quickly jerked me towards him, making my hands fly out to catch myself on the pillow on either side of his head. He chuckled, noting my flushed cheeks. "Yes, exactly like that," Sophie smiled. "Don't be embarrassed, Simmy, act like you love your boyfriend," she teased me as she began snapping pictures.

"Yeah," Max spoke, playfully. "Act like you love me."

I stuck my tongue out at him, causing Max to snap his teeth at me. I laughed at our playful nature, kissing his nose. "Wait!" Soph said for a moment. "Okay, one last thing in this position, and then everything else is less weird."

Max and I nodded, looking at Sophie. "Kiss your girlfriend, Max," she told my boyfriend, before looking at me. "And pay me no mind; lose yourself, like you would in any other kiss."

Max grinned, taking my chin in his fingers and laughing slowly. "You don't have to tell me twice," he assured, before melting his lips against mine, slowly. I felt his gentle love encase me on all sides, felt him lovingly hold me closer as he kicked his knee up, his hand pressing against my back and rubbing small circles just beneath my shirt on my skin. His touch was toxic, and I couldn't help the small smile that tugged at the corners of my mouth as my boyfriend kissed me, soft shutter noises going on in the background while Sophie took pictures. I giggled as we broke away, feeling Max nuzzling his nose against mine.

"This is cute," Sophie mused, checking some of her shots. "You guys can move, now."

I fell beside Max, but he grabbed me, making me squeal as his arms slid around my waist, pressing my back against his chest. "And just where do you think you're going, cutie?" he asked, grinning. I giggled childishly, squirming dorkishly beneath my boyfriend as he pinned me. "You're lovely," Max grinned, shifting me onto my back and lightly kissing my cheek. "Stunningly beautiful, baby."

I giggled again, tangling my fingers in Max's curls and watching him smile gently, his eyes lost in love as he looked down at me, peppering sweet kisses all over my face. Tiny bouts of laughter trickled through the room as Max loved me gently, reveling quietly in my playful movements and whispers, biting my lip.

"I love you..." Max murmured, resting his forehead against mine and closing his eyes. I stared at him, felt adoration materialize on my face as I held the nape of his neck.

"I love you too, baby," I whispered. Max sighed quietly, slowly sitting up and pulling me with him. He glanced at Sophie, and I had to admit that I'd kind of forgotten that she was in the room.

"Cute enough for your project?" I smiled, asking my best friend. Sophie nodded, watching as Max tucked my bangs behind my ear and kissed my cheek,

"You guys are perfect for this," she told us, smiling. "You can see the love, and it's real and beautiful and so amazing it's almost tangible."

The edge of Max's perfect mouth curled up into a small smile as he pulled me slowly into his lap. His arms twisted around my body as he held me lovingly, squeezing my hip. Sophie laughed. "Maybe I should just have you guys pose yourselves," she told us, bringing her camera to her face. "Everything you do is gold for this assignment."

I smiled, letting Max cuddle me closer as I kissed his jaw. "Well, I walked into a love fest," Lucas' voice came through the room. I smiled slightly as Max and I looked towards where he walked slowly over to his girlfriend, holding a coffee cup in his hand and offering it to her, along with a soft kiss to her temple. My heart melted at the way my best friend smiled when he put his hand on Sophie's waist, the way his eyes lit up when she giggled at him. Max chuckled at my reaction, watching me grin at Sophie and Lucas.

Lucas looked at me, smiling. "What're you cheesing at, Simmy?" he asked, holding Sophie close. I just shook my head, the grin never leaving my face.

"Nothing," I assured. "I just never thought I'd see my best friend so in love like you are."

Lucas blushed quietly, and so did Sophie, making me giggle quietly as I cocked my head at them. "It's sweet," I assured. "I'd always hoped you'd fall like you have; I just didn't know if I'd ever see it like this."

Lucas chuckled, kissing his girlfriend's hair. "I guess the right person can make you do anything," he said, his striking blue eyes sparkling lightly. Sophie bit her lip, and Max kissed my shoulder slowly.

"I know the feeling," he whispered.

* * * * *

I looked up from my sheet music about a week and a half later, watching Max come into the living room and drop his gym bag. His skin shone with sweat, and he quickly tossed his shirt across the room and flicked his hair out of his face.

I smiled. "Hi," I laughed, watching Max grin. He trotted over to where I sat in my huge armchair, straddling my waist and grabbing onto the collar of my shirt. He crashed my lips to his, making me take a sharp inhale of breath as he tilted my head up and towards him as he firmly slid his tongue in his mouth.

"Hi," he managed, pulling away breathlessly as his hand moved to grasp the nape of my neck. He quickly moved my sheet music away and to the floor beside the chair, returning to face me quickly. I was trapped between his grip and where his other arm leaned on the back of the chair on my other side, and the way he towered over me paired with the sexy way he smirked down at me with his chest bare and small beads of sweat all along his body had me feeling some kind of way.

"You're awful pretty," Max smiled, moving to whisper in my ear, his teeth against my skin. My eyes fluttered closed as his thumb grazed the pulse point on my neck, biting my lip and feeling him kissing at my throat. His body was pushing against mine, roughly, heatedly, and I mentally noted that I'd have to make sure I was home more often when Max gets back from the gym.

"Someone's got some unused energy..." I laughed lightly, my hand running along his side. Max grinned against my skin, nibbling gently and making me stifle a groan.

"I saved it for you," Max rumbled, leaning down beside the chair and pulling the lever, reclining the back, leaning us back and making me laugh, his smile wild and loving as he returned to my lips.

"Lucky me," I murmured against his kiss. Max chuckled, lifting my hips to slot with his and making me let out a small, quiet moan in response. I felt myself long for him, for as much skin to skin contact possible, noticing he was fingering the bottom of my shirt.

"Off," he grinned, sliding it over my head and biting his lip, leaving me in a tank top as his hands slid beneath the fabric. "I thought maybe a change from the bedroom would be... Fun."

I moaned softly as his fingers ran along my warm skin. "I was thinking about it at the gym, which is kind of why I pounced on you when I walked in..." he continued. "I kinda turned myself on thinking about making love to you in this chair."

I felt his finger hook into the hip of my jeans, gasping quietly at the feeling. Max moaned this time, pressing his attention to matters like my neck and ear. "So I left the gym early," he finished. "I can't efficiently work out when I've got an image of you and me in this chair like that, can I?"

I giggled against his warm touch, his caressing breath. "I suppose not," I smiled, tracing the toned and defined muscles on his back and arms. Shivers rippled along Max's skin, goosebumps rising under my finger tips as Max let out a long, hot breath into my ear, his body shuddering under my touch.

"You're beautiful," he told me gently, kissing the skin below my ear and making me latch to his body. Max smiled. "I hear the elephant calling for me..."

I closed my eyes, tilting my head back as I bit hard on my lip. "He's missed you," I moaned, feeling him tugging gently at my waistband, pulling my jeans just low enough that he could trace the whole shape of the tattoo. "It's been a bit."

Max grinned against my neck, before moaning as my hand ran slowly down his shoulder to the small of his back. "Let's fix that," he growled, his voice low.

One of the best things about making love to Max was the after-sex cuddling; Max would pull me close and his fingers would graze my warm and slightly sweaty skin beneath our covers, and he'd leave small kisses on my ear and my jaw. He'd whisper sweet nothings into my hair and sing softly and tell me how much he loved me and wanted to keep me safe in his tender embrace. There was no one who made me feel as loved as my brown eyed boy did after he'd spent time making genuine love to me.

"My little dove..." he murmured slowly, his finger tips running along my shoulder. A small smile was present on his face, and I giggled quietly. "Such a sweet Symphony."

I chuckled. "You're so dorky after we've just made love."

Max grinned. "Loving," he corrected. "I want to assure you that I don't want this relationship just for that. I don't want you to think that's all I care about..." he paused. "Especially since we've been having so much sex lately."

I smiled a little. "I don't think that," I assured him. "Besides, I'd tell you if I wasn't in the mood," I promised quietly. "Part of the reason we do it so often is because we're young and horny and love is weird like that."

Max laughed lightly. "I suppose," he spoke. "But I really do love you with all my heart and soul, and I want you to know that."

I smiled. "I do," I whispered, kissing his cheek. "And I love you more, baby."

Max grinned, gently pushing my hair behind my face. "I hate to break this to you, cutie," he laughed. "But that isn't possible."

I giggled. "But baby I think it is," I laughed, feeling his hand pressing into my bare back, beckoning me closer. "You're sweet."

Max kissed my nose. "Lovely," he murmured, chuckling. "There's no way you love me more than I love you; I feel more love for you than there are drops of water in the oceans. I feel more love for you than there are gains of sand across the longest beaches. I feel more love for you than there are leaves in the greenest leaves, than there are melodies in the universe..." Max kissed me slowly. "I keep thinking that it's impossible to love a person more, but then you prove me wrong by making me fall even more hopelessly in love with you... And I'm loving every single moment I get to call you my sweet guardian angel."

I'd felt my cheeks flushing as he'd confessed all these things, and he smiled as he ran his fingers across my jaw. "I love you too," I told him simply, kissing his cheek. Max smiled, squeezing my bare hip.

"I know, cutie," he assured me gently. "I'm blessed for it."

We sat in gentle, soft silence for a few minutes, just watching each other, before Max sighed. "I guess I need to go get a shower and get ready to be on set later."

I frowned. "Probably," I agreed, kissing his shoulder. "But hey; at least you'll be in a good mood."

Max laughed wholly. "That I will, baby," he told me. I chuckled, leaning down beside the chair and grabbing Max's boxers, sliding them on along with my tank top. He chuckled lightly, watching me stand and lightly peck his temple.

"And what am I supposed to wear?" he laughed. I tossed him his sweatpants in response, making him grin.

"You look sexy in my boxers, by the way," he called after me as I walked slowly into our kitchen. I giggled, winking and biting my lip as I turned to make myself a cup of coffee. Max put his sweats on and ran after me, kissing my cheek. "I'll be back in twenty."

I nodded, feeling him kiss my cheek again before dashing off. I rolled my eyes lovingly at him, before my phone started ringing. I sighed, slowly walking over to it and noting the caller ID, before answering it.

"Hey, Soph," I greeted, moving back towards the kitchen. She was quiet for a moment, before she spoke.

"H-Hi," she spoke, her voice small. "Can I just start this out by reiterating that I'm in love with your best friend?"

I chuckled. "I suppose," I said. "What d'ya need, sweetheart?"

There was a long, slow pause while I listened to Soph take slow breaths. She didn't speak for a few minutes, which alerted me that something was going on.

"I need your help," she finally spoke, and her tone was hopeless. "Like, desperately."

I nodded instantly. "Anything," I assured. "Just say the word and you've got whatever you need."

Sophie sniffled. "Is Max there?"

I glanced towards the hallway that led to where my boyfriend was showering. "Yeah," I said. "But he'll be leaving in like, half an hour," I paused. "What do you need?" I asked again.

Sophie let out a long breath. "I need..." her voice broke. "I need a p-pregnancy test, Simmy."

I sucked in a quiet breath. "I can't get it and do it here without Lucas noticing it and I just got done moving in with him and I just don't know what to do and--"

I tried to make myself process what was going on. I knew Sophie was moving in with Lucas, but... pregnancy... My best friend had always been so careful.

Sophie was crying by now and I was almost in full panic mode. "Shhh," I whispered. "It's okay, sweetheart," I assured. "Max leaves in ten minutes; I'm gonna drop him off at work, and I'll pick up a test on my way back. Then you can come down here and we can do it here, okay?"

Sophie was quiet. "You're the best, Symphony," she murmured quietly. "I have no idea what I'd do without you."

I smiled slowly. "It's alright," I said. "I'm gonna go urge Max to move a little bit faster. I'll call you when I get back."

Soph sniffled. "Okay," she said. "Thank you so much..."

I nodded, telling her bye and then quickly hanging up, jogging back into my bedroom. Max was still in the shower, making me sighed quietly.

"Baby?" I spoke, pushing the door open to the bathroom. "You almost done?"

The water shut off just as I spoke. "Just finished," he told me. "Can you toss me my towel?"

I nodded, though he couldn't see it, grabbing the towel he'd set out for himself and throwing it over to shower rod. "Thank you, lovely," he said, and after a moment he opened the mostly opaque shower door, the towel wrapped loosely around his hips. "Whatcha need, my sweet Symphony?"

I felt my heart thump an extra beat at what he called me, but ignored it for the moment. "I just wanted to see if you were about ready," I responded. "I was wondering if I could drop you off at work," I said. "I kind of need the car."

Max smiled easily and nodded, walking over and kissing my forehead. "Of course, little dove," he told me. "I'll be done just as soon as I can brush my teeth and get dressed."

I nodded, biting the inside my cheek for a moment, before leaning up and kissing his cheek. "I love you," I told him honestly. Max chuckled, squeezing my shoulder.

"I love you too," he told me. "Now get out," he teased, lightly nudging me towards the door. "You wearing my boxers and me only having on a towel could be a very toxic combination."

I giggled, momentarily forgetting about the problem at hand, nodding slightly as I walked back into our room, closing the door behind me. I was reminded of the situation as I looked at my phone, quickly changing and putting on a pair of shoes, waiting for my boyfriend.

When he was out, I practically pushed him out the door and down to his car. I could tell he knew something was going on, but I just shook my head each time he gave me that look that asked what was wrong.

"Don't worry about it," I assured Max, trying my best to smile as we pulled into the studio. "I just need to pick something up..." I paused, leaning over and kissing him for a slow moment. "I love you," I whispered.

Max smiled slightly. "I love you too, Simmy."

He slowly got out, jogging up to the door, and I only made sure he got safe inside before I tore back out. I was at Walgreen in minutes, and, despite the ugly look I got from the cashier, bought two pregnancy tests. I sent a text to Sophie telling her to meet me by my apartment door in ten minutes, and then I was heading back to my place. I got more worried every minute.

I took a deep breath.

_________________________________________________

LMAO FOR SHITTY UPDATES

I just got back from my first day at my new job and I'm so effing tired, guys.

Also, bear with me when it comes to the plot; this is going somewhere, I promise.

But I love you :3

So much.

-Casey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 3 2
Emmeranne Quintus, A not so ordinary but looks it on the outside recently turned Eighteen year old girl, With lots of child trauma and daddy issues...
1.8K 56 35
(Inspired by my own life story, well not completely) Senior year of high school is already starting off well for Tanner Gray, he's got his whole life...
1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
521 14 17
A teen fiction romance novel with a twist. Read to see what happens when fate brings these two total opposites together. Sophie Maxwell, the girl t...