The Prophecy

By naisuw

Kadie goes rogue after being rejected, until she finds a life for herself in a Pack she was led to by Fate, n... More

The Prophecy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Just a note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Note
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 27

4.2K 170 6
By naisuw

Chapter 27

Hey guys the battle should be next chapter, I hope you enjoy this one, I tried to fill in and answer some of the questions I felt had risen when reading everything over, if you have some unanswered questions just let me know and I will answer it as best as I can.

Enjoy

Nai. X

The next couple of weeks flew by quickly, we had settled into a fairly simple routine, with training being the main focus for the packs, we video-conferenced with the other Alpha’s often, and had seemed to strike up an easy camaraderie with them, by having a focused and common goal, the Alphas seemed to have developed a silent respect for me, something both me and Nia revelled in, although I wasn’t comfortable with compliments, I could see for myself how far I had come, and becoming Luna of the pack, had seen me develop and grow into myself, both me and Sky were still young, both in our early twenties, and the strength and decisions that we had been making show that we are a good Alpha pair, some Alpha’s take time to develop the  connection with their pack, and make informed decisions but we had taken it on our chin, and it seemed to come naturally.

I was happy, because Grey was coming back today he said he had a few things to talk to me about, I was just thrilled I got to see him again, I liked being Luna of the pack but with that came the hierarchy, and everyone treated me with reverence, whereas with Grey he treated me my age, a father talking to their child, I relished the time we spent together, because it felt like a normal relationship. Things between Sky and I had been great, the separation between us had shown that it wasn’t healthy to act separately we were an Alpha couple therefore decisions had to be made as one. The funny thing about us was that most Alpha couples have a more dominant force in the duo, namely the Alpha, but with us things were purely equal we balanced each other perfectly, and on top of that Sky didn’t feel the need to dominate and prove ownership he liked me for me, and didn’t feel the need to make any appearances for others. The pack seemed to appreciate and respect the direction that we brought, and the displays of affection that consumed us on occasion, it was humorous how many times we were caught making out, when we happened to encounter one another around the pack house.

I was sitting outside the packhouse for a brief moment of relaxation when I heard a car pull up, smiling I went and saw Grey just getting out of the car, I ran over and gave him a hug, surprising him. Bear in mind the depth of my affection sprung up and solidified in a short amount of time, because of my lack of good relationships. He probably thought I was slightly loony, he patted my back affectionately, behind us I heard the door open and Charlie and Amie-Lynne came out, they both greeted Grey and we all went in the Packhouse and got him settled.

That evening after dinner, I went in search of Grey, I was eager to hear if he had found a way around this battle, I had butterflies in my stomach and I chuckled slightly, it was only now that I realised just how much this battle was getting to me and how much hope I had laid on this alternative idea for the rogues. Knocking on his door, I heard him call for me to enter. I saw him sitting on his couch reading over some papers and I went and sat beside him, after he was done he looked up and smiled at me, asking how I was doing I explained everything that had been going on with the pack, and the progress that we had made, “you know Kadie not many people could achieve all that you have, you should be happy, I know your parents would be” he sighed and I looked over at him, a sinking feeling came over me, “ Grey what’s wrong”, he looked at my eyes liking his was assessing me.

“As you know I went to the council and I explained the situation and the Prophecy to them, Iris already knew part of the situation, we looked through the archives and found the initial ruling that had been passed and tried to understand the reasoning behind it, Kadie I’m so sorry but there really is nothing we can do, the rogues cannot continue to roam around, if their natures did not devolve, making them more wolf we would be able to come up with an alternative, but you have to understand, by allowing them to roam free, we are condoning their actions, not making an effort to put a stop to it, if a rogue attacks another person, because of their nomad like behaviour we wouldn’t know how to hunt that rogue down and hold them responsible for their actions. If a rogue was so far gone in its nature, they could reveal us to the humans, drawing danger to us the safety of our people, lie in this battle and making sure that the rogues submit, realise I said submit and not kill, there will be some deaths, no one will escape unscathed, once they submit I’m sure we could come up with something that could appease them, and make them realise we don’t want to hold them captive, but I don’t see that happening the easy way, there is no way out of this Kadie.” He had a solemn look on his face. I was disappointed I had really wanted to find a way out of this but I shook off the feeling now that I knew that there was no chance of avoidance, all my thought and preparation was going to go into training and strategy, and there was no reprieve to be had. Thanking him I made to leave, he tugged on my hand, “that wasn’t all I wanted to discuss with you, as you know Amie-Lynne is the only family I have got, and my work with the council is coming to an end really soon, I’ve grown fond of your pack and you in general, when I retire I will be pack-less, and I wanted to ask if I could join your pack once I am done” I smiled he actually looked a little nervous, “ of course you can Grey I would be honoured to have you as a member of my pack” I hugged him tightly and left him to rest.

We became more and more focused on the training of the pack members, when the discussion of who could take part came up, obviously all the males would females were given the option but there was no scandal raised should they decide they wanted to sit out, there was a couple of the younger members that had just shifted that wanted to take part but I didn’t want to risk them, they were new to our life and deserved the happiness, that freedom would grant should we win this battle, I did have another job I felt would suit them better giving them a sense of involvement.

The idea came to me after my discussion with Grey, I knew the battle was inevitable but I felt like some of the wolves should be given a chance, those that were not too far gone in their feral nature, there isn’t much that can be done for wolves in an attack far from killing them in defence, but as most know we do have weaknesses, Wolfsbane weakens and puts our wolf to sleep, if there was a way to combine Wolfsbane and a sleeping concoction for their human halves.

Then maybe we could have the younger members high and out of range of the actual battle, shooting the rogues with darts, those that are unconscious, would have a second chance like Grey had proposed, and we could compromise and come up with a possible solution, of course the younger members would need target practice, and those in the pack that had experience in the medical and scientific field were hard at work trying to come up with the right combination for the two substances.

When I proposed my idea to Sky he was happy with the direction, he too was morose at the idea that so many wolves would die, I knew that the numbers the rogues had, had risen and that some of the wolves were newly rogue and had not succumb to the darkness, there was hope for a lot of the rogues out there, we just needed to think strategically.

Because it was my idea I had to teach those members in the pack who didn’t want direct contact with the battle but wanted a helping role, I had updated the other Alphas and they too had wolves that wanted a small part in the battle, those wolves were travelling up and would take part in the target practice, I admit my weapons training falls short when it comes to guns, Grey called in an expert from the council and he would arrive tomorrow, and help with the target practice teaching them about the distance, aim and trajectory according to which way the wind was blowing, all things I had no idea about.

Although I had proposed this route, the battle was still the main focus. We had under a month before it would take place, time was flying by so quickly and I know the stress in the pack was reaching new heights, trying to train everyday as well as spending as much time with your loved ones was putting a strain on all the pack members, especially when reality had settled in and everyone knew what was at risk. Evenings consisted of us and the guys with their mates watching movies or having dinner together, we needed to have some façade of normalcy, grounding us and keeping a strong foundation to fall back on mentally.

The expert certainly knew what he was doing and had arrived at the same time as the new wolves, I took part in the training also wanted to know the strengths and limitations to the task, so I could make a more informed decision when placing the pack members around the territory.

When we weren’t training, I had got the strong members of the packs, who had a background in construction and carpentry to help build lookout posts high in the trees. Making sure that they were high and stable to handle the required weight and easy to hide behind the wall of leaves, so that they wouldn’t attract the attention of the wolves, we had managed to purchase a scent diffuser that would allow them to sit undetected through the battle, until it was safe to come down.

Once the battle erupted there was no moving from the post, I had told Sky that an Alpha command was needed, because I know that these noble members of the pack would see their loved ones and friends in the battle and their protective instincts would rear up and propel them forward into the thick of it, but they would perish and get themselves hurt, they didn’t have the experience need to battle, their job was more important, just as their lives were.  

Sky and I had decided that the Alphas should travel down with their packs, a week before the battle was to happen, so that we were all settled in, and knew the plans and strategies like the back of our hands, in the thick of everything I felt like there were some questions I should have asked the Elders about the battle that hadn’t occurred to me at the time, taking a detour from Sky’s office, I knocked on Edie’s door and waited for her to respond, the door opened and she looked surprised to see me there, I smiled at her and she directed me to come in, I looked around it felt like home, so cosy and lived in, she motioned for me to sit, taking a seat from across me.

“I just wanted to ask you some things about the rogues, and what led them here to this pack in the first place? Why wouldn’t they take the battle somewhere else? I know I should have asked this before but it hadn’t occurred to me” I said sheepishly, she smiled in a motherly way, “you’ve had a lot of other things to contend with dear, I wouldn’t worry too much about it, the rogues know to come here because this is where the battle took place all those years ago, not far from the pack house in a vast clearing, leaving the moon unobstructed from view it will shine bright drawing the wolves and strengthening them in that moment.” I nodded my head in understanding, “do you think what we are doing is right Edie? Sometimes I wonder and the responsibility of those lives in the pack tug at my heart knowing that there will be some casualties” she took my hand.

“My parents died from rogues when I was younger, leaving my brother to raise me, everyone in this pack and those in the surrounding ones, has had some negative impact from the rogues, whether it be through family or friends, the Alphas would not reunite to save us then, but somehow you have done the impossible, the lives that are lost will be cherished for the good that they helped to achieve, do not cry for lives you have yet to lose child trust in yourself and those around you under the guidance of the Moon Goddess.” She patted my hand lightly before releasing it, I embraced her before leaving.

The days when by so quickly with a monotonous routine for all the pack members to follow, centred around training, the other Packs would be arriving in 5 days, meaning that in 12 days we would be ready for battle. As I looked around the packhouse and at all the people I saw roaming, love pulled at my heart. I sent a silent prayer to the Moon Goddess praying that she would watch over us, and protect their lives, with everything that had happened to the poor guidance choices that had been made by Dean as Alpha and also his parents who had failed to protect me as a member, I believed they deserved a better chance at life, a new beginning, especially those like Charlie, Sonny and Danny who had only just found their mates, with everything that came with the battle the last several months hadn’t been easy and I wanted life to be normal for them and especially the pups in the pack, I wanted to be a great aunt for Mikey’s little one and get started on a family of my own, and with the grace bestowed by the Moon Goddess we might just see that life.

As I felt arms wrap around me from behind me and the tingles shooting around my body I leant into the embrace of my mate, hoping that we would make it through this, needing his strength to bolster my own, needing his presence and solidness of mind and soul to know that we would be prepared because as I turned my body to face his own not breaking our embrace, it was these ocean deep blue eyes that I would be coming back to in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 483 11
She never thought that she would find true love. She never thought that she would find happiness in the form of someone that loved her, love the scar...
114K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
12.5K 613 63
"I, Alpha Dylan Langley, Alpha of the waterside pack Reject you, Esme West pack member of waterside west to be my mate and Luna" On Esme's 18th birth...
11M 180K 30
He rejected her, his mate. He didn't want a human as a mate and even though it was quite rare to have one, he beat the odds. A weak little human woul...