The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over

80 6 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over

The beach at the big island where we have been staying was like a new home to both Icka and Lady Gaia. Not so much to Bavo who wanted nothing more that to finish up and head back to Ravenwood. Inpatient as he was with all his complaining for the past two days about wanting to finish up and head back; all his constant pestering was bringing down the spirits of the rest of the group. In the end Diana finally got fed up with it and removed his power of speech for the rest of their mission and grounded him to the island. Speech be gone. He was furious to say the least. It was the funniest thing I ever saw, but had to keep my laughter to myself. The rest of the crew was ecstatic though with the first bit of peace and quiet they have had in well over three weeks.

They decided it was pertinent to stay one extra day just in case the lava would rise up even more in the cavern which it did in the end; proving Bavo to be wrong once again for wanting to rush away... The demon in that cavern was successfully all killed off, just as one had broken through to a tunnel to the surface. None escaped. Well, none that we know of that is. Today is the day that they go in and blow the two remaining tubes that supply the lava to the cavern sealing it off once and for all. After that they just have to monitor it for the rest of the day to make sure it is stopped, and they can all head back to Ravenwood and be finished with this for good.

Icka and Lady Gaia flashed down one last time dropping their charges in the specified places, then flashed back to the beach. I felt the rumble of the explosions going off beneath my feet as they lightly touched the ground. We waited... and waited some more. After a few hours I ghosted down to check the effects of the two tubes that lava had flowed up from, one was properly sealed off, the other wasn't; it still flowed. I ghosted back up to let them know more needed to be done.

“Icka, Lady Gaia. You will both need to go down with another set of charges each, and place them on either side of the second tube.” I pointed on their map to the locations where they needed to place the charges. “Come closer to me so I can change your Goddess Powers to grant you the necessary powers you need to be able to get that low in the mantle.” They gathered around me while I held out my arms to them. I noticed Bavo coming up to me trying to join in. “Not you Bavo, you have done enough now go back, and wait it out, they can handle it on their own.” I shewed him away from the other two. Bavo sulked, but turned, and shuffled off to his shelter by the far end of the beach to hide from the rest of us. “Okay. You are all ready to go in, bring one each and get in, and back out quickly you don't have much time at that dept.” I sent them on their way.

It took several minutes before I felt the rumble, and mere seconds more before both girls arrived back at the beach beside me. We waited another half hour before I went back down to check leaving Diana to shield them from prying eyes here on the beach like we have been doing for the last two weeks. When I got back I was all smiles, the job was finally finished; all that was left to do was sit, and wait to make sure it all held firm, then I could send them back home. I called forth Bavo. “Bavo, come here please.” I waited for him to decided if he was going to respond to my call or not. He finally got up, and ambled over to my side at a very slow pace.

“You want to go home?” I asked. He mumbled something unintelligible then bobbed his head yes. I waved my hand over his head to removed Diana's spell from him then asked again. “Do you want to go back home?”

“Yes please, Goddess of the Earth.” He looked down at the sand at his feet.

“Fine then give me your hands, and I will remove the rest of the Goddess Powers and send you back. Tell no one anything what so ever about this mission or where your sisters are, or when we get back you will loose you powers permanently.” I took his hands and removed everything I gave him, and a little more of his powers then sent him flying back to Ravenwood. He vanished from the beach.

“Where did Bavo go?” Icka asked.

“I sent him home to give us some peace and quiet while we wait and see how things go.” I told her.

“Oh, I guess that is a good thing. He was becoming a real pain. How much longer do you expect we should monitor this for?” Lady Gaia asked as she walked up to the group of us to check in.

“I figure no more than a few days at the most.” I glided over to Diana to settled down with her. We all rested peacefully for the rest of the day. The next two day I check the tubes they held fine so on the third day with no further problems I removed their Goddess Powers and ghosted them both back to Ravenwood.

“About God Damn Time you get my people back here! Just where in the hell did you take them? I demand answers?” The Queen shouted at me as we arrived in the sitting room of Ravenwood Manor. I waved my hand at her, and she shut up immediately just the way Bavo did when Diana did it to him. I glided off with the two girls taking them up to their rooms so they could relax putting them into a deep sleeping trance. Then ghosted back down to the sitting room. The Queen was waving her arms, and hands around herself animatedly, it was the site to see.

'Quiet down Queen, and I will release you!' I shouted into her mind to get over her ranting. She stopped the movement, and her lips stopped moving, so I waved my arm in her direction to release her from the spell. “Now, if you can talk respectfully I will allow you to speak to me. If not I will permanent remove you ability to speak. Do I make my self clear?”

“Clear.” it was the only word she spoke.

“Now. What were you ranting about when we came in?” I saw her eyes go a bright shade of red before her shoulders slumped a bit. She caught herself.

“Where did you take my team? They have been off my scope for the past four weeks now with no way of getting in touch with them? I want to know why you feel fit to come in here, and just take them anywhere you see fit with no permission from me. These are my people not yours!” She started to raise her voice so I raise my hand toward her; she stopped talking to regroup herself. “You Goddess' are all alike, once you feel the power you think we all have to bow down to you. Well, I refuse to bow down ever again! These are my people. They will do what I tell them to, when I tell them to do it! Not you! Do I make myself clear?” She stepped right up in my face, the look of disgust on her face evident. 'Daughter tread lightly you hear.' Mother whispered into my head. 'Yes mother, I hear you.' I pointed my index finger at the Queen, and then at the corner of the room toward the ceiling, and she flew up to that point. “Put me down this inst.. ant...” I cut off her voice also.

“Now it is time you listen to me, and listen good. Your team, your people as you call them were with me on a secret mission that your King knew of... was well aware that it was vital to the safety to the team, and the world as you know it. They have spent these last few weeks ending the problems you and your other teams that came after you couldn't do. Your little world is finally safe, no thanks to all your interfering.” I flitted around the room just under the Queen. “If it hadn't been for them doing what they did, in secret mind you, you would still be fighting a loosing battle for the rest of your worthless lives.” I released the Queen she fell straight down with a thud. I glided away from her out to the lake leaving poor Diana inside. I glided over the waters surface, and all around it, the nerve of that woman. 'Be calm my daughter. All is well. You did good. Your time has come.' 'My time has come? Mother? I don't understand' 'All will be reviled in due time, Daughter, all in due time.' 'Mother?... Mother?' She was gone.

I ghosted back inside to Diana's side not saying another word. There was only Diana, and the King there. “So all went well I take it?” The King asked Diana.

“Yes, very well in the end. It didn't in the beginning, we have several problems to overcome, and one person was a problem at the end, but I took care of him.” Diana smiled at the King.

“So, Bavo, gave you problems did he?” The King stated, frowning deep in thought.

“Just at the end wanting to hurry up and finish up so he could go home before it was time. But I dealt with him right nicely. Icka and Lady Gaia finished the rest of the work for him instead. It all went well, and The Goddess of the Earth sent him home early for the peace and quiet it gave the rest of the team.”

“I see. Well, I guess we will have to deal with him on that then. When the Queen asked where they had all gone he refused to tell her anything, she got really mad, and sent him down into the dungeons.” The King pointed down; meaning below Ravenwood to the dungeons below. I ghosted down to find him sitting in a cell.

“Hi there, Bavo. Enjoying your stay? I guess you kept your promos to me so let me get you out of there, and give you back your powers. Give me your hands.” I pulled him right threw the bars of the cell as I was giving him back all his powers, and a few new ones he would soon find out about. When he was finally restored I ghosted him back up to his room to change, and told him to flash down to the sitting room as soon as he was done showering and changing. Which he did before the Queen arrived.

“What is he doing back here? I put him in a cell personally?” The Queen demanded answers. I glided over to Bavo's side and wrapped my arm over his shoulder.

“I let him out for doing exactly what I told him to do; which was exactly nothing. Great work, Bavo.” I shook his shoulder then glided away to stand by the King. “He was warned not to jeopardize the mission when I sent him back home, and he did exactly what he was told for the good of the mission. I am proud of him.”

“Well, I am not. He defied a direct order from his Queen. Get back in that cell this instant young man before I have you beheaded!” The Queen screamed out. The Queen flew against the nearest wall slamming into it.

“Now listen here you... you. I strip you from being a Queen forever. You are no Queen, do you hear me?” I turned toward the King. “Find yourself a new Queen before I do something un-Goddess-like, and you don't want to see me do that, ever!” I told the King. I turned back to the Ex-Queen. “You are no longer the Queen of these people You don't know how to be a Queen any longer. They deserve better that you, and they will get better.” I flung her to the floor and glided to, Bavo's side. “You are safe here and back in charge like you were, just remember patience not like back on the island, and you will do well.” I flitted around the room the; Queen stayed on the floor weeping in shame.

“I have to agree with the Goddess on this one. I remove you from your duties as Queen of the High Council, Verena Rosalind Coinín, as granted by the powers as King of the High Council of the ONES. You are here by removed from duties this day 2156, 6, 7 witnesses by the Goddess of the Earth, Goddess Diana, Bavo Sabau, and Wilda Lang. So be it.”

“NOooo!” She screamed out; her pitiful scream died on the wind. It was over and done with for her. I sent her away to a far away island to be alone with her own thoughts for a period of time before she could return to civilization again.

“Where did she go?” I heard Bavo ask.

“Someplace where she could think, and be alone to ponder her misgivings before we bring her back once again. She is safe.” I told them all.

“Will she be back to reign again?” Icka asked.

“No, unfortunately, no she won't, her reign is over and done with. Her ways of thinking are a thing of the past. It is time for someone new take over like your King here. He will do you all justice. Hail to the King.” I said

“Hail to the King.” They repeated. The King bowed his head in response.

It was done. I was done, as was Diana. Our story was over. The King took his rightful place in the High Council, and explained what happened to the Queen he wife. Ex-wife. They moved on from there, and ruled the kingdom well with little to no fighting from then on.

Diana went to live up in the heavens with her mother the Goddess of the Heavens to rule and guide the Supernaturals.

Myself I joined with Mother Nature, and became one with her, together we take care of the Earth and all it encompass. The Oceans, The Lakes, The Air, Fire, All the creatures that abound on my surface. I am one with them all, and they are one with me. I am Goddess of the Earth, of Mother Nature. I was, Valia Sabau in another life; you can call me Mother Earth now.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 865 91
The war has been building and the Hollings and Baptiste Royals are ready. With allies on land air and sea they are capable for a war against the Unit...
1.3K 22 23
The world is more strange than it seems. Among the humans roam the creatures from the Supernatural World: the Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Wi...
226K 8.7K 37
This is a story about rejection, finding love, and friendship. What happens when a teenage girl is rejected and finds a second chance mate? She train...