The Second Chance [Kongpob/Ar...

spectral416 tarafından

Arthit missed his chance to confess to Kongpob on the Rama Bridge, five years ago. Opportunity doesn't come k... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 : A Missed Opportunity
Chapter 2 : Everything Begins and Ends With You
Chapter 3 : Obstacles
Chapter 4: Of Jealousy and Mishaps
Chapter 5 : Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn
Chapter 6 : On a Collision Course to Nowhere
Chapter 7 : We've Only Just Begun
Chapter 8 : Of Unrequited Crushes and Deadly Encounters
Chapter 9 : Sweet Summer Nights and Chilling Morning Blues
Chapter 10 : Peculiar Interrogations and Heated Arguments
Chapter 11 : Sinister Undertones of the Night
Chapter 12 : The Sun-Kissed Moon
Chapter 13 : The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
Chapter 14 : Is It Love, Finally?
Chapter 15 : Be Still, My Bleeding Heart
Chapter 16 : Revelations
Chapter 17 : Bad News Comes to Town
Chapter 18 : A Startling Discovery
Chapter 19 : It's Dangerous Business, Walking Out Your Front Door
Chapter 20 : The Man Behind the Mask
Chapter 21 : Sins of the Son
A/N : Explanation
Chapter 22 : Aftermath
Chapter 24 : The Gentle Giant's Tale
Chapter 25 : The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 26 : Lover's Tiff
Chapter 27 : The Haunting Past
Chapter 28 : Family Ties
Chapter 29 : Initiation
Chapter 30 : Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Chapter 31 : The Fragile Gift of Life
Chapter 32 : Dead on Arrival
Chapter 33 : Unfounded Accusations
Chapter 34 : Love Is A Strange, Mysterious Thing
Chapter 35 : Set The Truth Free
Chapter 36 : Jealous Lovers
Chapter 37 : Girl of Mysterious Sorrow
Chapter 38 : A Crushing Realization
Chapter 39 : Cruel Intentions
Chapter 40 : Love and Misunderstandings
Chapter 41 : Knight in Shining Armour
Chapter 42 : Towards Greener Pastures
Chapter 43 : Night Changes
A/N : Trivia and Tidbits
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [1]
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [2]
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [3]
Translation

Chapter 23 : Right Here, Waiting

6K 416 121
spectral416 tarafından

Arthit was in a terrible mood, he hadn't got a chance to apologize to Kongpob yet. He had come to visit Arthit a few times, once with P'Ran to get his statement. Arthit wasn't able to get time alone with him. He moodily shifted his dinner, he was going to be discharged tomorrow.

"Oon, why don't you come home and stay with us for a while?"

His father made it a point to join him at meal times, he had even warmed up to Kongpob. This evening, they were playing chess. Kongpob's ears perked up when he heard Arthit's father's question.

"Pa, I don't want to travel now -"

"Who will take care of you then? Besides, you haven't been home for a while."

"Pa, my friends -"

"Why do you want to be a burden on your friends? Mai and I will take care of you at home."

Arthit's temper was rising, as was common with most of his interactions with his father. Through gritted teeth, he pushed himself up into a sitting position.

"I'm not going, that's it."

"Why are you being unreasonable? I have to get back, your mother is getting antsy and I can't leave you in this state."

"Pa! -"

Kongpob cleared his throat.

"Uncle, I'll take care of him."

Arthit gaped at him, while his father beamed at Kongpob, patting him on the shoulder. He turned over to Arthit, his face cross, wagging a finger in his face as he scolded.

"You're lucky to have friends like this, Oon. Fine, I'll let you stay here but you must call me everyday - and - in a week's time, when you're better you have to come home, understood?"

Arthit nodded sullenly, his father had the unique ability of making him feel like a child all over again. His ears burned, as he recalled all the embarrassing childhood stories his father had told Kongpob.

"N'Kong - ah! You've cornered me again - Oon, here - look! Help your Pa."

Arthit craned his neck to look at the chess board, frowning. There was no way to avoid a checkmate.

"Sorry, Pa."

***********************************************************************

After helping Arthit settle back in his apartment, his father was all packed up and ready to leave. Knott was helping him with his bags while Kongpob had gone to get him a taxi. Arthit looked around, he felt foreign in his own home. The last memories he had in this apartment were of the fateful day when the brick had come hurtling through the window.

"Ai'Knott, who fixed the window?"

"Oh that, N'Kong got it replaced."

His father cleared his throat, stepping over his bags, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I know you don't want to, but if you change your mind - you know I'd be on the first train to get you home -"

"Yes, Pa."

His father looked around his sparsely decorated apartment, frowning slightly.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you here, didn't you say that they tried to attack you here -"

"Don't worry Uncle, N'Kong stays next door."

His father brightened up immediately.

"Oh, why didn't you say so? Great! I'll have a word with him, make sure he keeps an eye on you."

Arthit groaned, if only his father knew how closely Kongpob kept an eye on him anyway. Knott's cough sounded suspiciously like laughter, Arthit shot him a warning look. Kongpob's head poked in through the door.

"Uncle, the taxi is here."

"Brilliant! N'Kong, I wonder if I could have a word with you?"

Arthit exchanged a look with Knott, who was having a tough time concealing his smile. His father took Kongpob aside probably instructing him to be on the lookout for him. Arthit burned with embarrassment.

"Ai'Knott, stop it. I know exactly what you're thinking."

********************************************************************

Arthit didn't know where to start, now that he had time alone with Kongpob. They were in Arthit's apartment, Kongpob was running his hand over the newly repaired window, a somber expression on his face.

"Kongpob?"

"Yes?"

Arthit hung his head, somehow feeling ashamed. He couldn't understand what was holding him back, he should have told his father the truth. But, somehow the prospect of coming to terms with an identity he would have to live his whole life with frightened him. When he thought about loving Kongpob, it felt so effortless, he had never thought of it as loving a man, it was just him loving Kongpob.

"P'Arthit, I wanted to speak to you about something -"

Arthit panicked, he took in Kongpob's serious expression. Was he going to break up with him?

"Before you say anything, hear me out. Please, Kongpob."

Kongpob gestured for him to continue.

"I - I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell my father about us, for calling you my friend - it's just -"

Arthit breathed a huge gulp of air in, hands shaking.

"-it's just, I'm afraid. I'm not ready to tell my parents, not just yet and I know it's not fair for me to ask you this - but - would you wait for me, wait till I'm ready to come out to my parents?"

Kongpob was silent, and Arthit felt as though his heart would break. He turned his face away, not wanting Kongpob to see his tears. He felt Kongpob's arms around his waist, and his chin propped against his shoulder.

"If it's you, P'Arthit, I'll wait. Please don't take too long."

Arthit turned around in his arms, burying his head in Kongpob's sturdy chest.

"Thank you - Kong -"

Once he had calmed down a bit, Arthit remembered.

"What did you want to speak to me about?"

"Oh, that. I was going to tell you that I won't give up on us and persuade you to give our relationship a fighting chance -"

Kongpob pulled him to his side, smiling a soft smile.

"- but this is so much better."

******************************************************************

They had ended up in Kongpob's apartment, most of their things were in the new apartment and it looked bare without its usual possessions. Arthit stirred in his sleep, Kongpob was holding him by his waist, and he had to push his hand away to grab at his phone.

"Yes -Ai'Knott - what is it - slow down."

Arthit sat up, rubbing at his sleepy eyes, Kongpob complained in his sleep.

"I'm coming, wait for me, Ai'Knott."

Arthit shrugged off his shorts, changing into jeans instead. He brushed Kongpob's hair slowly bending over to press a kiss on his forehead.

"Kong?"

Kongpob's eyelashes fluttered as he opened his eyes.

"P'Arthit? What's wrong? Why are you awake?"

"It's Knott. He has a problem -"

"Do you want me to come?"

Arthit hesitated, not sure whether he should bring Kongpob. He wondered whether Knott would appreciate it.

"No. Don't worry, I'll be back soon."

He kissed Kongpob, bidding him goodbye before making his way downstairs, into the darkness.

*****************************************************************

A/N : A resolution of some sorts! Knott's story in the next chapter.

Stay tuned x

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

280K 16.7K 30
Arthit rejected Kongpop 5 years ago on the Rama bridge and he believed that he would never meet Kongpop ever again but unfortunately, they met again...
14.6K 731 18
What if Arthit did not accept Kong's proposal in episode 12 and they drift apart after graduation? What if, after 9 years they meet again in a rather...
45.5K 2.9K 10
The 7 times Arthit attempted to confess his love to Kongpob but failed. Based loosely on the 7 deadly sins but it's actually just Arthit being cute a...
26.9K 1.2K 25
SOTUS Fan Fiction. Arthit and Kongpob both had regrets in the past, how did they overcome those when they finally met again? Notes: bxb M-Preg Harsh...