Love Has a Price (Urban)

By Kawaiiannn

Sometimes you gotta realize that love sh*t don't come for free, you always gonna have to pay a price. Whether... More

▫2▫
▫3▫
▫4▫
▫5▫
▫6▫
▫7▫
▫8▫
▫9▫
▫10▫
▫11▫
▫12▫
▫13▫
▫FB▫
▫14▫
▫15▫
▫16▫
▫17▫
▫18▫
▫19▫
▫Thank You▫
▫20▫
▫21▫
▫22▫
▫23
▫24▫
▫Important▫
▫25▫
▫26▫
▫27▫
▫Preview▫
▫28▫
▫29▫
▫30▫
▫Continue?▫
▫31▫

▫1▫

69.5K 921 265
By Kawaiiannn

Brooke in media..

"Ugh!" Brooke yelled in frustration as she rushed to get ready for school, it was the second time she overslept this week and it's only the third week since school started.

This wasn't a good start on her freshman year..

"Shit, I'm gonna be late again" Brooke groaned as she threw clothes everywhere trying to find an outfit-- as she threw a shirt on she heard her phone ring. She picked it up to see her best friend Jaz's name displayed on the screen.

"Hello" she answered placing the phone between her ear and shoulder as she threw on a pair of jeans.

"Bitch where yo ass at, you were supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago"

"I know I'm running a little late"

"No shit" Jaz spat sarcastically

"Don't worry I'll be there in a little bit"

"Iight"

Brooke hit end and placed her phone in her pocket she threw her hair in a ponytail and rushed out the door.

Brooke ran full speed to the bus stop for five minutes straight once she reached her destination she was out of breath.

"Finally" Jaz said as she hugged Brooke

"Sorry I kept you waiting"

"It's all good we need to get walking though before we be late for school"

Brooke and Jaz always met up at the bus stop but they never actually rode the bus they rather walked.

As they walked to school Jaz received compliments from left to right.

To Brooke, Jaz was really pretty she was a milk chocolate color she had long black hair that came to her shoulders but her best feature was how thick she was, back in elementary Jaz used to be a "Pencil Stick" much like how Brooke is now-- but Jaz has changed a lot since then one thing Brooke didn't like about Jaz is how she gets around.

Jaz had made a name for herself back in eighth grade when she let five guys have sex with her not only at the same time but they all were in their late twenties.

It was the rumor of the year but Jaz didn't care she still remained the same and the way people thought of her remained the same as well.

Brooke was pretty too she was high yellow with long thick black hair that cascaded down her back, her green eyes was mesmerizing and her pink pouty lips gave her this innocent aura about herself which reflected off her shy personality.

"Them niggas sure be all over you" Brooke said as they stepped foot on school property.

"Yeah but them niggas ain't nobody, they don't got no money so they can't do nothing for me" Jaz said flipping her hair.

Brooke could only shake her head at her only best friend.

"I wish I could have that kind of attention" Brooke said.

"Brooke don't worry about all that just be yourself someone will like you besides me"

Brooke cracked a smile as they walked into the school she scanned the halls as her eyes stopped on this one particular guy.

Brooke had been checking for him ever since she first saw him on their first day to school.

She loved everything about him from his chocolate skin to his tall muscular frame and the dimples that decorated his cheeks every time he cracked that award winning smile.

He rocked a Miami heat jersey with dark denim jeans just the right size-- Brooke hated it when guys wore baggy clothes, He also rocked some timbs with an all black Compton hat and a small gold chain wrapped around his neck.

He was a masterpiece in Brooke's eyes.

"Brooke!" Jaz yelled snapping Brooke out of her gaze.

"Who you looking at?" Jaz followed Brooke's gaze and spotted the cutie Brooke had her eyes on.

"Damn, Brooke you better go talk to him"

"You think I should?" she asked unsure.

"Yeah girl, either you do it or someone else will"

Jaz was right if I want to be with him I gotta face my fears and talk to him" Brooke said to herself.

"Okay" she took a couple of deep breaths before walking in his direction.

Just as she readied herself to open her mouth another girl came up and caught his attention Brooke stood there dumbfounded.

She dropped her head looking at her feet and walked off as if nothing even happened.

Jaz caught up with her.

"Brooke look don't worry about it it will be other times"

"I don't want it to be another time that was hella embarrassing" Brooke said

The school bell ring letting them know it was time for class.

"Look I'll catch up with you later" Jaz said giving Brooke a hug before walking off.

Brooke walked into her first class with the embarrassing encounter on her mind.

She couldn't even focus on school, she was too caught up of how much she looked like a fool she rubbed her head feeling a headache coming on.

"Aye Brooke you okay?" One of Brooke's classmates asked her.

"Yeah I'm alright just a small headache Alisha" she said giving her a small smile.

Brooke and Alisha used to be best friends back in middle school but since Alisha never liked Jaz she stopped talking to Brooke, she didn't want to but she never liked Jaz type.

Alisha reached into her bag taking out a bottle of Advil.

"Here take this" Alisha said placing a pill in Brooke's hand.

"Thanks" Brooke threw the pill in her mouth and swallowed it she slept through the rest of the class.

When the bell rang Brooke's teacher Ms.Jones asked her to stay after class for a talk.

Brooke let out a loud groan.

"What the hell she want, damn!" Brooke mumbled under her breath.

"Brooke I need to talk to you about your grades"

"Okay..."

"Brooke I know you are very smart but your grades are not gonna get you out of my class, everyday you come in here late or you sleep the whole class period"

Brooke rolled her eyes. She did not feel like hearing Ms.Jones lectures about her grades.

"It's only the third week of school I'll do better"

"okay but now-"

"Sorry! gotta go" Brooke said cutting her off as she ran out the door.

Jaz was waiting out the door for her

"What is Ms.Jones talking about now"

"Same thing as always, I wish she would retire, like how old is she 80?"

Jaz let out a laugh "Shit, close enough but guess what?"

"What?"

"Well how about one of the seniors are having a house party and everyone is invited and I bet your crush is gonna be there"

"OMG when is it?" Brooke asked genuinely excited to hear the news.

"This saturday"

"We have to go! but I have nothing to wear"

"That's why we're going shopping friday"

"I can't wait" Brooke said they talked the whole way to class thinking about what they were gonna wear and how they would do their hair.

Brooke hoped her crush would be there and maybe she could win his heart.

After school Jaz and Brooke went back to Brooke's house and shopped online for clothes, shoes, and jewelry for the party on Saturday.

"Brooke" Brooke's little sister sky called out to her

"What sky?" Brooke asked irritated

"Daddy wants you"

"Ugh" Brooke groaned as she hopped off the bed and jogged downstairs to see what her dad wanted.

She walked into the kitchen to see him sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

"Yes daddy?"

He nodded his head towards the chair letting her know to take a seat.

"Your teacher called" he finally spoke.

"Daddy-" he put his hand up making her silent .

"Brooke I know there is always an excuse with you.

Your teacher tells me that you've been asleep in class and not doing your work, Brooke you know I can't deal with this, I'm working all the time and your mom-"

He stopped himself before saying anything else.

It was a touchy subject when it came to Brooke's mom.

She had died five years ago while giving birth to Sky, although sky was a big part of their family Brooke still missed their mom very much.

"Daddy I'm sorry. Imma do better I promise"

She said grabbing his hand and giving him a long hug.

After the talk with her dad she ran back up the steps leaving him to his thoughts

"I'm back"

"Brooke I found this dress perfect for you"

Brooke hopped onto the bed and looked at the computer screen " I love it!" Brooke said.

The dress was all black with one sleeve Brooke loved it but the only problem was the cost.

"But it cost two-hundred and fifty-nine dollars which I'm sure you don't have"

"Psh! Brooke I said I got you and I mean it"

Brooke looked at her best friend unsure of what she would do.

They continued to shop online, they wanted to be the spotlight at the party and Jaz was gonna make sure they were.

The next day Brooke sat in Ms.Joines class she tried to do her best and get her work done like she promised her dad.

"Hey Brooke". Alisha whispered

"Hey" Brooke said with a smile.

"You going to the party this Saturday?"

"Hell yeah!" Brooke whispered with excitement.

"I can get my mom to take us if you want" Alisha giggled at Brooke's excitement.

Alisha's mom was really cool she basically gave Alisha the freedom that all the teenagers wanted.

"Well I'm kinda going with Jaz"

"Ohh..thats okay." Alisha said disappointed but she knew it was for the best since she didn't like Jaz

"I'm sorry"

"No, it's cool" Alisha said before resuming back to her class work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
427K 11.8K 46
***THIS CONTENT CONTAINS MATURE SCENES IN IT, ALONG WITH VIOLENCE ***** Asia Carter is 18 and a senior in High School. Asia loves to sing and dance...
13.2K 434 22
Being a ride or die girl takes hard work and dedication. You can't just rep the title without having the story to present it. Being that girl you got...
257K 12.4K 45
Hampton Monét Blues, age 18. Daughter of Nicky Blues, known as "the black godfather". At a young age she was hurt alot. She never could rely on one p...