Ice and Snow

By Vireen

Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the mo... More

Ice and Snow
Chapter One: The First Day
Chapter Two: The Sister
Chapter Three: The Saturday
Chapter Four: The Apology
Chapter Five: The Twins
Chapter Six: The Cave
Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers
Chapter Eight: The Ice Powers
Chapter Ten: The Early Winter
Chapter Eleven: The.....Date?
Chapter Twelve: The Warmth
Those Feelings ( Special Chapter )
Chapter Thirteen: The Love
Chapter Fourteen: The Holidays
Chapter Fifteen: The Suite
Chapter Sixteen: The Friend
Chapter Seventeen: The Birthday
Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake
Chapter Nineteen: The Letter
Bring Him Back (Oh, Lookie, Another Special Chapter)
Chapter Twenty: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty One: The Family
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cousins
Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party
Chapter Twenty Four: The City of Love
Chapter Twenty Five: The Brother
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rejection
Finally (Lastie Specialie Chappie)
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Chapter Nine: The Park

10.1K 382 59
By Vireen

Chapter Nine: The Park

 Aesha's POV

I rushed into school, looking around. I felt really guilty about what happened with Cole and I in the cave. I just got so pissed off because it was my favorite place in the whole world, and he turned it into a fire cave.

I wasn't usually this angry, except for summertime and springtime. But it's done. I accidentally gave away my powers. Cylene's gonna flip.

I searched around, I looked for Cole. 

Kennedy tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey, Aesha. What are you looking for....?"

"Hey, Ken. Do you have any idea where Cole is?" I asked.

Her eyes narrowed behind her glasses. "Why are you looking for him?" 

"I,um," I stuttered. She definitely does not have to know about Cole and I. "It's really important, okay? I'll explain later. So now, do you know where he is."

Kennedy peered behind me. "Is that him?" I looked behind me and sure enough, Cole was there, busy with his locker.

"I have to talk to him now, so....bye!" I said to Kennedy and rushed towards Cole.

I took a deep breath and tapped his arm. "Um, Cole?"

He faced me with a serious expression. This was clearly not the time for him to be teasing and arrogant. 

"What, Aesha? You're going to freeze my head?" Cole said.

I rubbed my arm. "I just.....want to.....a-apologize."

He did not answer. 

"I'm really sorry. I just lost it. I'm just pissed off at the heat, you know? I-I kinda knew about your powers and I tried to hide mine. I'm really really sorry." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and kept my gaze down.

"It's fine." He said coolly.

I looked up at him. "I guess I'll see you." He said.

He started to walk away but this time, stopped him. "W-Wait!" I called out.

He seemed annoyed. "What?!" He said.

"Aren't you...um...going to apologize?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes. "What do I have to apologize for?"

"Uh, that you ruined the most important place to me and you're a jerk?" 

"Hey!" Willow butted in the conversation. "Hey, babe." She kissed Cole's cheek.

"What are you doing here?" Willow asked me.

"I was just...talking to Cole." I'm not really in the mood to be sassy right now.

Willow stepped forward, while I backed up. "You stay away, from him," She raised a hand to slap me but Cole stopped her.

"Willow," he said, "Stop." Then he dragged her away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rested my chin on my hand and stared absentmindedly at the center table-where Cole was. Saving me? That was something I didn't expect him to do. I know, it was no big deal, but still.

"Ice girl." Brent snapped me out of my thoughts. Again.

"What?" I asked. My best friends were staring at me.

Brent smirked. "You, happen to be staring at Cole over there." He said.

I blushed. "What? It isn't what it looks like!"

Kennedy rolled her eyes, "Oh come on Aesha, just admit it. You like him."

"I don't!" 

"You were looking for him this morning." She wiggled her brows.

"Just, stop, okay? There's a very reasonable.....explanation for all of this." I said.

"And what is that?" Brent questioned.

I sighed, "If I tell you, it'll make everything worse. Cylene would definitely explode."

"Did something happen?" Kennedy asked.

"I told you, I can't tell you."

I continued eating my lunch and tried to forget about my problems. There was one person I have to worry about: Cylene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole's POV

I was sure she was staring at me. When I turned my head to look at her, she would avert her gaze and look down with her cheeks red. Then I'll smirk, seeing how cute she looks.

I actually did want to say sorry for what I did. But didn't want to feel weak and helpless. While Aesha, on the other hand, wasn't angry at all after what happened. It took some guts to apologize like that. The least I did was to stop Willow from hurting her.

I ran my hand through my dark brown hair. With her staring at me, I can't seem to concentrate.

My heart beated faster when I looked at her while she smiling. Even though she was  the opposite of me, even though she was cold, she looked beautiful to my eyes.

Wait what did I just think about?

~~~~~~~~~~~

As I drove home, I passed by a familiar figure. I stopped the car quickly.

"Aesha?" She immediately stopped walking.

She looked at me. "Why are you walking home?" I asked.

"Uh, Kennedy was being fetched by her mom, Brent had to go to his job. And of course, Cylene's pretty busy." She replied.

Before I could stop myself, I said, "Do you want me to give you a ride?" 

She seemed unsure. "I-I don't know, Cole. You know....my powers...cold, ice and all..."

"It's okay, I don't mind." I said.

"A-are you sure?"

I nodded. She climbed on the passenger sat beside me.

"So....I thought you rode a motorcycle." She said.

I shrugged. "I wanted to try a car."

"Uh huh."

"Okay, so where did you get  your powers?" I asked her, curious.

"It's from an ice goddess. It was passed down generation after generation." She said while I nodded.

"You?" 

"It's more of the scientific side." I said.

After a- maybe- minute of awkward silence, she spoke up. "So, have you told Cylene about...you know...."

I shook my head. "We'll have to tell her."

She combed her hair with her hand. "I don't know, Cole. Her....anger.."

I gathered up courage to look at her. "Should I stop at our house? Cy's probably there. You should tell her everything."

Aesha's eyebrows furrowed. "Why me? Please, Cole, she's your sister."

"Don't worry, I'll go with you." I assured her.

She leaned back and sighed. The air suddenly turned cold and freezing. I bit my lip and gripped the wheel tightly. When she realized what happened, she turned the cold down.

Aesha gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I-I get nervous."

~~~~~~~~

Aesha's POV

Cole and I got off his car and went inside the mansion. I stopped insideand leaned against the door.

"Cylene?" Cole called out

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here." Cylene appeared in the living room, her hair still wet from the shower.

"Aesha? You're here too?" She asked.

"H-hi." I greeted nervously.

She put her hands on her hips. "What's going on?  I...sense something."

Cole and I looked at each other. "Actually, we've got something to tell you."

And we told her everything. But Cole doesn't seem satisfied.

After we finished, Cole said, "Cy, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" Cylene nodded.

I sat down on the couch. While we told the story to Cylene, her expression was blank. She tried a lot to contain her anger.

I know I should stop eavesdropping, but I crept up behind the kitchen wall and listened."

"She knew about this ahead of me. You should've told me about her powers. That she knew." Cole said.

"I know, bro. I know-" Cylene started to speak, but her brother cut him off.

"You didn't trust me, did you?! You had tell her first before me."

"I didn't tell her-" Cylene spoke again but this time, I cut her off.

"Stop!" I emerged to the kitchen. They both looked at me. "Just stop, fighting."

Cylene sighed and dragged us both to the living room couch. We both sat and Cylene stood in front of us.

"Ever since I met you and found about your powers, Aesha, I tried to keep  you both apart. Your powers mixed together, that is very dangerous. You're both each other's weaknesses and enemies. You can hurt yourselves, and others. You don't know the worst yet, trust me."

I bit my lip and looked down. Cylene was right. She was a good sister and friend. She tried to protect us but we messed everything us.

It was really our fault.

Cole and I remained speechless until I interrupted the silence. "Guys, I have to go home. And....and Cylene.....we'll stay far from each other, don't worry."

I headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey mom." I said, entering the house.

"Hi sweetie." She beamed at me and continued cooking. I realized Sean and Shaelon were here.

"Sean? Shaelon? What are you doing here?" I asked them. The twins were on the couch, texting away.

Shaelon looked up from her phone and motioned for me to come closer. I dropped my bag on the floor and sat next to her.

"Mom found about the principal thing." She whispered.

My eyes widened. "She did?"

Shaelon nodded. "But the weird part is, she just smiled at us and said we were grounded for just a week."

I looked at Sean who agreed. "Shaelon and I promised to not ruin her good mood. Whatever what's causing it.." He said.

"Okay fine." I said.

I was bored at home ever since I arrived. I threw my head back in boredom. Any snowflake I summon, it doesn't entertain me. The cave? I was to lazy to walk there. But there was another place...

"Hey mom, do you mind if I go outside for a bit?" I asked for permission.

"Yeah, sure honey. Just be back before dinner." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cole's POV

"Aesha?" I said as soon I saw her sitting on a park bench.

She grinned at me. "Oh hi, Cole. What are you doing here?"

"Just taking a walk." I answered, "Do you mind if....?"

"Oh, sure. Take a seat." She moved to give me space on the bench.

"So, is Cylene okay? She didn't throw a rage on you, did she?" Aesha asked.

"It's fine. She's cool now." 

"Good," she nodded. "She's really like a sister to me you know? She cares about me and understands my power."

I chuckled a little "The same with me. She's just the best sister."

The air started to warm up. "Aesha," I said, "You don't need to absorb the cold."

"It's fine Cole, really." she said.

"But it's Autumn. It's your season."

"Cole, this cold is too much than enough to keep me strong." She insisted.

"I don't think you need to do this." I held her hand, stopping her from getting the cold again.

"Fine. But if it's really cold, don't hesitate to tell me."

Aesha turned her head to look at me. Her lips formed into a smile and her eyes were sparkling with happiness. My heart beated faster and faster every second as the sun sunk down and welcomed the night. I was drawn to her. I was itching to touch her.

Aesha stood up.

"Cole, I should probably go home. They might be wondering where I am." She said and started to walk away.

"Aesha, wait." I said. She shifted her eyes to me.

"I'm sorry. I wrecked your cave, I was a big jerk before.  I always assumed every girl like me. I didn't understand before, but now it's all clear to me." 

Yeah, it's all clear that you are a stunning and awesome person. I was wrong to judge you, but now, I wish I would always see you, and talk to you.

She inched closer to me. "Thanks. A lot." She held out her hand. "So are we at peace now?" Aesha asked.

"Yeah." I shooked her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww :3

So I noticed.....the romantic parts are always in Cole's POV. Well, most of the time.

So I decided to dedicate this (finally) to Bai. Idk if she reads my books but I want to dedicate this to her anyway.

So here, to make you happy. I had to finish another chapter quickly so I can publish dis. What I feel now: ^_^ and -_-

-Vireen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 8.2K 27
Aurora Grimm is the sister of Ben Grimm. She grew up along with him and Reed, with them igniting in her a love for science. So when they were adults...
298K 14.3K 27
Neve, a lonely girl surrounded by people, but no one knew the truth. The truth people have died to protect. It's too dangerous for them to know, and...
516 22 14
Yes in this y/n also has powers she's friends with the gang She's sisters with sunset shimmer for all books I'm making in the flash x readers Y/ns p...
1.7K 125 33
(Book I of The Gifted) Frozen and Cold, a girl's heart still beats, Craving for the end, the end of her powers, Her classmates annoy her and her tea...