All Askew

By OneOfAKinddJewel___

Book 3 to "Am I Ready?" More

One - Toss & Turn
Two - Meet & Greet
Three - All Out Brawl
Four - M.I.A.
Five - Shindig
Six - Abortions & Abuse
Seven - Everything Okay?
Eight - April Fools
Nine - Early Dismissal
Ten - Big Mistake
Eleven - Trouble in Paradise
Twelve - Intentional Hurt
Fourteen - Ignorance
Fifteen - Forgiveness & Guac
Sixteen - Not Fifteen No Mo'
Seventeen - Sister?
Eighteen - We Goin to Italy & Somi Gets the Hump
Nineteen - Depression and Rainy Days
Twenty - Monroe & Verona
Twenty-One - "I like him."
Twenty-Two - Syncope
Twenty-Three - That "Need"
Twenty-Four - Jesus Ain't Resurrect For This
Twenty-Five - In Those Genes
Twenty-Six - Depressive State
Twenty-Seven - Get 'Cha Head in the Game
Twenty-Eight - Sleeping Pills & Rage
Twenty-Nine - Getting to Know Each Other
Thirty - Family Tree
Thirty-One - Anxiety
Thirty-Two - Thanks For Not Not Wanting Me
Thirty-Three - "Baddist"?
Thirty-Four - Insecurities
Thirty-Five - Giavonni
Thirty-Six - Mia Nonna Plays Hide & Seek
?
Thirty-Seven - Couples' Quarrels
Thirty-Eight - "Do you blame me?"
Thirty-Nine - "Your overalls look different,"
A/N
Forty - Your Handsome Headache
Forty-One - "That's something for which I will not stand."
Author's Note: PLEASE READ
Forty-Two - The Autobiography of Arabella MacAlastair
Forty-Three - "You're a perfect gentleman."
Forty-Four - "Go to her, Marcus."
Forty-Five - "I'm O Negative."
Forty-Six - "It's not a competition."
Forty-Seven - "Nice form, kids."
Forty-Eight - "Naturals unite"
Forty-Nine - "New look, same great taste."
Fifty - "Marc, love yourself."

Thirteen - Quadruple Murder

2.1K 51 25
By OneOfAKinddJewel___

Thirteen – Quadruple Murder

Rayne was bored so she decided to go to WebMD and search about Dre's symptoms before dinner. When she went to the Symptom Checker and selected what pertained to him she saw Depression and Insomnia as the main choices.

Depression is a painful sadness or down mood that interferes with a child's schoolwork, family life, and social activities. Many kids feel down for short periods, but depression lasts weeks, months, or years. Symptoms can be hopelessness, guilt, irritability, and lack of interest in usual activities. Life events such as divorce can trigger depression in children and adolescents. The illness can run in families, but kids with no family history also become depressed. Often there is no clear cause. Depression is a common but serious illness that usually doesn't go away without treatment. Counseling and/or antidepressant medication can treat depression in most children.

Insomnia is the inability to get to sleep or stay asleep during the night. Anyone at any age can experience insomnia. Drinking alcohol or caffeine, stress, medications, an uncomfortable sleep environment, and changes in work schedules can lead to short-term insomnia. Chronic insomnia often results from mental health problems and can be a sign of depression. Most of the time, keeping a regular sleep schedule and not consuming caffeine before bed, can help the problem. Treating underlying medical conditions can also improve sleep.

"Ma how long before dinner's ready?" She yelled from the couch.

"A few minutes."

Ray pulled out her phone and dialed Dre's number.

"Wassup?"

"Nothing I was just bored on the computer and I wanted to ask you a question."

"Iight what is it?"

"When's the last time you slept?" She asked. It took him a minute to answer.

"Why?"

"Just asking..."

"...A few days." Ray shook her head at his answer. "It's not that big of a deal Ray, I'm fine. I got a headache now, though."

"You mean a migraine?"

"Same thing,"

"No it's not."

"I thought you were a writer Ray, not a doctor." She rolled her eyes. "Why the sudden interest anyways?"

"It's not sudden, I just went online and was searching stuff and I saw—"

"You went online to see what was going on with me? Really?"

"Google is very powerful Deandre and there might not even be anything wrong with you, I just did it because I was bored."

"That's nice Rayne, thanks for your insight."

"You're welcome sarcastic." She said. "Can't you just let me tell you what came up?"

"What came up for what Ray?" He said getting more irritated.

"I selected your symptoms and some stuff came up. I have experience with one of these too."

"Fine go 'head,"

"Depression and Insomnia."

The line went silent for a few moments. "What experience do you have with Depression?"

"Someone in my family has it. It pertains to you Dre just listen." She began to summarize what the website said while he sat there and listened. "Did you hear me?"

"Yeah I heard you, still don't know what this has to do with me."

"Rima told me you felt guilty about something—"

"What did she tell you?"

"Nothing she just told me that. And that you been irritable and stuff. It says that depression can lead to insomnia."

"Iight I'm done listening to this, it don't even make any sense." He denied.

"Of course it doesn't make any sense because you didn't come up with it or find it, right?"

He laughed. "You really think it's a joke don't chu Rayne?"

"No I don't I'm trying to help you."

"I don't want your help, that's the point!" He yelled.

She sighed. "You wanna do a sleep diary?"

"What the fuck is a sleep diary?"

"I could ask if I could spend the night over there and monitor your sleep patterns." She suggested.

"What fucking sleep patterns Rayne?! In order for there to be sleep patterns I have to be asleep!" He yelled.

"I'm coming over there after I eat dinner."

"I'm not answering the door."

"You don't have to. Bye."

"Whatever."

She didn't care what he said, she was going to help him and that was that. He's so stubborn it just irritates her sometimes.

"He's so stubborn,"

"He's supposed to be, he's a male." Sariyah told her, she had been standing there waiting for her to get off of the phone. "No sex when you go over there. You better just be watching him cause Janelle will be watching you."

"I know, besides, he yelled at me."

Rayne ate dinner and changed into some sweats and hoodie – Deandre's sweats and hoodie actually —and her TOMS. Everything she put on was his except for her shoes and the underwear. Her mom fixed Janelle a plate and Ray made her way over to the hotel. Meanwhile Jalisa, Kaleb and Somi told their parents about what happened at school today.

"She just mad 'cause she not a part of the Overlook Thick Clique." Kaleb said, referring to Rita. They laughed.

"What the hell is the Overlook Thick Clique?"

"Y'all two and the rest of them girls,"

"You need help." Sariyah told him.

"Thanks,"

"Montae got his mattress?" Jason asked.

"I think so." Kaleb said. "Aw look at my uncle carin about people."

"Shut up Kaleb."

"What took y'all so long to get here after gymnastics?" Natalie asked.

Jalisa moved her food around her plate. "Uh we had to go to the hospital for Tiara."

"Why?" The four parents asked.

"'Cause she got into a fight with Laurice and she popped the stitches in her head." She explained.

"Why does she have stitches in her—"

"She's fine now though,"

At least that's what Jalisa thought. But Tiara wasn't fine at all.

"Tiara's cool, she stuck up for me twice apparently." Sommer pointed out.

"I told you she was cool, she's just misunderstood."

"And she likes to run away," Mason added.

"She just missed her dad, I think she's the most homesick out of the two of us. Somi what do you want for your birthday?" Jalisa asked.

"To see it," She said.

"That's it?"

"I don't want anything for my birthday. I do not want anything for my birthday." She repeated for emphasis.

"It's your sixteenth birthday, you sure?" Kaleb teased.

"Yes I am sure. Unlike you I don't wanna have a block party for my sixteenth birthday."

"That was fun, you know that was fun."

"Maybe I want a lil get together type thing but that's it." She said.

EJ started whining from his highchair; he wanted more food.

"Greedy ass." Jason mumbled as he fed him his food. He whined when Jason fed him. "EJ don't like me no mo."

"Ever since he saw his reflection the other day he only wants Sariyah." Natalie said. The other day, EJ saw himself in the mirror and pointed at his eyes then his mother's eyes, mesmerized. He realized that they were the same and since then he only wants to be around her or Ray.

"Mmm-aaaa." He whined, reaching out and clenching his fists in the direction of Sariyah. Jason took him out of his highchair and passed him to her. She had already devoured her food and began feeding him his baby food. After he was done eating he wanted to crawl on the floor.

"Ma I lost my glasses." Kaleb said.

"You lost those $450 glasses Kaleb? How did you lose them?" Mason asked him.

"It was an accident, they round here somewhere."

"Oh those were your glasses?" Jalisa asked. Kaleb looked at her. "I thought they were Ray's, I put them in her room."

"Ray wears contacts smart one." Mason joked, she glared at him.

"Since when do you wear glasses? How many artists do you know with bad vision?" Jalisa asked.

"Since I was eight,"

"You look cool with your glasses KayC, it adds to your hipster-ness." Sommer told him.

"He has bad vision but you let him put all those tattoos on your body Natalie?" Jalisa asked. Kaleb reached under the table and squeezed her thigh.

"I don't have bad vision, first of all."

"I was talking to your mother." Jalisa told him. He frowned at her as she swatted his hand away but he kept inching it further up her thigh.

"He's very good, I swear." Natalie laughed. "I only let him do it when he has his glasses on just in case."

Meanwhile, when Ray got to the hotel and up to their new Presidential Suite, Janelle opened the door. This room was different. As soon as you walked in there was a beautiful view of the beach and the sunset. There was a flat screen TV with two couches and a coffee table as well. To the left there was a kitchen and dining room as well as a staircase which led up to Dre and Rima's bedrooms. Janelle's room was on the main floor by the kitchen.

"Hi,"

"Hey, thank you." Janelle said accepting the plate. She stepped aside so Ray could come in. "He's hiding, he said he didn't wanna do this."

"I don't!" She heard him yell from upstairs. This was gonna be a long night, she could already tell. She walked down to his side of the room.

"Bet'chu can't catch me bae." He joked.

"Andre stop, it's too late to be this hype. Calm down." She took a sip of the coffee her aunt made for her. "Baby, lay down."

"Ah," He moaned as he grabbed his head. He laid down on his bed and covered his face with his pillow.

"That's what you get...babe," She took off her TOMS and laid down next to him. "You okay?"

"God my fuckin eye hurts."

"Can I do anything?" She asked, feeling bad that she was in pain and couldn't do anything to make him feel better.

"No,"

He groaned and turned over onto his back, pillow still covering his face. She put her laptop on the bedside table and turned on the camera so it would record. About an hour later he removed the pillow from his face and looked at the laptop behind Ray which had the green light next to the camera. He then looked at his girlfriend and couldn't help but stare at her beautiful face.

"How come you guys switched rooms?"

"Because my mom wanted the real Presidential Suite with the ocean view. You like my new room?"

"I love it, can we go out and sit on the terrace later?"

"You gotta ask my sister, that's hers." He said. He grabbed the remote and turned the volume up on the TV a little more. He looked over at what Ray was wearing. "Why everything you got on mine?" He asked her.

"What you just said didn't make sense. If you're referring to what I have on then yes, it is yours."

"Why?"

"Because you love me and you let me borrow them."

"We makin a sex tape or something?" He asked, gesturing to the webcam.

"No, it's to monitor your waking patterns."

"Turn the camera off Ray."

"Nope,"

"You really serious about this aren't you?"

"Yes I am and I would appreciate if you didn't knock it until you try it. I'm only tryna help you...stupid."

"I'm sorry." He said, scooting closer to her, wrapping his arm around her hip and laying his head on her lap.

"No," She said, pushing his head.

"I'm sorry babe. Thank you for being my ride or die." He told her. "Can I have a kiss?" She rolled her eyes and leaned down and pecked his soft, juicy lips. "You brought coffee and everything to make sure you stayed awake, I appreciate it."

"I go to sleep when you go to sleep."

"Well then we gon be up for a while."

"Good, maybe now you can tell me what happened that you're so guilty about."

He shook his head. "I'll tell you later."

"Where's your brother?"

"Half-Way House."

"Oh,"

Six Hours Later

"You seriously do this every night Deandre Amir?" Rayne asked him.

"Yes I do, Rayne Chasity."

"And you never get tired?"

"Yeah I get tired and I go to sleep for like an hour or two and then wake back up." He explained. "You can go to sleep Ray,"

"Nope, I just need some more coffee."

She got up and went downstairs to make her some coffee. When she got back he was on his phone.

"Who in your family has depression?" He asked.

"My mom. She's been doing better lately, though. So on the thing it said that insomnia can be caused by underlying guilt about something done in the past. You got any guilt?"

He sighed. "I love you Rayne."

"I love you too Andre."

"And I know I shoulda told you this a long ass time ago because out of everybody you would probably understand the most."

"What happened?" She asked.

He sighed again and sat up in his bed. He got up and slid the doors closed that showed the downstairs view before climbing back into bed.

Six years ago

Eleven year old Deandre was pissed at Charisma because she broke his game. She had been acting weird ever since they came to Atlanta to visit their grandparents. He heard noise outside his bedroom and got up to see what it was. He opened his door and saw Ray going down the steps.

"Where you goin Ray?"

"I'm goin out, I'll be back." He told his baby brother.

"Can I go wit you?"

Ray stood there and thought about taking his little brother with him out on a hit, he figured nothing bad would happen so he told him to put on some shoes and come on.

"Where are y'all goin?" A very pregnant Janelle wobbled out of the kitchen and asked them.

"Out to eat, we'll bring you back somethin right 'Mir?"

"Yup, bye mama. Love you," They kissed their mother goodbye before they left and got into Ray's brand new car. Deandre wondered where his brother got the money for it from, but left it alone and decided to mind his business. The two of them drove for about half an hour before pulling up in front of a small house. Ray reached in front of 'Mir and opened the glove department, getting one of the guns that was in there and placing the silencer on it.

"Stay here until I get back, you hear me?" Ray told him with a serious look on his face.

"Okay, what you doin?"

"Just stay here,"

Ray got out of the car and silently ran inside the house. Dre watched as he walked up the stairs of the house. He didn't know what was going on but he became afraid when he saw three people come from the back of the house with big guns, they looked like they were going up the stairs after his brother.

Before Deandre knew what he was doing he grabbed the other gun out of the glove department and put the silencer on it like Ray told him a while back. He got out of the car and silently walked into the house. He looked to the top of the staircase and saw the three people standing in the doorway of a room, aiming their guns.

He had no choice.

With shaky hands, he held the gun up like he was taught and shot, missing a couple of times but successfully hitting them one by one. One of them looked about the same age as his brother. All three of them collapsed onto the floor as blood rushed from their heads, the walls earning a new paint job. Ray had just took care of the man upstairs when he heard the sound of the silencer, he turned around and saw three men in the doorway collapse onto each other, dead.

He walked out of the room and over them confused. He got his answer when he looked at the bottom of the steps and saw his little brother with a gun in his hands. He ran down the stairs towards him as fast as he could, making sure not to step in any blood.

He grabbed his brother by the shoulders. "Did you touch anything?"

"Huh?" Dre asked, in a daze.

"Did you touch anything?!"

"No I--"

"Let's go. C'mon." Ray rushed the two of them out of the house and back into his car.

"They were gonna kill you." Dre said. Ray glanced at him and shook his head. He didn't mean for this to happen.

"You saved my life baby brother," Ray told him and shook his shoulder.

Deandre did what he felt he had to do. A couple days before this happened he overheard Kennedy and Ray talking and Kenny said she was pregnant. Deandre didn't want to lose his brother, and he didn't want his niece or nephew to grow up without a father.

They made one mistake though.

They didn't look across the street.

A few months later, the police arrested Ray and they eventually had a trial.

Dre doesn't remember how or when he did it, but he knows he scared the material witness into silence just before the trial because he thought it would help.

But it didn't. The police already had enough evidence against him.

Ray took the fall for all four murders instead of just the one and he got five years, since he had people on his side.

Dre watched Kenny burst into tears when he got his sentencing. Before they dragged him away he grabbed her and pecked her lips.

"I'ma be okay baby, we gon be okay. Take care of my baby for me aight, I'll be home before you know it." He rubbed her protruding belly and kissed her lips again as she hugged him tightly. "I love you, remember that okay? Stop cryin, smile fah me?"

Kenny sniffled as she gave him a faint smile.

"You gotta go Brown," The guard told him.

"Let me say bye to my family man, please."

The guard nodded. Janelle held Tosin's hand as they walked up to him. Tos just waved at him and smiled when he kissed her all over his face. Ray then looked at his other baby sister.

"You be good, you hear me Tatiana? I love you, remember that." He told her. She nodded as he kissed her forehead and gave her a hug. He went to Dre and said in his ear, "You did the right thing baby bro, y'all all gon come and visit me. It'll be like I'm not even gone." Dre nodded. "I love you mama, bye Tos," He kissed his mother and his sister before being dragged away and shipped off to Kentucky.

"Why do you feel guilty about that?" Ray asked him as she wiped his tears.

"Because he took the fall for me Rayne, he didn't have to do that."

"You were eleven Deandre, you're his little brother. He wasn't gonna snitch on you. It was only five years, he's fine now and Sam still loves him. It's okay, don't beat yourself up about it, it was five years ago."

"I thought I would feel better when he came back, but I don't....what the hell is wrong with me Ray?" He asked, hoping she would have an answer. He desperately needed an answer.

She sighed as he brought her into a hug, wrapping his strong arms around her.

They stayed like that for the next three hours, switching positions every now and then. They went from hugging to Ray laying down with his head on her lap, to having his head on her chest. He did end up falling asleep at some point, and while he was asleep she noticed him moving around and twitching a lot. She made sure she got that on camera to show to Crystal when she got the chance.

As he suspected, he woke up two hours later and just laid there.

"You wanna know something weird?" He asked her. She yawned and said 'sure.' "I don't feel like doin nothin anymore."

"What'chu mean?"

"Like..I'm just so tired all the time but then again I'm not, and when I get the opportunity to sleep I can't. I don't feel like gettin outta the bed at all anymore..that shit scares me. I don't even feel like doing math homework or other stuff I usually like doing."

That took Ray by surprise. Deandre loved math. She swears he loves it more than her sometimes. He noticed her shocked expression.

"Exactly. You probably thought I was joking when I said I didn't want you to come over here but I was serious. I didn't feel like havin no type of company, not even you and that shit is not normal at all." He sighed. "Look I'm sorry for putting you down. It's just that my grandparents already don't believe that mental illnesses exist, even though we have a history of it in the family, both diagnosed and undiagnosed. Me being a dude and being depressed? That ain't gon look good at the next family reunion."

"Who cares what they think? There's nothing wrong with being depressed...that came out wrong but you know what I mean. It can get better, it'll get better."

He sighed and lay his head on her chest again. "You think your mom would be cool wit talkin to me?"

"Yeah, I'll ask her when I get home." She told him. He nodded and they sat in silence since it was now eight o'clock the next morning.

"What time you gotta be home?" He asked her. He didn't get a response and he looked up at her. He smiled when he saw that she was asleep. He decided to let her sleep as him and his mother got ready to go to Kane's hearing. He drove in Ray's car with his mother following so after he took her home he could hop in the car with his mother and they could be on their way.

Ray was still knocked out in the back seat by the time they got to her house. Dre pushed the garage button and pulled in. He turned the car off and went to open the garage door before gathering her stuff and carefully carrying her out of the car and into the house, passing the kitchen. She was such a deep sleeper.

"Dre?"

He turned around and Sariyah and the rest of the family shut up when they saw Ray knocked out in Dre's arms, even the babies shut up. Dre walked upstairs and put Ray in her bed, taking his hoodie and sweats off of her since he knows she never wears clothes to sleep. He took off her shoes and put them beside her bed and covered her up. He went into her medicine cabinet to make sure she was wearing the contacts that she could keep in for a few days. When he made sure she was he closed her room door and went back downstairs.

He told everyone bye before leaving.

"He's so sweet," Natalie said. "How come you never did that for me Mason?"

"You didn't like me remember?"

"Oh yeah,"

Kaleb and Sommer were ready by eleven because they had to be at the courthouse by twelve.

"Why you tryna mess with him if y'all on a break Lenci?" Kaleb asked her when they climbed into her brother's car. She took his car yesterday and told him she was gonna pick him up on the way to the courthouse.

"What are you talking about? Can we not talk about the break please?"

"Your skirt looks too good on you. At least yo shirt long." He told her, looking at her crème colored leather skirt that molded her hips and ass perfectly. Her flowy white shirt covered it a little bit and her black ankle boots made her legs look good.

"Whatever, I can't help it. I'm Dominican." She said with a smile. Her intent wasn't to put Ques in a bad position, she just wanted to prove to herself that she was still strong enough to look good.

Alex, Rico and Dre were already there since they carpooled with Janelle. Ques and his family were already there too.

Poor Kane was sitting in one of the jury seats while his mother told him not to embarrass her in front of these people.

"Ma I didn't say anything." He groaned.

"Better not, you know better Kane."

She rolled her eyes at him and walked away. He mugged her as she walked away. He still didn't see Kima or Lola here so he texted Lola and apologized again, asking her if she was still gonna come. He went over and sat with the guys in the back of the courtroom.

"Somi said she was bringing one of her friends." JuJu told him.

"That's cool, at least she's on her way." Kane said.

"Try not to look so pissed about your mother 'cause the judge might think that's the only reason you want to live with your dad." Rico told him. That's how Tiara ended up living with her mother instead of his uncle.

"Thanks."

"What you do for Lola to be mad at you?"

"She has laryngitis—"

"And you kept making fun of her." JuJu finished.

"I only did it twice."

"Well my mom only came cause Enzo was coming so don't worry about her not coming." Dre reassured him. Enzo was Lorenzo, Janelle's co-worker – and boyfriend, but they didn't know that – and Lola's father.

Lola, her father and Kima were actually outside of the courtroom doors about to come in.

"Daddy do I get to meet your girlfriend today?" Lola asked by typing on her phone and showing it to him.

"Get in the damn courtroom Lola or y'all will starve for the rest of the weekend." He told them.

"If I don't eat then we gon have a problem." Kima told her. Lola rolled her eyes and pushed the doors open, walking inside. Kima went and sat in the row in front of the guys.

"We're here, hooray. Can we get this over with, I'm hungry?" She said. Lola hit her arm.

JuJu leaned over to Kima and whispered, "How you gon spend the weekend at her house if she can't talk?"

"She has a phone, duh. She can talk, it just sounds horrid." She explained. The courtroom doors opened and Immanuel, Sommer and Kaleb came in. "That's your brother's girlfriend?"

"Yeah,"

"She pretty."

"You look nice best friend." Dre told her.

"Thanks,"

"Kane!" A very unpleasant sound came from Kane's throat when he heard his mother call his name.

"Yes?"

"It's time to start, why are you just standing here? Go up to the stand." She told him. He sighed and walked up to the stand just as the judge came into the courtroom and everyone rose. They were all seated and Kane swore on the Bible and sat down in the seat.

"Kane how old are you?" The judge asked him.

"Fifteen,"

"And you understand that because you're fifteen and your parents put in a good word for you that you get to decide which one of your parents you want to live with?"

"Yes ma'am," He said.

"Have you already made your decision?"

"Yes ma'am I have. I would prefer to live with my father."

"Please explain why."

Kane ignored the infuriated look on his mother's face as he began to speak. Before he could say anything his mother's lawyer stood up and made an objection.

"Your Honor I find it very interesting how Kane was able to make his decision so quickly right after his mother raised her voice at him a few minutes ago." He said.

Kathy stood up and objected as well. She was Kane's dad's lawyer, he was a lawyer himself but decided not to take this case since it was so personal to him. "You-"

The judge said, "Kane when did you make your decision?"

"As soon as my parents divorced." He said quickly. The kids snickered from the back of the courtroom, earning looks from the parents who were sitting in the front.

"You may continue." Judge Collins said. Kane made the mistake of looking at his mother. The look she was giving him was very uncomfortable. "Kane?" He still didn't say anything but Lola waved her hands from behind his mother and nodded for him to continue. Kane's phone vibrated in his pocket. He looked at the message from Lola. Don't let her get to you baby

Kane cleared his throat and continued, "I want to live with my father for a lot of reasons. First I don't like my mom's boyfriend."

"Objection, he can't let her boyfriend influence his decision. There's nothing wrong with him." His mother stood up.

"Then why isn't he here?" Kane mumbled.

"What was that?" Judge Collins asked after she banged her gavel and made his mother sit down.

"I didn't say anything." Judge Collins stared at Kane for a moment before writing something down on her notepad. "My mom's rude to everybody she meets including my friends and my girlfriend, whenever I'm at her house she takes my phone and computer for no reason and she always hitting me for no reason. She likes to yell at me for no reason." He explained. She wrote down some more notes.

"Can you explain what you meant when you said you don't like your mom's boyfriend?"

"He's a slob and he always leaving trash around the house and makes me clean it up. When I tell him no he snitches to her and she tells me to go clean it up and if I don't she threatens to call the police on me. I understand if she wants me to wash the dishes – even though she has a dishwasher – but it's only his messes that she always makes me clean up."

"As compared to your dad's fiancée?"

"I like Mariah because she's nice to my friends and she takes care of me. She still disciplines me and puts me in my place when I need it. I don't have any problems with my dad's fiancée."

This went on for another hour or so before the judge decided that she had made her decision.

"The reason I didn't have to go into my chambers to make my decision is because this case is ridiculous. I'm going to apologize to Kane for my having to postpone this hearing resulting in him having to stay with his mother longer than he had to. It's to my understanding that Kane spends a lot of time at his friend's house, Julian I think, on the weekends when he's supposed to be staying with his mother, which should be evidence enough. I am glad that we had this hearing when he did because I have dealt with many cases when boys put their hands on their mothers after they put their hands on them for no reason. I'm ruling in favor of the Plaintiff. Kane will be staying with his father until he turns eighteen."

She banged her gravel and Kane had the biggest smile on his face. After the judge left the courtroom Lola walked up to Kane and gave him a hug.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked. She shook her head, she didn't want him to get sick. He chuckled and leaned down and kissed her cheek instead. "I'm sorry for makin fun of your voice."

She gave him a thumbs up to let him know it was alright and he was forgiven. Julian and Kima walked over to him while Lola went over to her dad.

"Congrats doofus." She said.

"Aw c'mere Ki." She laughed and tried to get away from his hug but it was too late.

"Kane put me down!" She squealed. He chuckled and put her down. "Play too damn much."

"Is this the girl that wrote me that note?" Janelle asked, looking at Lola. Lola made a face, laughing.

"She can't talk." Enzo told her. He whispered in her ear, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

She chuckled. "Only one of them is here and you've met him before."

"I'll take it."

She chuckled and turned around. "'Mir, c'mere." She yelled.

Deandre told his friends he would be right back and walked over to sit in the seat behind his mother. "Yes?"

"I want you to meet someone, well you already met him but-"

"Enzo's ya dude?" He asked. "Why you didn't tell me?"

"Shut up and say hi."

"Hey, I'm the sane one out of all of her kids." Dre said, dapping Enzo's large hand.

"It's not good to lie, 'Mir," Janelle joked. She knew Dre would be the calm one when he met Enzo, it was Tati that she was worried about. Enzo was right, it was about time they started "introducing" their kid/kids to each other.

Meanwhile, Jalisa was bored today so she called Tiara.

"Hey,"

"Hey, how's your head champ?" She asked her.

"Good."

"What you doing, I'm bored."

"I was asleep." She lied.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine Jalisa, I was asleep."

"Alright, well call me when you wake up."

"Kay," Tiara hung up and Jalisa looked at her phone.

Tiara lied, she wasn't asleep. She had been staring at her ceiling for the past three hours. She wondered if Montae even felt bad about what he said to her. He called her a few times but each time she sent him to voicemail; she didn't want to hear anything he had to say. Not liking her is one thing, but he didn't have to say what he said to her because it was uncalled for and disrespectful. She didn't plan on telling anyone about what happened because it was too humiliating. She kept to herself the rest of the weekend and even the drive to school on Monday was quiet.

Rico knew something was wrong with her but since she wouldn't tell him, he decided to leave it alone. She wouldn't tell Alex or Jalisa anything either and they could tell something was wrong too.

"You okay T?" Alex asked her as she opened her locker. She nodded quietly. "You got a hole in the wall?" She shook her head.

"My head hurts." She lied.

At the end of the day Tiara got out of her last class and got to her locker before everyone else. She asked Rico for the keys so she could go turn on the AC in the car and he gave them to her. As she put her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the school, Montae's truck was pulling into the parking lot. She looked up and saw him and rolled her eyes and kept walking to the car. He parked near Rico's car and got out.

"Tiara,"

"Leave me alone Montae." She told him.

"Can you just give me a second to explain?"

"Explain what?!"

"Look my sister already cursed me out about this as well as Shaun and Marcus. I already feel bad enough."

"Oh poor Montae, he feels bad."

"Can we just—"

"Do not touch me Montae, leave me alone."

"..I called you, why didn't you answer?" He asked. She got tired of hearing him talk so she walked around him and went back to the school entrance, looking for her cousin.

"Ricardo! Can you come on please?" She yelled into the school.

"I'm comin, damn. Hold on."

When she turned around Montae was standing right behind her.

"What part of leave me alone don't you get? You made your point okay, I'm not good enough for you. I would appreciate it if you didn't keep talking to me and leading me on."

"Maybe if you weren't so insecure I—"

"Stop fucking following me Montae! I am not insecure."

"Now who's lying to who?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Alright I'm tired of arguing with you. Do you wanna come over my house after gymnastics or not?"

She looked at him like he had grown two heads. "You really don't get it do you? I want nothing to do with you Montae. You don't even have the decency to apologize to me but you want me to come over your house? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I was gonna apologize to you when we were at my house." He mumbled. "C'mon Tiara, just come over and I'll make it up to you."

"..You promise you'll apologize?"

"I promise I'll make it up to you."

And he did. After he dropped Jalisa and Sianni off after gymnastics he took her to his house and made it up to her. But not in the way she was expecting.

"Ohh sh-shit," she moaned as she ran her hands through his soft curls as he stuck his tongue inside of her. He added another finger as he sucked and flicked her clit. Her legs began to shake as she came. "Mmmm," he licked up her juices and smirked as he pulled her panties back up along with her skirt.

"You forgive me now?" He asked as he sucked her neck, giving her a hickey. "Hmm?"

"Yeah, I forgive you. Can you take me home?"

"Yeah c'mon." He told her, climbing off of her and getting his car keys off of the bedside table.

The ride to Tiara's house was silent but in a comfortable way. When Montae parked in front of her house he asked her if she wanted to come over his house tomorrow afternoon since he didn't have gymnastics.

"I'm gonna go see my dad tomorrow, he's picking me up from school." She lied convincingly.

"That's cool, just text me then."

"Kay, I'll see you later." She told him, grabbing her bag and getting out of the car. Taking her keys out of her bag she walked up the stairs to the front door and opened it. She walked in and closed it back before racing up the stairs to her room. She saw Rico in his room watching TV, she thought about telling him but decided against it and went to her room. Her phone rang and she answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey, it's Keys." Keyana said.

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Nothing, we were just planning on hanging out Wednesday night and were wondering if you wanted to come."

"Sure, I can come." She told her.

"Cool, I'll come and pick you up."

"It's okay I have a ride." She noticed her dad's car keys were sitting on her bed.

"Alright even better, see you then." They ended the call and Tiara threw her phone on the bed. She didn't even feel bad that she lied to Montae about her dad. Oh well.

Monday marked five days since Sommer and Ques started their break and they were already missing each other immensely.

Ques was already doing his part on making things better on his end. Meanwhile Jason gathered the boys together to tell them that he was getting out of the game and they were leaving with him. He set up bank accounts for all of them with enough money in each so they would never have to worry again. He told them that Friday would be their last day and of course none of them had any objections; they were happy to be getting out in one piece.

"Iight, get outta my house." He joked. All of them chuckled and left Jason's office except for Ques.

"So I'm guessin she told you?" Ques asked.

"Yup, how you holdin up?"

Ques stuffed his hands inside his pockets. "Good, just tryna move past it ya know? I think leaving the game is gon be a good move for all of us, especially you."

"Ain't that the damn truth." Jason agreed.

"Can I go talk to Somi right quick before I leave?"

Jason nodded and Ques walked out of the office and up the stairs back to the main floor of the house, walking up the back staircase and down the hall to Somi's room.

"Hey,"

Sommer looked at her bedroom door and saw Ques standing in her doorway as a huge smile came onto her face. "Hi,"

"Your hair got longer." He noticed. Her hair grows so damn fast it's crazy.

"I know, I wanna cut it but Zae's growing his hair out so I'm just gonna keep letting it grow. Next thing they'll be sayin I wear extensions."

"Fuck what other people think." He said. "I just came up here to say hi, we haven't legit seen each other in almost a week."

"Yeah,"

"Well before this gets awkward I'll go—"

"Wait, my dad said I could have a birthday party if I wanted, so it's gonna be Saturday night. I would love for you to come. Please?"

"I wouldn't miss your birthday Sommer, you know that. My dad said he's gon make you some bulgogi as a present since you don't want any gifts."

"Yes! I would love that!"

Ques laughed at her excitement as he walked over to her and gave her a hug. Damn she smells so good. "So I'll see you at school tomorrow then."

"Bye,"

After Ques left she felt empty all over again, and he felt the exact same way. There was no denying that those two are in love with each other.

"What's wrong, immigrant?" Mason asked Somi about an hour after the boys left. He started calling her immigrant over the weekend after she cursed Kaleb out in Spanish for stealing her makeup to finish one of his art pieces.

She chuckled. "I'm not an immigrant Mason."

"Whatever you say, yo weave long as shit now." He joked. He knew her hair was real, he just liked to mess with her. "C'mon, we got something to show you."

Sommer was reluctant but went with him anyway. She figured it was something for her birthday but was met with the shock of her life at how extravagant this gift was. Jason had rented out this beach house for the entire week of Spring Break so she could spend the week with her friends. The place had thirteen bedrooms, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, butler service, gym and private chef along with an entertainment service.

"Y'all are serious with this?"

"Yes and you better say yes cause this thing c—" Sariyah elbowed Jason in his gut before he could finish that sentence. "We love you."

"Thanks guys, this is amazing. I don't know what else to say besides that." She said honestly, hugging all of them.

"Now all you gotta do is choose who's gon be rooming with who. Nobody getting pregnant on this vacation so no rooming with boyfriends." Sariyah told her.

"K, I'm gonna go do this now."

It didn't take her long to decide. Alex with Adrianna, Immanuel with her, Rico with Dani, Kaleb with Ray, Deandre with Rima, Montae with Jalisa, Ques with Cleo and Tiara and Nique by themselves. She asked Shaun and Marcus if they wanted to come but they were going home to Texas with their family. She showed the list to her parents.

"Why you put Tiara and Niq by themselves?" Jason asked.

"Because they like being by themselves."

"What if I'on wanna room with Ray?" Kaleb asked.

"Then you don't go," she told him. "Aw don't you look cute with your glasses on." She cooed. He didn't even realize he still had them on, he snatched them off his face. "KayC what you getting me for my birthday since I know you got me something anyway?

"I already got you your gift."

"What is it?"

"Don't worry about it, you'll get it on Saturday."

"Stop being a bum and tell me what it..." She told him as he walked away. "Stupid ass. Can I dye my hair?"

"Why?"

"Because I want my hair to be light brown or whatever color this lighter color is. Please?" She asked her dad.

"Ask your mother." He said, shaking his head.

"She went upstairs, hey you guys." Jalisa said coming into the kitchen and sitting on Jason's lap.

"She wants something, I can see it in that sly ass smile." Mason pointed out.

"Whatchu wont?" Jason asked her. "Make it quick because you real heavy for some reason."

"Muscle weighs more than fat. Anyway, I don't want anything...big. Just a tiny question." She said. "Can Tiara spend the weekend over here since we're leaving on Sunday anyway?"

"I'll think about it." Jason replied. "I'ma have to start charging rates for these lil sleepovers."

"If she don't like living with her mother then why won't Rico just snitch on his aunt?" Natalie asked.

"Kendall's not his aunt,"

"Then how is she his cousin?" Mason asked.

"Tiara's dad is Ms. Veronica's brother, so yeah she's his aunt but only by an marriage. Besides, she doesn't wanna say anything about her mother cause her dad already lost custody because the judges thought she was lying about all the stuff she said since her mother yelled at her before the trial. She wants to live with her dad but she doesn't wanna leave me and Rico." Jalisa explained.

"I guess you'll be adopting her next." Mason joked.

"No more adopting, two is enough." Jason shook his head.

"That's what almost happened to Kane." Sommer said. "He's gonna stay with his dad now, I'm happy for him. His mom seems like a bitch."

"That's a nice thing to say about someone's mother." Natalie said. "I need Tiara, I don't remember where I put JoJo's bottle."

"You lost his bottle?" Mason asked.

"No, of course not."

Sariyah came back downstairs with the bottle in her hands. She asked everyone to go upstairs so she could talk to Natalie alone.

"I have a surprise for Jay." She told her once everyone left the kitchen.

"What is it?"

"I have a gut feeling that I'm gonna have a girl this time and I wanna name her after his mom. Just a different spelling."

"So..."

"E-R-Y-N Noel Simmons." Sariyah smiled.

"Aw, Eli is gonna love that."

"I'm gonna love what?" Jason asked, walking back into the kitchen and their conversation.

"Nothing big head, don't worry 'bout it." Natalie told him.

The next day Tiara took it upon herself to make sure Montae didn't find out she lied. Which meant she took her dad's car and drove herself to school so she didn't have to worry about having to wait for Rico at the end of the day. Lance had called the night before asking how she was doing and all that. She told him she was fine and they spent a little while on the phone with him before they got off.

"Lance says hi," she told Jalisa.

"Ew," Tiara mentally rolled her eyes at her rudeness. "Alright I'm sorry. You never told me what happened after Tae dropped me off the other day."

"Nothing happened, he took me home and that was that." She lied. She still didn't tell anybody what happened between the two of them. To be honest, she was too ashamed to tell anyone.

"Tae asked me if you were going with your dad this afternoon and I asked him who told him that." Jalisa said out of the blue.

"You told him I wasn't?"

"Yeah you didn't tell me you didn't want him to know. Sorry."

Tiara turned back to her work and really rolled her eyes this time. If she didn't know any better she would think he was stalking her, but she knew better than that. Montae was weird but he wasn't crazy.

Which is why she decided to go to his house after school.

Montae was surprised when he opened his front door and Tiara was standing there.

"Today I have my own ride so you don't have to take me home. And just in case you piss me off I won't have to—"

"Shut up and come inside Tiara." He told her. She rolled her eyes and walked inside his house. He locked the front door. "You wanna get in the pool with me?"

"It's hot as hell outside."

"Which is exactly why we getting in the pool."

"I don't have a swimsuit and I can't get my hair wet. Don't try to use your rich boy tactics on me."

"You're getting in the pool, c'mon."

"Montae nooo, I don't want to."

He didn't feel like dealing with her stupid insecurities today so he went upstairs, put on a pair of trunks and got a muscle shirt for Tiara. He went back downstairs and handed her the shirt before grabbing her hand and leading her to the patio door.

"Put this on and c'mon."

She stared at the shirt for a second and grabbed it. "Turn around so I can change."

Montae covered his eyes as Tiara walked around him and put her purse and keys on the table. She took off her shoes and socks and the rest of her clothes, leaving her in her underwear. Montae turned around and looked at her body. Her light skin was beautiful. She had a bruise on her back but he was too focused on the size of her ass to pay attention to it. He turned back around before she saw him.

"Alright, you better not get my hair wet." He put his hand on her waist as he slid the patio door open. "Watch your hands Montae."

"You know how to swim right?" He asked her.

"Yes,"

"Wanna play kinky Marco Polo?"

"What kinda variation is that?"

"A fun one," he said as he jumped in the deep end of the pool. He swam over to the shallow end and stood up. "C'mon."

"Go over there and I'll get in." She pointed at the deep end. He swam back over there and by the time he got over there she was in the pool so he swam back over to her. "Personal space,"

"I thought you liked me..."

"Don't do that Montae."

"You can call me Tae Daddy." He whispered in her ear.

She laughed as she put her small hands on his shoulders. "No thanks."

"You know you wanna call me daddy. I had that pussy convulsin didn't I?"

"Montae!" She pushed his chest. He was right, but he didn't have to say it.

"Aight, let's play Marco Polo. Go over there, I'll be Polo."

She smiled and swam over to another part of the pool. "Marco,"

"Polo,"

"..Marco."

"Polo."

"Marco?"

"Polo," she squealed when he splashed water on her.

"Montae!"

"I'm sorry," he laughed­­­­­. "C'mon T it was a joke, come back."

"No,"

He swam and caught up to her before she got to the edge and grabbed her waist under the water. "Don't be like that TJ."

"TJ?"

"Yeah, that's your new nickname." People in her family already called her that, but she didn't wanna burst his bubble.

"People already call me that, actually."

"Why you keep shooting me down?"

"Can you let me go?"

"Nope,"

He pushed her hair out of her face and pecked her cheek, then her jaw and neck. She moaned as he left another hickey on her neck. She put her hands under the water and ran her hands along his tight abs and down into his trunks. She smiled when she felt the length and thickness of him. He bit down on her neck when she began to move her hand. As she did that he went under the muscle shirt she was wearing and went inside her panties.

"Xavier!" Montae moved away from her when he heard his sister's voice.

"What, Koren?"

"Our parents are home, you gotta go Tiara."

"We'll be out in a minute."

"No, you'll be out now." She told him sternly before she made her way back inside. "There's a towel on the table!"

"You should go." Montae whispered to her as he moved her curls out of her face.

"I know,"

"But maybe—"

"No I'm busy tomorrow and every day other than that." She said as she fixed her underwear and got out of the pool. She went inside and dried off before putting her clothes back on and making her way to the front door. Koren was standing outside by her car waiting for her.

"I'm disappointed in you Tiara,"

"You and me both."

"You can do much better than my brother, at least until he comes to his senses. Don't let him play you like that, you're too smart for that. The next time he plays you make sure you tell him that he needs to stop tryna spite our mother all the time."

"What are you talkin about?"

"The only reason he isn't giving you the respect you deserve is because our mother likes you. Whatever our mother likes he's determined not to. I'm his big sister but wrong is wrong and I told him that. Now I'm telling you that, be smart."

"Koren!" Montae called from the front door. They looked at him for a moment. Tiara got into her car and drove off. Her phone vibrated from her purse and she answered her phone and heard Montae's voice. "Don't listen to my sister, Tiara."

"Why shouldn't I? Either she's lying or you're lying, either way I am just tired of this back and forth bullshit Montae. I gotta go." She hung up on him as she parked in her driveway and sighed.

5+ comments !!!

Who's wrong ? Montae or Tiara ? What about everything else thats going on ?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220 32 13
"๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง?" "๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ?!" book 1 of 3 THOMAS X FEM OC the maze runner
96.6K 6.3K 65
... And then we were three
13.5K 934 22
"Can I face my problems alone or die trying?"
199K 12.1K 49
Trilogy to The Thick Girl Book 3