The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 40 Time to Kill

106 7 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 40 Time to Kill

It has been two weeks since I first found the colony, while the rest of the group has been busy hashing out some sort of plan to get in there, and destroy their cavern with them in it. Diana and I have gone back several times to further check out the entire area to make a rough count of just about how many we would be dealing with. And while there, we searched the area for means to access the area for the team to get in and out quickly to plant explosives to bring down the mantle upon them as well as to flood the cavern—after bringing up the magma first to burn them alive—a sick torturous death to be sure, but none the less effective for one so hard to kill underground. A necessary evil for a veil evil such as these. Flooding is a necessary to stem the possibility of forming another accidental landmass. Most all these ideas have been from one or another of the group, and we—Diana and I—would go back and forth to see if they were even possible; then come back with a yes or no answer to them.

Being Goddess' now we have distanced ourselves from helping them directly in any way other than reconnaissance work; the eyes and ears of the team. We have seen a lot too, down there and though they don't really speak English, Diana, and I seem to understand what they seem to be saying, so much so, that we have blocked one or two of their plans to exit the cavern so far. A rumble in the Earth here and another there closing off their way out giving them only a select few options that we want them to have—the ones the team plan to use to bring down their world around them—those we left alone. The team still has several weeks worth of planning to finish, though they don't realize it—I have read their collective minds, and know for certain they are not all on the same page just yet—they soon will be; then it will be time to act.

I take Diana and go for a visit back to Germany so she can visit with her grandmother the Queen, bypassing the customary concourse stop off and go directly into the throne room where I sense the Queen to be. “All rise.” I hear as we ghost into the room still invisible to everyone. We wait for the Queen to settle down on her thrown and get comfortable and ready to start conducting business, then slowly appear directly in front of her at the foot of the dais, looking up at her forcing the glow a little brighter—a little something I learned while scouting the caverns for light; quite useful I mite add—They all scrambled to their knees around us, all, but the Queen, she looked shocked beyond belief stuttering.

“My... my... My Goddess'?...” She slipped to her knees from her thrown before us both.

“Yes, it is us. You may all rise.” My Voice bellowed out in the room. I always hated the way this room echoed, ridiculously so. “I brought your great granddaughter, Goddess of the Wolves, Diana, for a visit if that is suitable with you? Your Majesty?” I inclined my head in her direction were she was still standing.

“Well, yes quit suitable in deed. 'Your Grace' your presence in court is always welcome, Goddess of the Earth.” What a butter up. I inclined my head again then looked around the room at all the people she had in the room.

“I do hope we are no interrupting anything important. We can always come back another time?” I asked

“No!... No nothing really that important that can't wait till your visit is over. My Goddess.” There is something you don't see every day, the Queen putting aside important business for the likes of us. If we weren't Goddess' it would never happen. 'Mother!' I Giggles silently back to Diana's comment.

“Very well we will head up to that room you made up for us when you are finished here we will see you and the King both there if it pleases you?” We ghosted away before she even had time to speak. 'Mother, you are so bad.' 'I know daughter,' 'Just what are you two up to down there? Behave yourselves! I don't want to have to bring you both up here before me!' Just like that Mother of the Moon was gone without giving either of us a chance to respond. 'I guess I best be on my best behavior.' I said to my daughter.' 'Looks that way, Mother you have been warned.'

An hour and a half later a knock played on the door as we ghosted over in that direction I poked my head through the door to see who was on the other side. “Hello, Your Majesty and King, Welcome, come right in.”

“Shit, don't do that!” The Queen said holding her hand over her heart.

I opened the door after I ghosted back to the far side of the room where Diana was hovering near the window. “Welcome My Queen and King, Sorry about scaring you.” I chuckled. Score one for the Goddess of the Earth.

“Well, I wasn't expecting you to come through the door like that. All is forgiven.” Hum that is my line.

“Yes. Hum... I think you both should get up otherwise it will be difficult for Diana to give you both hugs, don't you think?”

“Um... Yes quit right. The King helped his Queen back up to her feet then they came forward as Diana went to give them both a big hug. I could tell she was so happy to see them both, me not so much, for all the things in the past, but as a Goddess now my feeling seem to be a thing I can't bring forth. I know there are there in the background just...

“Have a seat, and visit a spell it has been so long since your granddaughter has had the chance to partake of your company.”

“And of yourself?”

“Ah yes? Well, I do it for my daughter alone. Me? I am neither here not there.”

“I see.” She had a sour look on her face after that. I went up to the King, and loped my arm into his pulled him away from my daughter and the Queen so we could chat.

“Could I have a few words with you in privet?” I asked.

“Yes of course.” I ghosted him away to a secret place in the castle, quiet and dim.

“The team in Ravenwood is about to go on a dangerous mission deep underground off the coast of Hawaii to find, and destroy the demons that are ravaging the Earth. They may or may not come back from it, this is that dangerous, and it is to be highly confidential. There can be no communications to them or you here at the command. I know the Queen will try to buck it, but this has to be secretive to work considering the nature of the threat. I have personally shrouded the manor in a shield to prevent any vibrational noises from getting to them from within. It was how they found the manor in the first place as well as the castle and the retirement home.”

“This is a lot to deal with I don't know how the Queen will take all of this.” He said.

“You are not going to tell the Queen. That is the point of this little conversation. You will need to deactivate all their locating and communicating devices for this plan to work, otherwise it will give them away. The plan they have devise will fail, and they will all die.”

“I see, yes I understand what you are saying. That will be difficult, but doable. I will get on it. How soon do you need it done?”

“In a week should be fine. They leave in a week and one day. Though they don't know it yet.”

“So, you see into their future do you?”

“Only short distances, and only because we are, were, related. I get glimpses of what is to come. It is quick and short, but I read their minds, and their plans will come to fruitions before the end of the week, and will be ready to go that next day.”

“Well, if that is the case, I will have them down the day before, how will I know they are back?”

“If they get back they will let you know. If not, well, you will know when the demons scavenge the Earth ravaging it like never before. They have the numbers to do so.” I shuddered uncontrolled my glow flickering uneven.

“Are you alright? My Goddess, your glow just flickered?” He pointed out.

“Yes Fine.” I ghosted him back to the room, and the awaiting arms of my daughter.

“Where did you two go?” I heard the Queen ask.

“You may rise.”

“For a walk,” The King answered her question. Better him lying than me. Not something I am allowed to do. I just smiled politely.

“Diana did you have a nice time visiting with the Queen?” I asked.

“Oh Yes Mother. It was wonderful that you. Do we have a little time left?”

“Yes Honey, take all the time you like.” I slid over to the window, and looked down upon the gardens it was such a beautiful view of the Blood-flowers all in bloom. They are so pretty with their blood red flowers on tall stocks of brown and willowy leaves with buds on the end of each suitable for sucking. A truly amazing plant, and to think it came from hundreds of millions of light years away to get here to grow. Sigh.

I turned when I heard my name called. “Goddess of the Earth.” It was the Queen. “If I could have a few moment of your time please?” I turned back to the window for one last look then back to her, and ghosted to her side reached for one of her hands and ghosted away quickly. The scream was overly dramatic when we arrived in the same room as the King and I just left. “Arrr. Shit!”

“I do wish you would watch your language around me, Your Majesty!” I stressed.

“I beg you pardon, My Goddess. I am so sorry. I wasn't expecting that. She dropped to her knees in front of me. Please forgive me.” She begged.”

“Rise and all is forgiven. Now you wished to speak to me?” I asked.

“Um... Yes I did. About the Deciders. I haven't heard hide nor hare from them in over three weeks and when I call I keep getting that they are busy and can't be disturbed. I want to know just what is so important that they refuse to talk to me their very own Queen.”

“I am not at liberties to say, Your Majesty. I have not been around their manor lately. It is only a place to visit like here for Diana and I these days, or when summoned by one of them. They are one of the few I will come to when called, it is as it should be.” I gave her my Goddess smile, glowing a little brighter when I did. 'Tread lightly My Daughter.” Reprimanded again! Sigh. 'Yes, Mother.'

“So, You have no idea what they are doing?” I said nothing; just looked back at her. I can not lie to her face. So said nothing instead. “Nothing at all?” I took her hand and Ghosted her back up to the room once again, talks were over as far as I was concerned, I would not jeopardize the mission under any condition. “Damn it... Stop that!”

“Language! Please! You have been warned twice now!” I gave her the look. She dropped to her knees and begged once again.

“Forgive me my transgression My Goddess! Please.” I turned away from her ghosting to the window and back several times aggravated in front of her while she stayed on her knees with her head bowed. I waited very aggravated at her insolence, How dare she swear before my daughter. Me was one thing, never my daughter! Unforgivable. I flew back up to her, and she went up to the ceiling in the corner of the room.

“How dare you use that language in the presence of a Goddess! No! In the presence of multiple Goddess', How dare you!” My voice kept raising; my lips never moved. She hung there like a rag doll tied by a string dangling in mid air in the corner of the room. “You just never learn! Do you? Verena Rosalind Coinín?” My eye flashed their true purple color reflecting off the walls back at me. “You are no true Queen! You show no respect to your Goddess'! Do you even respect your own people? Answer me!”

“Yes, My Goddess. I respect my people.”

“Then why don't you respect your own Goddess'!?” I shouted at her; though my mouth never moved and only she heard me. 

“But. I do...” I cut her off.

“You show me little respect nor my daughter by swearing in her presence.! Do you?”

“No, You are correct I didn't.” Tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Stop the water works this instant, you are a Queen, well, supposed to be a Queen, start acting like one! Show some respect.” I dropped her to the ground and ghosted back away to the window, through it down to the garden below. I had enough of her insolence for one day. I glided around the flower garden waiting on my daughter so we could leave. My deed here was done I dealt with the King it was time to leave. Diana came down an hour or so later; time means nothing to a Goddess. We left, and went back to Ravenwood via Hawaii to check on the demon colony. They were still confined to the cavern where we had left then, as single minded as they are they had not figured out yet they still had two way out. We headed back to Ravenwood to wait the week out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...
346K 22K 36
The ink had barely dried on Stephanie's final high school exam and already she has been offered a job. A job as a personal assistant to the son of a...
1.3K 22 23
The world is more strange than it seems. Among the humans roam the creatures from the Supernatural World: the Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Wi...
0 0 10
In the final book, set 2 years after the events of book 5, will Mary be able to undo what was done and bring back those that were lost. Mary and her...