Midnight Spirit

By midnightthief

Christina LaRosa is a werewolf with a special ability, she can see ghosts. The only problem is that no one be... More

Prologue: Ghosts, Who Believes in Them, Werewolves Don't
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Short Story: Bryce
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

1.1K 54 4
By midnightthief

*Hey sorry about the late upload, it has been a tough week. I will try to have the next chapter up as soon as i can. Also I am dedicating this chapter to DevilsAngel1210 for three reasons. First she dedicated a chapter for me and I ended up jumping in circles from joy, along with showing other people. Second she is a freaking awesome fan that always comments and votes. Finally she has a really awesome story called The Werewolf Bounty Hunter. I have really liked the series so far and I love how bad-ass the main character is. You all should definitely read it! Hopefully Midnight can become somewhat like that main character(She is working towards the point, i can feel.) Truthfully Midnight is from another story of mine. In it she is a kick-ass smart-ass thief that is just plain awesome. I am planning for this story to be the origin story of her. So soon Midnight she shall become the Midnight i envision. Well first she must survive this predicament. Well thank you once again for reading, vote and comment please*

The chains on the wall were just for show since this man could create any type of restraints from a flick of his fingers and a few words. The chains the mage spelled on me caused me pain until I reverted back into my human form. I growled at him as he looked me over which only resulted in a chuckle from him instead of the fear I wanted. The way his eyes lingered in certain locations drove a desire within me to tear his eyes from his head. I tried to break through the restraints to accomplish my new goal of tearing his eyes out but it was to no avail; the restraints held my body tightly in place. The man started to laugh at my efforts.

“It’s no use puppy. If you are a good doggy, I might let you free to roam around the room again; but with the way you are acting will get you nowhere.” The man laughed and his statement caused me to stop my growling. “That is better. Now let’s start off by introducing ourselves. Hello, my name is Ryan.” I just sat there and stared at him as if he was a lunatic, which he is. I was planning to keep my mouth shut so that I didn’t reveal anything and get myself or anyone else in trouble. Ryan gave me a tch, tch noise and then with a word from his mouth, I was in immense pain. Actually pain is an understatement. Agony was flowing through my veins as I was electrocuted by what seemed like hundreds of invisible lightning bolts. Tears were flowing down my face and I was screaming my lungs out. After what had seemed forever, the agony finally stopped.

“See what you did. If you had just listened to me in the first place, I wouldn’t have had to resort to the shock collar treatment to train you. Oops. I might have to potty train you too!” He laughed as my tears burned down my cheek, embarrassed at the event that took place. “Now let’s try this again. What is your name?”

“Midnight.” My shaking voice croaked.

“Good. What pack are you from?”

“No pack would accept me.” This fact would be true if all of the packs knew about my powers. They would all reject me as a crazy lunatic wolf that needed to be put down or locked away.

“Now I think that is a lie. Tell me what pack you are from or will I have to resort to the shock collar again?” The man teased but I was almost crying again just from the thought of that pain.

“The Brown Paw Pack hired me to help with their problem. They believed someone that was half werewolf, half mage could help.” I replied.

“You are no mage. If you were I would be able to feel it.” The man stated as he started to pace the floor. He stopped and his eyes widened at me. “Perhaps you are a demon! No. That’s not it. I wouldn’t have caught you so easily if you were a demon. You must be something else.” He pondered for a bit more.

“What did you do to those people to make them sick?”I asked Ryan, interrupting his thought process. I knew what he did, I was just curious if he knew what he did.

“You should already know that since you healed them all.” The man said surprised and suspicion rose in his voice.

“I only knew how to heal them. I don’t know how you caused them to be sick.” I replied trying my best not to reveal anything.

“I see. Though I won’t give you any information if you don’t give me anything in return.” This man was obliviously smarted than your average bad guy but I guess the people I see on TV are not really bad guys. They just make them seem stupid to make people feel better. What bad guy would actually spill his whole plan to the enemy? “What are you?”

“A werewolf which was obvious when I attacked you in the beginning.” My answer resulted in a slight electric shock to me to warn me that Ryan’s patience was beginning to wear thin.

“What else are you? You better tell me the truth or the next shock will be painful.” Ryan asked once again.

“I thought I was part mage but you just proved that wrong so I don’t know what I am.” I started to cry again knowing that my answer wouldn’t be sufficient. As I thought, the agony came over me again. After the electrocution happened, my body wouldn’t stop shaking. I was breathing hard and I felt like I had to throw up. I couldn’t move my body to adjust into a better position either. I was trapped like a lab rat.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t be this difficult but my hopes as always are dashed away. Now tell me what you are or I will make sure the next shock will last longer.” Ryan scowled at me.

“A demon.” I randomly spurted out. I didn’t want the pain anymore and I figured he would be happy with that answer. “I’m part demon, part werewolf so I’m not as strong as a normal demon.” Ryan thought about my answer and nodded, seeming satisfied for the moment.

“What type of demon were you sired from.” He asked, his interest rising. For some reason he wasn’t using his minion werewolves as lie-detectors and was basing my answers off of my facial expressions and movements. He must not know much about werewolves if he thought he could detect a lie from facial expressions alone. I stopped myself before I grinned like a fool at the thought.

“We don’t know. The demon didn’t bother to stay or tell us anything. He just raped my mother and then left.” I lied.

“I see. I wouldn’t think a demon would stick around.” Ryan believed my lie! He then continued on “I find demons so amazing. Do you know where they come from?” I shook my head no. “No one does. They are not human but they look like us. Or do we look like them? There is so much we don’t know about demons. Some of us have seen their powers but their abilities don’t have any connection to nature like mages. Perhaps, I can exploit some of your powers.” The way he looked at me with his calculating eyes made my whole body shiver.

“I shared information with you. Will you tell me how you made those people sick now?” I asked.

“I guess I could share.” He smiled at me. “I used old magic to trap the energy of the dead on a person.”

“Like a ghost?” I questioned

“No, dear, not a ghost. Ghosts don’t exist. When someone dies, their energy stays in the ground or body for a time before it dissipates. I take that energy, which the energy of the dead always wants more energy, and I tie it to a person.” Ryan explained. “Gradually, they lose the power to function. Now a question for you. How did you remove the energy?”

I was prepared for this answer if he believed in ghost which I thought was the only way he would have been able to bind the ghosts to people. Apparently I was wrong and now I am clueless on how to answer the question. Stumbling for an answer, I replied. “I could sense the dark energy around the person and was able to pull it off.”

“That’s not enough information. Did you use an item? What was the spell you chanted?”

“Do demons even use spells?” I asked. This stopped the man and caused him to think about it. After a while he replied.

“Sometimes. It seems when they are doing powerful spells, they use an ancient language that I do not know.”

“So you thought your spell was powerful enough to force me to chant. Pffft. I only needed to grab and tear your spell with my bare hands.” My comment was received with a slap to the face. The force stung and brought tears to my eyes and I could feel the hand mark imprinted on my cheek.

“Don’t you dare lie to me! You didn’t even know that demons used spells. If you don’t tell me the truth, you will regret ever being born.” He threatened as a knock sounded on the door.” What!” He screamed obviously angry at being disrupted. “I’m busy!”

“Jade called. Told me to get you no matter what.” The traitor werewolf told Ryan.

“Fine, tell the rest of the werewolves that they can have fun with Midnight while I’m gone but don’t rape her, I plan to save that for later.” Ryan smiled devilishly as he left, my stomach clutching in fear.

“This place reeks of urine and fear.” The guy who tried to harass me in the car laughed. I started to think of him as a shark, circling me until he is ready for dinner. As Shark started to walk towards me, I realized I wasn’t bound anymore. I quickly shifted into my wolf form and growled at him. I wasn’t going down without a fight.

“You better be careful or she might bite you Derek.” Groinman commented sarcastically.

“Shut up Jimmy.” Derek growled at him. “At least I wasn’t elbowed in the balls.” This caused Jimmy to start growling at Derek.

“Wont you two stop arguing so we can get pay back?” The traitor ordered. The men agreed and all came at me at once.

In the beginning, I held my own. I felt my teeth sink into flesh and my claws tear at skin. I scraped at eyes, noses, and bare skin with my claws but I was no match for three grown werewolves. I ended up on the floor bruised and battered but the men were not done. They kicked me endlessly and their cruel laughter burned my ears. I tried to cover as much of my body by curing up into a small ball but it didn’t lessen or stop the pain from coming. Immense pain suddenly burst into my arm and I was positive I heard a breaking noise. I struggled to protect my injured left arm from anymore of a beating, suspecting that it might be broken. Eventually they stopped and just laughed at my pitiful self lying on the ground.

For the first time I didn’t wallow in self-pity instead I seethed in anger and frustration. I wanted these men to die a cruel and painful death. I was thinking about trying to tear their souls straight out of their body but before I could act, the leader called them off. The werewolves stalked out of the room, upset that their fun went by so quickly.

Between the kicks and beating, I noticed that the leader was only watching and not participating in the act. I was relieved he called them off but at the same time upset because I had really wanted to test out grabbing a living soul.

The leader came over with a cloth and two bottles in his hands. Too weak to move or resist, I just laid in my ball holding my left arm. He lifted my body up gently making sure he didn’t jar my left arm too much and leaned me against the wall. My arm was placed gently across my chest. It wasn’t twisted at any odd angle, it just hurt and didn’t feel right. He took the first bottle and soaked one side of the cloth in it. He slowly started to scrub my face with the water soaked cloth and worked his way down my body. He frowned when he reached my skirt but continued to work anyways. He then dabbed the cloth in the other bottle and put it on my cuts and scrapes. I hissed as the liquid stung my body. The leader then proceeded to take off the pissed stained sheets and leave. A few minutes later a pile of fabric was tossed at me and I was by myself once again.

I just sat there, staring at the pile of clothes, worrying that they might spontaneously combust into flames. After about five minutes with no fires happening, I pulled the clothes closer to my body with my boots. The pile consisted of a blue shirt, plain blue women underwear, and black sweatpants. I decided that these clothes were much better than the sweat and pissed odor ones I was currently wearing even if the new ones were a little big for me. I struggled into the clothes with the use of only one arm and caused myself some pain as I tried to put my left arm through the sleeve. It was also awkward pulling on the pants with one arm but since they were big, they slid on easily. I tied the strings on the sweat pants as tight as they could go and I was ready to run without my pants falling to my knees. My problem though, was the fact I didn’t have anywhere to run.

Each of the plans I thought of to ambush Ryan when he returned would fail miserably. Also my arm would only prohibit my success of winning the fight. There was nowhere to hide in this cell and the only way to beat the mage is if I surprised him.  While racking my brain, trying to figure out a plan, the cell door cracked slightly open.

After waiting for a few seconds, I cautiously made my way to the door on my one hand and knees. From the crack I saw that the TV was off and no one was on the couch. I couldn’t see the rest of the room so I relied on my hearing. No one was in the house. Carefully, I opened the door but it sill creaked causing me to jump out of my skin with fear. I stood absolutely still until I was sure no one was coming to investigate

Once the door was wide enough for me to slip through, I started my escape.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
14K 938 32
Book one in a two book series. Sandra is a firm believer in things that aren't magical. Ghosts don't exist, neither do demons, nothing supernatural...
67 3 7
Werewolves, witches, and other supernatural creatures are real, though you'd probably never know it. Most live in houses, go to school or their jobs...
194K 7.3K 27
Join Katherine as she runs from hunters she one of the last of her kind a were cat there's not many left. Werecat sand werewolfs no longer get alone...