Distractions [completed]

By Tatumn_B

This book hasn't been edited since I completed it. Alexa Harper is your basic girl, or at least she appears t... More

Part 1: "Damn... She's beating your ass"
Part 2: "Guess Who?"
Part 3: "Get on the counter, asshole."
Part 4: "I hate you."
Part 5: "Did we seriously come here to feed ducks?"
Part 6: "Guys this is Jay!"
Part 7: "Don't wait up, asshole."
Part 8 : "Shut up and hit me with a crusty burrito... Are you serious?"
Part 9: "S-something happened."
Part 10: "I don't know what to do."
Part 11: "Let it all out,"
Part 12: "I'm most likely going to cry myself to sleep."
Part 13: "Yoga. Hmm, what type of yoga?"
Part 14 : "She's such a bitch!"
Part 15 : "Yeah, I could totally take you."
Part 16 : "You two cannot be serious."
Part 17 : "This isn't exciting, you twat!"
Part 18 : "Do you have feelings for me?"
Part 19 : "I'll try."
Part 20 : "What the fuck is your problem?!"
Part 21 : "I'm glad I can finally do this whenever I want."
Part 22 : "There goes Alexa for you."
Part 23 : "You're the best shoe tier I've ever had."
Part 24 : "Are you crazy!?"
Author's Note :)
Part 26 : "Now let's get our asses out there."
Part 27 : "We'll talk about it after school tomorrow."
Part 28 : "I-I love you."
Determination/Sequel ;)

Part 25 : "My sister everybody."

21 1 0
By Tatumn_B

His eyes turn a darker shade while I run my hand up his thigh. Once close to his area he pushes my hand away and I smile before pushing him back lightly to where he's laying down on my bed.

My other leg goes over his waist so I'm straddling him. While sitting on him with my hands on his chest, he pushes my hair behind my ears and I lean down.

I kiss his lips lightly then move to his neck. His fingers dig into my hips and I moan into his neck. I move back to his lips, he smiles against mine. I bite his bottom lip tugging at it causing a low growling noise to come out of the back of his throat. He grabs my hips then flips us over to where he's on top of me now.

He's holding my hands above my head and I smile at him. Like a full on smiling smile. He leans down a little closer to my face.

"What?" He lets go of my hands but keeps his hands beside my head on my pillow.

"Nothing," I put my arms around his neck "I'm just really happy." I smile.

"Me too." He gives me a bright smile and I play with the hair touching the back of his neck.

For the past few weeks everything has been great, except the fact we haven't discussed what we are. So when people ask we either change the subject or say 'friend' and I know for a fact that friends don't walk around holding hands in a romantic way and make out.

Rae was right when she said graduation would be approaching really fast. It's only in two weeks. Two weeks! I'm going to be going after a murderer in two weeks, I'm not scared, it's just hard to believe that I'm no longer going to be a high schooler.

I'm going to be an adult with my own responsibilities like paying rent. As for that, I've already tracked down a childhood friend for me to stay with. A plus is that he's great with computers. I just hope he remembers me and is not some crazy asshole, from his pic he looks like he owns a library I hope that's the case.

I would stay with Rae, but she's going to be in college and I don't want to raise any questions with her mom. I can't stay at my house because Soph knows me too well so she'd know I was up to trouble. If I avoided her she would also tell something was up.

Also where he lives is closer to where my parents were supposedly murdered. I had searched up the police station Soph had called and pretended to be her so I could get some info. Sadly that's all they gave me, but I have my ways and I'll get more.

It's just so crazy. My plan is half way worked out, but I haven't figured out everything. I also haven't told Kesten about all this, I'm just kinda iffy about telling him. If I do tell him, it'll probably be after graduation.

"What are you thinking about?" Kesten asks. He already got off me and is know laying beside me on his side, holding his head up with his hand.

"You and graduation." I tell him getting on my side.

His hand goes up to my hair and he starts to play with it. "Tell me about."

"Well," I laugh a little then look down at the mattress "What are we?" I look back up to see his shocked eyes. My guess is he wasn't expecting that question.

"Uh, I-I, um" He stutters and I laugh at his nervousness. I grab his hand from my hair and intertwine my fingers with his.

His eyes meet mine and I smile at him attempting to ease his nervousness. "Well, I guess we're dating." He says unsurely.

"Are you sure we are?"

"Yes." He smiles at me then kisses me.

I pull away "So when people ask, I can say you're my boyfriend?"

"And I can call you my girlfriend." He nods and my smile gets so big that it hurts.

My door bursts open and Kesten and I's head snap to it.

"Hey Ale-, Sorry I didn't realize he-, I mean you had company. We can talk later." She leaves just as quickly as she busted up in here. I shake my head.

"Sorry, I don't know what her issue is."

"It's fine, you know I should probably go home." He begins to climb over me, but I quickly put my arms around his neck pulling him to me. Half his body is on me while his legs and feet are on the floor.

I let go of him and he stays on his knees beside my bed. "Stay for dinner."

"I uh, I actually ha-"

"Please." I plead with puppy dog eyes "Kira's here and I know you've already met her sorta, but she's always pestering me about having you stay for dinner, so stay." I pout.

His face suddenly turns angry and I look at him confused "No. Stop that!" He points to my lips.

I throw my head back in laughter "Really?" I ask after my laughing fit is over.

"Yes really. I'll stay if you promise not to pout ever again." He tells me with a pointed look. I roll my eyes.

I jump off the bed so fast and jump onto him. He grabs my waist while my hands go around his neck. "You're the best boyfriend ever." I smile then kiss his cheek.

"Aw." He spins us around. I let go of him and he does the same.

"Just kidding," I state walking to my door "You're okay." I wink then start to walk down the stairs.

"What are you talking about?" He follows behind me "I'm amazing."

"Mhm." I smile. "Guys guess what? Kesten's staying for dinner."

"Okay."

"About time."

"Why?"

Soph, Kira, and Miles all say at the same time.

"What do you mean 'why?'?" I ask turning my attention to her sitting in the single couch chair.

We stare at each other for a while before she smiles and gets up from the sofa. "Never mind, it's fine. Of course he can stay for dinner." She walks past me rubbing my arm, walking back into the kitchen.

I walk down the minimal stairs we have to get into the living room and fall down onto the couch.

"Tired?" I open my eyes and look to my left to see Kira and Miles staring at me.

I sigh then laugh "Yeah, I'm just so tired of damn school. This waking up early is just eating me up bruh."

They both laugh at my response then Kesten sits beside me with a coke. I follow his movements as he sits down then sips some of the coke. He pulls the can away from his mouth then licks his lips. His face turns to look at me and our eyes connect. He raises his eyebrows at me and I turn away closing my eyes, leaning my head against the back of the couch.

I open the eye closest to him when I feel him grab my hand starting to hold it. Still keeping my hand in his, I use my other arm to link it through his before leaning my head onto his shoulder.

He kisses the top of my head and I smile "You two are so cute." Kira's squeaky voice voices.

"Shut up." I lean forward to look at her. I kiss his cheek then start to watch whatever they're watching, still holding his hand.

"I was thinking of dying my hair." I say lowly only to where Kesten can hear me. I stifle my laugh when I look at Kesten and see him looking constipated.

"What color?" His eyes squint and his eyebrows do this weird thing.

"Do you have to shit?" I ask and he looks at me like I grew a third head.

"What!? No."

"Then what is wrong with you?" I let my laugh out, earning a scowl from him.

"This is my cringe face." He tells me in a duh tone and I roll my eyes.

"Why the hell are you cringing?"

"I like your blonde hair."

He pouts and I shake my head "Well, I don't give two shits what you like."

"You hurt my feelings," He mocks being hurt by putting his hand on his heart "I thought you liked me." He scoffs.

"Hey, just because we started dating doesn't mean that I can't be a bitch to you so you'll get over it." I pat his face.

"Don't worry, I know that you like me. I feel it right here." He laughs still holding his hand to his heart.

"Dinner's ready!" Soph yells from the kitchen and I stand up from the couch, reaching my hand out for Kesten to grab. He grabs it and I smile at him.

Soph had already set all the food out across the table along with plates in front of the first seat at the end then the two on each side.

"I'll get the drinks. What do y'all want?" They all answer with tea so I give them a blank look looking at the gallon of tea on the table then to all the cups in front of them.

"Never mind." They all say simultaneously.

Kesten laughs "I'll have another coke."

"Coming right up."

I go into the kitchen and get two cokes, one for me and one for him.

Finally settled in my seat I take a deep breath, breathing in all the delicious food my amazing cook sister made.

She made spaghetti with her homemade garlic bread, Marco taught her to make. It's so good, it's like the best sex you've ever had but a food version. Actually scratch that, that sounded kinda gross.

"If I'd have known it'd be couple central, I would have invited Marco." Soph laughs twirling some spaghetti onto her fork.

I smile doing the same, so does everyone else.

"Oh my God." Kesten moans in pleasure "This is so good."

I bump his shoulder playfully "I know right." I laugh.

"Yeah... It's amazing what you can do when no one is screwing with you for a while." She gives him a strained smile.

"Yeah it's amazing how people can read facial expressions," I give a humorless laugh sitting my fork down on my plate "Is there something going on here? Between you two?" I ask no longer smiling gesturing towards Kesten and my sister.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see Kira and Miles focusing on their plates.

Kesten says no at the same time Soph says yes. His head snaps to her so fast when she says yes and she gives him an angry pointed look.

"I think that you could do a lot better than him," She stares me down.

Kesten's shoulders visually relax but I stay tense.

We all sit in silence not even eating anymore.

She has no right to say that especially in front of his face. Last time I checked it's not her who's dating him. For my sake she could've just said no then insulted him to just my face not in front of his though.

Kesten slowly slips his hand in mine making me mentally smile and close my eyes. I sigh, taking a deep breath and grab both our hands and bring it to my lips before kissing them.

"My sister everybody." I applaud her with a glare before getting up out of my seat. "Sorry Kira, you'll have to get to know him one on one without a person there to insult him." I give her a slight smile and grab my plate

"I'm just gonna eat in my room."

"Ale-"

"Don't." I interrupt her.

Once out of the dining room and walking up the stairs, Kesten's following behind me.

I sit my plate of barely eaten food on my desk before pacing. "I can't believe her!" I tug at my hair. "The nerve she has! To insult you to your face! Ugh!"

Kesten sits his plate beside me before coming to hug me. He grabs my hands out of my hair and puts them around his neck. His hands go around my waist. I lean into his touch, untensing, and take a deep breath.

"Calm down. All that matters is what you think if me. Who gives a fuck what she thinks?" We're no longer hugging and he's rubbing my hair looking in my eyes. I let a tiny chuckle escape my mouth because he never curses.

My arms are just laying my sides so I link my fingers through the belt loops of his khaki shorts, pulling us closer. His thumbs rub my cheekbones, a huge thing that makes me melt.

"I do a little. Just a little bit, but right now as far as I'm concerned she can kiss my ass."

"I know now might not be the time, but she only cares about you. Her actions might not show it but that's all it is-"

"You're right now's not the time." I pull away from him walking to my desk to grab my plate. I head over to my bed and sit cris cross apple sause.

"Look, all I'm saying is don't waste time. Everyone has opinions of everybody. And whether you want to hear it or not, Soph and Miles are the only main family you have left, so don't waste time because they won't be there for much longer." He smiles at me with a sad glint in his eyes and gets his plate then sits in front of me Indian style.

I keep shoving spaghetti in my mouth while taking small bites of the garlic bread with it. "Shit." I choke on my food a little while saying this. "What?" He peers at me through his eyelashes putting some spaghetti in his mouth.

"I left our drinks downstairs." He laughs.

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

"Shut up." I laugh with no more food in my mouth.

"I'll go get them." He starts to get up but I lunge at him making him stay in his place then look up at him smiling.

"Wouldn't want You to face the she devil that doesn't approve, I'll do it."

"You know... You could've just said no, instead you choose to jump on me." He laughs to his self shaking his head.

"C'mon, you know you love it." I give him a wink then smirk getting off of him and onto my feet.

"Yeah, there's other stuff I love too." He smirks putting his hands in my back pocket pulling me to him.

I go to kiss him but don't and just lean to his ear "Not now Mr. McAdams." I kiss his lips once

"Go." He says but kisses me " Now go." He laughs and slaps my ass when I turn away from him.

I skip run down the stairs and Soph's twirling her keys around her finger. I walk past her but her voice makes me stop and turn to her. "Alexa."

I raise my eyebrows signaling for her to continue, she looks down and sighs. "Alexa, he'-"

"Look," I interrupt and sigh "All that matters is that I like him. I really like him. Even though I do want you to approve, you don't but that's not gonna stop me from dating him or liking him. Do you remember the day before Mom and Dad were killed?"

"Yeah." Her eyes connect with mine.

"They had invited you and Aunt Maggie over. All the adults were drinking wine while Miles and I were drinking sparkling cider. It was their turn to draw something and no one could guess what it was." I smile

"That was a great day." She looks into the distance.

"That day was probably the best day of my life and I haven't been this happy since that day, so please don't ruin this for me. We haven't been dating that long but he means so much to me... especially my happiness."

She nods her head "All I was gonna say is I'm taking Kira home and then I'm going to Marco' s."

"Okay." I turn away but turn back to her once I hear the door open.

"Soph?"

"Yeah?"

"Drive safely and be careful." She smiles greatfully at me.

"I will."

I walk back into the dining room and everything has been cleared off the table. Sighing, I throw my head back in annoyance.

Going into the kitchen I first look in the fridge and luckily our comes are both in there. I grab them then head to the stairs.

I decide to walk quietly up them when I hear voices.

"She hasn't been this happy since our parents died so don't do anything to ruin that." Miles says to my only guess is Kesten.

"I won't."

Both of their heads snap to me when I'm at the top of the stairs. They look like dear caught in headlights and I laugh.

I pay them no attention, walk back into my room, then sit right back on my bed like I never went down stairs.

------------------------------------------------------

The next ch. will be an Author's note because I wanna clear up some stuff about the book before I start to write and publish the ending chapters. Hope you guys liked this part :)

XoXo, Tatumn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293 30 23
(If you haven't read the first book, stop here! Don't spoil yourself, the first book is also on my profile) The death of a friend can break a person...
136K 6.9K 79
Alexa, a normal human girl who all her life had mocked supernatural stories is unaware of her destiny she's born to fulfill, and now on her 21st birt...
12.6K 268 5
Alexa Allen is a college drop out living in LA with a lunatic roommate and an unsual job that pays enough money to keep up her less than glamorous LA...
177 50 38
When the return of her forgotten childhood best friend reveals her parents' true identity, Alexa Adams is gut-wrenched. Orphan status added to her am...