The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood

67 7 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood

Seven Week later

Seven long drawn out weeks—that was the duration of time it took to filter through all the wolves in the world, to weed out all the bad ones—now it is time to get down to business back home at Ravenwood. The Deciders are tired of being at the prison camp; eating, sleeping and working there—they are ready to get back home to their own nice warm beds and some of Maria's great cooking—it is long over due. On this, the last day, they finish up and close the camp for the time being, then all huddle together, Goddess Valia flashes them all back to the manor as only she can do these days. They land in the sitting room of the manor all healed, healthy, happy to be home and ready for a nice warm meal.

“Welcome back. Dinner will be served in a few minutes if you all care to go get cleaned up.” Maria walked back out of the sitting room to finish cooking.

“Yeah, a home cooked meal.” They all yelled, and flashed on up to their own separate rooms leaving Diana and I here alone in the sitting room.

'Well, Diana. I guess that just leaves you and I. Shall we head on up to our room for a change of clothes, and meet them back down here?' 'Sure mother why not.' We both ghosted up to our room materializing in the center like always—except it was an empty room. The four walls were bare, and all our things were gone. 'I think we were robed while we were gone,' stunned we both spun around in a big circle. 'It sure look like it,' Right about then a knock played upon the door, it was Wilda. 'Enter, Wilda' I mind sent.

“Your back. My Goddess, Welcome. I had hoped to meet you when you arrived. I am so sorry I wasn't there to greet you both.' She stood up after blessing herself in our presence.

'Wilda! Not you too! Come on, you of all people! Really! You were the one to breast feed me and raised me for Goddess' sake. I will have none of this from you do you hear me?' I stressed.

“Yes. My Goddess, But...” she left it hanging. 'But what? Out with it, Wilda, or do I have to mind read you too?' That was one thing I really didn't want to have to do. “Well... um...” 'SHE DID WHAT?' I mind screamed. I think it went out to everyone in the manor. 'How dare she!' 'Mother. She is their Queen she can order them to do anything she wants them to! You have no say over her people. Not really.' 'Sigh, I guess I really don't, but this is really underhanded of her. I have half a mind to ghost right over there and give her a piece of my mind, but it would most likely be a waste of time.' 'Yes it would, mother.' “Are you two talking to each other?” Wilda asked. 'yes we are discussing this little problem between each other. Why?' “Oh mo reason, it was just the facial expression that gave it away. Again.” She gave a little chuckle. “So, if you are wondering where your room went, My Goddess' right this way,”

We were led back down stairs to the hallway then took a right to the end then took another right into what used to be the Grand Ballroom that had been converted into two massively long room one a conference room the other the Queen and Kings bedroom. Wilda opened the Queen's bedroom door, and all our things had been placed where the Queen had originally had her things. I had to admit it was breathtaking to look at with all our colors intermingled throughout the room; it was interesting how well they worked together. Someone did a great job redecorating the entire room with two king sized canopy beds almost side by side, and that wall of Mahogany built-ins for all our clothes so deep dark it was stunning. 'Wilda? Why did they do all this? What purpose does it serve? Our old room was perfectly fine,' I told her.

“Yes, My Goddess, it very well may have been. But orders came down from the Queen to do all of this, and to have it done before you moved back here. She said you would refuse to stay at the castle in Germany with them so this is the next best thing for you both. It was the Queens orders that it was all done” 'Your Queen is a pain in my back side I hope you know?' “Giggle, I understand. I guess that means no more helping out around the manor for you two, either. Another order. Sorry My Goddess.” 'Stop right there, Wilda. What I do in my own home is none of her business, that, I set my foot down on, and you will not tell her. Do I make myself clear?' “Yes, My Goddess, as you wish.” 'Good. Now that we see eye to eye. I think we will change, and meet up with everyone in the dining room for dinner conversations,' “Very good. I will see you both there.” She left us alone to check out our new room in peace. It took us a few minutes to freshen up, and change then we headed on out to meet up with everyone else.

Walking into the dining room they all went to jump out of their seats, but a simple wave of my hand, and they all froze stock still; we walked in and took our seats. 'Now. Hear me now, and hear me good. I will say this only one time, and one time only, do I make myself perfectly clear on this? I will have none of this jumping to your feet, and kneeling in our presence every time either one of us enters a room from this moment forward. Do I make myself clear? This is my house just as much as it is yours, a place I come to relax with my daughter, Diana. Not to be treated like a Queen! I forbid that, do you hear me! Forbid It. Now if you can act like my family I will unfreeze you all and we can go about having a normal dinner like we always have in the past. If not I can make these meals an awful painful ventures. Whats it going to be?' I unfroze them all, and watched them one by one fall back to their seats.

“You made your point, My Goddess, for now, but we have no choice in front of any visitors.” Wilda said. 'That is perfectly fine with me.' I settled back having won round one. Goddess one, Queen zero. It felt good. I can live with everyone calling me Goddess, it is what I have become, and I am quite proud of it and my daughter Diana. Once Maria was finished setting the serving table Bavo started the rounds after a minor fuss over who would go first—after another quick freeze and talking to—he gave in right quick. I won another round. Goddess two, Family zero. I like this way of battling my battles. When it was Diana's and my turn we stepped up to the drink fountain, and pored a small glass of blood each and returned to the table to sit.

“Is that all you are having, My Goddess? I made all your favorites to eat.” Maria asked. 'Oh, I am so sorry, Maria, has no one told you before we came back that, Diana and I no longer eat? I am so sorry you went through all this trouble for us; it was so kind of you to do that for us.' I mind sent to her alone. “No. They didn't. It is okay. It won't go to waste around here with Bavo around.”

“Hey!”

'That's true, Maria,' I sent so everyone could hear my reply. Everyone giggled, well all but Bavo.

“So not funny,” Bavo spit out.

“Will you be staying here now for good, or are there plans for the two of you else where in the world?” Wilda asked. 'We will most likely stay here for a few days till we get restless then ghost around the world in search of the demon hideout. If we can find it we will either destroy it and them, or call all of you out to help. It depends how big it is. That is my thinking,' “That is a very ambitious plan you have there. I hope you find them it would make the world a much safer place for everyone, humans alike.” Wilda said. 'Oh, I agree with you there.'

They all dug into their meals while Diana and I took little sips of our blood which I find I lack the need for these days. It just gives me something to do with my hands while others eat before me. My daughter, Diana is the same I noticed—I guess it is the full Goddess taking over our bodies, finally—I smile tightly watching them all eat, the smell is wonderful that is the only hard part of sitting here while they all eat.

Once dinner with everyone in the manor is finished we all go to the sitting room while, Viorel and Julie head back to work in the underground office. We sit and chat till it is time for the crows to caw out; we are still on Romania time which is the night shift for everyone of us here so no one was tired. Now the sun is peaking on the horizon, and everyone, but Diana and I are ready to hit the hay so to speak. 'Looks like it is just you and I kiddo what ya what to do today?' I asked her. 'Let's go out to the lake I want to see it again, mother.' 'Deal, I'll race ya.' Poof I was off, and at the lake standing before its reflective surface. It was so beautiful reflecting the suns bright rays off of its surface. 'You beat me this time, Diana. Why you!' She sent me a Raspberry with her beautiful lips. 'I'll give you a Raspberry daughter mine.' I took chase around the grounds out by the lake like we used to when I was a child; it was so much fun. I had to try not to catch her to make it last long enough to have fun with Diana. But like all good things it eventually had to come to an end, and now we are sitting by the waters edge.

We flop back on our backs lying around watching the clouds float by overhead pointing out all the different shapes, and what we thought they looked like. I place my palms flat on the ground lightly not really thinking about anything other than cloud watching, the earth begins to rumble slightly beneath my fingers like it did to tell me about the little wolf boy. I sit up, and take notice of what Mother Earth is trying to tell me. I close my eyes, and shut out all sound and concentrate on my hands and the image the Earth is trying to send me. This is only the second time Mother Earth has sent me any kind of image; it is difficult to decipher what that image I am receiving relates to. I try digging my fingers into the loose sand of the beach below me where I lay to try to gather a better image. Still the image is a fuzzy one of a cave dark, blurry with shadows bouncing about the walls. Then it is gone. I shake off the sand from my two hands, lie back down in the sand beside Diana.

'What was it, mother?' she asked. 'Mother Earth sent me an image of a cave, but it wasn't very clear and I have no idea where it even was or why she sent it to me.' 'A cave? Were there any details that you could remember?' 'Just that it was a cave, and it was dark, oh and it had shadows that flickered the walls. That was about all she sent me,' 'Flickering shadows in a cave. Sounds like the a place the demons would hide out in if you ask me.' 'That is one possibility, or more wolves we missed,' I summarized. 'I really hope not, I am so tired of reading wolf's minds they are so primitive. All they think about is food, sex and babies.' I started to laugh 'Daughter you are the Goddess of the hunt and family for those beast, I hope you know?' I heard her give off a long sigh. We stood up and dusted ourself off, and ghosted back inside to our new room for a while to check out all the new amenities. They really did a beautiful job with all the redecorating from what the Queen had before us. Looking at the room now compared to hers this one makes hers look plain.

As late afternoon fell on the manor the rest of the family finally woke up, and filtered downstairs one by one looking the worst for wear. I guess being able to get all the sleep they wanted for the first time in about seven weeks did little good to their bodies that were used to working hard day in and day out twelve hours a day. 'You all look like death warmed over,' I commented as then fell into their own couches. “Yeah, well we all can't be Goddess' like you two now can we?” Bavo came back with. 'Aw did I hurt your little feeling brother?' I snickered. It felt so good to be back home again and teasing Bavo my big brother the one I always looked up to, only in size, that is. “Me hurt? No way not by you.” He laughed. 'It is so nice to be back home again. I don't think we will be here long though, Diana and I that is. While we were out by the lake Mother Earth sent me an image of a cave. I just hope she sends me a little bit more so I can understand what she wants of us.' I shook my head. 'she just wasn't very clear though, so I couldn't guess what or where the cave was.' I explained.

“So, you are able to talk directly to the Earth and she talks back?” Icka asked stunned at my comment. 'Yes sweetie she talks, and I mostly just listen and watch what image she send me like with the little wolf boy.' “Oh, I see, so, it is only a one way conversation then?” 'Well..., I have never given much through to tiring to talk back to her yet, but this is only the second time it has happened. So...' I have to think on this.

Diana's POV

'What is it, mother? Mother? Oh dear I think we lost her!'

“What is happening Diana?” Wilda came in at that moment asking.

'It is mother, she stopped responding to everyone. Look at her just staring off into space like that.' I shook her shoulder lightly, but got no response she was still just staring off into space. 'Mother? Mother can you hear me?' I tried again, but got no response. I gave up trying and just sat back, and watched her then called out to my other mother in heaven.

'Mother Goddess can you hear me? Hear my call please; hear my plea? Mother Earth is far from me, Mother Goddess, I worry so, hear me. Goddess Mine, Hear me!' I called out to my Mother in the Heavens. 'Yes Daughter of mine, Daughter of Earth Goddess. How may I serve you this day?' Mother answered back. 'Mother Goddess of the Earth her body is here before me, but she is lost to me, is there anything I can do to get her back?' 'Daughter mine, patience and time will bring thine Mother home, she must travel the road of the ancestors, The ONES. For wisdom she seeks, wisdom shall she find, Daughter of mine.' She faded from my mind. 'Hello Mother?' Nothing.

'I guess we must wait till she is finished with her Vision Walk to get Mother back.' I told everyone in the room. 'We will just make her body comfortable, and I will sit quietly and watch over her till she gets back.' I explained. After covering her with a light comforter—her favorite green one—I sat back along side her with a book, and began to read all about the same thing she was visiting in her Vision Walk. The Book of the ONES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 17.8K 94
Everyone knew about Peter Parker but what if his story was different and he had a twin sister named Payton. After the avengers save them from hydra...
135K 5.9K 29
The final book in the series. Will Leo find his mate? What reason's does the enemy have for attacking? Will the truth finally be revealed? There is o...
346K 22K 36
The ink had barely dried on Stephanie's final high school exam and already she has been offered a job. A job as a personal assistant to the son of a...
218K 5.9K 43
-CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING!- Renesmee had a twin that everyone loved. but she was more human and they had to give her up. Renesmee loved her sister- in...