Mr. Butler and I (LuHan)

By coconut_juice_

"I'm old enough to take care of myself. I don't need a freaking butler!" - Kim Min-ah Two people. Two differe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 5

5.4K 186 55
By coconut_juice_

CHAPTER 5

Luhan ran his fingers through his pink locks for the third time as he looked at himself in the mirror. The expensive suit that he wore earlier is replaced with a blue coat and red tie uniform, the same clothes that he saw Suho was wearing. 

“Aish! Stay still.” Xiumin exclaimed, furrowing his brows as he fixed his tie. When it was done, he both raised his eyebrows in satisfaction. “There you go, Lu-ge.” He pat his shoulder and chuckled. “You look good.”

It wasn’t a lie. He scanned the person in the mirror another time. He really did look good, handsome even. The compliment made his lips twitch into a small smile.

“Thanks, hyung.”

Xiumin picked something from the floor and threw it towards his direction. Luhan’s eyes widen surprise even though he caught it swiftly with both hands. “Here’s your bag.” He grabbed his hand and placed a few bills in there. Luhan hesitated but Xiumin closed his hand forcefully. “Take it. You need it to get something to fill that stomach of yours.”

“Why am I like this, again?”

The older looked at him in disbelief before leaving the room, dragging him along. “Come on. Suho-ah might get mad if we dilly-dally.”

Luhan could only nod in response.

~*~

“We are gonna be late for school, pabo!” Min-ah exclaimed, rummaging her bag one more time to check if she forgot anything. Suho could only chuckle as he watch her sister. She looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed. “Why are you laughing?”

He just shrugged and averted his eyes at the two person walking towards them. “There he is.” He clapped his hands, the way a person would clap at an opera house, and approach the pink-haired butler. “Good. Good. You look good.”

Luhan bowed. “Thank you.”

Min-ah raised an eyebrow. “Why is he wearing our school uniform?” Their eyes connected for a moment before Luhan broke it off, feeling the heat radiating from his cheeks.

“Take a wild guess, sis.” Suho smirked then turned to Xiumin. “I leave the house to you when I’m gone.” The older nodded in response. Suho gave his sister a knowing glance as he pass her. “Now let’s get educated.”

Min-ah’s eyes widen the moment she realized what her brother’s plans were. She looked at Luhan with wide eyes, who flashed her a quick smile, then back at her brother, who just entered their car with Kyuhyun-ssi opening the door.

“Is something wrong, Agassi?” Luhan quietly asked.

“Yes.” She replied, her eyes still wide. “Go with my brother. I’m taking a different car.”  And with that, she marched outside without sparring another glance at the confused butler.

~*~

Luhan shifts uncomfortably, avoiding the smirk that’s plastered on Suho’s face. The moment he stepped inside the car, his gaze never left him. That made him uneasy.

“Uh…” He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

“Min-ah is not the girl who you thought she is.” Suho said after clearing the smirk off his face. It suddenly changed into a serious one. “One can compare her to an ocean that always changes tides. It can be fierce, calm or even gentle like the summer breeze. ” When he saw Luhan’s confused expression, he chuckled. “I’m guessing Xiumin-ssi didn’t tell you about your job huh?”

Luhan cocked his head. “But my job is to serve your family, right?”

Suho grinned. “Actually, your job is to serve Min-ah.” Luhan’s eyes widen. “Your job is to tend her needs, guide her through her schedule, support her all the way and protect her even it costs your life. That, Luhan, is your real job. I mean, you don’t have to serve me. I have Xiumin-ssi for that.”

“B-Bo? But I thought I was—“

“Yes, you are our butler. But your main priority is Min-ah. Don’t forget that.” He leans his back at the seat before setting his gaze at the window. “Father is worried about her. He can’t be with her because of business reasons so he decided to hire a P.A for her. But that backfired because Min-ah doesn’t want to be taken care of so we decided to hire a butler instead. But instead of serving the family, you’re serving my she-devil of a sister.”

Luhan didn’t understand why Suho called his sister a she-devil. Yesterday, he honestly felt like he saw a princess straight out from a fairy tale. But he can’t say the Suho isn’t right earlier before leaving the mansion. It was like she doesn’t want to be in the same place as he is.

“Luhan-ssi.”

Suho’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts. “Yes, Suho-ah.”

“Promise me that you’ll stay by my sister’s side no matter how complicated it is.” Luhan stare at Suho’s eyes before placing a firm line on his mouth.

“Nae.”  

~*~

Luhan gripped the backpack tight as he came face to face on the door in front of him. He looked at his schedule for the fourth time before taking a huge gulp. If only Suho and he has the same class then maybe it wouldn’t be awkward to be with the same class as his Agassi.

He remembered the classes he once shared with Chen back at the village. They were only 20 students in total mixed with different ages. He was the oldest so after the teacher would teach the older ones, he would help teach the young ones with their alphabet. This time, though, it was different.

He would be sitting in an armchair with seatmates that he doesn’t know. He would be reading from the books that the Principal just gave him earlier and he would be learning from the knowledge passed down by their teachers. He would meeting new friends or enemies. He’ll experience the world of a normal teenager would be.

But he was only doing this because of his job.

He was only doing this for his family.

For Jongdae to be cured.

Mr Choi Siwon cleared his throat making the students shut their mouths. Luhan scanned the room the moment he entered the classroom. All of them were wearing the same outfit as he is, which is very new to him. They don’t do uniform back at the village. He spotted Min-ah at the seat near the window. She was looking at it in a daze as if she was daydreaming.

That made Luhan smile.

“Class, I would like you to meet our new student.” Mr Choi gestured for him to introduce himself. Luhan frantically looked at the faces of his new classmates and bowed.

“I-I’m Lu Han, but please call me Luhan. It’s very nice to meet you.”

The girls in the class erupted with giggles while the boys just stare at him from head to toe, making him feel uncomfortable from all of the attention he’s getting. He caught Min-ah looked at him in a millisecond before staring back at the window.

“Please take the empty seat next to Ms. Kim. That would be your seat until Mr Do comes back.” Mr Choi turned his back and faced the board. “Now let’s begin with the lesson.”

Luhan slowly approached the seat, his eyes never leaving the daydreaming girl near the window. Once he took a seat, he quickly pulled a notebook out and a pen and began to take notes. But throughout the class, Min-ah never left his peripheral vision.

She wasn’t listening to the class and yet when Mr Choi asked her to do board work, she answered the problem with ease. Luhan was amazed.

“Psst.” A voice whispered. “Hey, new kid.”

Luhan turned his head to the right and saw a guy with sleepy eyes. “I’m Zhang Yixing, but my friends call me Lay.” He whispered, holding his hand out for a handshake.

He accepted it without hesitation. “Luhan.”

Lay flashed him a lazy grin before speaking. “Since we know each other now, wanna hang out at lunch?”

“That would be nice.”

Lay looked behind him before speaking again. This time, his voice barely audible but still understandable. “And a tip from a friend, don’t get too close to the Kim Min-ah if you still want to live.” He gestured Luhan to look behind him and slowly raised both of his eyebrows as he did so.

At the very back, there was a giant sitting two seats near the window. He has a cap on that was turned on the other side and he was chewing gum. When he saw Luhan looking at him, he raised an eyebrow and popped the gum that he blew earlier. Beside him was a guy shorter than him. He may look all innocent with those babyish face and those innocent eyes behind his lens less glass, but Luhan got this feeling that those were just for show.

Luhan slowly turned his head back in front, gulping.

“If you’re asking who they are, the short one’s Byun Baekhyun and the tall one is Park Chanyeol.” Lay whispered. “Their families are business partners which is why they’re close friends.”

“But why do I have to stay away from Aga—I mean, to that girl to live?”

Lay shrugged then whispered. “Because Park Chanyeol is currently courting her. If he see you as a threat, you’re dead meat.”

Luhan widen his eyes. Ahh, this must be another one of her suitors like Suho said.

After the next class, the bell rings signalling for lunch. A few girls came crowding his seat the moment Mr Lee Donghae left the room. At the right, he saw the giant and the short one talking to his Agassi with a smile while on the left, he saw Lay approaching him, probably saving him from the attention. But before he reach him, Luhan heard his Agassi excuse herself from the two guys and approached his table. The girls around him immediately made a pathway for her, making his eyes widen in surprise.

Wow. Not only is she smart and beautiful, she also got the authority too. Luhan thought.

Everyone in the room went dead silent.

“Rooftop.” Min-ah flashes a smile before making her exit in the classroom. When Luhan stood up to follow her, he felt eyes drilling his back. He knew it was that Chanyeol guy but he shook that away and left, flashing a small smile at Lay when he passed him.

~*~

When she saw the familiar pink haired butler opened the door to the rooftop, she cocked her head to the side and gestured for him to close the door. He immediately did, nodding in response.

And just like that, the angelic smile that Luhan pictured her having, melted on the floor.

“What the hell is going on here?” She asked. She looked calm but her voice was dripping with venom.

Luhan gulped hard. “I-uh…”

“This school is my only freedom left and now he’s taking it? Uggh, this is the reason why I freaking hate people like you. Pretending to be butlers but in reality, you’re all just stalking me and write stupid reports for my Dad.” Min-ah ran her fingers through her hair, frustration and anger clear on her face.

“A-Agassi, I’m—uh—mianhae.” He bowed.

“Sorry? Ha! Please, like you actually are.” Min-ah mocked and approached him until they were face to face. She pointed a finger at his chest, her eyes flaring with anger. “I despise people like you, hear me? And believe me if I say that I’m gonna make you suffer until you quit this damn job of following me everywhere. I’m gonna make you suffer so much that they’ll never want to hire another stupid butler again.” 

Luhan was lost for words. The girl he thought that was straight out from a Disney movie was actually a girl that’s been dragged out from hell. He watched as those chestnut orbs that was flaring with anger, sparkle in mischief. She gently touched his check and trailed it down to his jaw, making Luhan’s knees turn jelly.

“Tell my brother he sucks.”

Min-ah bumped his shoulder as she passed him and left the rooftop, leaving a gaping Luhan behind. His eyes were still wide and his heartbeat was accelerating at an abnormal rate. It was so fast that he finds it hard to breathe.

He slowly touched his chest and sighed. “Umma, help me." 

a/n: UNEDITED CHAPTER!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 1.5K 67
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
26.3K 1.1K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
202K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
212K 4.9K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc