The Fighter (Harry Styles Fan...

By CAROLINE_TOMLINSON

(THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHTED AND WARRANTED) Caroline Payne, Liam Payne's little sister. Just a normal teenag... More

Chapter 1: The Gym
Chapter 2: I Remember
Chapter 3: I Know Who You Are
Chapter 4: Who Are You
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing To Me
Chapter 6: What Have I Done
Chapter 7: What Was In That Drink
Chapter 8: I Need You
Chapter 9: You've Changed
Chapter 10: I Need A Drink
Chapter 11: The First Day
Chapter 12: Start Of Something New
Chapter 13: Lost
Chapter 14: Surprises
Chapter 15: Why Is This Happening
Chapter 16: Hot Hospital
Chapter 17: This Is Just The Beginning
Chapter 18: The Fight
Chapter 19: People Change
Chapter 20: Party Time
Chapter 21: A New Game
Chapter 22: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 23: The Past Returns
Chapter 24: You Will Never Fit In
Chapter 25: Let Me In
Chapter 26: Complications
Chapter 27: Hangovers And Realization
Chapter 28: Make You Mine
Chapter 29: Moving Too Slow
Chapter 30: What Is Happening To Me
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Trust Issues
Chapter 33: Driving Me Insane
Chapter 34: So We Meet Again
Chapter 35: If You Could Turn Back
Chapter 36: Screwed
Chapter 37: I Think I Might
Chapter 38: I'm Addicted
Chapter 39: It's Not Safe
Chapter 41: Birthday Bullshit
Chapter 42: The End

Chapter 40: Messed Up

8.5K 183 70
By CAROLINE_TOMLINSON

(Chapter 40)

Previously on The Fighter:

"You will need to go back to your old apartment and pack your clothes, the quicker you move out the better." Paul reminds.

Wow...so this is really happening?

"You didn't have to do this shit I can afford my own apartment." I murmur almost at a lost for words.

"Harry please I've already had a long night, just take the keys." Paul sighs, he does look like he hasn't had any sleep for hours.

Fuck it.

"Alright, alright, but we will continue this conversation later." I reminded before shoving the keys in my pocket. Just as I was about to ask another question we were interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

I stared at Paul with wide eyes who looked just as confused and worried as I was.

"Who is it?" Paul questioned as I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head again.

"Er Jerry?" A hesitant voice responded. Jerry?

I glanced at Paul who's whole demeanor seemed to relax as he let out a sigh of relief. Who the fuck is Jerry?

"Trainer," Paul mouthed towards me before quickly making his way towards his office door. "Don't forget Harry the sooner the better." Paul whispered before yanking the steel door open.

Rolling my eyes I quickly slipped passed the two men and started towards the front doors. I need to get out of here before anyone decides to question me.

Once outside I welcomed the cold, foggy, air. As the natural smell of wet tar and grass filled my nostrils. The smell was so familiar.

I never removed my eyes from my car which I could see in the distance.

Okay Harry, you're almost there.

I let out a sigh when I noticed the parking lot was empty for the most part. I lifted my head a bit once I reached my car.

"Excuse me sir?" A familiar voice stopped me in my tracks, it was stern and affirmative.

Shit

**

*Harry's P.O.V*

Stay calm Harry...

I couldn't stop repeating those words in my head as I slowly turned my head to face the familiar officer. I recognized his bright red hair from last night. He was the man that attacked me.

I tried not to linger on the cuts and bruises on his face. They were only reminders of how much of a monster I am.

This is it. I'm going to jail.

I honestly don't know why I'm so surprised, I knew it was bound to happen someday just not so soon.

"You dropped these keys back there." The man says before revealing his bruised hand and handing me the apartment keys Paul just gave me.

You idiot! How could you be so stupid Harry!?

I just nodded before cautiously grabbing the keys off of him, being sure not to make any eye contact. Just stay calm Harry.

The man's eyes narrowed a little before he nodded back and made his way inside the building.

Shit that was too close.

I quickly got in my car making sure to lock the doors behind me. I let a long sigh before removing my hood and looking at the address Paul gave me.

Damn, I really messed up this time.

*Caroline's P.O.V*

"Mirna's I said no and that's final." I sighed before rolling my eyes.

Mirna and I were currently in my bedroom arguing about what I should do for my birthday that's coming up in two weeks. Where has the time gone? Only seems like yesterday we walked into high school for the first time hand in hand ready for a new adventure. Little did we know how drastically our lives would change.

"Oh come on Cara, it will be fun! I mean it's your eighteenth birthday for gods sakes, you must do something! And you got to admit a party sounds good after all the crap that's been going on." Mirna mumbled the last part. I knew she was referring to Jake but I decided to play dumb and act like I wasn't catching on.

I guess I agree, it would be nice to have something to distract myself for a couple of weeks. Give me some time to figure out how I'm going to handle this whole Jake situation. And now Dani hates me so that just adds more gas to my personal mid life crisis fire.

I asked Mirna to come over because I had to tell her the whole ordeal that went down between Liam, Dani, and I. I also told her about Jake's threatening text to me. I'm just so sick of him ruining my life, what did I ever to to him to deserve all this anyway?

"Hello? Earth to Cara?" Mirna said cutting me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, um yeah sure," I quickly mumbled.

"Yeah sure, as in yeah sure we can throw a party?" Mirna asked in excitement with a huge smile on her face. I couldn't let her down even if I wanted to.

"Fine," I sighed as Mirna let out a loud squeal. I'm happy she's happy, I haven't seen her truly smile in a long time. I just don't want a replay of what happened last time I went to a party to happen to me again.

"Girl don't be nervous, this is going to be the hottest birthday party ever!" Mirna assured. "Leave all the planning and decorations to me I'm going to make this a night you'll never forget."

I signed before shooting her a quick smile.

Let's hope that's a good thing...

**

*Harry's P.O.V*

I looked up at the ten story building in front of me. I'd have to admit it was tall, although that's kind of self explanatory. What I liked about it the most is that it looked like a normal fucking apartment complex. Nothing too high tech and new, just normal.

I sighed before pulling a trash bag of my clothes out of my car. I was so paranoid when I went back to my old apartment to pack my things that I only took all the things that I could fit into this trash bag.

Why am I so scared?

'Because you're worst fear is becoming reality.' My conscience pestered.

No! I'm not going to jail, everything will be fine. Paul will help me fix this. I assured myself before making my way into the lobby of the building. After getting my room number I made my way up to the eighth floor before unlocking my apartment with the key Paul gave me.

Once inside I observed my surroundings. Paul wasn't lying when he said it wasn't anything fancy and it was a lot smaller than my last place, but it was still good enough for me. The walls were a light grey and there was a huge black love seat in the living room area. I actually enjoyed the art paintings hanging around the apartment, I don't know I guess they were just cool to look at. The kitchen was already stocked with food I'm guessing Paul knew I would be too lazy to get my own. And there was a table and a few chairs which is what I'm assuming is the dinning table.

I walked down a single hall and put my trash bag on the king sized bed. My bedroom was kind of similar to my last one and it had one bathroom as well. Overall I was content with the place and I could see myself living here for a while.

Just as I was about to unpack my clothes I felt a ringing coming from the back of my jeans. I sighed before pulling my phone out and checking the ID.

Unknown

Really? Paul couldn't wait at least an hour before bothering me again.

"What is it now?" I question Paul, failing to hide the annoyance in my voice.

"Hello Harry Styles..." A vaguely familiar voice cracked into the phone.

No.

It couldn't be!

Could it?

"How did you get this number?" I growled. "Did Josh give it to you? Oh I swear once I get my hands on either of you bastards-"

"Please amuse me more Mr. Styles, seeing as you're having problems with the law I'd hate to see you get in any more trouble." Victor cut me off. My blood was boiling at this point I just needed something to hit, or anything to fucking break.

"If I ever fucking see you again Victor it won't be pleasant for me or for you." I warned venom dripping off every syllable.

I heard a deep chuckle erupted from the other line only making my blood boil even more. "You're not going to lay a hand on me Harry." Victor said with confidence. Does he really think I'm fucking joking with him right now?

"Is that so?" I snarled.

"Indeed it is."

"And what makes you so sure?" I was beyond pissed, why couldn't he come talk to me face to face.

Fucking coward.

"Because you wouldn't want anything to happen to Caroline, the girl I believe you fancy." Victor says through the line

What!? No, no that's impossible! How could he know that? I was so careful about Cara. He can't know that unless he's been watching me...

Has this prick been watching me!?

"Caroline Payne, seventeen years old. Born September fifth and will be turning eighteen in about two weeks. Older brother Liam Payne, mother named Karen who's occupation is a nurse and a father named Mason who resides in America who is currently an engineer." Victor continues. What? How the hell does he know all of this? I don't even think Cara knows if her real father is alive. "She attends school with you and lives on 450 Greywood rd, need I go on?" Victor questions, I could almost hear the smirk on his lips.

"How did you know?" I questioned through clenched teeth. I knew I should have left her alone, I should have never went back to her! This is all my fault!

"I have my ways Harry, questioning them will only get you no where." Victor says.

"Then what do you want from me? Why are you here in London? What? No more fucked up boys for you to boss around in Holmes Chapel?" I sneered, I hate him, I hate this man.

"Oh Harry, you always seem to have a way with words." Victor muses. "However, to answer your question I'm here on business, you know some information about me that you shouldn't know I assume.

"No," I lied.

"No need to lie Harry, I don't usually ask a question I don't already know the answer to." Gosh how long have I been on the phone with this man? For all I know he could be tracking my phone. He could have already sent of some of his minions to get me, well I'm ready for them. "Listen Harry I don't have much time so listen carefully I'll only explain this once. I am going to send you a location in a few weeks, once you receive the location you must drop whatever you're doing and go directly to the assigned place. Once there if you cooperate you will be fine, but if you try anything. Lets just say it won't be pleasant." Victor instructed.

What? What location? When, where? Why is he doing this?

"And why should I trust your word?" I question thinking over my options.

"Because Harry, I know the name of the man that murdered your father." Victor whispered and my heart dropped. "And if you do not make it to the location within one hour after I send out the text, I will not hesitate to kill Caroline." Victor growls.

No!!!

"I swear if you fucking lay one hand on her I will find you no matter what and I will fucking kill you! Do you understand me!" I shouted into the phone speaker. That's it, I could feel myself losing it as I paced around my new apartment.

"Calm down there Harry, as you know that can all be avoided by following my instructions the way I explained them. And don't ever second guess me Harry, I'm a man of my word." Victor warns, I'm pissed.

"Well you know what Victor you and your fucking threats can kiss my ass. So you better start packing your bags for Holmes Chapel cause I'll be damned before I take orders from you. And you will not lay one finger on Cara or any of her loved ones for that matter. Cause if you do I swear I will make your life a living hell!" I roared into the phone before throwing it across the room. I watched as it made contact with the concrete wall shattering into several pieces.

Shit!

I could hear my breathing as I tried to calm down, I started counting down from five slowing my breathing with each number until I reached one and opened my eyes.

Mark my words Victor, I thought to myself.

I will kill you.

**

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I was practically dragged into the store by Mirna because she wanted me to pick out a theme for my party. I specifically remember her saying that I didn't have to do anything and that she would handle all of the planning.

"Mirnaaa..." I complained as we walked into the party isle.

"No complaints it's your party so you pick a theme that I can work with!" Mirna said before rolling her eyes.

Well then.

"Okay they have a country western theme, a day at the beach theme, and a disco night theme." Mirna said before making a face at the last one causing me to giggle.

"Um, I don't know I suppose the beach party doesn't sound as horrible as the rest." I giggled before Mirna joined in. "But I don't have a pool and let's face it we live in London it's always below zero degrees." I added, but Mirna just smiled.

"Don't worry about the pool part. Zayn has this really cool condo at tailored gardens with a huge pool. He and his mom stay there during the summer. It's about a half an hour drive from here but it's worth the trip and it's going to be a lot warmer up there these next couple of weekends. I'm sure they wouldn't mind us renting it out for a night, and we could clean up after to save money." Mirna suggested, I could see how eager she really was for this and I couldn't find it in me to let her down.

"Well okay then, let's have ourselves a party!" I smiled as Mirna's eyes lit up at my words.

"Yesss! This is going to be the best party ever!" She sang before picking up random party items and placing them in the basket. She seemed so happy about this party, so why aren't I?

"So I reckon you're throwing a party?" A heavily accented voice questioned from behind me. I turned around to be met by light brown eyes. The boy looked to be about my age maybe older with the stubble growing on his chin. He had light chestnut brown hair that was pushed back in a quiff and toned armed with tattoos running down both. He was undeniably gorgeous but I still had a weird vibe around him.

"Oh um, yeah I guess you could say that. It wasn't even really my idea I was kinda dragged into this by my best friend." I laughed before smiling.

The boy just stared at me smiling, awkward... "Are you referring to the bird over there?" The boy asked nodding towards Mirna who was at the end of the isle arguing with some lady about table cloths.

I could feel the blood rushing to my face. "Yep that's her," I laughed. When I looked up the boy was still just staring at me with that lopsided smile. Is there something on my face?

"So what's the occasion?" He asks, breaking the awkward silence.

"Occasion of what?"

"The party..." The mystery boy narrowed his eyes at me like I just asked the dumbest question ever.

"Oh!" I'm such an idiot. "Um, my eighteenth birthday is coming up soon. So she thought I should throw this huge party." Gosh how long is it going to take Mirna, I need a way out of this conversation.

"Wow really, well happy early birthday pretty lady." The boy smiled before doing the cheesiest bow I have ever seen. I bit my lip to muster my laugh but failed. "Too much?" The boy chuckled. I just nodded my head before looking back at Mirna who was still arguing with the same lady.

"I have to go see what trouble she's got into now, but if you want you can come to my party. It's going to be at a condo complex around the tailored gardens area. I'm sure it won't be hard to miss. Knowing my friend over there everyone and their entire contact list will be at this party." I smiled politely. I mean he did show an interest in the party, it would be rude for me not to invite him. Right?

"Um, thanks. Yeah I might just stop by." He shrugged his shoulders before failing to hide a smile.

"Cara!" Mirna shouted before waving me over.

"Duty calls," I joked. He let out a small laugh before turning the opposite direction. "Wait I never got your name?" I called after him.

"It's Josh, my name is Josh." the boy smiled before walking out of the isle.

Josh, why does that name sound so familiar...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

A/N

My dear readers words cannot describe how terribly sorry I am for not updating for almost over a year!

I went through a really bad writers block and I did something I promised myself I would never do and for that I am truly sorry...

I will be updating on Sunday's and I'm so sorry for the long wait BUT THE WAIT IS OVER AN IM BACK AND READY TO FINISH THIS BOOK AND I'VE ALREADY STARTED A NEW ONE!

Some super cool content is coming up and I can't wait to share it with you guys! Thank you for always supporting me and being there! I love you guys so much!

Twitter: @CarolineOnwuzu

I'll try to start getting on Twitter more ever since Zayn left idk I just don't get in as much....

ANYWAYS I LOVE YALL!

LIKE/VOTE/COMMENT

{200 VOTES GETS AN EARLY CHAPPIE} Do you think you can do it?

Much love x
~C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 7.4K 18
Harry Styles is one of the most popular guys at school, and also the school slut. He has a tough reputation to keep up. He's friends with the jocks...
8.3K 281 56
"I hate you." Was all I could manage to say, given the fact that I was battling my emotions. I just lost all four of my brothers, and I'm being take...
44.2K 2.3K 59
|BOOK 1| |Completed and Editing| Instead of having two close "girl" best friends, she has two close " Boy" best friends and they were inseparable. Th...
717 12 12
Haevi never considered happy endings. She never once felt that love was essential for her. Always in her own world, she never looked for a boy for he...