Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 13

6.8K 199 22
By zjmfatty

"So we're on for Friday?" Lillian questioned, as we stopped by at my locker.

I put in my combination, and opened up the metal door, gathering the books I needed for our next classes, "Yeah, you're driving obviously."

She nodded agreeing, "It's about time we catch up on things. I feel like we haven't spent time together in ages."

"Well, things came up Lil." I shut the door, and we walked side-by-side to the next class.

"Things beside the fight you had with Colton?" She asked with a slight smirk on her face.

I obviously knew what she was referring to.

"I know what you're thinking, and no, nothing aside from that little spat with Colton."

She laughed, "Are you sure that nothing else distracted you? Or should I say, no one else? Such as, I don't know-"

"Jayce Reynolds." I said simultaneously with her.

I shook my head, laughing at her predictable words.

She held up her hands defensively, "Hey, don't blame me for assuming things. Don't think that I didn't see you two on the ferris wheel at the carnival. I'm surprised you two didn't have a romantic cliché moment where you ended up kissing once you got to the top."

Our conversation was cut short when the bell rang throughout the halls.

We said our quick goodbyes, and I entered the English Literature classroom, taking my usual seat by the window. The desks in here were built for two people, but unfortunately I didn't have a desk buddy like everyone else.

I scanned the classroom with my eyes. Another downside of this class is that Quinn was in it, as well as Miles. They were sat in the back, but instead of Jayce in his usual seat, it was Miles. Which reminds me, where is Jayce?

"Alright class, lets settle down." Our teacher, Mr. Davis, set his things down onto his desk, and began to explain what we had to do today.

"So today we're going to begin our semester projects, which will include an oral presentation to be done in front of the whole class, and a paper which is to be typed, 2 pages, double spaced. This project is about Shakespearean plays. You'll have to pick one play written by Shakespeare, it could be a comedy, tragedy, any one of those. Pick a scene and perform it in front of the class. Then you two will have to explain what the characters are trying to say, and what the real meaning of the play is about. And for those eager students who want to know if this will be done individually or with a partner, this project will be done with a partner."

I could just hear the little cheer from every person around me. Of course having a partner is great and all, but I preferred doing projects alone.

He was about to continue on his explanation when the door opened, revealing a very tired looking Jayce. His forehead shined against the fluorescent light, and it seemed that he was trying to catch his breath.

"Mr. Reynolds, do you have a late slip for me?" Mr. Davis said, putting his hand out.

Jayce shook his head, "I'm sorry sir, I didn't have time to get one."

"And why is that?" He asked.

He then gazed around the classroom, his eyes landing coldly on someone in the back, "Because I was too busy trying to get to school on time. Miles was suppose to give me a ride to school, but I guess he forgot."

Mr. Davis brushed him off with his hand, "I don't need to hear about your personal problems Jayce, just take the open seat next to..."

His eyes quickly averted towards me, "Alexandria."

I noticed Jayce sigh disappointedly, and obliged to what he was told. He plopped down onto the stool next to me, and ran a hand over his face.

"You okay there?" I whispered to him.

He glanced at me, then looked back towards the front of the classroom.

"So you're back to pretending I don't exist? Still embarrassed to be seen interacting with a freak like me?"

He huffed, and scooted over to the edge of the desk.

"Alright, I get it. Just because you and Quinn broke up doesn't change the fact that I'm still the same old loser that 'stalks' you. It's nice to know that you're still the same jerkface even after I was there for you to listen to what you had to say."

I have no idea where this newly found form of confidence had come from, but I loved it. I didn't give him a chance to say anything. I blocked the view of him using my hair as a curtain to separate the two of us.

"As I was saying, this project will be done of groups of twos, and no you may not choose your own partners."

A series of groans were followed after that. Mr. Davis then grabbed a clipboard that was on his desk and began to recite names, "Cooper and Ben, Grayson and Emmaline, Anya and Eleanor, Miles and Payton, Quinn and Autumn."

He continued reciting partners, and I couldn't help but notice that he hadn't said Jayce's name or mine yet.

Please don't do what I think you're going to do.

"And Alexandria and Jayce."

Of course. Not surprised one bit.

I turned towards Jayce, who was already staring at me with a confused expression on his face.

"What?" I snapped, irritated that he was looking at me as if I was crazy.

"You sort of expressed how you felt about us being partners out loud." He stated calmly.

I felt my cheeks flush, the heat spreading throughout my face. I'm beginning to think that I'm developing the bad habit of speaking my thoughts out loud.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but no matter what we do, I don't think we could exchange project partners." He said.

Okay, I don't understand. First he ignores me and acts like a jerk, then the next second he acts like some innocent boy next door?

"You're sorry to disappoint me? I'd expect you to be the one disappointed since you're trying practically every tactic there is to ignore me. And for what huh? Being a friend? Helping you out when you needed someone?" I questioned provokingly.

His eyes narrowed towards me, but he avoided my statement, "Let's just get this assignment over with, alright?"

I rolled my eyes, flipping through the packet that Mr. Davis had just passed out, "Okay whatever, just pick a play and I'll do all the work and tell you what to say on the day it's due."

As I was about to mark a few plays that caught my eye with a highlighter, there was a warm feeling that topped itself onto my hand. I looked up and saw the rough hand that was on top of my own. Jayce caught my glance, and I instantly pulled away from him.

"I'll help you with the project Alex." He said.

"Oh, and where do you expect us to work on this together? An abandoned warehouse, or no, I'm sorry. Is that too public for you?" I asked with spite.

He had opened his mouth to respond, but closed it once the shrill ringing of the bell rang through their ears. I gathered my things together, "Like I said, I'll do the project, and we'll both get the A."

I quickly made my way out of the classroom, heading towards my locker getting ready for the lunch period.

Stuffing my books onto the little shelf installed into my locker, I lent my head against the cold metal door, sighing to myself.

When did my life become one of those teen fiction books that you could find in Barnes & Noble They are pretty well written, and I do enjoy one every once and awhile, if I do say so myself. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, back to the point. I feel like once Jayce stepped into the picture, officially, and not just back in the 8th grade, but for real. Once he came in, all hell broke loose. I've noticed the weird glances shot my away, and the whispers going around, containing theories as to how I follow Jayce around and how I'm so "madly in love with him", which is a total lie by the way. What really sucks is that people believe whatever they hear, and not by what they see.

As I walked to the cafeteria, I felt a heavy weight onto my shoulder; an arm.

"How's my favorite bookworm?" Parker said, strolling next to me.

Bookworm.

I looked at my shoes sheepishly as I recalled Jayce's pet name for me.

"I'm... alright." I hesitantly replied.

He raised his eyebrows at me, while walking into the crowed cafeteria, in search for our usual table.

"Do I want to know?" He asked.

I quickly shook my head, just as we took our seats at the lunch table, "Nah, not important."

Colton had joined us, along with Lillian by his side. We greeted them, and ate our lunches with the occasional conversation coming up. It was as if my two best friends had taken in Parker as a part of our group.

"So will I see you guys at the game on Friday?" Parker questioned, finishing up his sandwich.

"Well I know I'll be there, " Colton replied politely.

"Unfortunately Alex and I can't make it," Lillian chimed in, "We have got a lot of catching up to do."

I saw a look of slight disappointment flash itself on Parker's face, but brushed it off quickly.

Just as I was about to take a sip from my Coke can, I noticed Lillian grimace. Her eyes were set on something behind me.

She rolled her eyes, continuing eating her bag of M&M's, "I don't understand how two exes can just sit with each other and not find it extremely awkward."

I turned around to see what she was talking about.

And there they were.

Looking like no breakup ever happened, there they sat, Jayce and Quinn, not necessarily next to each other, but near enough to know that they were engaging in the same conversation. But what confused me the most was that Miles and Quinn were practically conjoined together right in front of Jayce's face. 

I will never understand how breakups actually work.

"That always happens." Parker stated, seeing what I was seeing.

I raised my eyebrows questionably, "So they breakup, yet act like nothing is wrong?"

He shook his head, turning back towards the rest of us, "Not just them, everyone there."

He noticed our puzzled expressions, "You see, that particular group-"

"The 'popular' group," Lillian intervened.

"Whatever you want to call it. Basically everyone there is a close tight knit group, and it doesn't matter whether or not you breakup with someone who is currently in that group. If two people breakup, they act like nothings wrong because no one wants to ruin the perfect balance of the popular people in this school."

Huh, so it is possible for this school to get even more shallow and obnoxious.

"I'm beginning to think that we're turning into some stereotypical coming of age movie." Colton said, munching on a few potato chips.

I sighed, "That'd be better than what's actually going on now."

The bell rang signaling the end of the lunch period. We all bid each other goodbye as I threw away the remnants of my lunch. I was about to head out of the cafeteria, when someone grasped my arm.

Turning around, I scowled, "So now you want to talk?"

Jayce sighed, looking around the room, "My house."

"What about your house?" I questioned impatiently, urging to get to class.

"After school, I'm taking you to my house."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Isn't kidnapping illegal?"

"Not if I'm taking you to do something very important, that will not only benefit me, but yourself as well." He replied.

Still completely clueless, I walked away from him, not having the time to set myself up to being ignored and hurt once again.

"The project!" He called, just as I was about to push open the cafeteria doors. "The Shakespeare one? I'm taking you after school to my house to work on that project, are you in or out?"

I closed my eyes, running my hand through my hair. Turning around to face him, I replied, "I'm in."

His deep dark eyes lit up with triumph, his pearly white smile appeared on his face, "Great. I'll meet you by the school's entrance. I don't have my car today, so I'll get us a ride from a friend, is that alright?"

I nodded, fighting a small grin to come out.

"I'm sorry, once again Alex." He apologized.

I bit down on my lip, not knowing exactly what to say, "You seem to say that a lot."

His face then turned serious, "I'll explain to you the reason why I act the way I do around you at school, only when we're alone. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I said with slight amusement in my voice.

He let out a chuckled, "Hey, I kept my promise back in middle school didn't I?"

That was definitely something I didn't like to think about on a daily basis, but he wasn't wrong. 

I felt my chest drop down into the pit of my stomach, having the memory flow back to me, so thankful that Jayce was there for me that day, "Technically you did. 3 years later, I'm surprised you even remembered."

"Of course I did, that day really was an eye opener for me."

I huffed, "I bet it was."

-

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE 

Until next time,

-queenfreakco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
692 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
1.9K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...