The Second Chance [Kongpob/Ar...

By spectral416

Arthit missed his chance to confess to Kongpob on the Rama Bridge, five years ago. Opportunity doesn't come k... More

Chapter 1 : A Missed Opportunity
Chapter 2 : Everything Begins and Ends With You
Chapter 3 : Obstacles
Chapter 4: Of Jealousy and Mishaps
Chapter 5 : Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn
Chapter 7 : We've Only Just Begun
Chapter 8 : Of Unrequited Crushes and Deadly Encounters
Chapter 9 : Sweet Summer Nights and Chilling Morning Blues
Chapter 10 : Peculiar Interrogations and Heated Arguments
Chapter 11 : Sinister Undertones of the Night
Chapter 12 : The Sun-Kissed Moon
Chapter 13 : The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
Chapter 14 : Is It Love, Finally?
Chapter 15 : Be Still, My Bleeding Heart
Chapter 16 : Revelations
Chapter 17 : Bad News Comes to Town
Chapter 18 : A Startling Discovery
Chapter 19 : It's Dangerous Business, Walking Out Your Front Door
Chapter 20 : The Man Behind the Mask
Chapter 21 : Sins of the Son
A/N : Explanation
Chapter 22 : Aftermath
Chapter 23 : Right Here, Waiting
Chapter 24 : The Gentle Giant's Tale
Chapter 25 : The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 26 : Lover's Tiff
Chapter 27 : The Haunting Past
Chapter 28 : Family Ties
Chapter 29 : Initiation
Chapter 30 : Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Chapter 31 : The Fragile Gift of Life
Chapter 32 : Dead on Arrival
Chapter 33 : Unfounded Accusations
Chapter 34 : Love Is A Strange, Mysterious Thing
Chapter 35 : Set The Truth Free
Chapter 36 : Jealous Lovers
Chapter 37 : Girl of Mysterious Sorrow
Chapter 38 : A Crushing Realization
Chapter 39 : Cruel Intentions
Chapter 40 : Love and Misunderstandings
Chapter 41 : Knight in Shining Armour
Chapter 42 : Towards Greener Pastures
Chapter 43 : Night Changes
A/N : Trivia and Tidbits
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [1]
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [2]
Special Chapter: Case of the Captain's Daughter [3]
Translation

Chapter 6 : On a Collision Course to Nowhere

8.7K 533 93
By spectral416

Arthit sniffed loudly, he was coming down with a cold. The elevator dinged, he got in quickly, legs shaking with jitters. They would receive their personnel reports today, Arthit had been eyeing the promotion to assistant manager.

The only other occupant in the elevator, the director's personal assistant offered Arthit a smile. Arthit for all he tried, couldn't remember his name. He bowed his head in greeting. The lights flickered suddenly followed by the elevator coming to a standstill.

The assistant began to press at the emergency button urgently. He was panicking, looking wildly for an escape. Arthit touched his shoulder hesitatingly.

"Sir, are you alright?"

The man grasped at his hands suddenly, his palms were slick with sweat.

"No, no. I hate small spaces - "

Arthit looked around briefly, he opened the panel in the elevator wall taking out the phone.

"Hello?"

Arthit's eyes flickered to the man hyperventilating in front of him, and then he went back to staring at the wall in front of him.

"Yes - yes, 3A. Two people, listen the man with me is having a tough time - claustrophobia, yes. Okay, thanks. Bye."

He gently kneeled down next to the man.

"Help's coming. There was some kind of software error, while they were installing some new antivirus programs -"

He stopped, it didn't seem the man was registering what he was saying.

"What's your name, Sir?"

"G-Gun. You - you don't have to call me Sir."

"P'Gun, help's coming. Take deep breaths, okay?"

Arthit pulled out his cellphone, typing a quick message to Knott. He repeated the same message to Kongpob, just in case. He needed to keep P'Gun distracted.

"P'Gun? How long have you been working for the director?"

"Six years this April."

Something rattled above them. The elevator went silent for a brief moment followed by a free fall of few inches.

P'Gun had fainted.

***********************************************************************

Arthit ran his fingers along the seam separating the two doors of the elevator, if they were close enough to a floor they could climb out. But what could he use to lodge it open?

"P'Arthit?"

Arthit had never been so relieved to hear Kongpob's voice. He shouted back loudly.

"Kongpob! We're here - Kongpob! -"

"P'Arthit? Hold on, stand back from the door."

Arthit watched slowly as the doors rattled, separating inch by inch. Kongpob's legs came into view. They were a little ways off from a floor. Arthit watched as Kongpob's muscles strained with the effort, he twisted the length of the metal rod he was using to prop the door open.

Kongpob's face appeared then, he was bent at the knees, holding a hand out towards Arthit.

"Give me your hand, P'."

"Kongpob, wait. There's a man who has fainted here, get him out first."

He watched as Kongpob warred with himself for a moment.

"Fine. Prop him up on your shoulders, I'll pull him out."

The elevator creaked ominously, Arthit's fingers slipped as he tried to hoist P'Gun over his shoulder. His knees buckled with the weight, praying he had done enough for Kongpob to pull him out. A brief struggle later, the man was pulled out. Kongpob was breathing harshly as he held out his hand for Arthit to take.

The elevator fell another few inches, Arthit watched dumbfounded as Kongpob pushed himself through the opened doors, joining him in the rickety elevator.

"What the hell are you doing, you idiot?"

"You're too tired, P'Arthit. Come here, I'll give you a boost -"

"Kongpob!-"

"There isn't time for arguments. Just for once, do as you're told, P'Arthit."

Arthit had just placed a hand on Kongpob's back, when there was rushed air, a loud splat, followed by Kongpob's cursing before the lights went out. The elevator was shrouded in pitch darkness now. Arthit struggled to regain balance, his hands stretched out looking for Kongpob.

"P'?"

Kongpob's voice was so close, Arthit felt Kongpob hold his hand pulling him sharply into his arms. Arthit trembled, wondering if this was the end. He hugged Kongpob back tightly, wondering at the poetic justice of it all. Here he was in the arms of the only man who made his heart beat faster, but he had never been able to say those words.

"Kongpob?"

"Yes, P'?"

"Five years ago, on that bridge -"

Kongpob exclaimed suddenly, his arms tightening around Arthit.

"There! I can see light there - "

He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted loudly.

"We're here. Help! Hello -"

Arthit finally felt the effects of the lowering levels of oxygen. He could feel himself losing consciousness, Kongpob held him tightly.

"P'Arthit! P' -"

*****************************************************************

Arthit woke to Knott's face peering at him in concern. He struggled to sit up, he was resting on a stretcher, the flickering lights of the ambulance were making his head hurt. Knott forced him back down.

"Ai'Arthit, stop it. Settle down - what's wrong?"

"Kongpob, where is he? Did he get out safely?"

"Arthit! Calm down, yes - he's fine. His leg got banged up pretty bad, he tried to carry you out on his back - they've taken him to the hospital."

Arthit was struck by the sudden urgency to see for himself, he held Knott's fingers tightly.

"Take me to him, please Ai'Knott."

"I will. I promise, as soon as the doctor checks you over -"

Arthit closed his eyes, the exhaustion of the life threatening event catching up to him. He was already fast asleep by the time Knott finished speaking.

********************************************************************

Arthit sneaked out of his room in the hospital, the doctor had insisted he stayed over for the night. He flashed a bright smile at the elderly receptionist. She didn't look amused.

"Sir, what are you doing out of bed?"

"I'm fine, but I have to see if he's alright. My - my, boyfriend -"

She pursed her lips before allowing the briefest of smiles to escape.

"What's his name, then dear?"

"Kongpob. Kongpob Sutthiluk."

"He's in room 12, just 5 minutes though and then I want you back in your bed, alright?"

"Yes, thank you."

He pressed his face against the door of room 12, worrying about the state he would find Kongpob in.

"Oh, P'Arthit?"

Kongpob was sitting up, his glasses were perched on his nose as he scribbled away in a black notebook which he closed promptly upon seeing Arthit. His leg was propped up on a pillow, covered in bandages. Arthit was by his side in a flash.

"What happened?"

Arthit touched his bandaged leg almost reverently. Kongpob placed his palm on top of Arthit's hand. Arthit watched him with wide eyes.

"It's nothing. Are you okay, P'Arthit?"

"Idiot! I'm perfectly fine but -"

Kongpob squeezed his hand gently, Arthit removed his hand from under his. A shock coursed through his veins.

"P'Arthit, just before you fainted, do you remember saying something?"

Arthit stuttered, he had no recollection of saying anything. He shook his head in an exaggerated fashion.

"Something about five years ago, on the bridge?"

The colour flooded out of Arthit's face, he fidgeted before putting his hands in the pockets of the hospital pajamas.

"No - no - I must have been delirious -"

Kongpob hummed in reply.

*****************************************************************

The next morning, Arthit was discharged with a bill of good health. He hesitated outside Kongpob's room, he could make out June's silhouette from outside. He knocked with trepidation.

"Kongpob? How are you doing? Hello, June."

June bit her lip, she tucked a dark strand behind her ear. Even the worry, clear as day on her face did little to diminish her beauty.

"P'Arthit, hello. Do you think you could help out with something actually?"

Kongpob shook his head from his vantage point, clearly wishing June hadn't said anything.

"Sure, N'June. How can I help?"

"Well, you see, the doctor has agreed to let Kong go home but only if someone stays with him to help around. I would have done it, but my parents are visiting at the moment. Do you think you could -"

"P'Arthit would be busy -"

"It's no problem at all."

Arthit hid his smile as he watched June bully Kongpob into submission. She smiled pleasantly at Arthit.

"Thank you, P'Arthit. To tell you the truth, I always thought Kong was lying when he mentioned how kind you were -"

Kongpob refused to meet his eye, playing with an idle thread on his bed sheets instead. June collected her things, depositing the medicines and instructions with Arthit.

**************************************************************

Kongpob leaned heavily on Arthit as they made their way to his apartment door. Arthit unlocked the door helping Kongpob onto a sofa before systematically going through the medicines and salves.

"Kongpob?"

"Yes, P'?"

"Thank you for - you know - saving me -"

"It's my duty."

Arthit bit down his disappointment, of course Kongpob was acting in the role of a law enforcement officer. He redressed Kongpob's wound gently.

"But even if it wasn't, I would have done the same."

Arthit didn't understand how such a simple statement could make his insides feel warm.

****************************************************************

A/N : A mystery is afoot XD. I'm not too happy with the way the chapter turned out, but it is what it is.

On an unrelated note, for people who don't like the way the characters are portrayed here, I completely understand. Might I request them to search for story lines which match their interest rather than spreading negativity. This is the last and only time I will address this, sorry to be a downer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 7.1K 31
4years 4years of relationship brought Arthit and Kongpob into what they are today. The love between them was unconditional and pure. Their love didn'...
26.8K 1.2K 25
SOTUS Fan Fiction. Arthit and Kongpob both had regrets in the past, how did they overcome those when they finally met again? Notes: bxb M-Preg Harsh...
14.4K 730 18
What if Arthit did not accept Kong's proposal in episode 12 and they drift apart after graduation? What if, after 9 years they meet again in a rather...
139K 3K 8
Some SOTUS fan fiction detailing all the sexy scenes that we never got to see on the screen. Completely from my imagination of course. Starting with...