The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?

95 7 2
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?

Bavo POV

Have you ever had one of those days when you said to yourself: I am so bored I could go out and kill something. Well, watch what you ask for you never know what you might get saying something stupid like that, trust me, I know first hand. Truly I do. I said that last night at the dinner table to the family, and got my butt chewed off for it, right good too. I though I was the head of this group, but with this many women, fat chance of that being true. One male never stands a chance against a house full of females. Thrust me on this too, I know I am, Bavo the sorry male that has to live with all their ravaging hormones on a daily basis. Sigh.

We had been practicing all day downstairs—just the three of us—seeing as Valia and her daughter Diana were regulated to the outdoors now for all their training. We were working on a new quicker entry kill technique that we hoped—with the way Valia and Diana's increase in powers would boost everything we did—we could utilize that power in this design for faster entry and a cleaner kill. If all worked out as planned between the increase in speed and my fire strength we should be in, and able to systematically kill just the exact intended targets leaving the rest safe and sound. It was a bold plan, but we were refining the details for the last week. The only hard part was is determining the increase in power Valia and or Diana would force upon me at the time of entry. That alone would determine my degree of accuracy. Bold, but doable.

Valia POV

Diana and I have been busy helping out Wilda and Stela all day with the manors mid week cleanup. Every Wednesday they go through the whole place strip the beds and curtains and do all the wash along with picking up all the laundry for all the rooms throughout the manor. We have all been busy helping to give them a break due to the fridge Arctic cold outside, and more that four feet of snow on the ground out by the lake we found today, when we flashed out there to check. So, here we are helping out to give us something to do so we don't pull our hair out instead. Bavo's little comment last night at dinner I could have kicked him for; he could have jinxed us with a comment like that. Everybody told him to be careful what he wished for he just might get it. Stupid Boy! Of all things. Sigh.

“Mother?”

“Down here Diana,” I rang out. I had no idea where she was calling me from, just I heard her calling me with the musical voice of hers. 'Mother, where are you?' 'In the sitting room hanging drapes, honey, you?'

“Hi,”

“Yipes,”

“I got ya! Hang in there.”

“Thanks I almost fell. Never do that when I am up on a ladder I almost fell!”

“Sorry, mother, what are you doing way up there?”

“Someone had to hang these. Wilda and Stela, were busy so I decided to hang them to darken the room so I could watch some TV.”

“Oh. I see. Need some help, I am finished up on the second floor all the beds are made?”

“Sure, can you get the other end and lift it up to make hanging easier, please.” That sure makes hanging a drape the length of a wall so much easier. “There, finished now we can see the TV. With all that light coming in I couldn't make anything out.” We went over, and collapsed in the couch to relax, and the volume came up in the couch for us to hear. I let out a contented sigh. I was bushed.

News Flash: Fighting breaks out on the east coast of 'New England' the Queen can't get help out to the area due to the nature of the incident of the attack. The attack is at a private compound of a German company on land solely owned and Nationals under ownership of that country. The New England has no jurisdiction what so ever to even help out or lend a helping hand if they wanted to. More News at five PM. Back to your standard local programming.

“Mother Goddess. They are attacking our retirement community at Winterton-on-Sea. We better tell the other fast, and go get ready to help out.” 'Bavo, Icka, Lady Gaia sitting room stat!' I mind sent. They all responded in a few seconds and were in front of us wanting to know what was up. “We just got the news from the Human news agency that there is fighting going on over in Winterton-on-Sea. That is our retirement home. We best get ready to go help out as soon as possible.” I explained why I had called everyone.

“Wonderful, great going Bavo you and your big mouth.” Lady Gaia complained.

“What did I do?” He asked.

“Look, never mind. Just. Just, get going we have no time for all this. Hurry up and get ready.” I pushed they along. I flashed Diana, and myself up to our room to change. We were ready in no time thanks to my new organizing skills. I set us a new armoire strictly with all our fighting gear, and clothes so it was a one stop place for the two of us. Now it takes us less time to search for what we need. “Were ready to go is everyone else? Has anyone check in with Command Central to see what is going on?” I asked.

“It is just coming in you should have your copy... now.” Bavo stated after a long pause. I looked at my left wrist noting the message indicator, and sure enough I had a message waiting for me on my Flexi-vuescreen. While we were waiting on the others to get here, Diana and I opened our tablets up, and read the message requesting our help. The funny thing if you can consider anything funny with fighting, is how we knew about the attack before they did. “We are ready Lady Gaia if you would do the honors say up in your old room please.” She had a room up in an old tower—a big circular room full of windows in every direction with the door in the floor which she never used it had bolts to lock it shut if she so chose to do so.

We flashed as a group over, and up to Lady Gaia's old room in the turret of the old castle before it was redesigned into the retirement home. From way up here we could hear all the fighting go on down below us. We each took to a window; there being windows in every direction in this round room with the peaked roof. It was quite a massive room for a round one still. Lady Gaia. kicked the locks on the floor door so no one could accidentally surprise us while we had our back to the door in the center of the room. Down below us in the courtyards, and out beyond the walls what was left of them was masses of wolves and demons. The Wolves weren't the problem during the day it was the demons. They had managed to infiltrate the security on the estate, and kill many of the guards protecting the inner walls, though unlike Ravenwood this was just a single walled estate. By the sound of it the wolves had not entered the building at the present nor the demons, but were close to that point at any minute. The estate was better reinforced than the old walled system was due in part to new materials used in the renovations.

“Any suggestions? We still have a couple hours till dark, we really don't want a remake of last month with the God of the Sun, Apollo here in the 'New England' especially if their News agency for humans is onto us.” Bavo stated.

“You do know when we use Goddess' Power it will light this whole place up like Christmas time right?” I explained with a shake of my head, sometimes that boy is so dense. “Day or night our powers are going to be a display impossible to hide from the public.”

“I never though of that. You're right so we can either use God Fire or wait till it gets dark and ask Dian's mother to help us out here.” Bavo asked. Like it was that easy forgetting what it did to me the last time I used God Fire. No way. No how. I would go through that again.

“We wait, Bavo I am not using God Fire again, well, not this soon anyway. Not to save this bunch.” I shook my head side to side. “These are the ones that caused most of the trouble for us with all the transfer to this brand new complex in the first place. It was pure luxury and all they ever did was complain. As if!” Can't satisfy them anyway you try. “Sunset should be in less that two hours, and looks like they are holding them off nicely if need be we will just go down there and help out till the sun sets.” I supplied. I sat down and put my feet up against the wall, and leaned back to rest up; this is going to be a long night I could see it already.

As night was falling I placed a call out to Lady's Xandria and Samantha to come, and aid us with what I had planned for Diana's and my safety. I knew that the other three would be safe when we started using Goddess' Power they usually only went out for a few seconds after it was all finished, but Diana and I, were different we wend down heavily, and for our safety I wanted a safety net; someone to catch us should either or both of us fall from the great height we were going to have to use tonight.

“Lady Xandria, Lady Samantha. Do you each understand what I need each of you to do tonight? It is imperative that you understand your place in this ceremony. You can in no way interfere under any circumstance what so ever. Doing so could interfere with what we are trying to accomplish here and or kill one of us in the process.” I had to stress these facts.

“We understand completely, Your Grace.” They bowed their heads.

“Good then it is a go Lady Samantha you take Diana, and Lady Xandria you are with me. Let's head out.” I said marching for the roof.

“Yes, Your Grace. They both followed along behind us. Diana I wasn't too worried about with her being on a totally flat roof, it was just an added security measure for my sanity where Diana was concerned. Me on the other hand a four story drop unconscious that was something hard to recover from; even for a vampire like me. Bavo, Icka and Lady Gaia would all be tied to the roof with strong ropes for safety, they just had to be able to move side to side where as they told me my body lifts, spins, lays flat out, does so many things when I am under God Fire or Goddess' Power that it isn't safe to do under heights where landing might injure me like back at Ravenwood did.

I stand at the very edge of the roofs edge looking down at possibly thousands if not tens of thousands of massing wolves and demons. From my spot on the western edge I can see far and wide almost three side of bodies below. My body gets the massive bolt of Goddess Power before I even expected it or for that fact am ready. I am thrown up high into the air, and am wrenched horizontal then start to spin, then go black!

I wake. Again! White ceilings, walls, floors, sheets covers. This is getting old! Where am I this time? I don't recognize the stark white environment, but I do recognize the tubes in my arms tied to the bed. Again! Give me a break did I fall again? Hit my head? No nothing seems to hurt anywhere? Hum. “Your Grace how do you feel? Good to see you back among the living.” Not another one!

“Would you get up off your knees, please. Where am I this time?” I asked, frustrated with the 'Your Grace' routine it really is getting old.

“You are still in Winterton-on-Sea at the retirement home for the wolves. Lady Xandria wouldn't let us move you to Germany after your fall back to the roof a week and a half ago; for your safety. She was afraid it would hamper your recovery.” A week and a half? 'Mother, is that you?' 'Diana? Honey? Where are you? Come here please.' I called to my daughter. She flashed into my room scaring the nurse attending to me half to death. I gave a laugh. “Giggle, Hi Honey I guess I did it again. Miss me much?”

“Of course, this is getting so old, Mother. I had a long talk with mother about you, and what keeps happening, she really doesn't know a way to stop it; you are just so powerful now, we are that is. She said it will only get worst if we keep it up because the more we use our combined powers the closer to hers we become,”

“So, if you and I keep using Goddess Power we will eventually be like the Goddess herself?” This sounds too much to believe.

“No, mother. If we keep using Goddess and God Powers we will become; Goddess', is what she said. We will no longer need her or the God for our power. We will be all powerful, within, we are so close right now with you being out so long each time we use it, it is just a matter of time before it happens, she told me.”

“Oh. My. Goddess!” I flopped back against the pillow that was laying on my bed. “Are you sure? Us. Goddess'. For real?” I can't believe this. Me? No way. I am not pure enough to be even considered. 'Mother! Don't say that! Mother wouldn't have picked you to have me if you weren't' Diana reminded me. “If you say so, Diana, honey.”I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. Before me a crowd appeared, a very familiar one at that, I had been here before back when Lady Xandria and I went to the Sacred mountain, and I went before the, Goddess in the Goddess Plane. I am back again, but how without the ceremony to get there?

'Mother Valia, it is nice to see you again,' I hear in my head. I go to bow, but I have no body to do so with. 'Mother of the Moon,' I reply back. 'You summoned me?' I asked. 'Yes dear girl, I as you, worry for your kind. There are too many of my precious ones causing problems for your kind down on the surface, and it troubles me so. It is why I as your Goddess along with my consort have decided to try you, and as such have found you a worthy champion for Earths causes as Goddess of Earth.' 'Me? Mother Goddess? Champion of Earth's causes?' I asked. 'Yes my dear girl you have earned it my dear one. You and my daughter Diana have proven your worth to us time and again. We ask that you join us not here in the heavens, but back on Earth as one of us, to Guide our Daughter in our ways as you do now, and lead her rightly in the path of the true Goddess she is as are you now. Together you are one with the other one with myself a powerful Goddess. Stand up for what is right, and put an end to all this infighting among my children. It is wrong. Daughter of light. Daughter of Water. I grant you the Power of the Goddess' from this day forth, So be it. I command it!' 'I accept Mother Goddess.'

I woke with a violent gasp falling back down to the bed with a bounce. The whole room gasped around me. “She is glowing green!” I heard from more than one place around me. “Praise be the Goddess.” I opened my eyes. “Her eyes are glowing purple! She is Goddess all Praise Her Grace!” The noise as they all dropped down to their knees around me was defining with my new inhansed hearing. I winced back in pain for a second. I went to get up, thinking of rising there were no covers over me, but my whole body lifted up level, then... I slid to the edge of the bed... my feet went down, but as I went to stand my feet never touched the floor... I hovered just over it an inch or two... I looked down... then back up... Around at all the stunned faces. I was still in a fog; almost like the Goddess Plane type of fog. Nothing was registering. Diana ventured forward. “Mother. Goddess. Take my hand I will guide you.” My arm went up of it's own accord, she took my hand in hers, I snapped out of it coming down till my feet touched the floor. “That is better, mother. Mother Goddess explained it would be this way when she blessed you with Goddess's Powers. You are now one with her now.” Diana explained to me. The rest of the room gasped out, and I heard mumbling; Her Grace, Valia, is a Goddess, now? What do we call her, now?

Diana, shooed everyone out of the room as I sat back down on the edge of my bed. I looked to her as she came away from the sick room door. “Mother? How do you feel?” I looked away at first around the room, it felt like my head was moving in slow motion. When I finally made it back to looking at Diana.

'Funny..., very light... Jerky. The room is blurry when I turn my head too fast.' I held my head with both my hands so I wouldn't move it again. 'That is... better.' Sigh.

“It will get better fast. It only took me a little while before the effects wore off. Lay back, and rest when you wake it will be over, and you will feel much better.” I did as she said closing my eyes, and drifted off to sleep. A dreamless sleep.

When I woke I was right as rain. The sun was shining outside, and the birds were chirping off in the distance. I went to reach down to move the covers off of me, and they went flying off against the wall. Startled, I slid out of bed slipping my feet into the pair of slippers at the side of the bed, and went to go for the house coat on the chair I extended my hand, the darn house coat flew straight into my outstretched hand. What in the world is going on here? Moving things with my mind; no way, no how. I stopped in my tracks, and looked behind me at my Flexi-vuescreen sitting on the bedside table, and thought with an outstretched hand, and it flew into my right hand. Amazing. I snapper it around my wrist and headed for the door, and almost got hit in the face by the door opening on it's own. Darn, I better watch where I am going this could be dangerous. 'Diana? Where are you? I need you right away outside my room please.' I called out, this is as far as I am going without an explanation. She flashed to my side in an instant. 'Mother, how are you feeling this morning?' 'Much better, honey. I have a few problems maybe you can help me with?' 'Anything, sure what are they?' 'Well, first off I went to get out of bed, and the covers flew off me without touching them. Then I went to reach for my house coat, and it flew to me and this, this came to me just by thinking for it.' I pointed to my Flexi-vuescreen. She burst out into musical laughter. 'Mother, that is your Goddess Powers exerting themselves around you. I have them also. Watch.' She turned back toward my door, and it flew open, and slammed against the wall. 'Oh! Sorry, I don't know my own strength just yet. Giggle.' There is that musical laughter again I love so much.

“Come. Mother, I just brought you something to wear from home so you will be more comfortable, your dress you wore here was destroyed, sorry.”

“That is OK, honey, it was an older one I use in the winter time I can make a new one any day.” She led me back into the room to change. Pulling out one of my favorite dresses a blue green number with jewels running down the front of the breast. It was another winter dress. When we were ready she led me out of the room, and down a long hallway of windows, when I asked her why we weren't flashing she told me it didn't work the first few times for her, so rest up. Sounded good to me. We took the elevator to the first floor down to the dining hall; walking in and the place went dead quiet. Every eye in the place turned toward us, they they all rose up, then dropped to their knees with their heads bowed there wasn't a single wolf, vampire or person looking at us in the room, nor a noise that could be heard other than our breathing. “Rise, as you were take your seats.” I commanded. They were very slow to stand, but not a single sole took a seat in the room. “What?” I looked around at everyone staring at me. A single male wolf stepped forward—bold move on his part—“Your Grace, Goddess? May I speak for my people?”

This should be interesting, I though to myself after what my Goddess Mother told me. “Yes, you may speak.” I held Daughter Diana's hand by my side and faced the wolf.

“Your Grace... Um... If I may call you that still?” I raised my hand interrupting the wolf.

“First off let's clear the air here,” I walked with Diana to the center of the room so we wouldn't have to raise our voices. “I am your Goddess of this Earth from here on out. My daughter here beside me is the one you have prayed to all your lives for a successful hunt and plentiful pups, you all bow down to her as you do me for it is through her as your Goddess that all life comes to you, and through me that it is taken away,” I looked around at all the stunned faces in the room. To make my point I pointed my finger at the wolf, and slowly brought him to his knees before me. “Parlor tricks,” I said simply. A simply display over the wolf. “You may stand, Now as I was saying your kind has been causing way too much problems for our Moon Goddess, and she wants me, us to deal with it. If I am going to deal with it then I am putting all of the blame on your heads, the heads of the wolves.” I looked at the wolves before me start to grumble.”Silence!” My voice rang out. “You will not disrespect me I will end you this instant do I make myself clear?”

“Yes Your Grace!” The room grew silent.

“Very well then, as I was saying. There has been too much trouble from your species over the years, she wants it stopped at all cost. Mother is tired of loosing her children to all this fighting and wars. All of you are going to help stop the fighting, or I will be forced to wipe the Earth of your race completely is that understood?” I asked.

“Yes, Your Grace.” I heard a chorus ring back at me.

“Very well. I will be heading to Germany to meet up with your Queen later today to set it up. Start getting ready for your orders to come down from the High Council. No Exception!” We turned and walked to the serving line to get something to eat the only problem was when I got there I found the only thing I wanted was... Blood? I had no appetite for food. Strange. I turned to Diana. “Honey? I'm not hungry? Are you?”

“Um... I was waiting to tell you about that. Mother... We don't need to eat any more. Just a little blood once in a while.” Darn there goes Christmas dinners. 'I guess so.' She smiled up at me. I filled two glasses with blood from the tap and handed one to Diana, and sipped the other, it was just the thing to take the edge off. “Shall we have a seat by the window?”

When I felt my energy level peak I stood and pulled Diana behind me. “Come, time to leave.” The second we were in the hallway away from prying eye I flashed us over to Germany to the concourse area startling the guards. I almost had a laugh when they dropped to their knees and blessed themselves. I pulled Diana behind me at a rapid pace to the Queens chambers; it was nighttime here at the castle. Perfect time for an evening impromptu visit. We came upon the Queens bedroom chambers door. “Is she in?” I asked her guards. “Oped the door then,” He beat on the door three times we heard, 'Open' command. I waved my hand, and the two doors opened before us startling the guards. “As you were,” We went in. “Hello Grandmother how are you doing. We have a problem we could us your help with if you have the time?” We walked in, and sat down in one of her maroon soft chairs, oh so comfortable. We need a set of these in our bedroom back at home. 'I agree, Mother, the Queen is about to get mad I hope you know,' 'Just wait for it, Diana,”

“Just who the hell do you think you are barging in here like that, Your Grace?” The Queen exploded. We sat there nice and quiet, I guess no one sent her the message yet. Hum. 'Oh, didn't I tell you I asked Bavo not to.' I snicker. Holding up my hand as she drew in another lung full of breath to blast us some more. My guess was the crowns next.

“Excuse me, My Queen. I don't believe you know quite who you are speaking to at the present. It is no longer just 'Your Grace' and 'Her Holiness'. Our Goddess, the Moon Goddess saw fit to elevate both Diana and I to Goddess status. Diana is a true Goddess now and Mother has made me her Goddess of the Earth to watch over, and deal with all inhabitence of the Earth. Most specifically our little problem we have had all our lives here on this little planet we call, Earth. So, you see before you go exploding on me again or complaining about anything; give respect when it is due, My Queen.” I bowed my head in her direction. I never saw her move so fast. “You may rise, there is no need for that in privet. You know how much I hate that sort of thing.” She stood back up.

“A Goddess? Both of you? I don't believe this!” She shook her head as she came closer looking at us both. “I guess that explains the slight glow around you both. But Goddess' really? Wow!” She went back over to her bed and sat on the edge of it. “You said you had a problem you needed my help with? What is it?”

“I just reinstated all the retired wolves from Winterton-on-Sea back into service to stem the tide of wolf fighting in the world or I will wipe them all out. I need you to send out the orders ASAP to get the ball rolling tonight. I will help you with anything you need me to do.” She fell back against the bed with a whoosh.

“You know this is not going to go over very well, right? “The King is wolf, as is the Lord, aand is his father. This could stir up a world of problems.”

“I am not including the Royal family in this.”

“The Lord's farther is at the retirement home as we speak,” 'Diana, honey would you do the honors, and go get him and bring him back here please?' She disappeared. A few minutes later she was back with the Lord's father. “Lord Gruffin, welcome.” The Queen quickly rose up off the bed, and curtsied to the Lord.

“Problem solved.” He turned when he heard my voice, and dropped to his knees and blessed himself. “Rise, Lord Gruffin. I didn't have you brought here to run around on your knees.” He stood up quickly for an old guy to my amazement. “Hi gramps nice to finally meet you can I get a hug?” I stood up and went to him outstretched arms and all. After hugging him I sat back down. “Sit and get comfortable.” I told him. Diana was already sitting. “Remember what I told them back there you are not included in all that, Royal family is not included you will be helping me from right here in the castle along with your son and his son.” I explained. We spent the rest of the night along with the King, Lord and Lady in a very tiring meeting. Tiring for all of them—Diana and I never seemed to get tired.

Before morning their secretary sent off the mandate to the retirement home issuing the proclamation that all wolves are hereby reinstated back into the service of the Queen; no exceptions. All under the command of the three Royal wolves of the High Council who will be directing operations per the Goddess of the Earth, and Goddess Diana their Wolf Deity.

We stayed in our room there at the castle for a week getting it all set up.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

695K 17.7K 94
Everyone knew about Peter Parker but what if his story was different and he had a twin sister named Payton. After the avengers save them from hydra...
0 0 10
In the final book, set 2 years after the events of book 5, will Mary be able to undo what was done and bring back those that were lost. Mary and her...
572K 12.7K 62
Everyone remembers the legends of the feud between wolves and vampires. But what happens when the whole story isn't told and only a hand full of wol...
9.6M 372K 106
Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royalty} The world went to shit long before I...