104 Nights of Summers (BWWM)

By Jalesia_

"Well maybe I don't make six figures like the men you may be used to, but I promise I can show ya a good time... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not an Update
SEQUEL IS UP
Check In ♥

Chapter 20

8.5K 493 121
By Jalesia_

Been trying to be consistent with these updates y'all. 

I'm so bored with life right now so I will have the time to update whenever it reaches 20+ comments. 

I literally have nothing else to do so, the sooner the comments come, the sooner the update. I'm gonna post Loving You (Sequel to Loving Carter) here shortly too by the way.

The song above is sooooo good, once again, LOVE me some Brantley Gilbert man.  

Anywhoreeeeeeee....

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY ♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Nyla POV

I would never imagine seeing Maverick break down the way he did the other night. I haven't seen him since actually.He asked that I just go to the home my Dad bought down here, and I complied, no matter how bad I didn't want that. He figured he would be better off alone for a little bit, and it has been torture. I haven't gotten a decent amount of sleep in the bed alone, and the bags under my eyes show it. I frown, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. 

"Lord, be with us." I sigh. 

Today was Taj's funeral and I couldn't be more scared for Maverick, who wasn't forced to speak, but didn't want to at the same time. I was just ready to see him, hold him, just be there for him like he wasn't allowing me to be. 

I check my phone as I parked outside the church. Nothing. It's been that way for the past few days, other than him asking if I needed anything, and my response always fall along the lines of 'I need you', and sometimes he'd say he loved and miss me, and other times, nothing at all.

Yeah three days may not seem long, but it is when you're just craving the presence of your person. I shake my head getting out of the car. 

Upon walking in, I immediately made eye contact with Maverick's mother, who insisted I sit with them. She waves me over with one hand, while wiping her face with a Kleenex with the other hand. 

"Oh I know you must feel so alone." she hugs me. I hug back a little confused as how she knows exactly what I've been feeling. "Maverick does that when he doesn't know how else to deal with his emotions."

"Oh I've been okay." I shrug a little. "How are you?"

"I'm okay as well." she nods. I felt a hand on my lower back, and from the feeling of comfort, and Sky's kicking, I knew exactly who it was. 

"I'll leave you two to talk." she gives my hand a little squeeze before walking away. I turn to face him. His eyes were low and red. I tilt my head looking at him.

"Are you high Maverick?"

"Shh! Not anymore." he laughs a bit. I just stare at him. I wasn't too crazy about that, but if that would help him cope with this, then I guess I'll deal with it.

I stare at Maverick as he stood behind a podium, keeping his head down. Silent sniffles from family, friends, teachers, classmates, etc filled the silence every now and then. 

"Taj, was uh, born with a very rare heart defect." he began. "A child with his condition isn't known to make past the age 6. And I am forever grateful to have been able to enjoy four extra years with Taj. He was smart, funny, and just hands down the coolest kid I know." he pauses. "I knew he didn't have very long to live so, I started taking him to sporting events, and things like that. Just to let him enjoy whatever time he had left. And Taj became my best friend." he laughs a bit, shaking his head. "I learned so much from that kid." his voice cracks. I wipe at the tears coming down my face. "Things about him, things about life, and even things about myself. And thought Taj is in a better place, and no longer suffering, 'if I could bring him back, and give him every organ in my body to keep his amazing spirit here, I would do it in a heartbeat." he drops his head, now crying. "And I know Taj wouldn't even accept that because that's just how selfless he is. We walk the earth unaware of why we are even here sometimes, but Taj knew as soon as he survived his first near death experience that he was put here to bring light into every life he touched. Many times, he would just look at me, or the other kids and say 'When I walk into that light, I hope you remember mine.' And as I stand here, literally struggling to even hold myself together, I realize that it's not even possible to forget it. Taj was my best friend, my wingman, and my hero. This is only see you later, not goodbye." he sobs."Thank you." he nods, stepping down and taking a seat next to me.  

I place a hand over his. Maybe not now, or any time soon, but everything was going to be okay.

Maverick POV

I stand watching them cover Taj's grave, officially out of tears. I've cried myself to sleep because honestly, I feel like I'm losing a child. But God is blessing me with one of my own, and I just hope that I raise my baby girl to be as smart and righteous as Taj. 

"I'm sorry you're going through this Maverick." I look up to see Abby walking towards me. I insisted that Nyla ride over to my family ranch without me. I couldn't stand for her to see me like this, and I don't want her to think I'm weak or something so I chose to just distance myself a little bit. 

"Thank you." I look back down. She stands next to me. Before long, I felt her hand inside mine. I look at her.

"Relax, I'm just trying to comfort you." she shrugs. I roll my eyes, but I don't move. 

A part of me wanted it, only because she was a piece of him as well. She was who I was with when I basically took care of Taj. Every sporting event, charity event, etc, she was there with Taj and I. So it's like a common connection. 

"Your speech was beautiful."

"Thanks." I shrug. I felt her thumb caress my hand, and look at her. She kept her eyes on Taj's fresh grave. 

"Um, Mav." I turn around to see my grandpa staring at our hands. "Uh, we're leaving now." he says. I quickly move my hand and just walk away. Another reason I shut people out when I'm emotional like this, I'm vulnerable. Yeah, it takes a real man to admit to some shit like that but it's true. If I wasn't going through anything like this, I wouldn't have said a single word to Abby.

Upon arriving to my family's ranch, I notice everyone is now changed into something less gloomy than black. I didn't even think to bring spare clothes, and it's damn near ninety degrees outside. But all of that, is the least of my worries, I just wanna see my woman.

"Anybody seen Nyla?" I ask walking onto the patio where my parents, and family friends sat. 

"Not since we got here. She may be upstairs in one of the guest rooms napping." My mom says. 

"Alright." I hurry off before they tried to talk to me, like I knew they would if I stood there. I opened about three guest room doors before I finally found Nyla sitting on the bed next to Cyrus.

My blood began to boil.

"Nyla, get the fuck out of here with him." 

"Maverick wh-" I just grab her wrist, pulling her up from the bed. 

"Mav, come on man-" 

"You mind your fucking business, and stay the hell away from Nyla, or I'll kill you with my bare hands." I snap.  

"You're hurting me Maverick!" she says as I pull her along with me into a different room. I let her hand go, and she looks at me like I've gone insane or something. "Don't you ever do that again."

"Why are you alone with him? I thought I told you to stay away from him, months ago!"

"I came upstairs to take a little nap! I'm pregnant Maverick! I sleep damn near all day you know that!"

"What the fuck does that have to do with him huh? You want him to have the satisfactory of ruining two of my relationships? Is that what it is?"

"We were talking about you! He was trying to figure out a way to get you to talk to him, and I was just trying to help. And I told him I was tired, and he just showed me a place I could nap. I asked him to sit and talk to me until you got here, and if I had known you were hand in hand with your ex, who is just as bad as Cyrus, maybe just maybe I would've gave you a reason to act out the way you just did." she shakes her head. She walks out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I run a hand through my hair and sigh. This is going to be a long night. 

I spent the rest of the evening in the cellar, drinking and smoking until I couldn't even see straight. I make my way upstairs, to the front door. I see Cyrus standing talking to Dad, and I'm feeling so loose right now. They had to set me up earlier or something because how the hell does Nyla know about me and Abby holding hands already? I walk up to him and push him. 

"Mav, what hell man?"

"Why do you aim to fuck up my relationships?" I slur. I was honestly barely able to stand. 

"Maverick, you need to go home." My dad says, pulling me away from Cyrus. 

"No Dad, let him talk." Cyrus says undoing the buttons on his shirt. "He clearly has a lot to get of his chest." he takes his shirt off. "You have so much built up anger at me, and for what? Because your ex fiance can't keep her legs close? Newsflash you dumb fuck, I wasn't the only one she cheated on you with. I'm just the only one you know about. And yeah, I told Nyla because she deserves to know she's a rebound because you're clearly not over something that happened years ago! So if you wanna fight, let's go Mav, but what's it gonna do besides let everybody know how not over the shit that happened you are."

I push my Dad's hands off of me, and walk up to him.

"Nyla's not a rebound, and you're out of your mind if you think I'm gonna lose her because of you or Abby. Fuck both of y'all." I spat, I bump him on my way to the front door. It's not even really worth it.

Nyla POV

I sat on the sofa, curled up with the heating pad, just listen to music from the stereo. A George Strait CD Maverick left in there. Sky loves this music or something because she's not as rowdy as she was before it started playing. There was a knock on the door. 

"Nyla!" I hear Maverick on the other side. "Let me in please baby, I need you." he slurs. Drunken and probably high ass mess. I shake my head, walking to the door. I open it to him throwing up off the side of the porch. 

"Maverick, you need to go home." I shake my head. "How did you get here?"

"I called an uber." he says breathing heavily. 

"Wait here." I sigh. I get my car keys and a little trashcan out the closet. 

The car ride to Mavericks was silent aside from him puking in the trashcan every now and then. I basically helped him shower and get into bed and with his drunk rambling that was not an easy task. 

I look at him as he laid in bed, shaking my head. 

"Good night Maverick." I turn to leave but not before his arms wrapped around me just before I made it to the door.

"Nyla please don't leave me." his voice wavered. I turn around and look at him. His eyes were watering. 

"Maverick." I shake my head. 

"I can't go another night without you. Please." he shakes his head. "I'm not okay." he shrugs. "Not even a little bit right now." he began crying. I felt my heart race as he literally fell to his knees, wrapping his arms around my body and laying his head on my belly. "I can't believe he's gone." he sobs. I get to his level and just wrap my arms around him.

We sat for hours in his living room floor just crying and holding each other. I didn't know what else to do honestly.

"I'm so sorry for what I did today. Everything. I just, I just can't control myself." he shakes his head. "I need you Nyla and that is all I know. Please just don't leave me."

"I won't leave you Maverick."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

It can't always be roses and shit. The next update is ready, and please be on the look out for Loving You (Sequel to Loving Carter). 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 17.5K 30
"Sir. I've done my job. Is there anything else?" I smiled cockily. "I specifically asked for a male driver, you're obviously a woman. I should get a...
244K 12.9K 65
Jasmine moves across the country to start fresh but wasn't ready to find love in the oddest situation.
429K 30.9K 69
"I'm a terrible dancer," I whisper. "And I guess the cowboy is much better than the city girl." My sarcasm is purely intended, and when he smiles hea...
34.7K 1.1K 11
Closed my eyes to imagine I was somewhere else. On a ranch with a cowboy. Licked my lips with an image of a sexy cowboy stood with his Stetson on his...