Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 β€’ Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

34

13.5K 384 50
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"To Nik," Rebekah finished.

"Yeah," Beth nodded. "I don't want anything to happen to him either... which is why I can't help them past this."

~~~

Beth had gone home right after that. She had finally made the choice not to help her friends. She didn't have it in her to do it, but when Rebekah called her that night she was right back where she started.

"Beth, it's Rebekah, I-I need to tell you something." The blonde's voice sounded like she was about to break into tears.

"What's wrong?"

"Nik, he..."

"Rebekah? What is it? What did he do?" She questioned.

"He killed our mother!" Rebekah exclaimed as she let out a sob.

"What? Rebekah, I don't know what to say... I'll be right there," Beth spoke before hanging up and running to her car.

She quickly drove to the Salvatore boarding where she saw the blonde original sitting by the fireplace who was sobbing as she stared at the flames.

"Rebekah," Beth said before she wrapped her arms around the girl.

"He lied to me. He lied to me for a thousand years. My own brother."

"I'm so sorry, Rebekah."

"How could he do this?" The blonde asked as she sobbed.

"Your mother ripped away a part of him. He was hurt. Klaus' worst flaws are his temperament and how impulsive he is. He can't control it... I don't think he has ever been able to," Beth reasoned.

"But he loves you... He was just afraid that you would abandon him like everyone else had if you knew the truth," the strawberry blonde explained to the blue eyed girl.

"And he was right to believe that!" Rebekah exclaimed as she suddenly stood.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Yes! This-This is unforgivable!" She yelled out as she wiped the tears that had fallen from her eyes which were now full of anger.

"I can't control what you do. But please, Rebekah, just don't forget that he is still your brother. The brother that you've spent a thousand years with."

The fire of the anger in her eyes extinguished for a second as she processed the girl's words and her features softened, but she remained silent before she turned her back on the strawberry blonde.

"I'm going to help them, Beth. Your friends. I'm gonna help them take him down."

"Uh... Wow... Rebekah, I..."

"Don't try to convince me otherwise. I've made my decision... and maybe you should rethink yours," She spoke as she finally turned to look at the green-eyed girl once again with the same fire in her eyes as before.

"What? Rebekah, I already told you that I can't help them."

"Beth, you need to understand that my brother will never change. He will always be as self-serving as he is now. You are a good person and I have learned that you see the good in everyone but he doesn't deserve that."

"Everyone deserves a chance."

"You are so innocent. He will ruin you."

"I don't believe that," Beth spoke honestly. Although she didn't believe the blonde's words, they did seem to affect her. They hurt her and that was apparent when her green eyes became glassy. Beth cleared her throat and blinked back her tears before speaking. "I-I should go."

~~~

The next morning, when the strawberry blonde woke she found that her phone wasn't in her house or her car. So she figured that she must have left her phone at the Salvatore boarding house the night before. So she climbed into her car and headed there. She would have normally just walked in, but something felt different that morning. She rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. Finally, the door swung open and Damon stood in front of the girl.

"Hello, Beth."

"Hey, I think I left my phone here, you mind if I check?"

The vampire simply shrugged and opened the door wider to let the girl pass. When she entered the living room she saw Elena standing over Stefan who was sitting on a chair with his phone to his ear and a body was laid across the floor. It was a vampire, an original to be exact. The man's body was gray and covered in thick dark veins with a silver dagger stuck in his chest. When the girl examined his face, she stepped back as an image of his body flaming up appeared in her brain.

"Beth? Beth!" Elena exclaimed until the girl finally turned.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?"

"Uhm, nothing. I left my phone last night, have you seen it?"

"Yeah. I found it earlier," she said as she reached over for the phone that was sitting with the drinks. "Here."

"Thanks. I should go. I'll see you guys later."

"Beth are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. But I need to go help prepare for the dance," Beth said forcing a smile.

~~~

After getting her phone back, Beth headed over to her high school. Caroline, Tyler, and pretty much everyone else had been making stuff outside but she had decided to start on the actual gym so she went inside. She and three other girls were the only ones inside the gym. They all started hanging up the stuff which was being brought in by the other students but after a while, the other girls left and Beth was the only one left. 

Beth stood on the top of a ladder hanging a streamer as she heard someone enter the gym. "Just leave it on one of the tables," Beth called out not bothering to look back because she figured that it was just any other student bringing in decorations.

"I didn't know I had to bring something," a familiar voice chuckled. Beth scoffed jokingly as she turned to look where the voice was coming from. "Hey, Beth," he spoke as the girl climbed down the ladder.

"Hi, Andrew," Beth smiled. "Where have you been? You make this awesome declaration at the decade dance and then completely disappear for months," She joked.

"While, I know that you're joking, how about I still make it up to you?"

"Okay... How would you do that?" Beth questioned curiously.

"You want to go to homecoming with me?"

"It's the night of the dance. How do you know I don't have a date already?"

"Because you never go to any dances with a date. But not for lack of proposals, but because you always say no."

Beth chuckled, "Okay, then. So if you know that, then why would you still ask?"

"It's either courage or stupidity, depending on your answer."

"Okay, so because you were so... brave, pick me up at 7."

"I'll be there," they boy smiled before he walked out of the gym.

~~~

Next Time on Pure Happiness

"Anyway, I didn't think you would come."

"That is the second time you've thought that," Ava pointed out. "By the way, this is my brother, Clarke."

"Oh, right. Hey."

"You must be Beth."

~~~

Author's Note

Hey, guys. I know it's been forever but I hope you liked the update. I actually really liked this one. It's the only update I've really been happy with in some time. I'm sorry that I hadn't updated in so long but not only was I really busy I was also suffering from a huge block. It wasn't really that I didn't know what to write, but it was also because my writing just didn't seem any good to me. Anyway, thanks for being so patient with me. Please don't forget to vote!

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 598 18
When people peered into her room they saw perfection, but she was anything from it. In fact, she was the opposite, miserable. ____________________...
565K 7K 39
>β„π”Όβ„šπ•Œπ”Όπ•Šπ•‹π•Š β„‚π•ƒπ•†π•Šπ”Όπ”» < π••π•’π•žπ• π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ 𝕀π•₯π•–π•—π•’π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ π•œπ• π• π•žπ•šπ•œπ•–π•’π•π•€π• ...
12.7K 207 23
You read the title right?? I'll leave the rest to your imagination:) This is an avengers fanfiction but I might mention the originals or something i...
76.6K 2.5K 46
You are a two hundred year old witch that looks 22. You move to Mystic Falls for a new start, along the way to you befriend vampires, werewolves, and...