The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?

75 7 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

92014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?

Bright yellow light. Fire. Lightning. Surging heat. Lighter than air. I feel my body rise high, higher, higher still. A mighty surge of heat enters me, engulfs me, becomes me totally; I am the heat of a thousand suns. I am one with the power of the God. It is through him that he uses me. We have become one, we, through the power of unity send out a mighty energy to the four corners. “I release thee oh God of glory, God of power, to the ends of the four extremes of my reaches, my elemental brethren. Spread forth thine powers, we seek aid and assistance. Oh Holy Master of Light. As we seek so shall it be.” I feel my body lift higher still... then begin to spin wildly; the power surging through me spiking hotter than imaginable; spinning out through the ends of my extremities. I feel as if I am lying flat out, spinning. Then nothing, Black. It is over.

Opening my eyes very slow, I start to look around. The sun is barely starting to stream in through the balcony glass doors, playing off of the blues and greens of the walls, and ceiling colors above and around my bed. Shifting my gaze over my shoulder to where I hear the sounds of someone sleeping that must be, who... I slowly pull back the covers and step out of bed looking down at my frilly covered body. I have on a pail ocean green nightgown covering my body with delicate lace around the cuffs of my wrists and hem. I quietly pad across the room in my bare feet tippy toeing to where the sounds of sleep are coming from to peak around the divider wall, hidden peacefully sleeping there is the most delicate looking woman I have ever seen. Though, she looks so familiar as she wrinkles her nose up in sleep, I have seen that expression before someplace. I back away from the divider wall very slowly so as to keep from waking her, turning, I go over to the wall of doors, I open first one, then another, ugh... these are not my colors. I close both doors, moving on to the next two and look in, now this is more like it. I reach in pulling out a long blue number, long with a wide skirt that flairs out with petticoats underneath; it has a corset top in a much lighter shade of blue. I pull it out and move on to a free standing chest of drawers, and start opening them till I find a matching set of panties then head into a room I remember from the night before. I step out of the frilly nightgown, and step into the shower and... Just how did that girl last night turn this darn thing on again?

After fiddling with it for fifteen minutes I almost gave up; it started streaming down all over my head, hard and fast. I made hast; in no time I was washed, dried, dressed in that oh so pretty number I found, twirling before a mirror in the bedroom. I looked hot in this dress if I do say so myself. Damn! Oops. I wasn't supposed to say that word for some reason? Now what was it exactly? 'Mother? Is that you?' I heard in my head. That was the reason! I have a daughter; so I was told. Now what was her name again? 'Mother, it is, Diana. You still don't remember me?' Oh my. She sounds dejected. “I am just a bit sad, really. Mother.' “I am sorry... um... honey.” I said out loud.

Diana came around the divider wall still dressed in her nightgown looking so sad. “Mother, you look so nice in that. I have the same dress in silver.” I looked down at what I had on thinking what it would look like in silver. Ah... no! I couldn't see that on me. “Silly you hate silver. You will only wear greens or blues nothing else. Sliver is my color.” She explained.

“So. My cousin the one in Yellow last night...”

“She mostly only wears yellow,” she finished for me. Well, she did look great in that dress. “Yes mother you made it for her.”

“Are you reading my mind?”

“Yes. Sorry, it is a habit. We do it all the time just like you usually talk to me the same way in the morning till we go down for breakfasts. It is just easier,”

“This is going to take some getting used to. Sigh. The sun is shining out now what time is breakfast? I am kind of hungry?”

“It will be in about,” She came over to me and turned my left wrist out to look at it then said. “Twenty minutes. I have time to take a quick show and change would you please pull a dress out for me so I can run in and get mine?” I nodded, and went to the door I first opened this morning to see what I could find. Sure enough there was the same dress as mine. For some reason it pulled to me to take it out, and bring it to her. I eventually went back to it and closed the door, and carried it into the bathroom hung it on the rod so she would see it when she stepped out of the shower. I went back out to find the matching shoes, all I found were boring flats; dozens of them, and about six pair of boots. I choose the flats that most closely matched the dress.

“Do these flats look okay with this dress? I couldn't find any heels to go with it.” I complained.

“Mother? You never wear heels, ever! You say they are really bad for the back, and impossible to fight in.” Oh. I fight? Hum. “Yes, mother you are possibly the best fighter in the world. Well the most dangerous one at least.”

“Really? Wow, how cool? Funny I don't remember any of that.” I shook my head.

“It will all come back to you” I hope.

When we were ready I went to walk to the door, but she stopped me by reaching out taking one of my hands in hers, and pulling me to a stop. “Mother? Where are you going?”

“Out, to go get breakfast why, do we get it served up here in the room?” I gave her my frustrated look.

“No of course not. We go down to the dining room with the others, but we flash down not walk.”

“Flash? What in the Goddess' green earth is that?” I asked.

“You have forgot about flashing? Really? Your the one that taught me. Here give me your hands, and I will show you.” She took both my hands facing me then a tingle went throughout my whole body, and the next thing I knew we were standing in the middle of the sitting room on the first flood.

“Holly shit!” I jumped back away from her shaking out my arms.

"Mother! Language! Please!” She shouted at me.

“Sorry. What was all that with the tinglingly number you did to me just then, and how did we get down here so fast?” I was still rubbing my arms up and down, my legs too; trying to get the feelings back into them. “That felt really, shockingly, strange.”

“We flashed down here from the bedroom upstairs on the second floor. It was just the feeling of your body disappearing them reappearing it was no big deal.”

“Maybe not to you, but I feel like my whole body was just rearranged. Don't do that again, please.” I shook my hands out to get some feeling back into them.

“Fine, I won't till you get your memory back again. Now can we go get something to eat?” She took my hand and led me into this massive room with the longest table I have ever seen, led me over to the end of it, and sat me down in the end chair and sat beside me. We waited then, I swear between blinks people just appeared in seats all around us. I kid you not it was wild. Then these to older women walked in laughing to each others jokes. I assumed. Either that or they are the happiest people in the world.

“Valia! Nice to have you back!” I heard from the two as they came rushing over in my direction and hugged me.

“Good to be back, I guess...?”

“Wilda,” She supplied

“Wilda,” I smiled up at her.

“And this is my sister, Stela,” she pointed to the identical looking woman to her right.

“Nice to meet you Stela. Have we met before?” I know it sounds silly to ask, but I have no idea who most of these people are.

“Yes sweetie we have, actually all your life.” Damn! 'Mother!' 'Oops! Sorry, Diana.' I shook my head, this is all too much to handle. We got up in order; taken completely by surprise. When it was my turn Diana helped me to pick out what she told me was my favorite things I always ate; most seemed right till she handed me my drink.

“Oh I know for certain I don't like tomato juice for breakfast, Diana. Do they have any OJ on tap here instead?” I asked. She turned up her nose at me.

“Mother!” A surprise expression overcame her face, and the entire room went dead quiet. I turned to look around then back at Diana. “This isn't tomato juice it is blood. It is what you, Bavo and I always drink every single day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.” I think I must have turned three shades of green, and wanted to turn and run for the door after hearing I drink blood.

“What are we some kind of bloody vampires of something?” I threw back at her in disgust. I heard a gasp for the whole room.

“Mother!” Diana whispered gasped in my ear. “You are a vampire, Bavo is a hybrid part vampire part werewolf, and me, well, I am of the Moon Goddess' daughter and half your daughter, but I still have to drink of the blood also to stay healthy.” Now I do know I paled, I sank to the floor right at the serving table that was the last thing I remember.

I woke in this really fancy room. It wasn't Diana's and mine. I looked down at my arms they were strapped down to the sides of the bed, and had several tubes coming out of them each going up to numerous bags of blood, and other machines I have no idea what they were for. “Good your finally awake, nice to finally have you back, Your Grace.” I tall woman knelt down did a funny thing with her hands before herself stood back up before me. “You have been out for quite some time now, let me check your vitals then I can unbind your arms and get these tubes out for you.” In about fifteen minutes I was resting comfortably. I couldn't believe how fast all those needle holes healed up in my arms, she didn't even bandage them up—the second they were pulled out of my arms the holes sealed up—it was a miracle. “You have several visitors I will go get them they have been checking in on you every day to see how you have been getting along. Be right back.” She hurried out of the room. Like a scared little rabbit.

A knock played at the door then it cracked open, I saw a pair of stunning blue eyes before the door swung in. “Valia! Your finally awake! Yeah.” Icka came rushing in to my bedside. She hopped up on my bed, and gave me a hug. “I missed you sweetie are you feeling any better now?”

“I feel fine Icka why am I here?”

“Well,” There is that look she gives when she is hiding something.

“Out with it I know that look girl”

“Your Back? Oh Valia... We missed you so much sweetie!” She hugged me again.

“I didn't know I was gone. By the way, where the heck am I?”

“Um... Germany. At the infirmary. Again! We had to bring you back over a week ago when you fell and hit your head. Again. Are you feeling better? Does your head hurt?” I reached behind me, and rubbed my head, no pain, nope.

“No. No pain. That is a good thing.” I hope. 'Hope what? Mother,' 'Diana? Is that you?' Surprise wrapped me up in a good feeling. 'Yes, Mother is it! How are you feeling?' 'Much better honey, where are you?' “Oh hi! There you are. Good to see you again honey,”

“Mother!”

“Ugh... Can't breath honey! That is so much better...” She let up on the smothering hug she was giving me.

“Your back! I am so happy for you! I missed you so much, mother.” Tears were running from her eyes and onto her rosy cheeks. I reached up, and wiped a finger under one eye swipping across it, wiping it dry.

“There, there, honey, no more tears for me, I am fine. It was just a little bump on the old head; no damage done. See,” I tilted my head forward I didn't even have a lump on my head.

“But... do you remember everyone, everyone in the family? Can you name them off for me?” She asked.

“Sure thing, I think. Let's see there is you my sweet, Diana oh, and of course Icka here.” I looked over and pointed to where Icka was sitting by the window watching me with Diana like a hawk. “Um... Then Bavo... and...” Gee this is harder that I thought. “Um... Oh I know Lady G... something let me see.” I said tapping my temple with my finger then it came to me. “Oh Lady Gaia yes that is her name. I know there are more. Let me think, um... Maria I believe she cooks, is that right?” I asked.

“Yes, she is our cook, very good so far, who else?” I keep searching through my mind. This is so much harder that I ever would have thought it would be.

“Well..., if memory serves me right there are two sisters, twins correct? Like older twins? One with a W one with a D no a S right? I know Wilda and Stela that's it. Am I missing any one else?” I asked.

“Yes a few more actually they work underground who might they be?”

“Oh... That is right the two women of the underground Viorel and Julie our secretaries, I do remember them; never cross either one of them Diana, never, ever.” I shook my head side to side.

“Mother? I think you are talking more about Wilda and Stela, than Viorel and Julie. They are the ones to watch out for you told me before. Giggle.” What a magical laugh she has. 'Thank you, Mother'

“Shall we see how you do in person now?” Diana asked.

“Sure, honey why not?” She went to the door, and opened it and in walked four people. “Hi Bavo how are you doing?” He came right over to my side and took my hand in his and sat down on the side of my bed.

“You remember me? That is great sis. It is so good to have you back again.”

“Same here.” I smiled; that is one more down. I looked over the other three and spoke again. “Hi Wilda good to see you again.” She came over and took Bavo's place and hugged me tight. “Air...” She released me. With a 'sorry.' I was doing great even better than great. Now down to two. This should be an easy one. I looked up and smiled “Hi Lady Gaia how are you?” Her face fell into a frown, damn guess not so easy, I guess wrong on the final two. I looked to the other one. “Lady Gaia?” She nodded her head up and down. I dropped back into the bed my head hitting the pillow the wind coming out of me in a big 'whoosh'. How in the world did I ever get them two mixed up? I was so sure of myself. I closed my eyes tightly closed for a few brief moments when I opened them again it was like the sun was shining again in the room. “Stela,” I pointed to Wilda's sister then turned to Lady Gaia smile widening big “Come here girl I love you sister, Lady Gaia!” I all but shouted I was back. My mind was back. I remembered everyone in the room they were all familiar faces to me once again. “What in the good Goddess' name happened around here, and why am I in Germany will someone explain?”

“Mother. It is a very long story best left till we get home. I will go get the doctor for you. I think she will be anxious to see you.” Diana slipped out of the room while I watched everyone else. A while later she returned with the nurse that delivered her and another doctor I didn't recognize.

“Hello, Your Grace. How are you feeling?” Oh... I remember everything now, darn. There is one thing I wish I could have still forgot. Sigh.”

“Fine, fine. Just peachy and you?” I asked sarcastically now that I remember the whole 'Your Grace' thing again. Looking over the side of my bed as the stood up off of their kneeling position. “You do remember how much I hate you doing that don't you?” I asked just to get a reaction from them.

“Looks like she is doing just fine to me. Wouldn't you say Doctor?” One Doctor asked the other Doctor.

“I do believe you are correct. I guess we can discharge her before we get any more flack out of Her Grace or any of the rest of her family; like the last time.” They snickered as they left the room. Great, just great the whole world is filled with comedians. Just my luck.

“Okay guys, get me the heck out of here as fast as you can. Anyone see my clothes?” Wilda came from the closet with one of my pretty dresses. “Really, Wilda? Am I going to a party?” I looked at the dress she was holding, it was so fancy. A blue number with a light blue corset top; one I made special for a dance we never had.

“Well, you wore this the day you hit your head, and we had to bring you here in it, so, I guess you will be wearing it back home too.” Wilda helped me out of bed, and behind the changing screen and into the dress. I do look great in it. “There you go all set now we just have to wait for your doctor to release you, and we can all head back home.” I twirled before the full length mirror I do look good in it really.

“This is kind of nice too bad I never had a place to wear this.” She place my crown on my head I tried to duck out from under it, but she stilled me till she fastened it in my hair. “Oh come on Wilda really? The Crown?”

“Queens orders! You are lucky she didn't make you were it while you were passed out all week.” I could see the evil witch making me wear it all week. 'Mother! Really!' I threw my hands into the air. I give up.

“Can I get out of here or not?” A doctor walked in with papers in his hand. Hum all my doctors are supposed to be female.

“Just sign here and you can go. Your doctor was busy and asked me to have you sign these, something about she had enough for one day.” I started laughing, but signed them, and we all gathered around Lady Gaia.

Once Lady Gaia was in the center of a circle of bodies we all joined hands to her, and flashed back home to Ravenwood Manor in Queensbury, Pa. The manor never looked so good to me in my life. It felt alive, I felt alive again. I was home finally among family, and friends where I belonged. It felt right. I felt right!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 865 91
The war has been building and the Hollings and Baptiste Royals are ready. With allies on land air and sea they are capable for a war against the Unit...
62.9K 4.2K 31
Wolves of Ragnarök - Book 1 WINNER OF THE ALPHA AWARDS 2023! **WATTPAD FEATURED STORY** What would you give up to keep your family safe? The time whe...
700K 17.8K 94
Everyone knew about Peter Parker but what if his story was different and he had a twin sister named Payton. After the avengers save them from hydra...
345K 22K 36
The ink had barely dried on Stephanie's final high school exam and already she has been offered a job. A job as a personal assistant to the son of a...