Darkness Meets Light

By twerkinstyles

17 year old Jessamine Taylor has just recently moved to California after her parents both get job promotions... More

Darkness meet Light
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 pt 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40 pt 2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 74
Updating in progress :)

Chapter 70

280K 12.3K 12.1K
By twerkinstyles

The longest chapter I've written. Enjoy :)

"Guys, what is today?" I asked aloud to the group at the lunch table. I'm suppose to be up to date on these journals for English but with everything going on, I forgot about them.

"Today's Thursday." Louis said beside Melissa, Niall was beside me.

For the past five days we've been hanging out with Louis and Niall, not so much Harry. I was lucky to get a glimpse of him in the hallways.

Both of them have great personalities, even though they can be complete assholes at times. The other night at Melissa's place, Louis poured water over my head for no reason. At least someone thought it was funny.

"Why?" Melissa questioned, rummaging through her purse for something.

"I haven't wrote these journals since Friday." her eyes went wide and she looked up at me.

"Fuck! Those are due like tomorrow aren't they?" She dropped her purse onto the ground and grabbed her journal from her backpack.

"I only have two more left." I smiled, continuing to write down any random thought that came to my head. Most of them were something about how much I hated that sam chick and how much it pissed me off that he was seeing her.

"I'll seriously pay you to write mine." she chuckled.

"No thanks." I grinned up at her, within a moment my journal was snatched from my hands.

"Niall give it back!" I yelled after him when he stood up so I couldn't reach.

"Am I in here anywhere?" He began flipping through pages and smiling deviously.

"No, now give it back before I dump this pepsi all over your shirt!" I threatened him, holding on to the pepsi can as if I were about to toss it at him.

"Give it back to her, Niall." Harry's raspy voice came from behind me, startling me. I turned my head to him and immediately looked back to Niall who was now looking him dead in the eye.

"Shutup Harry." Niall laughed it off, no sign of humor in Harry's words.

Harry then swiped my journal out of his hand and tossed it in front of me, onto the table.

"I was just messing with her, don't be a dick." Niall replied, obviously annoyed, and sat down next to me.

"Jessamine can we talk?" He asked from behind me. It bothered me when he used my full name because I knew it meant he was serious. "Alone?"

"Why don't you ask Sam first?" I shot back, trying to hide a grin as Louis nearly choked on his drink.

"Don't be like that. I think you're getting the wrong impression-"

I spun around to face him. "You know what Harry? I think I've given you more chances to explain than you deserve."

"You're not even seeing my side-"

"And it's even fucking worse considering that you couldn't last a day without being near a girl." All this built up rage since that day felt like it was oozing out of me.

"Nothing even happened. We we're hanging out! Correct me if you'd like, but is that so wrong?"

I paused and slightly smirked at him. "Does the word pathetic ring a bell?"

"Don't you dare-" Harry took a step toward me, Niall immediately blocking him from me.

"Dude just go." Niall warned him.

Harry let out a chuckle. "She's not yours to fight over, my friend."

"You're right." Niall looked back at me then back at Harry. "But honestly, who do you think she trusts more?" ouch.

Harry shoved him back, his face in full anger. Normally this would bother me, but right now I was hoping Niall would give him something he deserves.

"Shut your fucking mouth Niall."

Louis went to stand up but I glared at him, Melissa gripping his arm and pulling him back down.

They were starting to make a scene, people around us were staring at them.

"Harry, just walk away." I almost begged him. The last thing I need is to be the center of attention, again.

"I'm not done with this conversation." He warned me.

"Please just stop." I said calmly.

"I'll find you after school." He said calmly to me, before nudging Niall's shoulder as he walked away.

Niall didn't say a word when he came back to the seat beside me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay." He smiled. "I was hoping to get the chance to beat his ass."

We all laughed. "One day." he added.

Then it got down to an awkward silence. I looked at the clock on the wall and realized we had five minutes until class started.

"Melissa, do you want to walk to class with me?" We both had biology so we'd always walk together, up until Louis.

"Yeah sure" She smiled at me and then to Louis, who picked her purse off the floor and handed it to her as she flung her backpack on.

"I'll catch up with you later." She told Louis. We both said goodbye and continued down the long hallway. This school was like a freaking maze.

"Do you think he likes me?" She piped up, pulling her hair behind her ear almost nervously.

"I think so. Why?"

"I don't know. They just don't seem like-"

"Like they'd want girlfriends?" I laughed lightly.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"Well that's what I thought about....you know. But there's a plus side to having a boyfriend like them."

"What?"

"They aren't afraid of anything. Not that I know of at least."

"I just don't know if I could do it. Have you seen the looks we've been getting since we started hanging around them?" She smirked.

"Yeah but-"

"Everyone into a class room NOW!" Teachers began yelling frantically. What the fuck is going on?

Students began scurrying in all directions, all of their faces filled with pure fear.

"What's going on?" Melissa asked, looking around.

"Don't go to your next class just get into a room!" An unfamiliar teacher called to us. We looked at each other in confusion before dodging the crowd of people piling into different rooms.

"Does anyone know what's going on?" Melissa asked the students who were already in the room, some of their eyes brimming with tears.

"There's an intruder in the building, we need everyone to stay calm and get against the wall so they can't see you." The slightly younger male teacher instructed, trying to stay calm as well.

"Do they have a weapon?" Someone said frantically.

"We believe so, but do not panic. We'll be okay."

"I think there's too many people in here." Someone called out as we all went toward the wall.

With that he shut the door and locked it, turning the lights off and trying to shush us. The sound of panic was still filing the hallways outside the rooms.

"What about them?" I asked him frantically, talking about the people not in the safety of the room.

"Everything will be okay, just do not unlocked that door. Is that clear?" He said dangerously to everyone in the room, everyone nodded in response.

The only thing that was running through my mind was if Harry was okay and if he were safe in a room. What if he were one of those still in the hallway, in danger?

"I need to go make sure he's o-" Melissa grabbed my arms before I could get away.

"It'll be okay just stay here." I struggled in her grip. "Jessamine stop, you can't put everyone in here in danger."

She was right. But if something were to happen to him, it would absolutely haunt me forever.

My eyes watered at the thought, so many things rushing in my head.

"Melissa stand in front of me, I need to text him." I pushed her in front of me so the teacher wouldn't see my phone.

"I need all of you to hand my your cell phones." He called soon after. Everyone began to whisper to each other.

"It's safety procedure and if you get caught with it on, you'll go into questioning." He warned, several students passing there phones in. "Make sure they're off!" he whispered. He then placed them into a basket and pushed it into a drawer.

"Jessamine you're going to get into a load of shit if he catches you." She whispered behind her.

"I don't give a damn." I replied, shaky hands typing in Harry's name.

But before I could even send something, he had texted me first.

From: Harry

Please tell me you're safe.

I smiled a little, tears threatened to fall. Honestly I was scared shitless right now.

To: Harry

I'm fine. Where are you?

"Could you please text-"

"Louis? Yeah I got it." she sighed quietly.

Before I could even type his name, the teacher strolled over to us. "Keep it down." He whispered to us. I was scared he had seen my phone.

"Okay." Melissa nodded quickly as he walked quietly away.

I looked down at my phone again and asked Louis if him and Niall were okay, Harry's name coming up again and my heart was beating out of my chest.

From: Harry

Good. I'm in the room beside you. I tried to make it in there but he locked the door before I could.

To: Harry

It's okay. I'm with Melissa. Stay out of trouble please.

I was tempted to tell him that I love him, in moments like these you're always uncertain of what's going to happen. I just didn't want to second guess myself.

From: Harry

I'm not saying anything is going to happen, but if it does, don't come looking for me. Get out of here okay?

He knows me too well to know that I would do exactly that. But I couldn't promise him anything, I could barely think straight as it is.

To: Harry

Okay.

I couldn't get myself to type those three little words.

"Did he say anything?" Melissa asked again. I had forgotten about it already.

"Oh....yeah they're okay. He said they're in a lab room with annoying girls." I kinda laughed at that because it sounds like something Louis would say.

At this point the halls were dead silent, the only sound you could hear were people breathing beside you. It was all so quiet, such a scary silence. Nothing like I've ever experienced.

There was a girl on the opposite side of the wall from us who was crying and wanted to go home. She had her friends beside her comforting her.

"How long do we do this for?" Someone asked the teacher, who I still don't know the name of.

"Until the principal comes over the intercom and says it's safe." He whispered to everyone.

"Then what?" I asked, everyone looking to me because of how loudly I said it.

"Shh. I'm sure he'll tell us." Wow nice answer dumbass.

They should really have the teachers explain the procedures better before these things happen.

The faint noise of banging came through the walls, somewhere someone was making that noise. Some people gasped once they realized how serious of a situation this was.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared." Melissa confessed to me with weary eyes.

"Me too." I said, my lips in a straight line.

To: Harry

I'm scared.

Almost instantly he replied.

From: Harry

It'll be okay. I'm coming straight for you once this is over, don't worry.

I slid my phone back into my shirt, that way no one would see it. I couldn't keep talking to Harry, it would only make me more anxious.

We all flinched when the banging noise came into our hallway, I was holding my breath without even realizing it.

A voice was carried along with it, but you couldn't clearly make out what it was saying.

Melissa looked back at me and looked away just as quickly. I've never seen her so terrified.

The sound of footsteps echoed through the building, I'm sure everyone on this hallway was now holding their breath as the noises came closer and closer.

Banging, yelling, screaming, crying. All those things happening in an instant when the sound of an automatic gun went off just a few rooms down from us.

I flinched as Melissa grabbed onto me, shaking furiously. At this point most people in the room had tear-filled eyes and slid onto the floor against the wall. The teacher stood in the corner, his face frozen.

The sounds were like something you'd hear in a horror movie where the bad guy comes out in public and everyone starts screaming.

People were running down the hallways, screaming, trying to find an exit. The gun had only gone off a few times and the number of possible fatalities made my blood go cold.

Someone had to of gotten injured, you could tell by the way people were crying and yelling "Run, keep running. Don't stop.!"

Shortly after the sound of running footsteps faded, the sound of glass shattering erupted and "Where is she?" could be heard from a few rooms down.

"Jessamine what if Louis or-" Melissa began to cry into my shoulder, trying awfully hard to keep quiet. The only thing I could do was stand there and hug her, not being able to promise her anything at this point.

She knows as much as I do right now.

"Where the hell are the police?!" Someone shouted, the sound of scream and panic were sure to cancel out the sound of our voices in this room.

"I-I don't know." He confessed. "At this point I don't even know what to do."

"Well we could stay in here and wait for him to kill us, or we could try to run." Someone who thought they were smart was obviously thinking like a complete idiot today.

"That's the key word. Try." I spat. "Our chances in here are better than trying to out run someone with a loaded gun." I rolled my eyes at their stupidity.

The girl scoffed at me and everyone was thinking. "I'm taking my chances." A more muscular guy named Zach added, walking towards the door a peeking through the glass.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I tried to pull him back. "You're risking everyone in this room by doing that!"

"Something is bound to happen anyway! You'll regret never taking chances."

"If you walk out of this room, do not expect me to open this door for you when you decide to come running back because there's no place to turn."

The thing that surprised me the most is that the teacher seemed too scared to even leave his position on the floor, he watched our argument with his mouth open, but not saying a word.

"I'm going with him." "Yeah me too" a handful of kids stood behind this guy.

I just know something is going to happen if they step foot out of this room.

"You don't even know if he's coming in here! You guys may as well be risking your lives for no reason." I stated, trying to persuade them to stay.

I didn't want to see death right in front of my eyes.

"He's obviously looking for someone and he's going to keeping looking until he finds who he's looking for." He argued back, his dark blue eyes piercing through me. "Am I right?"

Actually he was right, I couldn't even argue that. If someone were to go to this extreme then I'm sure they won't stop until they get what they wanted.

"Don't let him get into your head." Melissa whispered beside me shaking her head.

"He's got a point." I shrugged, her face turning into a hard expression and she gulped. Zach peered curiously out of the small window of the door.

"It looks like he's only a few rooms down."

"Can you see what he looks like?" I asked, tempted to look myself.

"No I think he's in the room." More gun shots echoed, my heart nearly stopping when a blood curling scream came right after.

"Oh my god." Melissa began to panic.

"No, don't start." I stopped her.

My phone continued to buzz and I knew it had to be Harry. I couldn't look at it, in risk that I could somehow get in trouble.

"Melissa we have to leave. Trust me, we all know who ever that is will come in here eventually. We gotta get out while we can." I searched her fearful eye for approval. She looked away but then agreed with me.

"We else is coming." I asked everyone else in the room. No one said a word.

"Okay then. When we leave, shut this door and lock it. Push desks against it. Don't worry because we won't be coming back." I told them, all of them looking at me like I was idiotic or something.

Zach went to open the door and I stopped him. "If something happens." I stopped. "Don't go down without a fight."

"We need to go." He nudged me. I held onto Melissa's arm. He opened the door and with that, we joined everyone else in attempt to get out.

The direction we were headed was passing the room Harry was in, but I noticed the door was already open and my heart nearly stopped.

I had to go look.

"Melissa keep going. I have to make sure-"

Harry came out of the room, holding a long stick thing that I don't even know what it is.

He saw me and his face went pale. "You need to leave. Go!" he yelled as me when I separated from Melissa and ran towards him.

"Not without you. What the fuck are you doing!"

His mouth parted open and he shook his head. "I can't go yet. Please just trust me."

"Harry what are you-"

"It's Niall okay, Louis has both of them locked in a closet somewhere. But Niall's hurt. I can't leave them." His breathing was loud, loud enough to hear it through all these people.

"I'm coming with you."

~~~~~~~

Thanks to @chanellliam (on twitter) for the new cover.💕

If you haven't noticed my new wattpad user is @twerkinstyles just like my IG

and my twitter is @ashtonstryhard

LET ME KNOW WHATS GOIN ON IN YOUR HEADS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 36 32
Lover boy Y/n just moved back to la after moving to the uk with her mom and then going to Starbucks she spelt drink in this tall dark haired boy what...
118K 2.8K 40
I'm Emily Cox's this is my highschool story everybody at my school stand clear from me well, all the girls anyways, boys all want me. I live with my...
91.3K 1.6K 33
I never wanted to move to a big place like LA or Sydney but some opportunities come but some go as well. I took a big opportunity when I took an inte...
21.2K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...