THE RUN AND GO : JOSHLER

By NewYearNewMeme

: WANTED : DEAD OR ALIVE : TYLER "MAD GEAR" JOSEPH JOSH "MISSILE KID" DUN ALEX "RENEGADE" GASKARTH PATRICK "Y... More

ACT ONE : PRETTY. ODD.
1 : KID
2 : INITIATION
3 : BEDRIDDEN
4 : MORNING
6 : ANATHEMA
7 : KIDNAPPED
8 : WOUNDED
9 : SIR
10 : BLURRYFACE
BONUS : SEVENTEEN
ACT TWO : THE MIGHTY FALL
11 : CAPTIVE
12 : BRACELET
13 : RENEGADE
14 : CAUGHT
15 : ESCAPADE
16 : ALIVE
17 : WAR
18 : DAMNED
19 : REUNITED
20 : HOME
BONUS : FAMILY
BONUS : REUNION
ACT THREE : MAKE SOME NOISE
TWENTY ONE : MINE
22 : INTRUDER
23 : FUCKED
24 : TORTURE
25 : CRYBABY
26 : KILLJOY
27 : SHOW
28 : ROULETTE
29 : GOODBYE
30 : GETAWAY
BONUS : BROADCAST
BONUS : EPILOGUE ; PART 1
BONUS : EPILOGUE ; PART 2
BONUS : PLAYLIST
BONUS : INDEPENDENT
..:CONTROL:..
BONUS : CONTROL
BONUS : DEMA
ACT FOUR : EAST IS UP
30.5 : JOURNAL
31 : SAHLO
32 : COVER
33 : CLANCY
34 : BANDITO
35 : TRENCH
36 : TENT
37 : JASON
38 : NICO
39 : CHLORINE

5 : CONCERT

2.9K 201 637
By NewYearNewMeme

On the way to the pit, Tyler had explained what a concert, a Clique concert, was. His soft personality Josh had seen the night before and this morning slowly disappeared. The old Tyler was back.

Josh was now stood in the front of the pit, his abdomen pressed against the metal bar barricade. It hurt, but he didn't care. He smiled in excitement and nodded his head up and down with the music.

A Clique concert was much, much more than a normal concert. Clique members would perform songs they've wrote or covers of songs, crowd surf, drum battle, run in the hamster ball, and basically put on a damn good show.

But there was a catch. Multiple catches, actually. In addition to the music and alcohol there were weapons and explosives and knives and guns and even more alcohol.

Concerts were an idea first conceived by Brendon, not for entertainment, but to weed out the weak Clique members that somehow survived initiation. Tyler completely agreed with the idea. Anyone who got hurt or wasn't strong enough to defend themselves in the pit were kicked out fairly quickly.

As the Clique member finished playing their set, the only thing on Josh's mind was staying alive, staying in the Clique.

The crowd closed in on either sides, making Josh's anxiety rise. He forced himself to continue listening to the music. It wasn't a song he particularly liked, but music was the only way to distract him.

"Hey Kid!"

Josh looked to the side, where he saw Brendon pushing through the crowd to get to his side.

"Hey man!" Josh shouted over the deafening music and screaming.

"I lost ya back there!" The Green Gentleman yelled back, smirking at Josh.

"Yeah, this crowd is crazy!" Josh smiled, adrenaline rushing through his veins.

The Green Gentleman gave him a confused look.

"What?!" He shouted, putting his hand to his ear.

"Nothing!" Josh shook his head and turned back to the stage.

After only one more verse of the song, Brendon glanced up at the second floor loft that overlooked the stage.

"I'm gonna go!" He shouted to Josh.

Josh's eyes widened, and he reached out to grab Brendon's arm.

"Wait! You can't leave me here! I'll be alone—!" He yelled.

The Green Gentleman smirked.

"That's what concerts are for, Kid!"

With that, Brendon was gone. Despite the thousands of people around him, Josh felt alone.

He stood there and watched Brendon slowly disappear into the crowd. Did he really think he was weak? Did he really think he was going to be weeded out?

A Clique member saw Josh so distracted, and took his chance. He suddenly pulled out his knife and stabbed Josh, right in the shoulder.

Josh instantly cried out in pain and grasped at the dagger sticking out of his shoulder. He grit his teeth and yanked the piece of metal out of his flesh in one go.

He was the newest addition to the Clique, and the old members were out for blood.

It was like initiation all over again. People saw what was happening, and they started joining in.

But Josh was quick. He gripped the knife he took out of his shoulder and looked at the person who stabbed him dead in the eye.

Josh swung, the blade sliding across the boy's arm and drawing blood. The boy, what was his name again? Alan? Adam?

No, Josh remembered. Alex. His name was Alex.

By now, the whole Clique had gathered around, forming a small circle around Josh and Alex. Josh wiped the blood from his face. He was ready.

He took another swing, but Alex grabbed hold of his arm and yanked him toward him.

"Boss's favorite, huh?" Alex spat at Josh, who struggled against his grip. Alex had one of Josh's arms at his side, the other he was holding above his head. The knife was inches away from Alex's forehead.

"What was your name again?" Alex asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Kid?"

"I-I'm not a kid," Josh said through gritted teeth. He tried not to be afraid. After all, he was the one with the knife.

But Alex was the taller one. He was the stronger one. He was the one holding Josh back.

Alex suddenly spun Josh around, twisting his arm behind his back. Josh cried out from the intense pain coursing through his arm and shoulder. He grit his teeth and tried to stop his heavy breathing. Alex now had control of the knife and was slowly digging it into his back.

"No wonder Mad Gear likes you," Alex hissed into Josh's ear.

Josh squeezed his eyes shut. The anxiety and fear and pain was too much for him to handle.

"You're pretty..." Alex continued. He suddenly twisted Josh's arm more and dug the knife further into his spine.

Another cry escaped Josh's lips.

"God," Alex breathed, almost as if he enjoyed it. "He fuck you yet?"

Despite his situation, Josh scoffed.

"More like I fucked him," he smirked.

Alex shoved Josh to the ground, his back hitting the cement. The knife clattered to the floor, but Alex grabbed it before Josh had the chance.

"You will never fucking belong here, understand?" Alex snapped, gripping his knife so tightly his knuckles turned white.

Terror surged through Josh as he propped himself up on one elbow and stared up at Alex hovering over him. He was too weak to move. Blood ran down his back, drenching his shirt. He was pretty sure his left arm was broken.

Josh's chest rose and fell heavily as Alex stared down at him. Alex slowly raised the knife, and Josh's arms flew up to cover his face. He readied himself for the blow.

Will it be in my chest? My stomach? My throat? God, not my throat. What does death feel like? Probably better than this place—

"Get the fuck off of him!"

A voice rang out in the pit, making everyone go silent.

Josh slowly lowered his arms from over his face. He looked up at Alex, but Alex wasn't looking at him. His knife was lowered.

He was looking at the stage.

Josh followed Alex's eyes, and saw Tyler standing at the microphone. His mouth was agape, his eyes were wide. He looked nothing like a terrifying murderer. He looked terrified himself. He was holding a gun limply in his hand.

"Renegade, get the fuck off of him before I shoot you!" Tyler screamed, his voice squeaking and breaking with panic. The hand holding the gun was shaking.

Renegade. That was Alex's Clique name, but he never went by it. Maybe that's why Tyler hated him so much.

Or maybe he hated him because he nearly killed Josh.

"Gone soft, Mad Gear?" Alex called up to the stage. He raked his fingers through his sweaty reddish-brown hair.

Tyler glanced down at Josh, their eyes meeting for a split second. He set his jaw and looked back at Alex. Just like that, he was calm. His expression changed from terrified to terrifying.

"Call me soft one more time," he said into the microphone, his voice dark. He slowly raised his arm and pointed the gun in the direction of the pit.

"You wouldn't!" Alex jeered, a smirk on his face.

Tyler's stoic face remained unchanging. "Try me."

Tyler's words echoed through the arena. Murmurs broke out among the Clique, but no one dared raise their voice above a whisper.

Josh's breathing slowed. The anxiety and rush of the fight drained out of him. It took all he had to not collapse completely.

He looked up at Alex. Time was frozen. It seemed as though everyone was holding their breath all at once.

Alex's lips curled up into a wicked grin. "Soft," he said.

And that was all it took.

A shot rang out, and a body fell.

✗✗✗✗✗
✗✗✗✗✗

OooOoOOoOO0o0OO0....what's gonna happen ??¿

Gee I honestly have no idea.

Anyways guys, public service announcement: I love Alex Gaskarth more than I love myself.

So don't forget about him in this book...he might be important later on...(again, golly gee guys I have no idea).

As always, the next chapter will be up in a few hours!

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed, your mother really appreciates it.

- Liz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 699 23
Γ—new coverΓ— Josh Dun, a 25 year old mercenary was hired to kidnap a teen with the name of Tyler Joseph, not knowing the true intention of his employe...
319 4 26
I take requests :) All i've got to say is be careful reading these??? They can probably be pretty triggering and some may have happy endings and some...
24.3K 1.4K 72
joshisfun: yooooooo where's my motherfucking gum you hoe! TyLER: 1st who are you... 2nd I AINT A MOTHERfucking hoe. fem!tyler fuckboy!josh [eh only a...
30.7K 657 42
*JOSH DUN VERSION* The high school basketball team just made a secret bet among its twelve players: the first one to get in your pants gets $100. Th...