Silver Trickster ⚬ Barry Alle...

By -voidallison

❛You can't have light without the dark.❜ In which a villain falls for the hero. The Flash Fanfic [Season 2] ... More

Playlist
Prologue
1. Outside
2. Flashback
3. Rediscoveries
4. Leap of Faith
5. Unknown Feelings
6. We Could Be Heros
7. Start of Time
8. Family Ties
9. Guardian Angel
10. Double Date
11. New Afflictions
12. No Rest for the Wicked
13. War of Hearts
14. Crossfire
15. Humanity
16. Run and Hide
17. Waterfalls
18. Me, Myself, and I
19. Plan B
20. Power
21. Compromise
22. Dark Corners
23. Closing In
24. Choosing Sides
25. Foul Play
26. Reverse Rolls
27. Memory Loss
28. Madness
29. Numb
30. Cold Hearted
31. Found
32. Abandonment
33. Life or Death
34. Poison
36. Fear
37. Endings
38. Death Call
39. Trust Issues
40. Personal Hell
41. Irreplaceable
42. Broken Ties
43. Black Siren
44. Uprising
45. Dark Side
46. Devil in Me
47. Pretty Little Liar
48. Interrogation
49. Glory and Gore
50. Desperado
51. Finish Line
Epilogue
Second Book!

35. Hopeless

9.7K 435 118
By -voidallison

8 years ago

A year went by after almost being frozen to death, but the memory of the girl who almost killed me stayed fresh in my mind. I promised myself that I would get revenge for what she did to me, and I never forget something like that, that was for damn sure.

I'd have to admit, Caitlin Snow was a hard girl to track down. She was a girl who kept her face hidden, and something told me that she wanted it that way. I wasn't sure why, but I was willing to guess that it was because of those powers she had. It seemed that when she talked to me as herself she was someone totally different, but the moment those silver eyes reappeared, she was back to being the cold hearted bitch that almost killed me.

It took a year to finally find her, all because of her one slip up. Like I said, Caitlin was a girl who kept her private life hidden from the world, but her meta-human one, not so much. It didn't take a rocket scientist to piece together the clues of a new frosty villain in Central City that went by the name Killer Frost to be the girl that I was looking for.

Jay didn't know anything about my obsession with finding her again; I kept it in secret. Something told me that if he knew that I was going to go back after her, he'd try to put a stop to it. He probably thought that it would be suicide; to get revenge on the girl that almost ended my life. I didn't care though; I was going to get my revenge.

I was going to kill her.

After months debating how I was going to do such thing, I settled on the one thing that would be the worst way to die. It was a new type of poison they were using in the military now-a-days; something that they put inside of bullets to assist in killing the enemy in case the bullet itself didn't do the job. I had to admit, it was a genius military tactic, and now I thought it was genius to use it against Caitlin. I wanted her to suffer a long and painful death, and this was the one way I knew I would get that.

The poison was called Tectroscylin, and the gist of its side effects were simple, yet complicated. It started off simple: first you get the casual side effects, such as throwing up, sweating, light headedness, and distortion. After that started the hallucinations, and that was where the fun part came in. Not only do they say you hallucinate the worst things, but it makes you literally go insane; like claw your own eyes out insane.

Then after that, the poison starts to eat away at your brain, which is supposed to be the worst type of pain you could ever imagine. That's what really makes you go insane; what makes you want to end it all yourself. By the end of it, the infected either die by one of three ways: the first practically being eaten from the inside out, the second being ending it all yourself, or the third being someone else doing it for you. Since the poison eats away at your brain, most victims go crazy and try to hurt the people around them, which is what leads to that fatal end.

Of course, it wasn't going to be easy to get this poison inside of Caitlin. I knew this from the beginning, but I knew I could make it happen. I just knew that it was the best idea, since the pain lasts over a long period of time, and it was what she deserved. She deserved to pay for what she did to me.

Today though finally, I waited for the perfect time to execute my plan. For the past few weeks, I sat in front of the TV tapping my fingers, waiting for a news report about Killer Frost to come across the screen, but it never did. At least, not until today, when it was reported that she was currently spotted at the boating dock downtown.

Jay had been gone for hours; he told me he was going to be gone, but he didn't tell me why. I wasn't worried about him; I was just glad he was gone so I could go do this on my own and show him finally that I can do this.

When I finally get to the boating dock, excitement was flowing through my veins. I've been waiting for this day for some time now, and I was ready to get this show on the road.

I hear gunshots ring from inside a warehouse next to the boating dock, causing me to dart inside. Quickly, I run and hide behind a stack of boxes, making sure to evaluate the situation first before acting. Jay always taught me to look things over before running into things; that was how you lost a battle.

It was a large area; one with lots of shelves and crates. There were at least three men in front of me walking slowly with guns in their hands, eyes searching for something. I knew what that something was, but she was no where in sight. At least, not until I see an icy blast get shot from halfway across the room, hitting one of the men, taking his life. Directly after that, icicles fly through the air to take the other man's life, leaving one left.

My eyes dart to where they came from, and boy was I surprised to see what I did. Caitlin sure changed a lot; that was for sure. Instead of her brown hair that she used to have, her head was covered with bright silver. She wasn't wearing her normal clothing either; she had her own getup. I was shocked to see her like that, mostly because it meant that she gave in; she lost herself and became that person in front of me now.

In a way, she reminded me of myself.

"Tell me, where can I find your boss?" I hear her say in that same frosty tone she had used with me a year ago. "We need to have a little chit chat."

He shakes his head as he aims his gun at her, but I think he knew deep down it was no use. "I'm not telling you-"

"What a shame," Caitlin says finally as she stops directly in front of him, the gun now pressed up against her stomach. Before the man can pull the trigger though, she's reaching forwards and grabbing him by the collar, pressing her lips to his. I wince at the sight, but that was before I notice her kiss freezing him from head to toe.

She pulls away then as she drops him down to the floor below, his body shattering into a thousand pieces of ice. I watch her as she sighs and turns to walk back down the other way, her heals clicking on the hard floor, but I wasn't going to let her get away.

I step out from behind the crates, my fingers dangling just inches away from the syringe that was in my pocket. "Caitlin Snow...you sure took on a dramatic change."

Her silver hair whips around her shoulder as she turns and looks at me, a devious smile washing across her face. "You're the trickster girl, right? I was surprised to see that you were still around. I thought what I did to you was the end, but I guess I was wrong."

"And you're going to pay for that," I state, starting to reach for the syringe before I stop. I stopped because of her devilish laugh ringing in my ears, and that was the only thing that kept me from acting now.

"You aren't going to lay a finger on me," she mocks as her eyes drift away from me to something behind, and it was a good thing I noticed this too, because just before it was too late, I turn to see a blast of fire in my direction, barely dodging it.

The action of moving so fast made me stumble to the floor, but I was quickly back on my feet soon after. I turn to see who my attacker was then, and it was someone I've never seen before; a man who's eyes were pure white with fire behind them. I had to admit, he was quite the looker.

"You made a mistake coming here," Caitlin says to me as mist starts to form in her hands, along with fire coming from the mans. I stand frozen as I keep an eye on both of them, waiting for one of them to make the first move. I figured they were waiting for me to run far away from here like a coward, but I wouldn't do that, not in a million years. I waited too long for this; I wasn't going to let a change in plans ruin it.

"Oh, and by the way," Caitlin says to me as she takes a step forwards, her eyes flashing pure white once again. "My name is no longer Caitlin Snow; it's Killer Frost."

-*+*-

Present

"So good news and bad news," Caitlin says as she walks into the room, causing Barry and I to turn and look at her. After seeing Hunter in my head, I asked Barry if someone could run some tests on me to see if there was anything else wrong, just to be on the safe side. He had to beg Caitlin to help, and I was surprised she agreed after all that I did to her. "Good news is that I didn't find anything particularly wrong with you."

I take a deep breath for some reason, knowing that there was still the catch, and something in the pit of my stomach told me it was what I was fearing. "What's the bad news then?"

"The bad news is that I did find something when I looked around the wound on you thigh, which still hasn't healed oddly enough," she says as she shows us the computer screen, but I didn't understand what was there. "It's a substance that we don't have here; it's not identified at least."

My heart sinks into my chest. I don't say anything, but Barry notices the change in my expression. "What's wrong? Do you know what it is?"

Before I can answer him, I see Harry step into the room, slipping his glasses on his face. "Can I see your data results, Caitlin? I might be able to help."

I stay silent as I watch Caitlin show him my results, my heart racing so fast in my chest. I knew what the answer was going to be, and I didn't want to accept it. If I had what I truly thought it was, it meant that I was already a goner.

Harry stops for a moment and looks down at me. "Did you say you had a hallucination too?"

I slowly nod my head, my stomach twisting. "Yeah, of Hunter."

I guess the look on my face gave Harry the idea that I already knew what was wrong with me. "You already know what's wrong with you, don't you?"

Barry looks between the two of us as I slowly look down at the end of the bed, feeling utterly lost and hopeless. "It's Tectroscylin, isn't it?"

"What the hell is that?" Barry asks, looking utterly terrified. I didn't blame him; I was the same way.

Harry answers the question for me. "It's a poison on our earth used in the military; at least, they used to. They stopped because..."

"Because they ran out of an antidote," I finish for him coldly. The look on Barry's face crushed me, but it crushed me more knowing that Hunter did this to me; that he had the last laugh. "Too many of our own soldiers got infected, and there wasn't a way to reverse what it did to them. I thought they destroyed all of what was left of it, but I guess not-"

"So you're telling me what you have...there's no way to cure it?" Barry breathes, but he didn't know the worst part of it yet. "What are the side effects?"

Harry starts it for me. "Tectroscylin was built to eat away at the brain; to take away the victim's sanity."

"Which causes the hallucinations and other things too," I say before pausing. "Those infected go out of their mind; wanting to attack those around them and even themselves."

Everyone is silent for the longest time, and I wasn't sure what to say. How exactly did you comfort the people around you from the fact that you were going to die?

I slowly take another breath. "Which is why you guys need to lock me away in the pipeline-"

"No," Barry shakes his head. "We aren't locking you away like some animal. We're going to find a way to reverse this-"

"I could hurt you," I state the facts, remembering the last time I had seen what this poison did to someone. It was something that haunted you for the rest of your life. "Please Barry, I don't want to take any chances."

He holds his ground. "Raven, no-"

"Barry," Harry says then, resting his hand on his shoulder. "She's right. Putting her down there will be the best thing for her; we can monitor her while we work to figure this out."

I nod my head as I look Barry in the eyes, reaching out and taking his hand. He looks down at it for a moment before looking back up, a look of determination in his eyes. "We're going to find a way around this, and then we're going to end this once and for all."

Hearing Barry's words made me feel more at ease, but I knew how this ended; I've seen it happen before, and it scared me more than anything else.

I just hoped that having hope was the right choice.

-*+*-

poor raven...but yeah I hope this makes sort of sense so far at least, I thought it would be fun to create a make-belief poison (but yet similar to some others wink wink)

don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
34.2K 687 18
This is a fan fiction for the hit tv show the Flash.. I do not own anything
11.9K 444 14
Disclaimer: I dont own the flash or music or pictures.
57.9K 892 38
The return of a certain metahuman has Barry worried, but he's more focused on the people in his life, and a certain someone lying to him. Being intro...