8. Family Ties

Ever since that night a week ago when everyone figured out who Zoom really was has been weird

Ever since that night a week ago when everyone figured out who Zoom really was has been weird. Everyone hasn't really been talking to one another, Harry hasn't even been around because he's been looking for Jesse, Iris and Joe haven't been around, and Barry can't seem to get his nose out of a book. I thought for a moment that was a good thing, but then I thought again.

Barry has been studying his brains out trying to figure out how to get faster. Granted, that is what Jay told me he wanted from the kid, but it terrified me. I hated the idea of Barry possibly growing faster than Jay and actually having a chance to defeat him, but I wouldn't let myself think that way.

No one was faster than Jay. Not even me.

"Barry," I say, narrowing my eyes as he writes yet another equation up on the board. He ignores me. "Barry!"

He doesn't even turn to look. "What, Raven? I'm kind of busy right now-"

"No you aren't," I sigh as I walk over to him, eyeing up and down at the random jumble of letters and numbers. "You need to take a break. You've been working on this for twenty six hours straight."

"Actually it's been twenty eight," Cisco says then as he walks into the room, a book in hand. Barry looks over at him finally, loosening the grip on the marker in his hand. "She's right, Barry. You need a break."

"And I agree," Caitlin joins in, making me feel better about myself. At least someone else agreed with me. Well, but for different reasons. I just wanted to make sure the kid didn't blow his brains out before Zoom could kill him first.

Barry growls from under his breath. "Guys, I need to figure out how to get faster if I'm going to..."

He fades off, but Caitlin finishes his sentence. "Kill Jay? Barry, trust me, I want to help you just as much as you want to get faster, but you can't work on a restless mind. It's not healthy."

I bite my tongue at Caitlin's words, getting stuck on the kill part. Just like I did to Killerfrost, I never wanted to smack Caitlin silly more than I did now. Just wait until I tell Jay...that'll make her regret her words.

Barry looks down at his watch. "I do have to go to a dinner at Joe's tonight..."

"There you go, now get out of here and go get your mind off of things," Caitlin says a little too enthusiastically for my taste. She reminded me of a cheerleader.

Cisco's eyes widen at the word dinner. "Aw man, I forgot about my dinner!"

"Where do you have to go?" Barry asks, raising his eyebrow. I could tell that he was thinking he meant date, just like the rest of us. A date was weird for Cisco though.

Cisco grabs his jacket, practically out the door before shouting back. "I have a dinner date with Dancing With the Stars tonight! I can't miss it, and it's on in five minutes!"