37. Endings

Present

Present

Pain was something I was used to by now. I experienced the feeling for as long as I could remember; the worst pain of all being when I lost my parents. Of course there was a difference between emotional and physical pain, and for the most part, I was used to physical pain.

But this was different.

All of my life, I was used to getting hit a few times here and there, not to mention almost dying more than once. That part was just included in the package of being a villain, so of course I got used to it. Soon enough, I bucked up and convinced myself that nothing hurt me. However, this type of pain was something I've never experienced before, and it drove me mad.

The ache that had been scattered throughout my whole body shifted towards my head in the matter of an hour, and it was something I've never felt before in my life. The dull ache turned into tiny pricks that felt like needles poking and prodding at my brain, almost as if they were just doing it for the fun of it. The feeling only grew stronger with every second that passed, and I was close to blowing my top off.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I press the palms of my hands to my head, trying to picture myself without this massive headache. It was hard for me to remember what it was like to not have one, and that only made the pain hurt more. A low moan escapes my throat then as I lean up against the wall, wishing that this would just stop.

"Barry!" I shout for no reason in particular. I wasn't sure if they were watching me or not, but it was worth a shot. "Cisco! Please, someone..."

I fade out as I knock my head against the wall, the other sharp flick of pain distracting me for a moment from the other pain before it was back. My ears strained to hear someones voice over the intercom, but there was nothing but the sound of my heart racing in my ears. I almost screamed; at least, that was until I heard Caitlin's voice in my ear, but it wasn't the Caitlin I wanted to hear.

"You feel that, Raven?" she asks me as she stands above me, blocking out the light coming from the celling. Her small shadow shielded my eyes, and it almost felt like it helped my headache a little. "You feel those sharp pricks at your brain...the never-ending void of an ache throughout your entire body...the feeling of insanity? That's how I felt when you injected me. Not so funny now, is it?"

"Make it stop," I plea as if it would do anything. "Please, I'm sorry for what I did, but just make it stop."

She makes the tsk sound with her tongue. "I said the same thing when you watched me suffer...it's a shame, really. I guess karma does exist."

"You're dead," I fire back at her suddenly, anger starting to flow through me. "Hunter killed you when he realized he didn't need you anymore...and now...he's killing me."

She kneels next to me then, her eyes burning a bright silver. A half smirk appears on her face then, and I knew she was up to no good. I tried telling myself that whatever she was going to say wasn't real; that it was only in my head, but it was so damn hard to focus on anything with this massive headache. I couldn't even decipher what was real anymore.