36. Fear

8 years ago

8 years ago

I jolt to my left as I dodge another blast of fire from the man I still didn't know what to call. For the most part, he was doing most of the work while Caitlin stood there and watched with a satisfied look on her face, even though I was able to dodge every single one of his blasts. Something told me she wasn't smiling at that though; I had an idea that her and him were an item, and she was just admiring him as he did his thing.

"Enough child's play," I grunt as I stop running, turning and facing the man as I extend my arms, focusing all of my powers on him for now. I could see Caitlin out of the corner of my eye in case she tried anything, but for now, I was only focused on him alone. I still wasn't quite up to speed as I once was before I had lost my powers, so I could only do so much.

The fire man stops then as he raises into the air, floating seamlessly. Caitlin frowns before I throw him back into a stack of crates behind him, causing him to grunt before falling to the ground with a hard thump. I hear Caitlin growl under her breath before ice starts to form in her hands, but I was ready this time for her.

As she starts to throw them towards me, I focus on each icicle as they stop in mid air, not moving another inch closer to me. Caitlin continues to try her best as she throws icicle after icicle, but it just wouldn't do the job. After a few more attempts at that, she lowers her hands with an exasperated sigh, not being able to believe that I was doing that. Before she can try again however, I focus on each icicle and send them hurling back towards her, but I wasn't going to kill her. Not yet, anyways.

She manages to destroy a few of her icicles before they reached her, but there were three that found their way to her. One of them broke off on her shoulder blade, not harming her in any way, another doing the same, but then the third one found it's way to her side. She lets out a scream as it pierces her deep, but it wouldn't kill her. I knew it wouldn't.

She falls to the ground as blood starts to seep through her outfit, but it only made me smile with satisfaction. I was finally able to beat her; I was finally strong enough.

"Guess you're staring to live up to your name," Caitlin mutters through her teeth as I walk over to her, staring down with a dark expression. My fingers start to twitch right above the syringe in my pocket, and I was more than ready to inject it into her. "I see now why they call you Silver Trickster."

I cock my head. "You know why I'm here, don't you?"

She laughs. "I'm guessing revenge? Something doesn't tell me you're here for girl scout cookies."

I almost grabbed the syringe then, but not yet. "You almost killed me. I should have died that day when you froze my heart, and I'm only here to inflict the same fate upon you."

Caitlin's smile fades from her face, but something about it wasn't satisfying. "Kill me? Sweetie, are you even capable of doing that?"

I flash back to the time I had first killed that man, but I quickly shake it away. "You don't know what I'm capable of."