The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes

95 7 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes

I woke early in the morning, again, to noises; it is rough being a light sleeper. Wilda, was just exiting my bedroom, and closing my door as I looked over that way. I looked around the room to see why she had come into the room in the first place to see hanging on my armoire clothe rod some new clothe wrapped in a clear wrapper, and on the floor were several pair of shoes to match, and a pair of boots. I guess they had rushed out a quick order last night for Diana so she would have something to wear till the remainder of her new things came in. I laid my head back down and went back to sleep.

When I woke again I was presently surprised to see Diana dressed in a simple dress like the ones I love to wear a pair of matching flats on her feet, and her hair braided all the way down her back. She looked wonderful. I rose up out of bed to head to the bathroom to go potty, and to take a quick shower, and get ready for the days activities. “Morning Diana you look lovely. I like your hair that way I think I will do mine the same way when I finish showering. Be right out.” I picked out a dark moss green dress and headed into the bathroom to shower and change. When I came out Diana was sitting in a chair reading one of the many books I have in my personal library. “What ya reading?” I asked.

“This book of rules by the High Council. It is quite old from way back in the 1990's” She held up the book to show me.

“Yes that one is. I believe that is the tenth version they came out with. There are I believe eight more since then, that was the last one in paper form, it is why I keep in around.” I explained, it is my love for all things old, especially old book.

“Are you ready to go down stairs?”

“Can I flash us?” She asked

“Well, I guess you could try, come here let me teach you how first. Hold my hands tight. Now, picture the sitting room where there is nothing in the way, next, hold that firmly in your mind. Then picture you and me disappearing from right here where we are standing then traveling through that door then down the hall, down the stairs, and across the hallway then into the sitting room to where you pictured us standing and have us both reappear. Do you think you can do that?” I asked.

“I think I have it” I felt the familiar tingle through my body, when we flash, then we disappeared from the bedroom. I felt us traveling; my body felt like it was floating on air like it always does, just a lot slower than normal. More carefully. It twisted and turned then I felt like I was falling over. Then my body righted itself, and finally I became visible again. We were standing right smack dab in the center of the sitting room facing the door that led back out to the hallway. “Very impressive, Diana for your first time you did excellent.” I looked down at my communication device to see it took just over a minute to get down here from the bedroom. “Not too shabby at all if I do say so myself.” I pulled her into a side arm hug and spun her around, and walked over to my couch, our couch, and plopped us down to watch the early morning news before it was time to go in for breakfast. “You'll get the hang of it soon enough Diana. Keep practicing, it will get faster, that is how I learned when I was little. Practice makes perfect.”

We stayed there till I heard Maria in the kitchen banging pots and pans around then we walked into the dining room to sit and wait for the others to get there. The rest of the day we spent out at the lake practicing different things that might be useful out on a mission, even Lady Gaia joined in.

The week flew by soon we had a large delivery—by large I mean huge, large. A new custom built armoire that matched mine in our room, and just as large when installed was filled to the brim with all Diana's new dresses and one beautiful gown—I was quite upset by it, this was supposed to be a match to our uniform gowns with a corset top and flowing skirt. It wasn't—the rest of her dresses were beautiful. She even managed to get a dozen pair of shoes in all styles. Her dresser that was in her section of the room was also filled to the brim with personal undergarments as well as a beautiful supplies. There were over a dozen nightgowns all in different shades of silver, some with delicate lace tops and sheer skirts. Like she has anyone to wear them for. She better not, not my daughter. The one good thing they did make for her was a pair of very dark pair of silver pants, and a top to match for missions, and matching boots; heck they even threw in a matching pair of long glove. Even I don't have a pair of them; that will change really soon I am ordering a pair in black today.

I am going to have a word with my grandmother very soon about her uniform gown though. We all have matching gowns the three of us girls my daughter should be no different than us if she is a part of the team. It was bad enough that they made me a special gown to wear just for the special occasions they are making me attend. She can wear that gown to them, but if we are all in military dress code she will be also. That is my rules whether the Queen likes it or not.

I meet Wilda in passing and stop her for a brief moment to talk. “Wilda, A moment please? I have a special request for you if you please? I need one more gown ASAP for Diana. Have them put it in as a special request from me with a couple of minor changes. I want an uniform gown like mine for her same colors with the exceptions of final thread colors from Gold to real Silver, and her elemental symbol in the center of the crest please.”

“The Queen isn't going to like this very much not after having that special gown made for her.” Wilda Said.

“I understand, but she is my daughter and as such she will wear the uniform of the Deciders when we wear them if she is going to be a part of this team. When we go as part of a delegation of worship then we will dress up as the Queen wants us to.” That is my decision.

“I hope you know the bag of worms you are about to open. I will order it right away, and it will be here in a couple of days. This is on your neck girl not mine.” Wilda walked away toward the office. At least I got what I wanted for my daughter this is one of those battles I plan to fight.

I walked into the sitting room for a little piece and quiet for a change while Diana is out practicing her flashing. She is flashing from the back patio near the flower garden to out by the lake on the beach. I felt a breeze pick up behind me while I am relaxing after about an hour, and turn my head to see a dripping wet Diana. “What happened to you girl?”

“I misjudged the beach, and ended up in the middle of the lake, then when I tried to flash back out I flashed all the fish out of the water instead. I had to swim out then return all the fish back into the water before trying to dry off, for some reason it didn't work too well.” She shook her head and sprayed me with water.

“Hey! Stop that, your getting me all wet; go up stairs and take a shower and change into something dry, then get ready for lunch you have about fifteen minutes. Now hurry up.” I started shaking my head at her, she was really dripping water all over the place as she flashed up to the room to shower and change. I think she kind of overdid it with the practicing; the same thing happened to me once when I was little. Must be growing pains. I stood and lifted the water from the carpet she left behind in her wake and transported it to the first floor bathroom to deposit it into the sink. Then I went back to sit down and wait for Diana.

Once she was changed and was back down in the sitting room I rose up from my relaxing position, and took her hand and led her into the dining room to take our seats. “Are you feeling any better now that you are dry, honey?” I asked.

“Much,” She took her seat beside me. “I just don't understand why I couldn't shed all the water off of my clothes out by the lake after I returned all the fish back to it. Nothing would happen.” She shook her head in dismay.

“As I see it you overworked yourself just as I did when I was little and learning myself, I fell into the lake also. I was so tired from flashing all morning long that when I fell in I couldn't dry myself off till after I have recovered some of my strength; mostly from a good meal and a glass of blood.” I laughed, thinking back to the time it happened to me. “It is just one of those thing that happens to us all when we wear ourselves out learning something new in the beginning, honey. Don't sweat it, you will get better with practice, and it won't happen very often after that.” I gave her a quick hug and smile. Then, Lady Gaia flashed in early for a change. So not like our resident witch.

“Your early today.”

“I just came to check up on Diana to see if she was okay after her little swim in the lake. I helped her put all the fish back in after her little mishap, they weren't too happy being stranded out on the sand.” I bet not. Giggle.

“I am fine thank you Ms. Gaia.” She said to her.

“Um... Diana? We call our witches Lady not Ms. It is a polite way to refer to one such as her please, honey. Okay?” I informed her politely. We all had to learn this way back when as children.

“Oh! I am so sorry, Lady Gaia... I meant no disrespect.”

“None taken, sweat heart. I understand. You are new here and are still learning our ways. If it wasn't for your mother insisting we would all be calling you 'Your Holiness' instead of by your real name, 'Diana'. Your mother wants you to fit in here at the manor with all of us. Become one of the family like she did for me. She made me one of the sisters even though I am not really related to anyone of the family; she calls me her sister. It is just because we are all so close here as a family unit. I know, confusing, but I love it really. I always only had just one real sister, now, I have three when you include Icka, Valia, and my natural sister, Lady Samantha.” 'Wow, once you get Lady Gaia talking she gets long winded doesn't she. Giggle' I said to Diana through our mind link. 'Yes she is so funny to talk to mother. I really like her a lot.' 'Me to, I love all my sisters and brother, honey.'

“She likes you a lot, Lady Gaia,” Ops she is blushing. “Sorry, Diana I didn't mean to make you blush. You can tell her though we all do, we never hold back our feeling here in Ravenwood.”

“Mother? What is a Ravenwood?”

“Oh. My. Goddess. I forgot to explain that to you. This whole home we live in is called Ravenwood Manor, it has been around for well over six hundred and fifty years. Just last year they completely renovated the whole place, and made it much larger—added an extra floor—plus two more turret rooms like the one Lady Gaia stays in, to the front of it to make it look more, castle like.” I could tell she was completely enthralled with my explanation. “The third floor is our guest wing now, and the old ballroom where we held dances was turned into two rooms. One for the, King and Queen, when they visit, and the other for the conference room where we did your fittings at.”

“That is so interesting I never would have thought this place was that old. It not looks that old.” Diana said. I love the way my little girl speaks. 'Your just so precious, honey. I love you.'

“I love you to, mother.”

“Awww! How sweet she is!” Lady Gaia remarked.

“How sweet who is?” Wilda walked in with Stela right as Icka and Bavo came flashing into the room together. 'Close call guys.' I mind linked to them quickly.

“Diana, She just told her mother she loved her, how sweet is that?” Lady Gaia explained to Wilda what she was talking about.

“She is a real sweet heart. Takes after her mother for sure.”

“Wilda!”

“What? It's true what can I say I have this feeling she is going to be another Valia as she grows up. Nothing wrong with that.” Wilda complemented me. Not something I am used to hearing.

“Whatever you say, She is a really a very good girl that much I do know so far, and I do love her,” now it was Diana's turn to blush. Guess it is contagious. We finished up with lunch and went our separate ways for the rest of the day. I went out to the lake to help Diana with her flashing and to catch a few rays of the sun. It turned into a very relaxing day, all in all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 8.7K 37
This is a story about rejection, finding love, and friendship. What happens when a teenage girl is rejected and finds a second chance mate? She train...
577K 12.7K 62
Everyone remembers the legends of the feud between wolves and vampires. But what happens when the whole story isn't told and only a hand full of wol...
2.9K 129 23
I look as she yells at my beta for making her friend mad, and I can't help but think about her. She is always going to be my world, no matter what. W...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...