Love's Melody

By DeannaMPetrie

Anna's terrified of change, but when her mom decides it’s time to move across the country she has to leave be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 6

246 7 0
By DeannaMPetrie

You know that voice in your head that tells you what to do? Some call it instinct some call it a conscience. It’s there to help you but all mine did was left me there glued to the seat and my head reeling for questions.

                I looked over at Jake letting my eye’s plead for the help I desperately needed.

                He saw my look and put a finger to his mouth motioning for me to keep quiet.

                That’s when it hit me, my dad wasn’t dead. Jake is my brother. And my mom lied to me. I quietly scooted my chair from under the table letting Jake look over at me questioningly.

                “I have to go…” I slowly left the house tears daring to fall from my eyes.

                I wasn’t paying attention to where my feet were dragging me until I realized I was lost, and a good five blocks from the house. Not looking yet I heard a car stalling beside me as I walked I turned my head and never before have I been so relieved to see that familiar Porche Panamara.

                “Need help?”  He shouted over to me.

                 I thought about it for a minute but just kept walking he wasn’t forgiven quite yet.

                “Look Anna I’m sorry. I know I over reacted, I shouldn’t have tried to control you!” the sincerity rang clear in his voice.

                I stopped and his car did too.

                “Fine,” I rolled my eyes, hiding the smile that threatened to come over my lips. I wasn’t sure yet if he was forgiven, but I was sure happy he saved my arse.

               I sat back in the seat and wiped away some of the tears that were still streaming down my eyes, as I silently listened to the radio absorbing the sound instead of letting it out. Aaron turned down the radio and glimpsed at me once in a while. “What’s the matter?” he paused “what were you doing way out here?”

                “Aaron I don’t want to talk about it!” I snapped a little hastily.

                He sat back in his seat and let out a frustrated sigh before refocusing on the road.

                “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have snapped but can you please take me home?” I started scratching my arm a nervous habit I picked up around 6th grade.

                “Ok.” He sighed again dejectedly.

                The rest of the car ride was silent except for the soft music playing in the background I felt my phone vibrate I looked at the caller id and put it to voice mail no way in hell was I talking to my mom right now.

                I looked over at Aaron and a cocky grin was smeared across his face.

                “What?” I asked trying to keep the infectious smile off my face.

                “You know I’m supposed to be watching you so she has my number, she’s going to call me.” He chuckled.

                Almost right on queue his phone started blaring out “I write sins, not tragedies” by panic at the disco.

                “Hello…” he answered “no, she’s next to me…” I waited “I don’t think now is a good time… ok, I’ll tell her you said hi.”

                He got done and sat his phone in the middle consol and didn’t say nothing I turned back to the window after gaping at him.

                “Your mom said hi.” He laughed.

                “No ship Sherlock!” I raised my hands and slapped them down on my legs, following along with a light bit of laughter.

                I felt better somewhat but I still felt like crying when Christina Perry’s newish song ” thousand years” came on.

                “I loved you for a thousand years I’ll love you for a thousand more… I have died every day waiting for you for a thousand years I love you for a thousand more.” I and along with her knowing Aaron was listening to me.

                “You know what?” he decided.

                “What?” I asked knowing I sounded confused.

                “Can we try that date over again?” he raised an eyebrow at me begging me to say yes

                Yes

                “No…” I meant for it to sound almost firm but not in a mean way but instead it came out in a question.

                “Why not,” he whined loudly in my ear.

                “I just want to go home,” I pulled my legs up to my chest suddenly feeling really fatigued.

                “So what about tomorrow?”

                “We’ll see.” I said cockily as I winked and got out of the car that pulled into my drive way a few seconds before.

                I went inside and threw myself on my makeshift bed letting all the car sounds and bird chirping fade away as I drifted to sleep.

                I woke up to the last sounds I heard before I fell asleep I looked at my phone to catch a glimpse at the time 8:30 in the morning! I groaned at the time, I got up and put on my swim suit quietly walking downstairs like I was going to wake someone up. I flung my towel off my shoulder and put it over a patio chair.

                I dived in the chlorine soaked water and came up for a gasp of breath. When my head broke the surface something wrapped around my waist and pulled me under. The thing turned me around and I opened my eyes before his lips came crashing down on mine. We floated to the top and I backed my head away to get some air. I looked at him and then remembered where we were.

                “What are you doing here?” I asked a little out of breath.

                “Well I thought I’d go for a morning swim and your mom said I was welcome over anytime.” He pulled me in a little closer to him.

                “But at 8:30 in the morning?” I raised an eyebrow.

                “I went to bed early last night early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.” He bragged.

                “Isn’t that a Benjamin franklin quote?” I tried unsuccessfully to wriggle out of his embrace not that I minded it that much.

                “I don’t know, it sounded smart so I said it.” He let go of me and flipped back in the pool momentarily going under the water.

 I followed his lead but in the opposite direction then just swimming in random spots. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he kissed my cheek.

“So how about that date?” he whispered in my ear.

I shivered slightly under his touch, and my mind went blank. “Um… maybe.” My voice cracked… damn.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” His voice sounded a little heavy before he plunged back in the deep end.

I climbed on the raft and laid there letting the air dry me off.

“Wow! now your just trying to tease me.” Aaron whistled, his eyes raking up and down me.

I blushed feeling self-conscience. “I am not,” I protested.

“Sure…” he rolled his eyes and got out.

I stayed there swatting my hand in the water and letting the wind sway my raft around the pool allowing me to fall back asleep. When I woke up I forgot I was on a raft and jerked to the side making it tip and me fall in engulfing me under water.

After I climbed out I got changed into a black floral print ruffle front dress paired with a pair of black flip-flops with a black rose in between the toes. I quickly flipped my hair, and grabbed my phone.

                I read a text that said practice at 3:30

                I replied back with kk. Right now yesterday just felt like an awful dream and I was going to push it off for as long as possible.

            I looked at my phone’s gps to get directions to a café nearby. Walking there was easy not being seen by one of the people inside was going to be hard. I pushed the door open and a bell went off much to my pleasure he never looked up from his laptop. I sat at a table that was blocked from his field of sight.

            “I’m Erica I’m your server today what would you like to drink?” a tall blonde girl asked me.

            “Just water.”

            She rolled her eyes and walked off like I did something to make her mad. Someone’s not getting a good tip. I thought to myself. I looked at the menu in front of me trying to shield my face I already knew what I wanted.

            She sat the water in front of me along with a set of silverware and stood there with her weight on one leg.

            “Do you know what you’re going to order?” she asked in a sarcastic tone.

            “Yeah, can I get French toast and eggs.

            “How would you like your eggs?”

Her tone was starting to frustrate me. “Over easy hold the sarcasm please.” I said rather rudely.

She gave me a harsh look and quickly scuttled away. My phone went off in my pocket I pulled it out and smiled when I read the text.

Dinner tonight at 6:30…?

I typed my reply and slid my phone in my pocket and leaned back again waiting for my food to come.

When she finally came back with my food she seemed to be in a more pleasant mood when she sat it down. She refilled my water and left no sarcastic remark or death glare before either. I finished eating and went up to pay for my food and that’s when he saw me.

“Anna!” he sounded way over excited.

“Jake.” I said curtly.

He frowned at my tone when he realized I was still mad “please let me explain yesterday…” he begged.

“No,” I said while handing the cashier the money.

“Please.”

“Jake I said no now go away please.” I got back my change and tried to shove past him.

“Just let me explain.” He pleaded.

“You’re making a scene.” I walked out the door hoping he wouldn’t follow.

I was wrong he grabbed my wrist and I turned around. “You have 3 minutes.” I grit my teeth.

“I didn’t know I had a sister and my dad never told me what happened to my mom all I know is that I saw you at practice and I could feel it as well as see it you and I both know we look a lot alike.” He let go of my arm and stepped back.

“But couldn’t you have warned me first!” my voice came out as a yell but faded to a soft whisper.

“Well what was I supposed to say would you have believed me?”

                “No…” I thought about it for a minute I would have probably gone ape on him and stormed out.

                “Yeah so there is why I couldn’t tell you.”

                “Well I have to go I don’t feel like trying to sort this stuff out right now, by the way how old are you?”

                “Sixteen.” I raised an eyebrow.

                “When’s your birthday?”

                “January 6th.”

                I bit my lip in excitement. “I’ve never had a brother let alone a twin!”

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N so yeah there's the next chapter do you like where its going so far can you believe theyre twins what do you think will happen between the charecters and stuff do you think i should make a new Aaron pov next please comment and tell me

vote comment and all that good junk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 58.2K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
12.7K 543 12
Sequel to "Hurt" "Hurt" is a must-read before reading this book. Sarah Leigh Dixon is back with more. The truth between Richard and Lily is about to...
5M 148K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
995K 28.1K 122
"I’ve had many things stolen from me. Money, keys, credit cards, even my own heart, but none of that mattered more than stealing lies. People relied...