His Sunflower (Fruits Basket...

By AnimeOtaku01

It's been 3 years since Hinata was taken to America and stripped of her memories. In that time, the spirit of... More

Meet the Characters
The Beginning
Before and After
Beautifully Painful
Curse
Moving Forward
Rats and Rabbits
Every Part
Black, White, and a Little Gray
The Rabbit's Resolve
Go Ahead and Skip This
Desperation Won't Create Forgiveness
They Grew
Covers
Never
100 Followers
Secrets
Hello
Before

Heart Beat

1.8K 70 64
By AnimeOtaku01

"Now would be a good time to start if you ever want to act on your emotions." -Hinata Honda

"Momiji, I told you I'm fine." Hinata said softly, sitting up in bed was obviously a struggle for her but she stayed up determinedly.

"Your heart stopped." Momiji choked out, feeling a painfully familiar feeling.

He remembered being in the same position, 4 years ago. They had gone to make a New Years wish, and he'd almost lost everything he wanted.

"It happens often. This really isn't that big of a deal." Hinata smiled, trying to cheer him up.

"You were almost gone, and I wasn't even here." The unspoken 'again' hung in the air.

"Momiji it was only for a minute, at most. Really, I'm fine."

Momiji looked away, feeling like a child again but looked up when he heard her chuckle.

"What?" He asked gloomily.

"I just find it really sweet how much you care. We barely met and you are this upset. It's really cute."

That's not true.

I've known you since we were in middle school.

I saw you sitting under a tree and I sat with you.

I watched you slowly become more confident.

Hesitant to bold, quiet to sarcastic.

I've seen you cry.

I've seen you hurt.

I've seen you happy.

I've seen you laugh.

I had to look up to you when we first met, then I began to slowly surpass your once unreachable height.

I saw you as a friend.

To a best friend.

Sister.

Crush.

First love.

We didn't just meet.

But you're right, I do care.

I'll never stop caring.

A pink flush rose on his cheeks as he frowned (pouted) at her. "I'm not cute. I'm cool."

Hinata laughed at that. "Yes, I know. Cool guy with leather and sunglasses."

"That was just a few months, gosh!" Momiji blushed harder.

"Being cute isn't bad you know? A lot of girls would kill for a guy like you. I bet you already have a list that are tracking me down."

Momiji immediately paled.

"Ayaka and Hikari Shino." He whimpered.

"That's... oddly specific- They're in the window aren't they?" Hinata paled.

Momiji slowly nodded as she turned around and bit her lip to keep from screaming.

In the window stood two girls. One with black hair and rare blue eyes, the other with black hair and brown eyes. Both stared lustfully a Momiji who screamed.

"Go away!"

"Prince Momiji-sama." They cooed, "We brought you gifts."

"I'M GOING TO CALL THE POLICE!" He yelped fearfully.

"That's okay Prince Momiji-sama. We know you'll wait for us, right?"

"Leave me alone!" He wailed.

"Don't be like that, we love you!"

"I'll call Hatsuharu on you again!"

This seemed to affect them and they stiffened.

"We'll be back beloved. Wait for us, okay? We'll bring delicious treats next time!"

Momiji waved a phone threateningly and they were gone.

He sighed in relief and slumped.

Hinata stared at him for a minute before her shoulders began to shake with laughter.

"This isn't funny." He complained. "They stole 3 sets of my clothes and a pair of my underwear."

Hinata was getting tears in her eyes from holding in her laughter as she clasped a hand over her mouth.

"They made a fan club for me!"

Hinata finally gave into the battle and giggled loudly at that. Shoulders shaking with her laughter and after a moment, Momiji found himself smiling along.

"You know, it's horrible right?" He said, mouth twitching fondly.

"You're underwear?" She laughed louder when he nodded.

A big smile spread across his face as he gently shoved her, she collapsed on the bed, still laughing.

"Fan club?"

"They have a whole initiation thing with an oath and they worship a shrine of me."

Hinata was laughing so hard now, tears were rolling down her cheeks. Pretty soon, Momiji found himself giggling along.

"Megumi," he gasped, "sold them a toothbrush that he found on a sidewalk. They bought it because they thought it was mine!"

The two were now nothing but shaking bodies of laughter and disbelief.

Momiji leaned his head on her shoulder as they rode out the final waves of silly giggles.

"I'm so sorry." She grinned at him brightly, her face completely opposite of her words.

"No you aren't. You're using me for your own sick amusement!" He complained, his voice completely carefree and happy.

"I'm sorry, I really am!" A few more giggles escaped. "But it's so funny! It sounds like something out of a game or sitcom."

"Trust me, it's real." He rolled his chocolate brown eyes as Yuki poked his head in.

"Why are you two giggling so much?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We were talking about fan clubs." Momiji offered as Hinata continued giggling helplessly.

"Oh really? Well, I bet I have a story that tops all of yours." Yuki smiled and went to sat next to them.

"When I was in my first year of high school, the club was already established for me, I don't know why but it was, and I was approached by a third year. She told me she wanted to defile me and have my babies. She then proceeded to growl at any girl that came near and on multiple occasions, I walked into my room to see her naked on my bed." Yuki shuddered as the other two laughed.

"Where is she now?" Hinata asked finally.

"Prison." He smirked, sending the other two giggling again.

"I didn't know girls were so weird!" Hinata gasped out.

"Oh they are the weirdest." Momiji grinned. "Some of them are okay though..." He murmured, staring at her meaningfully.

Hinata met his gaze and flushed as Yuki stared at the two back and forth before standing up.

"Well, I'm going to go make dinner while you two flirt." Yuki said flatly.

The brunette and blond both turned beet red and spluttered, jerking away from each other, embarrassment written on their faces as Yuki left the room.

They stayed in silence for a moment before Hinata stiffened.

"Did Yuki just say he is going to make dinner?"

Momiji turned a ghostly white and his eyes widened.

"Yuki no!"
__________________________________

Did I make y'all panic just to make a fluffy chapter? Yes, yes I did. I haven't smiled enough lately and this made me grin like a crazy person. Besides, I'm really giddy at 100 follows. I also like manipulating emotions.

I'm sorry, not sorry :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 5 2
When Karasuno finally achieves their goal of winning nationals it feels like a hollow victory as the third years will be parting ways and going off t...
4.5K 124 19
The Sakamaki's are living there lives in peace with there new guest until they are forced to move. Regretfully leaving everything behind. But rest a...
115K 3.9K 49
A foreigner from California suddenly transfers to Japan's Karasuno. She's shy and quiet- sometimes coming off as rude due to her not talking to anyon...
59.7K 2.4K 15
Haru's worst fear of losing Makoto came true when Makoto got a girlfriend. Haru realized that he loved Makoto too much to let him go. Perhaps Makoto...