The Final Battle (RAPTURE Ser...

By LadyDawn

This is the final book of the Rapture series. The four children have grown up and taken over where their pare... More

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
Preface
Dedications
Chapter 1 The Rite of Passage & Ravenwood Manor
Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood
Chapter 3 Our First Day of Practice
Chapter 4 The First Call Out
Chapter 5 Lady Gaia Departs Hello Lady Sam
Chapter 6 Poof - Surprise! Screech
Chapter 7 Interview With The Queen
Chapter 8 Care to Go for a Swim?
Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite
Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?
Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army
Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia
Chapter 13 Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 14 "Valia, What Just Happened?"
Chapter 15 I Am Not Your Test Dummy
Chapter 16 A Revelation From The Moon Goddess
Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding
Chapter 18 A Doctor Visit With A Surprise
Chapter 19 A Mission Now? Shorthanded?
Chapter 20 Where Is The Baby? Valia, Valia Wake Up!
Goddess of the Earth Poem
Chapter 21 I Think We Failed Also
Chapter 22 Hi I'm Your Mother
Chapter 23 Home Sweet Home, Summer Solstice Nightmare
Chapter 24 The Great Reveal
Chapter 26 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child 2
Chapter 27 The Fifth Element Has New Clothes
Chapter 28 Wake Up We Have A Mission
Chapter 29 The Lugnasadh Festival
Chapter 30 I Wouldn't Want to Be in Your Shoes
Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst
Chapter 32 Time For Another Little Trip
Chapter 33 Who Are You?
Chapter 34 Welcome Back, You Are Back Aren't You?
Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!
Chapter 36 Once Too Often, Your A Goddess?
Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard
Chapter 38 They Returned to Ravenwood
Chapter 39 A Goddess Comes, A Goddess Goes
Chapter 40 Time to Kill
Chapter 41 The Goddess Realm
Chapter 42 A Light in the Dark
Chapter 43 Back to the Drawing Board
Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!
Chapter 45 Third Time Is A Charm?
Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over
Chapter 47 A Final Thank You

Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child

78 8 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 25 Through The Eyes of A Goddess' Child

I woke to all kinds of noises not normally accustomed to hearing. I opened my eyes looking around it was still dark with just the light from the tiniest sliver of a moon coming in through my balcony windows. I never close the curtains there at night, and prefer to crack the door open just a bit so as to let the cooler night air into the room to freshen it a bit while I sleep. I look over to it, and the door is wide open; not how I left it before bed. I hear more noises, but they seem to be coming from my in-suite bathroom, I rise up out of bed to go check to see what Wilda could possible be doing at this un-goddessly hour of the morning. I slowly walk to my bathroom pushing the door open to peak inside only to see my daughter covered in my favorite dusting powder from head to toe, and the floor as well; my makeup scattered all over the place. Well, I just broke out into laughter; I couldn't help myself. It really was a funny site to see.

Diana looked over at me startled that she had been caught in the act covered in my dusting powder. I walked over to her and helped her up off the floor and out of her nightgown, and into the shower, turned on the water to clean her up. With our new rain shower it instantly turned her into a brown mud color; she looked dreadfully awful. I kept in my giggles till I had managed to get all the powder sludge out of her hair, and off her arms and legs. Then pulled her open hand out to me, and squirted some liquid soap into it then motioned for her to rub it into her skin to finish washing herself off while I stepped out of the shower to strip off my soaked nightgown.

I pulled back the shower glass door to see her covered in soap foam now almost head to toe again; again I had to stifle my giggles. I guess I am going to have to teach her everything this girl needs to know, I am her mother after all. I stepped into the shower with her and motioned for her to step under the rain shower to rinse off. Once she was done I motioned for her to move to the corner of the large shower while I took one myself while she watched me. I throughly washed every part of my body, properly, in front of my daughter to show her how it was done; even washing my long hair and applying the cream rinse to it. When we were done I handed her a large towel and took one for myself as we exited the shower. Then proceeded to dry off as I did, she slowly mimicked what I was doing; she caught on quickly and was dry in no time at all. I helped her to dry her long silver hair down with the blowdryer which scared her till I used it on my own hair first to dry my ends off, then turned her around to finish hers off. She has hair like silk, and fine like a new born babies; it felt so delicate, but thick all at the same time.

Forgetting that we had no clothes in the bathroom, and the floor was covered in cosmetic products, we carefully walked around the mess on the floor to get around it all then out to our bedroom to get a change of clothes. I handed her a pair of my silk panties and picked a pair for myself and put them on, again she did as I did. This was like a game of monkey see monkey do. Next, I rummaged through all my dresses till I came across the perfect dress for her, well, I though it was till I held it up in front of Diana. She let out the most horrid sound I have ever heard shaking her head side to side. She ran over to her bedside and came back with her silver gown she wore the night before. “Diana, we are not going anywhere special today we have no need to dress up today, honey.” I tried to take the dress from her, but she refused to let go of it.

“No, I wear this one. No like that.” She pointed to the pretty one I held up in front of me it was a floor length light yellow shift dress, I figured she might like it being the color was so light against her skin color which was a little darker than my own. “I wear this.” She started pulling it over her head to put in on. I finally let her. I will fight my battles as I see fit, this one isn't that important right now. I finished getting dressed in a very light green number with matching green flats. It was still so early, but no time like the present to start showing, Diana around even if it was dark outside. I snapped my Flexi-vuescreen onto my wrist, and we headed out of our room. I was not going to flash her around just yet till she knew the lay of the land so to speak.

I took her hand in mine and led her down the curving flight of stairs to the hallway that led to other parts of the house. We entered the sitting room first to sit for a few minutes to see what was on the news before heading out for new adventures in the land of Ravenwood. After we had been sitting there watching the morning news for about fifteen minutes—more like the news was on and I was explaining what a TV was and how the sound was coming from my chair and why the lights in the room seemed to follow us around as we walked—I gave up on gaining any real information and left to go down to the underground office.

“Good morning, Viorel and Julie, how are you both?” I asked. “I brought Diana down to show her around. She woke up kind of early today so I figured we would get a head start on the tour of the manor,” they both stood up and came around the large desk with all the overhead screens to greet us.

“It is a pleasure to meet you again Diana.” They stuck out their hands each for my daughter to shake, but she just looked at them in wonder. I had to jump into action to save the day and teach her once again.

“Like this Diana,” I reached out a hand to Viorel and shook it once then place Diana's hand in Viorel's to do the same. “Now just shake the way I did one time. She did as I did then did the same to Julie then a big smile broke out on her face. “That is a polite way of saying hello when you first meet someone.” I explained.

“I like this way of talking. Viorel is a very passionate sole and Jolie's sole is deeply troubled.” Diana replied. I was shocked at her statement.

“Um... Diana? Why would you say that?” I asked. I turned her and looked into her eyes they were swirling again like in my dream. “Diana?”

“Mother? Did I do something wrong?” Her eyes changed, the swirling stopped and turned to a dull gray color.

“No my daughter you did nothing wrong. Just why did you say those things just now? Can you sense then from a touch?” Now I am intrigued.

“Yes mother I can. Did I do something wrong by telling them that?”

“No. No, you did nothing wrong, that is wonderful dear girl, just wonderful.” Viorel spoke up. Diana's face lit up instantly. Though Julie still didn't look to thrilled at the moment. “Isn't that right Julie?” Viorel asked. Oh great.

“Um... Right, yes it is great, Diana. If I may call you that Your Holiness?”

“Yes. Yes, Diana is my name you may call me by my name. Diana.” She seems happy again. 'Yes mother I am happy shouldn't I be?' 'Ops sorry I forgot. The mind reading thing. Giggle.'

“Ah... Mother and Daughter talk through the mind already, so fast.” Viorel commented. “It must be a gift of mothers and daughters, they all seem to be able to do it.”

“Yes, except, she can read my mind without me talking to her... not just what I speak to her, where as I can only hear what she speaks to me.” So interesting. 'Would you like to be able to read my thoughts too, mother?' Diana asked. 'I really don't know, sweetie it is kind of complicated at the moment. I will have to get back to you on that okay?' 'Okay mother.' She brightly chirped back.

“Wow. I have never heard of that being done before.” Julie looked up from her work to reply “That could come in handy out in the field on a mission.” 'I never thought of that, interesting, we may have to look into this, Diana.' 'Whatever you say, mother.'

“Well, we will be heading out have a good day you two. See ya.” Diana waved as we headed out and up the stairs. I took her hand again and led her to the conference room opened the door to show her where we met during a big meeting then we went out back to the garden for a bit, the sun was just coming up. We stayed there for only a few minutes it was getting close to breakfast, and time to head inside to get cleaned up before we hit the dining room. I led her to the first floor wash room to use the potty and wash up before entering the dining room. Once again she mimicked me in every thing I did, it was like teaching the child I never got the chance to have only in a much larger size. Child.

When I took my place at the table she sat right beside me, I went to correct her because she sat in Wilda's place, but stopped myself I had no idea where else she would actually sit if not by my side. We waited for the rest to enter, Wilda and Stela walked in together last. Wilda came up and pulled out the chair next to Diana and sat down as if it was a natural thing to do. “Sorry, Wilda. I know you usually sit there I hope this is Okay with you?”

“I wouldn't have it any other way sweetie. Diana needs to sit by her mother's side. I will help her any way I can.” Wilda was so accommodating when it came to helping others. “Have you both been up long?”

“Yes actual we have. Diana had a little 'accident' I have to go clean up in my bathroom after breakfast. Giggle. Well more than little, but that is okay it was a learning experience for her. She learned all about the shower and how to wash this morning.” I couldn't stop the giggle. “Wilda could you arrange for the tailors to come to the manor for Diana, please she needs a totally new wardrobe. She really only has that one dress and won't wear any of mine, so if we can put a rush in on it please?” I begged.

“No problem I will have them here later this afternoon for her. She should have all new thing by the end of the week.” Wilda replied.

“Here that honey, you won't have to wear my clothes. We are going get you your very own made just for you to wear won't that be nice?”

“Thank you mother. Yes that would be very nice. Will they be like this one?” She ran her hand over the material then pointed to it.”

“Do you mean the silky material or the silver color? See mine is light green and made of cotton and is very light and soft.”

She reached out a hand and felt my dress and rubbed it between her thumb and fingers then her own. “I like both, but I like this col... color is that the right word?” she asked me.

“Yes daughter mine, color is the right word you are looking for. And your dress color is called, Silver. It is a very pretty color and appropriate for who you are. It is a spirit color in the elemental colors of the Goddess.” Her face lit up at hearing that.

“Goddess Mother gave me this dress to wear last night to see you. It was my first.”

“So, you never had anything before coming down to be with me before?” Interesting.

“We have no need for such things, we have no bodies with my mother the Goddess of the Moon.” Oh that is right I remember my time there. 'Yes she told me all about your visit with her, mother,' Right about then Maria walked in with her cart loaded down with food and began to fill up the serving table, then left so we could get our food.

“She no speak to anyone?” Diana asked.

“No honey, Maria is very busy in the kitchen in the mornings she usually doesn't speak much to us unless we speak to her first.” Bavo, got up to start the morning ritual of getting a plate of food, and we waited our turn; I was always last till this morning I got up with my daughter to help her with her plate of food. When she had what she thought she wanted to eat plus a glass of blood we both filed around the table back to our seats and sat back down. This should be interesting.

I shook out my cloth napkin and laid it in my lap first thing; she copied me. Then I picked up my fork and stabbed a piece of sausage to eat and watched out of the corner of my eye as once again she did the same, I brought it to my mouth and took a bite and chewed slowly. I glanced over to see how she would respond to something totally new. She took one big bite chewed it then spit it back out into her plate. I bust out laughing on the spot. “I am so sorry honey. I didn't mean to laugh at you. I take it you didn't like the taste? Funny, you loved it the whole time I was pregnant with you, it was one of the few things you would let me eat, that and bacon of course you would also let me have my eggs with cheese also.” I told her. “Try the bacon you might like it a little better, it is salty.” She took a tiny bite, and I watched her face light up. Just as I expected a bacon fanatic. She attacked her plate after that eggs with cheese especially, everything but the sausage.

I dug into my plate of food all the while watching her eat, when I finished I swiped the two leftover pieces of sausages off her plate so they wouldn't go to waste. “did you get enough to eat or would you like a little more sweetie?”

“No, I have had enough thank you, mother.” When everyone else was finished eating we all helped pick up the dining room and take it all into the kitchen before heading down into the training room. This time I did take Diana's hand and flashed her down with me, she was so excited that we flashed again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

0 0 10
In the final book, set 2 years after the events of book 5, will Mary be able to undo what was done and bring back those that were lost. Mary and her...
136K 5.9K 29
The final book in the series. Will Leo find his mate? What reason's does the enemy have for attacking? Will the truth finally be revealed? There is o...
1.3K 22 23
The world is more strange than it seems. Among the humans roam the creatures from the Supernatural World: the Werewolves, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Wi...
33.6K 2K 28
(Book 5) Mars escaped in the last battle, and when he surfaces this time, Rose and her friends and family are waiting and ready to face him for the l...