Always ✔

By TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and h... More

♡| Introduction
♡| Prologue
1| Relationships and Restaurants
2| Friends and Foes
3| Besties and Bullies
4| Decisions and Dangers
5| Pain and Panic
6| Pretenders and Perceptions
7| Boyfriends and Bikers
8| Past and Prejudice
9| Feelings and Fears
10| Heartache and Hatred
11| Changes and Charms
12| Anger and Anguish
13| Blue and Blind
14| Cold and Conflict
15| Guilt and Grief
16| Lost and Lonely
17| Hate and Hurt
18| Regrets and Rewards
19| Fire and Fury
20| Shift and Shock
21| Love and Longing
22| Rage and Revelation
23| Care and Confidence
24| Tensions and Temptations
25| Secrets and Sadness
26| Aggression and Accusation
27| Falling and Fuming
28| Heartbreak and Her
29| Dread and Deject
31| Revenge and Razzle
32| Venetia and Vengeance
33| Memories and Mindfulness
34| Bonds and Beyond
35| Honesty and Him
36| Always and Ablaze
37| Cautions and Catastrophes
38| Trust and Torment
39| Agony and Affliction
40| Helpless and Hopeful
41| Heartbeats and Horrors
42| Guarantees and Goodbyes
43| Trouble and Terror
44| Meeting and Melting
45| Departure and Defiance
46| Stay and Strengthen
47| Prom and Passion
♡| Epilogue
UPDATE

30| Apology and Apprehension

4.5K 202 138
By TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to:@omg_its_zahu

Thank you so very much for being such a sweet voter and commenter, buddy :) I greatly appreciate your support!!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they're watching their whole world fall apart and all they can do is blankly stare"

~Pinterest

Claire's POV

Adriel and James had walked into the scene and I was tightly wrapped in Adriel's embrace, burying my face in her arms...cursing myself for what I had done.

We sat on the chairs outside the hospital patient room, waiting for the doctor to call us inside and James kept telling me "It's not your fault Claire. It was an accident, you didn't know and you didn't mean for any of this to happen"

Of course I didn't mean it for it to happen.

But it's happened.

I can't undo it.

"He's never going to forgive me" I sniffed, biting my lower lip to prevent myself from crying again. It was hard to even say his name.

Adriel rubbed my back to sooth me but it wasn't helping a bit "He'll forgive you Clairy...he loves you"

"No he fucking doesn't!" I yelled with clenched teeth "He told me that himself, straight to my face"

"What?" Adriel retorted back "When?"

My head was hurting from how long I had been wailing "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Adriel but Logan and I already talked about this a few days ago"

Her eyes widened and she looked at me with utter astonishment in her brown pupils "What happened?"

"I confessed to him, that's what happened. I told him I was in love with him" I swallowed a painful lump in my throat "And he rejected saying that he didn't love me back"

I realized it must've have proven as a complete shock to Addy - knowing that her two close friends had gone this far and she had no clue about it. She was speechless for long after hearing that and kept staring away into the distance while James took over.

He said "That is impossible, Claire. Either he is playing with you or he has completely lost his mind"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because he just can't stop talking about you" he shot a strikng smile at me, compassionate dimples invading his cheeks "I've seen it. I've seen the way he looks at you and even at the gym, you're the only one he's ever talked about with me. For an hour straight he goes on blabbering about you. He's an idiot, Claire...he's too naive to realize his feelings for you just yet and I might have to knock some sense into him when wakes up from his little coma"

I pursed my lips and nodded to indicate that I understood but I didn't.

If Logan really talked about me so much then why was he trying to stay away from me? He doesn't even like any other girl.

It just didn't make any sense.

But whatever it was, even if he did possess feelings for me, I yelled some pretty harsh things at him back there. I went as far as telling him that I didn't trust him anymore.

I was certain when he wakes up and recollects everything that's happened; he's going to hate me.

"Claire?"

I looked up to see Breanna standing in front of us. She had been sitting far away from us all this while.

"I'm really sorry" she exclaimed, and I noticed the tear traces on her cheek and how brightly her cheeks had blemished red "I made a big mistake. I agreed with Venetia to do this because she told me she's gonna let me be her friend if I do...so I agreed. I...I don't want to be her friend anymore. I was greedy and selfish but I've learned my lesson"

"You should be apologizing to Logan" I replied miserably "He's the one who's actually suffering real pain"

"I will. But I believe I owe an apology to you too. Please forgive me"

When I didn't say anything she urged "I promise I'll not hurt anyone ever again and I'll never interfere in anybody's life I promise"

I forgave her. I had to. There was no reason left for me to hold grudge against her anymore since she had realized her mistake.

"Who was in this with you?" James asked from besides me, sheer fury consumed his countenance.

"Venetia, Cade and...Natalie" she replied.

**********

The doctor finally walked out and claimed that we were ready to see Logan. He elucidated about the kind of injuries he had acquired. According to him, it was his chest and his ribs that were hurt due to his body crashing into the steering wheel since he had no seatbelt on.

The glass bottle of beer he had in his hands shattered due to impact. He had obtained a cut on his forehead, that's where the blood oozed through.

I cringed at the details, fighting a war with my eyes to push the tears back in. It hurt to imagine what must've happened or how much it would've hurt him.

He further informed us that none of his injuries were major, his fractures were really minor, but he might need bedrest for a good whole week to finally start walking again.

I blamed myself for every single thing.

Logan would waste an entire week of his life. A week of no productivity, no studies, no ideas, no experience. Heck, he would miss so many classes.

Productivity meant the world to him and he always followed a strict schedule, always was outgoing, ready to face the next day, ready for all the tasks that he needed to complete that week and I destroyed all for him.

All because I misunderstood and couldn't wrap my mind around the situation.

These damn regrets.

The doctor opened the door for us, ushering us to head inside. Breanna ran first, followed by James and then Adriel, but Adriel stood at the doorstep and whirled around to look me in the eyes.

I stood rooted to the floor, not daring to move and inch ahead.

"You coming?" asked Adriel, raising a dubious brow.

"I'd better stay outside. Trouble needs to stay far, far away from him"

"Claire-"

"Addy" I cut her off "I know what I'm doing. I'll place a call to his parents; they deserve to see him more than I do"

I walked out of the hospital after Mr and Mrs Walker arrived, I didn't want to witness the looks on their faces as they see their only child so horribly injured. And the reason being, he was drinking and driving.

California was unbearably cold that night, sending trembles down my skin as I wrapped my hands around myself.

I didn't know what to feel anymore - I felt empty inside, void of emotions.

Logan is going to hate me forever.

I had no idea how he'd react when he realizes he had to go through so much just because he was attempting to keep me happy.

I was about to lose someone important to me and I was convinced he would leave me, he warned me about his temper, about how easily he is angered. My little act would anger him so much.

He would think it was because he cared so much for me that he was so sad in his life and then...he'll stop.

He's going to stop caring about me.

And I didn't know if I was ready for such an immense heartache.

**********

I banged my locker shut as loudly as I could, the next day after all the classes were over.

I few students backed away from me probably after observing how extremely bad my day had gone.

Logan didn't come to school and his absence wasn't something I was used to.

But right then, I was ready to make Venetia suffer. I was ready to completely change her life and I already had a plan in mind. All that was left was to execute it.

And I was about to do just that.

I dragged my legs meticulously down the corridor of Whitney High, making sure I 'accidently' stepped on the feet of people who had hurt me and Logan in the past.

With a neutral face, I had already reached my destination but someone stopped me.

"Claire, hold up!"

Without turning around or stopping in my tracks, I spat at Natalie "You're the last person I want to talk to right now"

"Claire please, hear me out" she caught my arm. In attempts to shrug her off of me, I had to turn around and see trails of tears on her cheeks.

I didn't endeavor to ask her if she's been crying, it was evident "What do you want?"

"To talk about Logan and last night"

"I don't wanna talk to you" I responded and started to walk away but she stopped me yet again, this time, harshly pulling me backward. Irately, I yelled at her "What the fuck do you want? I said I don't wanna talk to-"

"Claire! You're completely clueless! Please hear me out" she begged with teary eyes "Please, I know you're in a bad mood and I understand but there's something you should know. Let me start talking and if you find the need to walk away, feel free to. Just...please hear me out"

She led me into a vacant classroom and closed the door shut. She walked using hurried steps, continuously fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hurry up" I muttered sternly, crossing my arms across my chest "I have more important things to do"

"Okay, " she replied, softly, chewing on her lip, "Breanna told you I was a part of the plan, right?"

My eyes grew as wide as saucers "How do you know that?"

"Everybody does" she shrugged "The rumors spread like wildfire in a highschool"

I groaned frustratingly, running my hands through my hair.

"Claire, I just want you to believe me when I say this" she gulped "I am not a part of this"

"Care to explain why Breanna claimed that you are?"

She took a deep breath and exhaled roughly as her throat burned her and a lot was awaiting to be spilled. Then, she began and I didn't stop her "Venetia came upto me a few days ago and she told me that she wanted to throw a party but she wanted me to be her co-organizer. Her reason was that she thought my house was really big and the party would rock. I agreed because...because let's be real, who wouldn't want to team up with Venetia Grey?"

Apologetically, her burning gaze digging into mine "I swear I had no idea she was upto something so evil. She asked me to invite you, Logan and all your friends and she told me it was because 'we needed to be friendly with everyone and embrace our love towards each and every person'. These are the exact words that she said and I remember because I was surprised"

I listened to Natalie carefully as she went on with the story. A breathy sigh later, she continued "There was something I wanted to confess to Logan so I called him up specially and requested him to be there. I didn't realize when he entered the party, I didn't realize when Breanna kissed or anything else for that matter. All I know was that I saw him heading towards the exit in a hurry, with three bottles of beer in his hands. I went upto him told him I was looking everywhere for him...but..." her voice broke a little, maybe she held in a sob preparing to erupt "He told me that...I was fake bitch and that he didn't like me and then he drove away"

"But why would Venetia drag you in?" I yelled at her.

"Maybe because she was trying to stay out of the picture" she gritted her teeth "She framed Breanna and me. If Breanna hadn't told you the truth yesterday, nobody would've known Venetia was the reason this happened!"

We gazed nervously at each other after which I spoke "So what's your point?"

"What?"

"After telling me such a long story about how Venetia is so fucking tricky which I already knew, what exactly is the point that you're trying to make here?"

Fumingly, she fisted her palms together "I'm trying to say that Logan is mad at me for some reason! I don't even know why! I didn't do anything, I swear, I had no fucking idea, not a single one! I want to see him Claire; I want to know how he is. Please tell me he's okay"

I pursed my lips together "I don't know. I don't know how he is; I didn't even go and see him"

She looked at me like I had said something out of the world "But you're his girlfriend right?"

The moment she said that my eyes started burning and my chest felt heavy as if it were filled with hot, scorching, melted iron.

I covered my face with my hands until I felt my hands got wet from a tear that slid out "No Natalie, I'm not his girlfriend, never will be"

And then I told her. I told her everything - how Logan and I were pretending to date to gain attention from others but didn't comprehend that in the process, we were losing eachother too.

I told her how horrible I felt about this, how I wanted to die of shame "What kind of best friend am I Natalie? I was supposed to be there for him when the entire world was against him. And I? I turned my back on him and almost killed him!"

I started to spill tears of pain in front of someone I least expected to express in front of.

Natalie was unexpectedly quiet as she strolled upto me. She gathered me in her arms and let me mourn on her shoulder "Claire, please stop crying. It's only going to give a headache, it'll not solve anything"

I pulled out of her grip and wiped my tears away hastily "Exactly! I'm going after Venetia and I'm going to make sure she suffers! Are you in?"

A bright smile lit up her facade "Hell yes I'm in!"

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I'm making some brownies, anyone interested? Nobody? Okay...

Do tell me what you feel about the story so far!

Anyways, if you guys have any questions about the story, leave em in the comments.

Thank you so much for supporting me!! ^_^

Love, K

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407 16 8
𝒞𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝓊𝑒𝓏 Her last name was a curse she thought. Everywhere she went someone would recognise her or scream her name in hope...
3.6K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
50.2K 3.7K 44
**2ND PLACE IN THE WATTY'S OSCAR AWARDS ** "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE !? " I yelled in her face making her coward back in fear , just how I like them...
48.3K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...