Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 β€’ Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

32

14.3K 421 30
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Goodbye," she muttered before a sob escaped her throat.

~~~

The last thing Beth wanted to do was get out of her bed, but when her friends called her, she did it anyway. She looked at herself in the mirror, and saw that there were bags under her red and puffy eyes. She looked like she had cried herself to sleep and had only slept an hour, which is exactly what she had done. She had gotten to say goodbye this time but not even the closure she had gotten the night before could make her feel less sad about losing Blake all over again. But while a part of her was heart broken, another part of her felt relief. She had seen Blake one last time, long enough to say goodbye and kiss him one last time and that felt great. It was like a large and heavy weight had been lifted from her shoulders because of that.

His parting words ringed in her ears, "Remember I love you."

Yes, she would always remember him and he would always have a special place in her heart but she knew that now for the most part she was ready. Ready to go on with life and move on. Whether she was actually ready to fall in love again, she wasn't sure but for now she knew she could go on with life knowing she had had a great first love without feeling the immense pain she had felt since his death.

So with that on her mind, she got into the her shower and changed to leave. After having done so, she looked at herself in the mirror once more. Her eyes were no longer red (eye drops had fixed that) and the bags under her eyes were now expertly hidden with concealer and as soon as she forced a geniune looking smile on her face, she looked like herself again.

About fifteen minutes later, Beth was following Alaric down a tunnel in the Lockwood Cellar alongside Elena.

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are under their property?" Elena questioned as she moved her flashlight all around the tunnel.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the late," Alaric warned.

"Wait, what?" She asked nervously making the strawberry blonde at her side chuckle a little but before she could comment a low whisper was heard.

"Elena."

The doppelganger turned around nervously trying to see what it was that had said that and was completely stunned when she saw Damon's features in the darkness of the tunnel.

"Boo," he joked but since she hadn't noticed who it was, she jumped.

"Ah! God, Damon!" She exclaimed with a slight gasp.

"Scaredy-cat!" He mocked.

"Just ignore him, it's what I do," Alaric said with a sigh and roll of his brown eyes.

"So you actually can't get in?" Beth asked the vampire.

"No, seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire," Damon remarked.

"Ancient?" Beth questioned.

"What do you mean?" Elena added.

"See for yourselves," Damon said gesturing for them to continue walking foward. "Well, this is as far as I get to go."

The two girls followed Alaric into the small cave at the end of the tunnel. Beth gasped as she saw the carvings on the walls of the tunnel.

"What is all this?" Elena questioned.

"A story," Beth breathed out.

"Yeah, a really old story," Alaric added before he pointed at one of the carvings and then another. "That right there, is the moon cycle. A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf," The brunette finished without taking her sight off the drawings.

"Yeah, it's the Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary Style," Damon remarked.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s," Elena furrowed her brows.

"I don't think it is the Lockwoods," Beth commented.

"Yeah, maybe the Lockwoods came in the 1860s but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that."

"How long?" Elena asked but before anyone could answer a gasp was heard from Beth.

"What?"

"I see you found the names," Alaric said.

"They're in Runic. A viking script," Beth added.

"Viking?"

"Yeah. It says... Niklaus," Beth breathed out as she ran her fingers down the carving.

"Klaus," Elena added before Beth cleared her throat and continued.

"The others are... Elijah and, uh, Rebekah."

"These are the names of the Original family?" Elena questioned with raised brows.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter," Alaric confirmed.

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus' fakes," Elena declared.

"That's what I said," Damon's voice rang throughout the tunnel.

"It's not," Beth shook her head. "Or that wouldn't be there," she spoke before she pointed at the fourth name, "Mikael."

"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus."

"Yep. I now like to call him Papa Original."

"Beth how did you translate the name so easily?" Alaric asked the strawberry blonde.

"Let's just say I had way too much free time before vampires became a part of my life," she joked as she forced a smile on her face.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"I am perfectly aware that you don't like her, but she won't stop until you tell her."

~~~

Author's Note

This is a very short and uneventful chapter and for that I'm sorry just needed to give you something before I can actually put a better update on Sunday. Thanks for being so understanding!

Much Love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 207 23
You read the title right?? I'll leave the rest to your imagination:) This is an avengers fanfiction but I might mention the originals or something i...
564K 7K 39
>β„π”Όβ„šπ•Œπ”Όπ•Šπ•‹π•Š β„‚π•ƒπ•†π•Šπ”Όπ”» < π••π•’π•žπ• π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ 𝕀π•₯π•–π•—π•’π•Ÿ 𝕀𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕖 β™‘οΈŽ π•œπ• π• π•žπ•šπ•œπ•–π•’π•π•€π• ...
76.6K 2.5K 46
You are a two hundred year old witch that looks 22. You move to Mystic Falls for a new start, along the way to you befriend vampires, werewolves, and...
51.9K 1.2K 26
When I delinquent teenage girl moves to mystic falls to live with her cousin she encounters a mysterious man who takes a liking to her.