The Darkness

By Wildfire31

The end of the world was stopped but demons got lose and Leslie and her friends took their children and hid... More

Chapter 1: Twins
Chapter 2: Payment
Chapter 3: Bonding
Chapter 4: Revenge
Chapter 5: Possessed
Chapter 6: Boy Talk
Chapter 7: Dark Secrets
Chapter 9: Old Friends
Chapter 10: Reality
Chapter 11: Demons and Home
Chapter 12: London
Chapter 13: Coming to terms
Chapter 14: Luke's Second Life
Chapter 15: Endings and Beginnings

Chapter 8: Juli's Heart

101 9 0
By Wildfire31

CHAPTER EIGHT

JULI'S HEART

JULI POV

I woke with girls shrieking in my ear and let me tell you Mel had a pair of lungs on her. I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked around but didn't see any of them. 

"You dumb ass human look up! I looked up to see Mel floating above me, the other girls were at various parts of the ceiling. It was then I felt the powers stirring within me and realized what Mel was shrieking about. She must have read my mind because she screamed at me again. 

"No shit Juli. Get your ass outside your fixing to blow and you're not going to be able to stop it. Move!" Leaping from the bed I dashed from the room brushing past Alex on the way. I flew down the stairs as Luke and Jules appeared in front of me. Shoving each of them with one of my hands they flew into the walls as I rushed out the door. Shit, shit, shit, it was so strong now I could feel me burning within. I dove into the ocean as it exploded around me. The repercussion blew the water so it was swirling in a circle around me. I stood on dry ground as the waves brushed lightly across my face like it was caressing me.

Then the lightening started striking me. Shit, that stung like a bitch. Then it was flowing through me, connecting with me and I realized what was going on here. My powers blew because of what I had learned and I was trying to comfort myself with my own powers. I was one serious freak I couldn't even get someone else to comfort me. Sighing I closed my eyes and concentrated on my feelings. Maybe if I could admit what I was feeling I could calm myself down. Anger, number one and two and three. Sorrow, number four and five and love lots of love. No matter what they did I still loved them, how depressing. I was just cruising for a bruising. I felt the water collapse and I opened my eyes to realize I was underwater. Blinking I swam upwards, gasping as I hit the surfaced. 

"Juli? Um...are you okay?" I stepped out of the ocean as Max walked up to me. He looked warily at my soaking wet pajamas then placed a hand on my cheek. "You need to talk to someone." Putting my hand over his, I looked up at him. 

"They betrayed us Max." I was afraid I was going to cry so I threw my arms around him, snuggling close. He gasped as my wet clothes started to soak through his clothes. Then he wrapped his arms around me and started rubbing my back. 

"What happened?" I felt fire burning in my eyes as I leaned back to look at him. He didn't flinch but his golden eyes were confused as I started to speak. I told him everything that had happened while I was asleep then fell silent as I waited for his response. His voice was neutral when he spoke up. 

"So why did you bring them back, then?" My heart pounded in my chest as I lowered my head.  

"Because they're my Dads'. Even though they betrayed her I still love them." I looked back up as I spoke again. "Is that so...wrong? Why couldn't I just leave them to Raven? It's what they deserved. It's what my Mom deserved." To my surprise Max responded with laughter. Glaring I stepped back and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"You're so like your Mom it's freaky." I started to protest but Max raised his hands. 

"Look I've been in Limbo awhile. Gray and Sara tell stories about Leslie. I know she's a firecracker, quick to get in trouble, and as Gray put it, she has a way about her that makes everyone fall in love with her." I stepped forward as fire started flickering from my hands but Max stood his ground.  

"Did it ever occur to you that your Mom knew they were betraying her? That maybe she accepted it as who they were? Then got them to love her as much as she loved them?" Grabbing me around the waist he jerked me to him as the fire faded out. Gasping, I looked into his eye and saw something I hadn't seen their before. I felt his hardness pressed against me and I was positive. 

"No matter what happens I will always be here for you. I've only known you a few days and I already know I love you. So please don't give up." My heart stuttered as he tucked my hair behind my ear then he whispered softly. 

"I'm going to kiss you now." Then his lips were pressed against mine and my world exploded. I felt the muscles in his chest as I sighed. Then decided what the hell. Wrapping my arms around his I pressed closer and caressed his tongue tentatively. He moaned and pulled back as I stood there dazed. 

"I'll back off for now, since I know you're not ready for anything else. And talk to your Dads maybe there was a reason for what they did." He paused then grinned. "By the way I can see through that shirt of yours." He started to run as I laughed and zapped him with lightening. Then we both ran back into the house. He went straight for the kitchen as I rushed upstairs to take a shower. That would give me at, least ten minutes before I had to talk to them.

*********

Max was waiting for me when I walked out of the bathroom. I blushed as he reached out to hold my hand. 

"Your Mom wants you to meet her on the roof before you talk to your Dads. She said you need to talk about a couple of things." Nodding I kissed him on the cheek then headed upstairs. The roof was her favorite place. She said it made her feel free. As soon as I opened the door that led to the roof I saw her standing with her arms spread wide singing as she danced. The flowers she'd placed on the roof were swaying to her song as she giggled like a school girl. Smiling I hollered for her. 

"Mom! It's me." Whirling she turned to face me as she lowered her arms. Her chest was heaving and she was blushing heavily. 

"Sorry. Come here buder bear." I blinked back tears at her childhood name for me and rushed into her arms. She hugged me tight as I let out all my hurt. When I was done she released me and we sank to the ground. She lifted my chin so our eyes would meet as she spoke. 

"I knew the deal Luke made and let him kill me. Jules told me what his father wanted. I know my men Juli. They will always be my men. Luke is my soul mate. He's the one I thought I would never be able to have. Jules is the father of my children and I loved him despite his past and his family. Matt, Joey's brother, was the what if. I never found out what he was meant to be. I know how hard it was for me to let go of my anger when I was hurt and I know you. You aren't me Juli, once you think about it you'll forgive them, just like that. I'd have torn into them and have been done with it. You'll think about it and then tear into them but you don't have time to think about it. Tomorrow you need to leave all of you. It's time you saved the world. So I'm going to have to speed things up a bit and ask you honestly what they could have done differently?" I glared, knowing I was pouting. 

"Daddy could have said no. He could have..." Now Mom was glaring at me. 

"Bullshit. He made a deal with a demon. He didn't know that but he couldn't have known what would happen. You Dad had never stopped to think before he acted. That's why I love him." She grabbed me hand and placed it on her stomach. 

"That's why I'm having his baby. I may be technically 36 but I still have the body of an eighteen year old. When I accepted my destiny and took my place in front of the human race my aging stopped. Everyone's has and I doubt you'll age for much longer. Now I need to tell you something. After I have your brother, your Dad and I will start to age because when we die I have agreed to become the wolf goddess. But until every one of the demons are gone this family is the human race's body guards. You can die but it won't be from age and sickness. It's time I let you begin your journey and I'll be damned if you'll leave this house mad at them. You can still die and I'm pregnant with your brother." Wolf Goddess? What the hell? I started to speak, thought better of the snide remark I was going to make, and changed the subject. 

"Okay that was a huge dump on my plate but if that floats your boat then you go for it. I'm so going to teach him how to float Daddy around the room. Can you teach me that thing you were just doing? It was calming." I glanced over at Mom, who was now sputtering. I grinned and bent down to her stomach to talk to the baby. 

"That's right baby brother. Mommy was so excited to be only having one baby but she forgot how special you are." I frowned and looked up at Mom. 

"Lay of the Fritos. Coner, with one N in his name, hates them." Mom raised an eyebrow. 

"Coner spelled C-O-N-E-R." I nodded as I burst out laughing. 

"He said that was his name. I also told him to talk to Daddy. Since he has telepathic like powers he should be able to hear Coner, as well. He will so freak out." Mom was rolling with laughter at that.

........

I walked down stairs with Mom right behind me. Everyone was there except for Joey. I glanced at Mom. 

"He's working out in the gym." I nodded and glanced at Jules and Daddy, who were sitting on a couch in the corner to themselves. They all looked up at me. I stopped abruptly and Mom bumped into me. It suddenly occurred to me I was the twins' leader and if they died doing this with it would be my fault. Seeming to sense my thoughts Mom placed her hand on my shoulder. Relaxing, I cleared my throat and looked at Daddy and Jules. 

"I have a few things I've come to realize since I got my powers. For one there is a whole world of demons that we have to defeat and tomorrow I think the twins and I should move out and get started kicking ass." All the twins grinned at that especially Jared and Alex. "Also, we all have secrets that we keep to ourselves that we don't want anyone to know about. Granted some of them can be bad but sometimes we do bad things out of love and forgiving should happen the same way. Plus, we are family and we need to stick together. Sometimes we say and do things out of anger that we don't mean. I'm sorry Jules and Daddy." Dad and Jules rose from the couch as a man burst out of the kitchen. His green eyes were wild with hatred as he rushed me, brandishing a wicked cool dagger. Growling I threw up a shield as I leapt forward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 2
*** NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON*** https://www.amazon.com/Charming-Clara-Part-1-2/dp/1091373116/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= Part 1: The...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...
1K 32 30
This story took place in a supernatural world. Carly wasn't just a mere human girl but a vampire. She met her real parents who came from different un...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...