color blind | e.d

بواسطة siennaivee

"you must be color blind to think that i'm beautiful. what do you see? tell me, do you see black, white, and... المزيد

i. coffee shop
ii. coffee shop pt. 2
iii. slapped with the hurtful truth
iv. the talk
v. twenty-one questions
vi. movie disaster
vii. uneven ground
viii. brotherly advice
ix. fear of heights
x. theme park
xi. "love birds"
xii. dreamy nightmares
xiii. dinner date pt.1
xiv. dinner date pt.2
Author's Note
xv. bowling and backstabbing
another author's note... very important!!!
xvi. healing
xviii. let it go
xiv. bonding
yet another author's note🙄
xv. the final straw
answers.
NEWS😭‼️
epilogue (NEW😂)
HEY BUPS, PSA!!!
...A Happy New Year
More News...

xvii. preparation

950 56 47
بواسطة siennaivee

"Which dress looks better? No, scratch that. Which color looks best? Champagne or the blush?" I hold up the dress options for Ethan as I examine the other shimmering dresses around me. I don't recall ever having difficulty trying to find the 'perfect' dress.

Since Ethan's grandmother's birthday was in four days, I had to make sure that I dressed nice and formal. She has never met me, nor does she know that I am Black American. Ethan says that she doesn't know one thing about me, only that he has a girlfriend. For some reason, I feel he knows something that I don't, and when I question him about it, he dodges the question. It's starting to irritate me.

"You know every dress in this store would look perfect on you to me," he says, switching hands to hold the many bags that we had. Let's just say Ethan loves to shop just as much as I do.

"Are you trying to make me turn the same color as this dress?" A smirk is planted on my face as I turn to look at him. He shrugs as if he's really clueless.

"I don't know, you tell me."

We both share a smirk as I grab the dress off the rack and make sure that it's in my size before taking it up to the front desk. The lady sees that I have five dresses that I'm willing to pay for and she smiles.

"Hi, how are you?" she starts to ring them up.

"I'm well, you?"

"I'm doing all right." She types something before giving me eye contact. "Your total is $301.67," she grins, tapping her fingers against the counter. Ethan pulls out an envelope full of cash, handing over three hundred dollars in cash.

Our next stop was to Finish Line, because Ethan had ordered a pair of shoes offline that they didn't sell in the store and he'd pick them up there. I didn't know why he bought so many shoes at a time. He has enough already.

"Here you go, sir," the black boy at the counter hands Ethan his shoes, winking at me just as Ethan is about to thank him. It stops him. Oh shit, is all I can possibly think while my stomach drops.

Instead of going off like he would've, he dismissed it quickly before saying a quick "Thank you," and grabs my ass. A little uncalled for, yes, but did I stop it? No. I smirk at him, but his eyes are staring straight ahead, ears all red from this unnecessary anger.

"Ethan, he was just being nice," I sing in his ear, stopping at a bench so he could try his shoes on. He ignores me, humming a response, before trying on his shoes. I notice them as Adidas NMD's, the white ones. I gasp. This finally catches Ethan's attention.

"Those shoes look good on you!" I try to lighten the mood; however it only slightly helps. He nods, walking around in them before taking them off gently and putting them back in the box.

E gets up without a word. I follow him, but his pace is more of a jog than a walk. This is now starting to really pissed me the hell off, because today was supposed to be a great day and he's ruining it, all because some bum ass nigga winked at me.

"Ethan," I grab his shoulder tightly. He stops, looking at me with this weird expression. More than likely sarcasm. "Today is supposed to be a good day. Don't you dare ruin this for the both of us."

It's all I have to say before I turn the opposite way to head back to the car.

———

"Nervous?"

"A little bit."

"I'll defend you if she says anything."

"What do you mean?"

Ethan's grandmother opens the door just before he can answer, which slightly irritated the fire out of me. He had finally gotten over his spell while we were trying to get ready, but now this is where the real bullshit comes in.

Like I guessed before, Ethan might be hiding something from me. He knows something I don't. I can see it in his eyes. The reason I haven't said anything is because I don't want to spoil anything for myself and ruin the relationship.

"Hi, Ethan!" she hugs him, her blue eyes looking over at me. She smiles tightly. "And who might this be?"

"Grandma, this is April," he says with a smile, pulling me in close. Her face turns into confusion.

"I thought you said you were bringing your girlfriend?" My heart sank, a pinch occurring behind my eyes. There's only two reasons why she would say that, and if the one I thought was true, I was about to leave right this instant.

"Granny, this is my girlfriend. She's the one I've been telling you about!" he smiles again.

This doesn't help. She gives me a size up before turning to her grandson. Her expression is agitation.

"When you said there was someone special, I was expecting a little more than this." With that, she walks into the kitchen, leaving us both speechless. Ethan signs, shaking his head. I turn to him.

"Ethan? What did she mean?" I knew the answer, but I wanted him to say it. I wanted him to know how it felt, how it hit home. He glances everywhere but my face, and when he does, his eyes are anxious. This has already gotten off to a bad start and we just got here.

"April... she's being irrational. Please just give this another shot. We'll all be okay." His words weren't enough. I brush past him and back to the car. "April, where are you going?"

"Home," I answer, and as I look back, the old woman is watching us through the window. Ethan notices, too.

"No you are not! April!" Ethan runs after me, pulling me back inside and directing me to have a seat. I didn't want to do this. His mom, dad, Cameron, and Grayson were at the table while the grandfather was in the kitchen. I suck in a breath as the rest of the family smiles, except for Mr. Dolan and the grandmother herself. The granddad shares a smile with me.

After prayer and whatnot, Grandma decides it's best to piss me off even more.

"Ethan, may I ask you something?" It's very silent as we all know what's about to happen.

"Yes?"

"When did you started having interest in girls from different backgrounds?" Grayson nearly spits out his water from the question, their mother nearly doing the same.

"Mother!" she exclaims, giving her an evil look.

"Hush, Lisa, I'm asking Ethan."

His face is pale, and he's dropped his fork. The other men are silently enjoying their meal. I can see Ethan slowly breathing, trying everything in his will to stay calm. I kick his shin softly under the table.

Don't do it. Don't do it, Ethan, I think inside my head. He stands up, throws his napkin on his plate along with his fork, before slamming the chair against the table. It breaks, as well as his plate that slides off. He takes his glass and shatters it against the wall.

"I've had enough," he states, his voice starting to rise some. I close my eyes, wishing this would just end. "I've had enough of you and Dad for not supporting me. I've done everything you've ever asked me, with effort and without question. I've had to sacrifice my friends all because of you!"

Ethan's grandmother rises as well, her emotions hard and her jaw is set. Her hand comes up and smacks Ethan, causing me to cup my mouth and for Grayson to do the same.

"Diane!" Lisa rages. Sean glares at her, but Mrs. Lisa is not backing down. "He loves her! What don't you see? Just be happy for your fucking family for once!"

"This is a disgrace, Ethan Grant Dolan!" Grandma edges forward. The pretty hazel eyes that I used to love are dark as his expressions mix, and it leaves a pang of guilt in my chest.

"You know that ni**ers are not allowed to mix with whites, especially in this family. If I haven't told you a million times already, you are not allowed to date, marry, have sex with, or even give praise to a ni**er!" she's screaming, which causes me to cry.

Grayson pulls me in for a hug, and I bury myself in his chest. It's comforting to know that someone cares about you. He rubs my back gently, as well as my hair. I'd hope he wouldn't notice the hair grease that would come up on his hand.

I turn to look at Ethan, but he's staring at me with the most hurt expression. Suddenly, he lunges across the table at his kin, pulling her by her collar. Grayson is quick to grab his twin. Everyone is frantic and pulling each of the two apart, with yells and all this commotion.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go this instant Ethan Grant Dolan!" she screams and thrashes, pounding on Ethan's chest while I watch in shock. He's saying something to her that I can't possibly understand.

"Ethan!" Grayson yells at him. He finally lets go, but there's tears in his eyes.

He comes near me, offering for my hand. I take it and let him lead me out. His hands are warm. He stops at the door and looks back at his so called 'family.'

"I hate you." It's the last words he says before he yanks me towards the car.

I'm so sorry if I offend any of you :( I had to go back and correct some references because I don't need ANYONE trying to report me 😂 so enjoy this because I've been busy. might be the last update of the month🤷🏾‍♀️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

241K 2.5K 100
cute, short stories including grayson & ethan dolan
4.3K 86 33
"Grayson and I have an agreement that if we both are attracted by the same girl, we share her." -Ethan "And we're both attracted to you" - Grayson ...
3.2K 192 55
I stan all the black dolan twins fans...I myself is black so i decided to make a dolan book that is basically a black girl find her self with the am...
75K 1.5K 89
"The tears don't stop coming, but I can't feel them come out anymore. I want to run, to leave this place, to get away from here, as far away as possi...